Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,242 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Your Importation Questions Answered - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Importation Questions Answered (11221 Views)

Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered / The Chinese New Year ( CNY) And How It Affects Your Importation Business. / Trademark Registeration In Nigeria (all Your Questions Answered In A Simple Way) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2012
Importing from China or other countries is real easy, easier than you think. I've done and had my goods delivered right to my doorstep here in Lagos. You can do it too. If you have any questions about the whole process, ask me and I'll do my best to answer all.

2 Likes

Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2012
For starters, it is not only alibaba that you can import things, there are many other sites you can import goods from cheaply and easily and free shipping too.

Any questions.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by oluchikeh(f): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2012
Hello Julie best
please can i have your phone number so that we can talk on the phone
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by authecosta911(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hi Juliet, can u pls tell me those site apart from alibaba?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by DTalented(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
pls list the sites or Email me on obynothetalented@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by chux76(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
We would like to get more details. Which other sites are also good for imports?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by DTalented(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
juliebest: For starters, it is not only alibaba that you can import things, there are many other sites you can import goods from cheaply and easily and free shipping too.

Any questions.

we need the sites pls
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by mkmyers45(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
How do you get trusted and proven suppliers for computer gadgets?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by resourceng(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
these are the two i know
aliexpress and dhgate...
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by DavidRossi: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Poster
Pls mention a good shipping coy with a Lagos office that could handle goods bought in China and foward to Nigeria.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by chemashie(m): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2012
I know of aliexpress, dhgate, lightinthebox but i would like the op to tell us how do u go about free shipping to nigeria. Think dhgate is far more secure with your fund due to their compulsory escrow service.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2012
sorry, I've been away. Yes like resourceng said you can also import from aliexpress and dhgate. You can also use madeinchina.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
I've answered all your questions but moderators keep hiding my post
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
Continuing the importation lesson- check out the sites,select the one you are comfortable with and browse through their categories. You can also use the search bar in the site to search for specific products. Next we'll discuss how to find good suppliers. Questions?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by chemashie(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pls drop this stuff fast and stop keeping us in suspense. We are all fast learners and also involved in international markets at times.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
To avoid getting fake goods or goods of low quality or even been scammed of your money, you have to be very careful of the supplier you deal. Some of the suppliers you see on the site are fake, some are there to collect your money and run, so do your due diligence.Choosing the right supplier is an important aspect of your importation business. I have a book where I put down all these, go to my signature to get yours. Yes I'm selling the book for a token but the site won't be up for long.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
One thing you to know is that communication with the seller is important. Don't just rush out your credit card once you see a product you like at a price you like. No. Contact the seller. You can chat with, call or email the seller. Ask him questions. There are so many questions in the book you can ask the seller like his shipping method, the quality of his goods, etc. First ask the supplier if he ships to Nigeria.

Like I said there are many questions and you should check his responses...they are all in the book. I did a lot of research when I wanted to start importing goods, I then went further to implement my research and it worked. I've bought from aliexpress and dhagte with success. Every step of what I did is contained in the book- "Start your Import Business with N10,000".
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Thethy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2012
Today we'll learn about shipping. but any questions so far? You can get your book at www.moneyinayear.com/import.html
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by chemashie(m): 7:59am On Aug 31, 2012
Any seller that is not shipping his/her product to nigeria is seriously missing out. Even our patronage has been recognised on their sites.
I can‘t imagine myself buyin on dose sites & stil pay for shipping. The only thing dat could make me pay for shipping is when i request for the sample products since they wouldn‘t giv d product free and also do free shipping.
I always prefer seller with high reviews.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Thethy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2012
You are right chemashie. Its surprising to believe that in this day and age, some people still don't want to deal with Nigerians. I was checking a product in one of the sites once, and saw 'sorry, this supplier doesn't ship to your country'. I left his page immediately and went to see more serious sellers. I don't waste time on this sort of people, they don't want to deal with us, I don't need them - their loss not mine.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by juliebest(f): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2012
Shipping simply means the way you will receive your goods from the country of purchase to your own country. You can go through air or sea. If you are buying small quantities of merchandise, use air to transport it, but if you are buying in large quantities go throu the sea, it is more cost effective.
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by honeyguy(m): 8:26am On Sep 02, 2012
how can i get a wine importation license?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2012
honeyguy: how can i get a wine importation license?

what kinds of wine do you want to import?
you can see the prohibition list of products here
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88340406/Nigerian-Import-Export-Prohibition-List.pdf
If your choice is not listed then you can start your import business
If you import in smaller units you dont need to go clear them at the port

If you need to actually know what the import business
is about download this free report here
http://www.smallbusiness.com.ng/importcourse/isvtc.pdf
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2012
juliebest: For starters, it is not only alibaba that you can import things, there are many other sites you can import goods from cheaply and easily and free shipping too.

Any questions.

There is TTnet and others too
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2012
chemashie: Pls drop this stuff fast and stop keeping us in suspense. We are all fast learners and also involved in international markets at times.

Check the previous download links
or send a mail (check my sig.) to download free
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by honeyguy(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2012
alcoholic wine is not prohibited...i was told i need nafdac certificate...how can i get that and how much?
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 02, 2012
honeyguy: alcoholic wine is not prohibited...i was told i need nafdac certificate...how can i get that and how much?

what alcoholic wine are you talking about. Whiskey and Spirits are prohibited. review that list again
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by honeyguy(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2012
Waters, including Mineral Waters and Aerated Waters containing added Sugar or Sweetening Matter or Flavoured, ice snow – H.S. Codes 2202.1000 – 2202.9000, other non-alcoholic beverages H.S. Code 2202.1000 - 2202.9000.99 [ but excluding energy or Health Drinks {Liquid Dietary Supplements} e.g. Power Horse, Red Ginseng etc] H.S. Code 2202.9000.91 and Beer and Stout (Bottled, Canned or Otherwise packed) H.S. Code 2203.0010.00 - 2203.0090.00
Re: Your Importation Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2012
still read further

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sidra Bank App Review / YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced / Naira Slump: Manufacturers’ Raw Material Imports Hit N8 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.