Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (761443 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
jennykadry:

Three months in advance atleast
(1)when is it too early to apply for visa assessment level3 , i mean can one apply for prg that starts by july next year by this dec/jan?
(2)is there any specific period to be covered or amount to be shown on tax statement clearance as an evidence of source of income or only the bank statement and supporting letter wiil do?
(3) what one can one use or do to show home country tie?
thanks sister, and suggestions are wlc from others too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2014
alukojosh:
Hello house, very Urgent,

Here is another issue at hand that i need help with, saw this after logging into the emedical online using my HAP ID;

603 Chest clinic investigation on current state of tuberculosis status Required

I'll appreciate clarification as i've not been contacted at all and dont know maybe i should contact the hospital or CO or fold arms and wait for the next instructions.

Health Case Status
This health case has not yet been submitted to DIBP. The status of the individual examinations is listed below.
Examinations required for this visa application Exam Status Clinic
501 Medical Examination Incomplete DR A A FATAYI- WILLIAMS
CLINIC
Examinations required for this visa application Exam Status Clinic
502 Chest X-ray Examination Completed ST NICHOLAS HOSPITAL
603 Chest clinic investigation on current state of tuberculosis Required

You may be directed to go for additional medical. This may take more than 8weeks to be cleared. U may write ur CO for your update. Cheers.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2014
I just called the clinic now they said I should come for the 8weeks sputum test, meanwhile they've not submitted the my medical examinations, should I tell them I will wait for co to tell me or I should just go ahead and start on Monday. A friend who traveled 3yrs said he had same issue co sent email a form to fill that he will undergo d test in Aussie and he did when he got to Aussie no tb. So my concern is should I wait for them to submit and contact my co or I should safe time and go dp it on Monday? This is really bad school resumes 9th of feb
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
alukojosh:
I just called the clinic now they said I should come for the 8weeks sputum test, meanwhile they've not submitted the my medical examinations, should I tell them I will wait for co to tell me or I should just go ahead and start on Monday. A friend who traveled 3yrs said he had same issue co sent email a form to fill that he will undergo d test in Aussie and he did when he got to Aussie no tb. So my concern is should I wait for them to submit and contact my co or I should safe time and go dp it on Monday? This is really bad school resumes 9th of feb
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
alukojosh:

I had similar query but my cultures came negative.

If TB was queried in the case of ur friend, it would mean he was given health undertaken form to sign and this always come after the 8weeks culture with the current reg. They can't waive the 8weeks unless u are given option of CT scan which may not absolutely be diagnostic. In fact if detected to be positive after 8 weeks, you may be asked to do the 6months treatment before the 2nd culture procedure.
Just relax.I will advise u go and start on Monday to safe time. Don't wait for CO. In Abuja, such test is free. So u have got nothing to loose. U may be lucky to meet up with ur resumption date.
Have u been treated of TB before or been exposed to TB patient before?
preliminary tests for 3days may be done to determine your level of exposure to TB after which 8 weeks culture will be done.

Don't worry. Whether active or inactive TB, visa is hardly refused on this ground alone but time is usually consumed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
UBKtech:

You can start with www.ieltsbuddy.com, there are tonnes of practice materials on the net, use Google.
Also, Bossmolady has a ielts diet that will make you score 9/9 grin

@Bossmolady, congratulations! When is the naming tongue

@Bossmolady, please can you help me with your ' ielts diet'? I am writing this December, I need it seriously. Hope your baby is doing fine? Double Congrats once again.
My e-mail is piusfords@gmail.com.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
aduktus:

I had similar query but my cultures came negative.

If TB was queried in the case of ur friend, it would mean he was given health undertaken form to sign and this always come after the 8weeks culture with the current reg. They can't waive the 8weeks unless u are given option of CT scan which may not absolutely be diagnostic. In fact if detected to be positive after 8 weeks, you may be asked to do the 6months treatment before the 2nd culture procedure.
Just relax.I will advise u go and start on Monday to safe time. Don't wait for CO. In Abuja, such test is free. So u have got nothing to loose. U may be lucky to meet up with ur resumption date.
Have u been treated of TB before or been exposed to TB patient before?
preliminary tests for 3days may be done to determine your level of exposure to TB after which 8 weeks culture will be done.

Don't worry. Whether active or inactive TB, visa is hardly refused on this ground alone but time is usually consumed.

I've never been treated of TB before and the hospital said I should come with 40K that's huge, kind of made me believe its intentional. Mailed CO for advise but no response yet. Will surely start on Monday. Thanks aduktus. Wanted to celebrate Xmas with visa b4 ptchew
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=alukojosh post=28225976]

I've never been treated of TB before and the hospital said I should come with 40K that's huge, kind of made me believe its intentional. Mailed CO for advise but no response yet. Will surely start on Monday. Thanks aduktus. Wanted to celebrate Xmas with visa b4 ptchew[/quote)

Collecting such a huge sum is abit much but guess you have got no choice. Go for the test bro and hope for the very best. Cheers.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=aduktus post=28232370][/quote]

Ok o.. first thing monday morning, mailed CO self no response. Guess its because it has not been submitted at all. Thanks boss
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 4:31am On Nov 22, 2014
There seems not to be a TAFE offering Adv.Diploma in Occupational health and safety except private VETs who arent included to offer SVP.
Does anyone know any institution offering WHS/OSH Dip-Adv.Diploma?
Ive made many numerous searches on cricos
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello All,
God bless you for the good works.
I am planning to apply for my assessment with Vetassess for project/program administrator.
I have a BSC In comp science from Nigeria and masters in Knowledge management from abroad.
Can i apply for the assessment with my masters degree alone? as i have the required experience.
Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kingsbeko(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hey! Guyz is advanced diploma courses now under SVP?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jayden29(f): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hello house,
this is my first time on this forum and i want to take time out to appreciate all contributors. I do hope i can come back here to share a testimony soon.

Matter at hand--- I am a Nurse, trained for 3 years at a school of Nursing and have the Nigerian Nursing Council Registered Nurse certificate. I am currently looking to apply with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery board, but i just want to clarify if i will be seeking registration as enrolled nurse or registered nurse.
I have had about 6 years active working experience most of this with 'Doctors without Borders' in clinical based settings, does this count?

Also i want to take IELTS on the 7th of January but my passport is still in my maiden name and i do not know whether it will be ready if i apply for a change of name before that time. Will the Australian board accept an IELTS result in my maiden name while my application is in my married name?

Finally, about visa, do i need to get one before getting started on the application?
Sorry i have so many questions, but any help or info will be helpful.
A zillion thanks smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
3 years nursing? are you a registered nurse in Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
piusford:

@Bossmolady, please can you help me with your ' ielts diet'? I am writing this December, I need it seriously. Hope your baby is doing fine? Double Congrats once again.

Hello Chief, any luck with the IELTS study pack? Please, if you lay your hands on it could you forward to me Chidiag@gmail.com Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
piusford:

Thanks. She is doing good...We thank God. The email add it was sent to is attached to a phone that is bad...would have opened it on desktop, but I don't remember the password.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jayden29(f): 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:
3 years nursing? are you a registered nurse in Nigeria?

Yes, i am a registered nurse in Nigeria.
Got liscensed by the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council in 2008.
Thanks Jenny
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Jayden29:

Yes, i am a registered nurse in Nigeria.
Got liscensed by the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council in 2008.
Thanks Jenny

Then applied for registered nurse cos that's a bachelors in Nursing. Enrolled nurse is a diploma in Nursing(18 months course). Registered nurse here studies for 3 years mostly in uni and only a few 3.5 years.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jayden29(f): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

Then applied for registered nurse cos that's a bachelors in Nursing. Enrolled nurse is a diploma in Nursing(18 months course). Registered nurse here studies for 3 years mostly in uni and only a few 3.5 years.

Ok. What got me confused is the fact that i did not study nursing at a university, and Nurse Gradutes from General schools of Nursing in Nigeria are considered as diploma holders.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Jayden29:

Ok. What got me confused is the fact that i did not study nursing at a university, and Nurse Gradutes from General schools of Nursing in Nigeria are considered as diploma holders.

then you will do a conversion course. Ahpra will tell you what to do and give you a list of all the universities offering conversion courses. You have two options;
1. do conversion course from diploma to bachelor's usually one year
2. do a bridging program that acknowledges your certificate from back home..usually 3-6 months.

Your best option is no1 and many people know this....it's the less quicker option but you end up with a bachelors certificate from Australia that you can work with anywhere in the world and be paid accordingly as a registered nurse. Most africans who chose option 2 have ended up still going for option 1 because it gives them unlimited access to jobs

Option 2 will only acknowledge your diploma but most facilities would rather see a bachelor's certificate than a diploma....so when they advertise for a job, they are looking for a bachelor degree holder...you will get a job with your diploma don't get me wrong but people prefer to convert from diploma to Australian bachelors when they get here. In perth one university does the conversion program..I think it's Murdoch University but like I said AHPRA will tell you what to do.

Most African Registered nurses here have diploma as certificates...but what they do is do a conversion course and Australia then recognises their diploma and converts it to a bachelors. All the African RN's that migrated from Africa are all registered nurses back at home but carry a diploma certificate...same as many indians and phillipinos.

Enrolled nurses study for 1.6 months and RNs study for 3 years minimum and 3.5 max. so if you studied for 3 years....they would recognise you as an RN...don't go lower...EN's are less paid than RN's.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jayden29(f): 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

then you will do a conversion course. Ahpra will tell you what to do and give you a list of all the universities offering conversion courses. You have two options;
1. do conversion course from diploma to bachelor's usually one year
2. do a bridging program that acknowledges your certificate from back home..usually 3-6 months.
Your best option is no1 and many people know this....it's the less quicker option but you end up with a bachelors certificate from Australia that you can work with anywhere in the world and be paid accordingly as a registered nurse. Most africans who chose option 2 have ended up still going for option 1 because it gives them unlimited access to jobs
Option 2 will only acknowledge your diploma but most facilities would rather see a bachelor's certificate than a diploma....so when they advertise for a job, they are looking for a bachelor degree holder...you will get a job with your diploma don't get me wrong but people prefer to convert from diploma to Australian bachelors when they get here. In perth one university does the conversion program..I think it's Murdoch University but like I said AHPRA will tell you what to do.
Most African Registered nurses here have diploma as certificates...but what they do is do a conversion course and Australia then recognises their diploma and converts it to a bachelors. All the African RN's that migrated from Africa are all registered nurses back at home but carry a diploma certificate...same as many indians and phillipinos.
Enrolled nurses study for 1.6 months and RNs study for 3 years minimum and 3.5 max. so if you studied for 3 years....they would recognise you as an RN...don't go lower...EN's are less paid than RN's.

This has been really helpful, thanks.
Will go on with the application and choose the conversion route.
Pls do you have any idea of costs?
Would it be more pocket friendly to take the bridging route and seek conversion when in Australia or would it just cost the same in the long run?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
Jayden29:

This has been really helpful, thanks.
Will go on with the application and choose the conversion route.
Pls do you have any idea of costs?
Would it be more pocket friendly to take the bridging route and seek conversion when in Australia or would it just cost the same in the long run?

It's your call. I don't know about cost. AHPRA like I said will give you all the details you need. I only know what I have posted cos I have friends who are nurses from Africa and all this info is also on AHPRA website
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hello Al

Please someone kindly help answer the question below.

I am planning to apply for my assessment with Vetassess for project/program administrator.I have a BSC In comp science from Nigeria and masters in Knowledge management from abroad.Can i apply for the assessment with my masters degree alone? as i have the required experience.Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
enilim:
Hello Al

Please someone kindly help answer the question below.

I am planning to apply for my assessment with Vetassess for project/program administrator.I have a BSC In comp science from Nigeria and masters in Knowledge management from abroad.Can i apply for the assessment with my masters degree alone? as i have the required experience.Thank you.

Your MSC is only a year study, it is not enough for a positive assessment. How many years of experience do you have in project/program administration?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
bellong:

Your MSC is only a year study, it is not enough for a positive assessment. How many years of experience do you have in project/program administration?

Thank you. I have 3 years experience. My bsc is in computer science, and msc knowledgement but work experience in project admin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
enilim:

Thank you. I have 3 years experience. My bsc is in computer science, and msc knowledgement but work experience in project admin

The 3 years experience is not enough to substitute for the degree. Is there no course in ICT that can fit into your work experience?

You can read VETASSES' website for detailed information. If you have the resources, you can opt for pre-assessment advice (advisory note or so) from them for a fee.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
bellong:

The 3 years experience is not enough to substitute for the degree. Is there no course in ICT that can fit into your work experience?

You can read VETASSES' website for detailed information. If you have the resources, you can opt for pre-assessment advice (advisory note or so) from them for a fee.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your response.
I do noy have any work experience in Ict. I also can't afford pre asssesment advice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
enilim:

I do noy have any work experience in Ict. I also can't afford pre asssesment advice.

I am afraid the 3 yrs experience alone may not be enough to be assessed positive for a qualification for the job role.

However, you can try your luck by sending a mail to VETASSES for clarity. They may respond positively while you evade the fee.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
enilim:

I wonder if you can get your degree assessed by ACS since you have a first degree in Computer Science, if it is assessed positively as Skill level 1, then that should give you 15 points.

If age is on your side plus a good score in IELTS, you should be able to hit the 60 points required for the 189.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
bellong:

I am afraid the 3 yrs experience alone may not be enough to be assessed positive for a qualification for the job role.

However, you can try your luck by sending a mail to VETASSES for clarity. They may respond positively while you evade the fee.

Thank you! I will try that, I apprecite your help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
Jayden29:
Hello house,
this is my first time on this forum and i want to take time out to appreciate all contributors. I do hope i can come back here to share a testimony soon.

Matter at hand--- I am a Nurse, trained for 3 years at a school of Nursing and have the Nigerian Nursing Council Registered Nurse certificate. I am currently looking to apply with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery board, but i just want to clarify if i will be seeking registration as enrolled nurse or registered nurse.
I have had about 6 years active working experience most of this with 'Doctors without Borders' in clinical based settings, does this count?

Also i want to take IELTS on the 7th of January but my passport is still in my maiden name and i do not know whether it will be ready if i apply for a change of name before that time. Will the Australian board accept an IELTS result in my maiden name while my application is in my married name?

Finally, about visa, do i need to get one before getting started on the application?
Sorry i have so many questions, but any help or info will be helpful.
A zillion thanks smiley

Concerning ur change of name, I'll advice if u av registered 4 IELTS carry on with the exam wit ur maiden name, because u need ur passport. After getn ur result, u can den apply for change of name in Abuja which takes 6 months to process. And then do an Affidavit of change of name at the high court. That will cover ur docs in ur maiden name.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
spiggy:

I wonder if you can get your degree assessed by ACS since you have a first degree in Computer Science, if it is assessed positively as Skill level 1, then that should give you 15 points.

If age is on your side plus a good score in IELTS, you should be able to hit the 60 points required for the 189.

Thank you, I will explore this option.
I appreciate yourvresponse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.