Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? (19274 Views)

While You Are Away; Maids Vs Kids / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by QueenAw(f): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
^^^ Again,
Kobojunkie: ^^^^^ you just helped me with support for most every one of the points I have tried to make about how many of our Nigerian women(Madams with house helps and cleaners) are not on the same level when it comes to Hard-work, as women in other parts of Africa where many of the pictures of hard-working women now come from, and some parts of the west. . . .

You don't need to tell me anything really. You don't owe me any explanations. I said what I said -- you helped bolster my point with your post and that is that.

Comparing Nigeria and the west in the way you have done above . . . so many people reading this, who are in touch with reality, will laugh wondering what hallucinogen you are on, trying to compare life in the west(as pertains business and schedules) with that obtained in Nigeria. . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by EfemenaXY: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
QueenAw: ^^^ Perhaps you're right. But one thing I do know for sure is that I'm not lazy. Neither is my husband & my sisters in the u.s.
Do this hard working women go to site and manage semi illiterate laborers in construction projects, standing under the sun for several hours, to return home to a house without electricity? Sometimes no running water? You live in fear of armed robbers, kidnappers etc? And you may need someone to put on the generator at odd hours of the night? Do they need to go to a rowdy market to do their grocery shopping or in supermarkets so convenient? Do they need to buy diesel? Call an electrician, plumber etc & supervise the job done? Is it dusty in America? Where you hardly find sand except at the beaches? I think not!
There is no way I can be productive as a working woman without domestic help. It really is that simple. Perhaps I could if I had no choice. But I do have a choice.
After all, I visit the u.s for 2 months every year & I cope pretty well. I don't wake up to a dusty room, I cook & clean up after me & my sister runs the washing machine, dryer & dish washer for me (I do not know how to use them, nor do I care to learn smiley )
Do you have guest just drop in on you in the u.s? I think not. Here in Africa, you have inlaws, family, friends etc who can drop in on you at anytime. Your home is as good as theirs. Culture does not permit that you'll ask them to take care of themselves! You are hosting people/family pretty much every weekend? Will I ask them to wash the bathroom when they are done? Will I ask them to open the gates themselves? Does your car get dirty upon each use due to dusty/muddy roads? Do you need to wash it everyday? Common now, answer the questions sincerely!! And trust me, there are a whole lot more we have to do in Africa/Nigeria to get the basic/neat living condition you people in developed countries have at your disposal.
And oh, we have security guards too! Hehe

You've listed a whole lot of things that you DON'T do. Others do them for you.

So what DO you really do then in your matrimonial home, if I may ask?? undecided
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by charliemamen: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hello, are you an upwardly mobile worker who needs a Nanny? Do you live at Ogba, Agege, Iju and Ojodu berger axis?

Are you thinking of a Live In nanny or a part time Nanny. This is your best bet.

Our Office is Located at
HushEdge Consulting
Bemil Estate.
Ojodu Berger

Currently available are Mrs Hannah, delta, 50 years Old and Mrs Adeoti 49 years Old.

This people have been tested and trusted

Mrs Hannah is a christian while Mrs Adeoti is a muslim

you can reach me on 08034126198 for any othe details you may require before taking these people to handle your wards/belongings.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / Lady Accused Of Stealing Mother's Day Writeup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.