Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,735 members, 7,862,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board (10989 Views)

Plateau Lawmakers Fight At Stormy Session, Break Chairs / Humility? Orji Uzor Kalu Caught On Camera Arranging Plastic Chairs In A Gatherin / Buhari Chairs AU Meeting Of The Peace & Security Committee At The Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by Callotti: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
PhysicsQED: I can't believe people fell for Callotti/Blazay's bait. She's pretty much a known troll.

Which wan consian ya? cheesy
When someone is telling you the truth, you will call it 'trolling'!
But when you are disssshing out. . .it is sweeeeeeet abi? cheesy
A good sportsman should be able to take THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY ABI? kiss
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by Callotti: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
CyberG:

Really? Educate the forum with anything false in what she said.
Thank you o!
Abi is it Nigerians in the USA like these. . .they want me to praise. . .

http://www.voteinagawa.com/News/News2.htm

A whole ex-govorner of Abia State's daughter? shocked

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Fayette-County-GA/Helga-Nosiri.4717019.html

Is this not the Late Sam Mbakwe's daughter? tongue

Another "Platimmunkey"! grin

A whole pharmacist who gave birth in Jail. . .got deported to Nigeria and is currently living in Canada? wink
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by optimistD(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Callotti: Thank God!!!
Unlike the other He-Goat aka "Ikemba" Neuro-Surgeon blackmailed by one of his nurses, for having s-e-x in hospital parking-lots in this same America.
Mister "Finance Minister" with ashawo "UGLY" Mrs. PIGGY NYANSH MOUTH!!! tongue
This is gooooooood neeeeeeews!!!! cool
God bless America!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!
When will the UK produce a Kenyan Obama sef? tongue

HE RELOCATED TO THE US 3 DECADES AGO? grin
Hope he did not leave wives and children as "Nigerian Welfare Recipients" over dial o? cheesy
is ths post not supposed to be hidden?

1 Like

Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by Callotti: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why should the post be hidden?
Abeg. . .information that is in the light should not be covered ke!
Is it a lie? grin
EVEN IF NA MY MAMA, NA ME GO FIRST SHAME AM SEF! cheesy
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by Eleazarrh(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
I'm to be an Abeokuta, Ogun State indigene..... Keep making us proud. thumbs up
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by coolestboy(m): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2012
Dis is 1daful, his brother was my former vice chancellor, prof kayode oyesiku. Having elites and educated people as much as possible in a family is more than money. Train your children.
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by koman: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2012
i luk 4ward 2dat
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by alanmwene: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
kuramo: Here is the link .

http://www.abns.org/images/misc/schedule_exams.jpg

The American Board of Neurological Surgery consists of 14 Directors selected from practicing neurosurgeons throughout North America. Directors are elected after nominations are received from the following societies: American Association of Neurological Surgeons (4), Society of Neurological Surgeons (4), Congress of Neurological Surgeons (4), American Academy of Neurological Surgery (1), Neurosurgical Society of America (1). Each director serves for a single six-year term. Appointments are staggered, and 2-3 new directors come on the Board each year.

Officers

Nelson M. Oyesiku, MD
Atlanta, Georgia
Chairman

Mitchel S. Berger, MD
Salt Lake City, Utah
Vice-Chairman

Craig A. Van Der Veer, MD
Charlotte, North Carolina
Vice-Chairman

Fredric B. Meyer, MD
Rochester, Minnesota
Secretary

Matthew A. Howard, III, MD
Iowa City, Iowa
Treasurer

Directors

Anthony L. Asher, MD
Charlotte, North Carolina

Jeffrey N. Bruce MD
New York, New York

Alan R. Cohen, MD
Cleveland, Ohio

Mark N. Hadley, MD
Birmingham, Alabama

Robert E. Harbaugh, MD
Hershey, Pennsylvania

Karin Muraszko, MD
Ann Arbor, Michigan

David W. Roberts, MD
Lebanon, New Hampshire

Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD
Charlottesville, Virginia

B. Gregory Thompson, MD
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Vincent C. Traynelis, MD
Chicago, Illinois

The offices of the American Board of Neurological Surgery are located in Houston Texas, and full-time administrative staff are available during regular business hours to answer any questions regarding the organization.

Executive Director
Mary Louise Spencer
Woodbridge CT
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Nigerian Emerges Chair Of American Board Of Neurological Surgery by Mization(m): 5:41pm
kura

Obafemi awoolowo unversity?/////Where is that shit?
Emori university////
Abegee abegee dis na massive 419!Affirmative action quotas?
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by PhysicsQED(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
alanmwene:

Obafemi awoolowo unversity?/////Where is that shit?
Emori university////
Abegee abegee dis na massive 419!Affirmative action quotas?

Hey Congo dude, do you know of any accomplished/distinguished Congolese scientists?

I'm asking purely out of curiosity because I haven't heard of any or come across any in any of the searches I've carried out on African scientists.
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by alanmwene: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Alain assounga
PHd transplant uminolgy and molecular biology(harvard school of medecine)
Master mathematics(combinatorics) at harvar school of mathematics
Former president of south africa neuphrology society!
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by PhysicsQED(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
Thanks. At least there's one.
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by PhysicsQED(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
I have to say though, misinformed comments like yours almost make me wish affirmative action didn't exist. I know it's necessary to correct the disparities between whites and African Americans caused by past discrimination, but it kind of distorts the perception of those black people - whether immigrant or non-immigrant - that have no real need of affirmative action.

For somebody with a professional profile as accomplished as professor Oyesiku's, and somebody teaching at one of the better medical schools in the U.S. (Emory University School of Medicine), to be labeled an affirmative action beneficiary for being promoted to the chair of the neurological surgeons board even with the numerous other achievements he's had is kind of annoying. It makes one wonder what else people will attribute to affirmative action and who else people will label an affirmative action beneficiary even when there is glaring and obvious evidence to the contrary.
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by dasparrow: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
@Post

Congrats to him. It's not easy.
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by alanmwene: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
PhysicsQED: Thanks. At least there's one.
"At least there is one"You are really misinformed about congoleses people!
Fassy kafyeke:born in boma(congo)former president of canadian aeronautics and space institute:
Books and papers
http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.fluid.35.101101.161217
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3921626.Fassi_Kafyeke
http://events.aero.bombardier.com/exec/speakers/FKafyeke

Upcoming:
Roland matsouaka:Reseach fellow at harvard school of public health
Master in algebra and geometry
Former research fellow in differential geometry in louvain university(belgium)
PHd in biostatistical modelling (harvard)
Plenty,plenty more!
Re: Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board by PhysicsQED(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
At least there's up to three! grin Just kidding. Anyway, thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Akpabio’s Election / Lagos Belongs To Every Nigerian / Nigeria Slightly Improves On Corruption Fight; Ranks 144th – Transparency Intern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.