Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (761759 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deledudu: 4:49am On May 16, 2015
@ome240 please i av a questioin for the house. I also applied for my visa on the 22 of april and am yet to hear anything from them. Its a student visa for me and my wife and we had 3.7 in our acc,and it was pfl that we use.pls can anybody advice me pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 4:59am On May 16, 2015
deledudu:
@ome240 please i av a questioin for the house. I also applied for my visa on the 22 of april and am yet to hear anything from them. Its a student visa for me and my wife and we had 3.7 in our acc,and it was pfl that we use.pls can anybody advice me pls
Is it Svp?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ome240: 7:02am On May 16, 2015
deledudu:

Deledudu: Is it SVP? If yes, I will advice you call them on phone telling them you want to know the status of your visa application. Have your passport number handy. They will check and most probably tell you that your case officer will contact you.
Secondly, delays may arise if they decide to verify certain documents submitted.
Be positive and prayerful, am sure you'll get a positive response next week. I know that feeling bro. Be rest assured that it will come thru.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deledudu: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
@ome240 its a student visa and am going to university of newcastle if granted .for masters in applied finance and my class is starting by 1st of june. Do u still think i need to call the? And i dont even have the number to call.pls advice me on what to do.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2015
lighthouse4real:
No, we didn't do any newspaper CHANGING OF NAME ADVERTS. OR CAN I APPLY ALONE,AND LETTER SEND HER AN INVITATION.pls advice
I think it will be better to have a change of name done in the newspaper in the next one week and apply together with her. It will go a long way to help you in respect of your finances (unlimited number of working hours for her) and keeping of your marriage. The visa may also be delayed when you apply later solely for her (5-6 months I presume: Not sure).
Thanks bro, you mean if apply later for her,there may be a delay up to 5-6 months. I will do as you said
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ome240: 9:31am On May 16, 2015
deledudu:
@ome240 its a student visa and am going to university of newcastle if granted .for masters in applied finance and my class is starting by 1st of june. Do u still think i need to call the? And i dont even have the number to call.pls advice me on what to do.

Wow, that's quite close oooo. Nothing is impossible Bro. Your visa could be out next week... Patience bro. But in my opinion, you may give them a call. Your case officer wont be the one to pick the call but definitely you'll get a courteous response from them. The number I've got is +27124236201 (Immigration Pretoria).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 11:11am On May 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

45 days....

45 days. Hmmmmmmmm correct. seems Like onshore apps have a faster turn around time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 16, 2015
thanks dexterinc2003 for your response
i'll try and look for such programs against next year
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 16, 2015
malkinburg:

45 days. Hmmmmmmmm correct. seems Like onshore apps have a faster turn around time.

Not really. That is the average time it takes for a direct grant.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 2:02pm On May 16, 2015
omooba2015:

No, we didn't do any newspaper changing of name adverts. or can i apply alone,and letter send her an invitation.pls advice
I will advice u go do a newspaper advert of change of status. On it her new name and her "nee"(maiden) name will be stated. Then apply with her since there are no kids yet. Just have enuf funds in ur acct. I have heard a case in Canada where they had to provide wedding pictures too. But i dont think Aussie will do that. If its PR applying wit ur wife may even boost ur points if she has work experience and all.
Long story short do change on name in newspapers so even if u decide to invite her over next time u can attach the newspaper clippings. For a new passport sef, Nig immigrations will need that newspaper clipping/marriage certificate to do new name on passport.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 2:50pm On May 16, 2015
Congrats to all the brothers and sisters dat got their grants grin. Just submitted my app yesterday and I did upfront medicals I hope to give my testimony soonest. Godwin#

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 4:02pm On May 16, 2015
Bossladymo izkyvision. Just checked my vetassess application now. status has changed from in progress [/b]to [b]Completed

What do I expect?

Assessment type: (2014) Qualifications and Employment

Visa type: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 5:08pm On May 16, 2015
Jetspeed:
Bossladymo izkyvision. Just checked my vetassess application now. status has changed from in progress [/b]to [b]Completed

What do I expect?

Assessment type: (2014) Qualifications and Employment

Visa type: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options

Wait for 48hrs to get the result on ur profile acct. Dont get ur visa type? That is for pple who have lived, studied or worked in a region in Aussy. So y did u pick that?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ome240: 7:47pm On May 16, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Congrats to all the brothers and sisters dat got their grants grin. Just submitted my app yesterday and I did upfront medicals I hope to give my testimony soonest. Godwin#

Sure you will.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 8:15pm On May 16, 2015
ome240:

Sure you will.
Thanks bro. Congrats.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 8:46pm On May 16, 2015
Congrats to all the newly granted student visas...Lighthouse4real,Omo240,Prince. Many more grants 2 come. Congrats BossladyMo on your visa elevation!! Thanks be 2 God.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 8:57pm On May 16, 2015
izykvision0:

Wait for 48hrs to get the result on ur profile acct. Dont get ur visa type? That is for pple who have lived, studied or worked in a region in Aussy. So y did u pick that?
Its 489 visa I wanted to apply for. Is it possible for me to modify the visa type
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 16, 2015
Jetspeed:

Its 489 visa I wanted to apply for. Is it possible for me to modify the visa type
If u assess for 489 u can't go for 189...because of different requirements. Stick to ur plan if this is for offshore applicants oh...if not, do the needful. Reassess if u have d requirements.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:45pm On May 16, 2015
bellong:

I do not understand how it is done in Australia but in the USA, the government expects that each household must be earning a certain base salary to be fully taxed. Coming short of the base annual salary, you get refunded for the difference at the end of the year and the refunding process doesn't exceed two weeks from when you file your tax return. If you file online, you get it within 5 days.

I want to believe the Australian system is the same. However, the higher you earn, the higher the tax. And you can legally evade tax by donating to charity and charity organisations, your donations will be credited to your tax. It is one of the reasons why there are so many philanthropists in the USA. Not all of them are doing it for humanity but to get tax relieve from government.
I can't help but laugh gringringrin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 16, 2015
izykvision0:

That's what I was about saying. It should be General Skilled Migration...Jetspeed
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 11:41pm On May 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

That's what I was about saying. It should be General Skilled Migration...Jetspeed

Thanks, but what would you advice I do in such situation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 12:57am On May 17, 2015
missakomaye:
Don't let any agent deceive you o. Why are u even using agent?
I have two Bsc and I am going to do a certificate III then diploma afterwards and I have gotten admission and am waiting for my visa sef.

Hi. Are you self sponsored?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 1:01am On May 17, 2015
shapoh:
Really? I dont believe it. this is great oooo. ahhh ignorance is a disease oooo, and dis agent wan collect 200k, 50k has been paid. anyway i use the 50k for charity, i wont let dat pain me. lemme go to TAFE back.

Lol. Funny people here.
Agents are always like that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 5:36am On May 17, 2015
Congrats 2 bossladymo,sry its coming late,no fuel to charge phone.lol.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:04am On May 17, 2015
dexterinc2003:
Congrats 2 bossladymo,sry its coming late,no fuel to charge phone.lol.
True talk....same matter here..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:51am On May 17, 2015
Beautiful news coming around. Congrats y'all, and may God favour you all like bossladymo.
Its been four weeks (from tomorrow will be fifth) I applied to four different schools in Australia. Till now, no offer, no news from my agent. I want to know from the experienced ones, do you think I can still make it for July intake, assuming offer eventually comes in this week, considering the time from when I will pay my tuition, get COE, apply for visa etc, and expect a grant? I'm asking because I want to know if its time to finally zero my mind and start working for feb intake. Thanks guys.

P.S. I used agent because most schools now make the agent thing mandatory, and also I don't have much SOA to show, am self sponsored.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 10:55am On May 17, 2015
BKings:
Beautiful news coming around. Congrats y'all, and may God favour you all like bossladymo.
Its been four weeks (from tomorrow will be fifth) I applied to four different schools in Australia. Till now, no offer, no news from my agent. I want to know from the experienced ones, do you think I can still make it for July intake, assuming offer eventually comes in this week, considering the time from when I will pay my tuition, get COE, apply for visa etc, and expect a grant? I'm asking because I want to know if its time to finally zero my mind and start working for feb intake. Thanks guys.

P.S. I used agent because most schools now make the agent thing mandatory, and also I don't have much SOA to show, am self sponsored.

if you are doing your medicals upfront before submitting the visa yes. and also if your program happens to fall under svp yes again. but also depends on when your admission finally clicks. what agent did you use?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 11:37am On May 17, 2015
BKings:

Theoretically,it is possible.
Practically,i doubt how possible.
I will advise you to continue,and if it eventually does not work out,then you defer your admission till february .
but if it does workout,you get to save yourself d torment of waiting for another 6 months.
but either ways,i know you will be fine.cheers

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2015
missakomaye:

I will advice u go do a newspaper advert of change of status. On it her new name and her "nee"(maiden) name will be stated. Then apply with her since there are no kids yet. Just have enuf funds in ur acct. I have heard a case in Canada where they had to provide wedding pictures too. But i dont think Aussie will do that. If its PR applying wit ur wife may even boost ur points if she has work experience and all.
Long story short do change on name in newspapers so even if u decide to invite her over next time u can attach the newspaper clippings. For a new passport sef, Nig immigrations will need that newspaper clipping/marriage certificate to do new name on passport.
Thanks bros, you are right, I have married pictures, but like how much must I need in my SOA, but na business my wife dey do for almost 4yrs now. How can I tackle that for her. Hope to read from you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 2:18pm On May 17, 2015
bossladyMo:

Well, it's actually a provisional visa...but they mostly categorise it under temp...it's the grey area between perm and temp. The annoying thing about the visa is that you can't get any financial institution job with it...neither can you get a permanent govt job.
ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ninibabe: 4:37pm On May 17, 2015
bossladyMo:

Congrats BossladyMo you are a strong Lady!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 7:18pm On May 17, 2015
bossladyMo:

Thanks but what would you suggest I do now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.