Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! (3166 Views)

Orubebe Is A Disgrace, Afraid Of Probe- Oshiomhole / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
Can someone drum it into the heads of these officials that they do themselves and the people a very great disservice by their gross negligence in maintaining working street lights in the Lagos Metropolis?

In a city already lacking streetlights in all but the major highways, it is shameful that even those limited facilities are found so tragically wanting in delivering the required service. The entire Third Mainland Bridge is unlit at night. This is the longest bridge in Africa we're talking about. Away from the island, a great many of the streetlights on the mainland are non-functional, even on major highways and flyovers. This is something that needs to be addressed with urgency as it makes a mockery of pledges to turn Lagos into a modern megacity, or even into any kind of decent city.

We've been in the news recently regarding possibly usurping South Africa's position as Africa's leading economy in the near future. Go to Johannesburg. You see, we cannot be talking of non-working streetlights in our major commercial cities, and be talking about taking over from South Africa. In Jo'burg, streetlights work. Intriguingly enough, I was in Enugu recently, and throughout the city, the streetlights functioned without any problems. Put simply, Fashola and his FG partners in Abuja need to step up their act as per the Lagos streetlights and STOP FUC.KING UP.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by blacksta(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr I love Nigeria - why are you complaining - reading your previous posts on Nigeria , one would simply assume everything works 100%
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
I don't believe this is the same person we have come to know . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
@kobojunkie and blacksta, the difference between you and I is that I engage in constructive criticism, a concept foreign to your muddled faculties.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
Yes, constructive criticism as defined by you, right?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^ And whomsoever else it pleases to define it!
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Like I said . . .

Kobojunkie: Yes, constructive criticism as defined by you, right?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Omen100(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
Rossikk: Can someone drum it into the heads of these officials that they do themselves and the people a very great disservice by their gross negligence in maintaining working street lights in the Lagos Metropolis?

In a city already lacking streetlights in all but the major highways, it is shameful that even those limited facilities are found so tragically wanting in delivering the required service. The entire Third Mainland Bridge is unlit at night. This is the longest bridge in Africa we're talking about. Away from the island, a great many of the streetlights on the mainland are non-functional, even on major highways and flyovers. This is something that needs to be addressed with urgency as it makes a mockery of pledges to turn Lagos into a modern megacity, or even into any kind of decent city.

We've been in the news recently regarding possibly usurping South Africa's position as Africa's leading economy in the near future. Go to Johannesburg. You see, we cannot be talking of non-working streetlights in our major commercial cities, and be talking about taking over from South Africa. In Jo'burg, streetlights work. Intriguingly enough, I was in Enugu recently, and throughout the city, the streetlights functioned without any problems. Put simply, Fashola and his FG partners in Abuja need to step up their act as per the Lagos streetlights and STOP FUC.KING UP.

Ignorance is an incurable disease because its a cognitive ailment. Mr. Poster is it that u lack understanding or u are just dumb?
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by billante(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Rossikk: @kobojunkie and blacksta, the difference between you and I is that I engage in constructive criticism, a concept foreign to your muddled faculties.

I understand you! Criticize when something is not done or done wrong! But as well praise when something is done right! Dats d kind of people I respect...not people like: she knows her self...who start sounding like fools just because they have to criticize! Even when it is obvious wat they are cricizing is correct! You can't tell me everything govt does is wrong! Don't they have a brain?!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
billante:

I understand you! Criticize when something is not done or done wrong! But as well praise when something is done right! Dats d kind of people I respect...not people like: she knows her self...who start sounding like fools just because they have to criticize! Even when it is obvious wat they are cricizing is correct! You can't tell me everything govt does is wrong! Don't they have a brain?!

You dey mind them? Abeg talk betta thing my brotha.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
Omen100:

Ignorance is an incurable disease because its a cognitive ailment. Mr. Poster is it that u lack understanding or u are just dumb?

What's your problem?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by seunfly: 4:36am On Aug 29, 2012
Omen100:

mr man who should we ask poster or you?
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by taharqa: 5:14am On Aug 29, 2012
Rossikk: @kobojunkie and blacksta, the difference between you and I is that I engage in constructive criticism, a concept foreign to your muddled faculties.

GBAM!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by warrior01: 6:34am On Aug 29, 2012
seunfly: mr man who should we ask poster or you?
I wonder o
@Op, very thoughtful of you and this shows who the true patriots are. My respect!
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2012
Rossikk: Can someone drum it into the heads of these officials that they do themselves and the people a very great disservice by their gross negligence in maintaining working street lights in the Lagos Metropolis?

yawn. . .those of us who actually live and work in lagos, not empty headed noisemakers can see the progress. a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. anyone who drives through oshodi, above cms and some other locations can see, the slow and sure steps lasg is taking ith respect to street illumination.

as to third mainland bridge, direct that to gej - thats federal property

as to your blather about enugu - this is why you are little more than a small thinker - the other day you were talking some innanae bs about the siuccess of a floor tile merchant you met in enugu as evidence of a rennaisance - a merchant, not a manufacturer whose business will provide employment for 5 people at most was your idea of progress

now you are here talking bs about enugu streetlights which are probably less in total than those on the previously mentioned third mainland bridge.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
oyb:

yawn. . .those of us who actually live and work in lagos, not empty headed noisemakers can see the progress. a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. anyone who drives through oshodi, above cms and some other locations can see, the slow and sure steps lasg is taking with respect to street illumination.

Look at this one talking about CMS on the island. We're talking mainland, and the streetlights on the mainland are for the most part non-functional. Parts of Ikeja close to the state govt offices have working lights of course.

as to your blather about enugu - this is why you are little more than a small thinker - the other day you were talking some innanae bs about the success of a floor tile merchant you met in enugu as evidence of a rennaisance - a merchant, not a manufacturer whose business will provide employment for 5 people at most was your idea of progress.

Yes, I was talking of the rise in opportunities for self-employment. And I stand by the story. You don't need to be a ''manufacturer'' to prosper.

now you are here talking bs about enugu streetlights which are probably less in total than those on the previously mentioned third mainland bridge.

Actually they're far more in total than on the lightless Third mainland bridge, and it's obvious you've never stepped foot in Enugu, or you wouldn't shamelessly dismiss the great strides made there even as you wallow in street darkness in Lagos while typing drivel in support of those failing in their basic duties of providing FUNCTIONING STREETLIGHTS.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Osiris211: 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
Then get back to south east, the Eldorado.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by BlackPikiN(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
^^^^^Why not go back to Ikare? Ewu Gambia.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by birdman(m): 4:55am On Sep 09, 2012

Does Enugu have the longest bridge in Africa? Please answer, mr. objective criticism
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by naptu2: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2012
I think the problem is consistency. Previously the entire stretch of 3rd Mainland Bridge was unlit. When Fashola became governor in 2007 the street lights from the Adekunle to Oworonshoki were activated (sometimes running on diesel generators when PHCN fails to supply electricity. I'm still trying to understand why the mainland end was lit, while the island end remained in the dark) even though the bridge is owned by the feds.

I haven't gone over the bridge at night in the last 2 months, but I've noticed that some places that had functioning street lights no longer have them, while some places that have never had functioning street lights now have them. The problem is consistency and maintenance.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Osiris211: 6:22am On Sep 09, 2012
Is Lagos part of south east? why are you fools always crying more than the bereaved? unfortunately, your IQ is embarrassingly too low to understand that, am from south west and my capital is Lagos.

where are you from? Does it takes a rocket science for you to understand that you can close down your spare part shop in mile 12 and move back to your Eldorado?

nkita ara!

BlackPikiN: ^^^^^Why not go back to Ikare? Ewu Gambia.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 09, 2012
Rossikk:

Loot at this one talking about CMS on the island. We're talking mainland, and the streetlights on the mainland are for the most part non-functional. Parts of Ikeja close to the state govt offices have working lights of course.

Yes, I was talking of the rise in opportunities for self-employment. And I stand by the story. You don't need to be a ''manufacturer'' to prosper.

Actually they're far more in total than on the lightless Third mainland bridge, and it's obvious you've never stepped foot in Enugu, or you wouldn't shamelessly dismiss the great strides made there even as you wallow in street darkness in Lagos while typing drivel in support of those failing in their basic duties of providing FUNCTIONING STREETLIGHTS.

i have been to your enugu, a dead civil service town that does not even have a correct hotel and is full of dead factories

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by pazienza(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Enugu street lights are very efficient and they are in every nook and cranny of the city. The funny thing is that sometimes you won't have light in your home,but the street lights would still be on.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
oyb:

i have been to your enugu, a dead civil service town that does not even have a correct hotel and is full of dead factories

Why is having a ''correct hotel'' more important to you than having functional streetlights?

Talk about misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Dainfamous: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
OP pls don't ever compare Johannesburg and Lagos again they are not on the same level abeg even if fashola is trying he cant turn Lagos in the same level as Johannesburg in terms of infrastructure .Better compare Lagos with may be Abidjan or Accra...
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
^^^Is Fashola the only governor Lagos will ever have? Or are you saying Lagos will always trail behind world class cities and will never catch up? Are you incapable of seeing beyond your immediate nose? Let me know exactly what you're saying so I can crush it.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Dainfamous: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
^^
Am not saying that Lagos will always trail behind world class cities,what am saying is that the ex governors of Lagos state didn't help at all,years of infrastructural neglects..fashola cannot fix all that even in 8years.......
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
Rossikk:

Why is having a ''correct hotel'' more important to you than having functional streetlights?

Talk about misplaced priorities.

blind bat - abi you didn't see what i said about dead factories- talk about inability to read anything beyond your quasi africanist drivel

keep spamming nl with the petty ignorant and infantile rants of an internet noisemaker

bloody dunce who cheers the incompetent murderers of the nigerian police force

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by oderemo(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
yawn and more yawn,
start pounding the street in the dark with my touch.
:@op, reprogramme your brain.
Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by soma042(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
oyb:

yawn. . .those of us who actually live and work in lagos, not empty headed noisemakers can see the progress. a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. anyone who drives through oshodi, above cms and some other locations can see, the slow and sure steps lasg is taking ith respect to street illumination.

as to third mainland bridge, direct that to gej - thats federal property

as to your blather about enugu - this is why you are little more than a small thinker - the other day you were talking some innanae bs about the siuccess of a floor tile merchant you met in enugu as evidence of a rennaisance - a merchant, not a manufacturer whose business will provide employment for 5 people at most was your idea of progress

coconut head what the guy is saying is true. The whole of enugu is light up, even abapka, camp, obiagu. These are places where low income earners lïve. And u are here talkn abt mainland garbege. Ur problem is that people like u dònt travel, rather u prefer to staye in a place u buy 1 plate of food 30 naira with 10 10 naira pkomo. Lazy owanbe's

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
soma042: 0

coconut head what the guy is saying is true. The whole of enugu is light up, even abapka, camp, obiagu.

Why bother? He's never heard about any of those places. Such is the extent of his ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! by Rossikk(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
oyb:

blind bat - abi you didn't see what i said about dead factories

The only thing around here that's dead is your brain.

keep spamming nl with the petty ignorant and infantile rants of an internet noisemaker

Says a barely literate bozo with rocks and foam for brains. Why don't you leave your darkened neighbourhood and experience a well-lit street, or has constant darkness turned you nocturnal like a bat?

bloody dunce who cheers the incompetent murderers of the nigerian police force

Butt-ugly werewolf screaming in pain at the sight of light.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 20 In Kaduna / Adulteress And Lover Stripped N*ked Publicly In Benue State (photos) / Dear Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.