Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763296 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
@cconcept and @Monjay, abeg help me with this question o.
Did you guys do research-based Masters or course-based? I am thinking of towing your steps now.
Besides, was it in Nigeria that you did your postgrad or outside?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Monjay(m): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
RedReact: @cconcept and @Monjay, abeg help me with this question o.
Did you guys do research-based Masters or course-based? I am thinking of towing your steps now.
Besides, was it in Nigeria that you did your postgrad or outside?

My Masters degree is abroad course-based. However, I've seen some people with Nigeria masters degree that gained PhD admission.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Zioni, pls let me the amount u paid before ur CoE was issued and the actual tuition in Flinders.Health insurance and housing things and situation?
the amount you will pay will be included in your offer of letter which includes the Overseas student health cover for the duration of your student visa... And the tuition fee depends on the course you are admitted for. I stayed in a backpacker for a week when I first arrived before I secured a shared accomodation close to the uni. Rent ranges from $100-$250 a week... So it depends on your choice... Ou shuld be able to aaccess how much your tution fee is for the course you applying for on flinders.edu.au
Shalom
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
Monjay:

My Masters degree is abroad course-based. However, I've seen some people with Nigeria masters degree that gained PhD admission.

Yeah only if u only u are from a good practical background.So that u don't go and mess up.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
zioni:
the amount you will pay will be included in your offer of letter which includes the Overseas student health cover for the duration of your student visa... And the tuition fee depends on the course you are admitted for. I stayed in a backpacker for a week when I first arrived before I secured a shared accomodation close to the uni. Rent ranges from $100-$250 a week... So it depends on your choice... Ou shuld be able to aaccess how much your tution fee is for the course you applying for on flinders.edu.au
Shalom

Okay.Thanks!Which Major are u in? Am up against Msc,IT.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
zioni,pls answer Ferdimako,he asked you how much where you paid before CoE was issued to you,how much is your tuition,i believed that he have seen it on the site but he want to get some points from you,pls answer him

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
surecan: zioni,pls answer Ferdimako,he asked you how much where you paid before CoE was issued to you,how much is your tuition,i believed that he have seen it on the site but he want to get some points from you,pls answer him

I did not stress on those again, may be he doesn't feel comfortable with letting them out. Pls Zioni, if that is the case, my e-mail addy is on my profile. Abeg! From ur case I can prepare myself and my sponsors on what to actually expect.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by firstguy01: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
derbypiero: wots d procedure to apply
Visit their website and do the necessary things.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Monjay:

Okay. I wanted to ascertain that. I was just thinking lately if a course-based Masters can be used for admission into a doctoral program, though I knew it should but just got skeptical a little.
I am going for a course-based Masters and will be applying to Australia for a doctoral program.
Thanks so much brother.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 28, 2013
@americanvisa

That is why she has to declare the financial proof of both herself and her husband/ family when applying. As long as she meets the whole financial bruhaha, you can join her at anytime.

SHe cannot just declare her own finance like she is goin alone, neither can you declare yours if you are planning on joining her later, separately. As long as she meets financial requirement for herself and family member, you do not need to show any proof when you are going cos you both( and every other person she has included in her visa application) will get your visas at the same time, it is left for you to travel at a later date if you want

YOU ARE NOT APPLYING, she is the one applying and including you in the application. If she gets a visa, you get yours together with her and if they deny her, you don't get it. You are a dependent, she is the primary applicant. Like I said she has to show proof of financial source for you both as long as you are included in the visa application. Whether you decide to join her or not, is your own decision to make
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 3:27am On Mar 28, 2013
No shortcut to Ausstralia @americanvisa,hope with jenny advice things never fall apart
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 28, 2013
Indeed, no short cut
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:39am On Mar 28, 2013
@jenn,am happy you are there for us.From what i read,it states that either you include your family member at the time of your application or you nominate them to come when you start your course,and there is 2 forms for that known as nomination and student application form.This forms will be filed by the student and send to the family member who she is nominating to join her and there are some condition attached."Sending documents with your application

If you are applying for your dependants to join you in Australia after you have started your course, you will need to provide the following:

Form 919 Nomination of student dependants
Form 157A Application for a student visa
an original letter from the education provider stating:
the course you are studying
the duration of the course and your expected completion date
if you are satisfying course requirements
evidence that you have enough money to support your dependants in Australia
evidence of your relationship with your dependants in the form of officially issued birth and marriage certificates
evidence of school enrolment for your school-aged dependants
evidence of health insurance for each dependant" this conditions applied if you did not include them during student visa application but you must declare them as family member during the application.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:44am On Mar 28, 2013
"How to nominate
Complete this form and send it, along with the documents you
are required to provide, to your dependant(s) overseas.
Your dependant(s) should complete form 157A Application for
a student visa and lodge it, together with this form 919
Nomination of student dependants and the documents you
have provided, at an Australian mission overseas.
What documents do you need to provide?
• Certified or notarised copies of all pages of your passport,
including the page showing your current Student
(Temporary) visa and your personal details;
• an original letter from your education provider stating:
– the course you are studying
– the duration of that course and anticipated completion
date
– whether you are satisfying course requirements;
• evidence of, and/or declaration of access to, funds to support
your nominated dependants:
– original bank statements
– an original letter from your financial institution confirming
the status of your account;
For details of evidence of funds required refer to the relevant
visa application document checklist which is available from
the department’s website
www.immi.gov.au/students/checklists
• evidence of your relationship with your nominated
dependants (for example, original marriage or birth
certificates);
• evidence that adequate arrangements have been made for
the education in Australia of all your school aged dependants
(children who are unmarried and who have turned 5 years
of age, but have not yet turned 18 years of age), where the
proposed period of stay is more than 3 months"

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/919.pdf

I hope you understand where am going,thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2013
my question remain in this financial requirement,she was asked to present her account statement to show that she have the money to nominate me,so am asking what of if i present my own statement of account instead of her own,will still be allowed
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:57am On Mar 28, 2013
Financial requirements

You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia. You must also have enough money to support your partner and dependent children, even if they do not travel with you to Australia.
Note: Specific financial requirements apply to fully funded students.
See: Financial requirements

If an employer or Corporation is sponsoring you, they must conduct commercial activities outside the country in which it is based. They must also employ you in a role in relation to which your principal course is of direct relevance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2013
@jenny,i hope am not lazy,this case of financial obligation have make me to read far and wide to the best of my ability so that i will be able to come up with issues,am waiting for your conclusion
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2013
But we have said it lots of times here that anybody can be a sponsor.....If you are sponsoring Her then use your acct details
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2013
jenny,am sorry for stressing you,please help me and clear the air,am the husband and i dont have any child yet,so i suppose to apply with her but because of the amount involved for both of us,that is why i decided to stay back then i can join later,now they are demanding her account statement before she can nominate me to join,what if i present my own then instead of her own?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 28, 2013
Has she applied for the visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:00am On Mar 28, 2013
no,just trying to get it right before we proceed
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 28, 2013
No i am not offended, i am mobile and cant type long. So whose bank statements did she plan to use originally? To be quite honest, you have confused me here cos I don't understand (. Please I am not trying to be rude, your posts are not clear to me) I think you need to direct these questions anonymously to the Australian high commission.

Like I said earlier, anybody could be a sponsor e.g the visa applicants can sponsor themselves, extended family members can, immediate family members can, friends can.......and I have this feeling that this second paragraph of mine, have answered your question if you read between the lines.

When is she planning on commencing studies,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2013
ok,i understand,all my case based on finance,i am the husband and the sponsor and the money that i have will be ok for the tafe course that she is going but i have only extra one left to show to the embassy but i have good job which i am going to present,because of the financial constraint,i decided to stay back so that she can go then i will join her later but the bone of contention now is how do come in,from this point i will like you to see the above post of mine,i hope you can understand it.July entry

I just want to do it right because every thing about Australia is expensive including the visa visa and medicals,if financial requirement will be a big problem,is better i defer it to February because i wish to go with her this same time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2013
Okayyyyyy. I think I get you now, you want your wife to go by herself and you want to join her later? At the same time you only want to pay for herself alone and then sort yourself out when you are ready to join her?

Even if she applies in April, will there be enough time to arrive for orientation. Students are migrating to Australia and because of this, a lot of people have experienced over 3 months delay in visa processing
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:03am On Mar 28, 2013
exactly,you are on point,i'm thinking differing it now because of time,i contacted the school to know of any extension and they gave me only a week after orientation,and am not sure w can make it and i dont want to be on rush 2 but that 3030 dollars non refundable DIAC application fee no be moi moi
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 11:12am On Mar 28, 2013
Americanvisa: exactly,you are on point,i'm thinking differing it now because of time,i contacted the school to know of any extension and they gave me only a week after orientation,and am not sure w can make it and i dont want to be on rush 2 but that 3030 dollars non refundable DIAC application fee no be moi moi
is DIAC application fee now 3030 dollars
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2013
nasilas:
is DIAC application fee now 3030 dollars

for Skilled select
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 11:19am On Mar 28, 2013
Americanvisa:

for Skilled select
Oh ok... was actually scared cos I have been saving up to pay tuition deposit...won't want to hear any sound of increment in DIAC fees..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2013
No wonder I was confused. I don't know much about skillselect. Also, isn't skilled select for workers and not students?

Your wife is going there for studies....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:35am On Mar 28, 2013
jennykadry: No wonder I was confused. I don't know much about skillselect. Also, isn't skilled select for workers and not students?

Your wife is going there for studies....

jenny i have changed topic,my wife was going for tafe noot skill select but am trying to get more information on it so that as we continue to wait for february entry we can try silled select but that non refundable 3030 dollrs it get as it be.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 11:39am On Mar 28, 2013
please do have an idea of the current fee for medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.