Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,374 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763975 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44am On May 29, 2013
RedReact:
Last time I checked, only universities did SVP.

So CoE is not officially meant to signify and trigger off SVP for all the schools?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 11:14am On May 29, 2013
RedReact:
I concur, but that program has to be a direct to degree advanced diploma program (D2D) and nobody will want to go for that one except someone without a BSc degree and BSc in Australia for a foreigner isn't a small thing.

I got admitted already, just waiting to get started. I am heading to Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and since the school has wide link with most of these top-rated schools worldwide, I want to wait till I reach there before I start compiling my potential supervisors.
Nice one, i am glad. That's cool,you stand a good chance. I hope it isn't too expensive.....Goodluck to you bro. When are you to resume?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 11:16am On May 29, 2013
ferdimako:

So CoE is not officially meant to signify and trigger off SVP for all the schools?
No! SVP is just to get your visa processed for a short period of time instead of 3 months. This is done if your resumption is very close, and not up to 3 months required for visa processing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 29, 2013
kellyemms: plz did u apply online to all this schools and attached ur supporting documents online? also did u pay application fee to dem.

Yes. All the three Australia schools I applied to didn't require application fees. And I applied online and uploaded all documents online too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 2:20pm On May 29, 2013
Saying hello to the house. Still tough getting a potential supervisor. Ideas would be welcomed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 6:36pm On May 29, 2013
cconcept: Saying hello to the house. Still tough getting a potential supervisor. Ideas would be welcomed.
Long time brother.
Which schools are you looking at? The research capability of a school matters so much too. Have you checked ANU, UNSW, and Melbourne? Intensify on your search more.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 6:55pm On May 29, 2013
RedReact:
Long time brother.
Which schools are you looking at? The research capability of a school matters so much too. Have you checked ANU, UNSW, and Melbourne? Intensify on your search more.

I wouldn't know if it is my field that is making it difficult.My research field is ehealth.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 7:23pm On May 29, 2013
cconcept:

I wouldn't know if it is my field that is making it difficult.My research field is ehealth.
E-health as in telemedicine? Your area of interest might be really possible for it, most especially if it is a new interest of research. Check for the high-profiled institutions and search first. The mid-ranked schools may not have professors in this area.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:53pm On May 31, 2013
I wish to appeal to our brothers and sisters here to do share to the house the list of document submitted to the embassy for visa,sponsor's relationship,statement of account balance,cost of tuition fee,how much paid before COE was issued,duration of the course,program name etc,all this will be very vital and will assist future applicants.Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:57pm On May 31, 2013
I wist to go with my wife for TAFE diploma course but i am afraid to apply with her for the fact that i am a professional,going with her for TAFE course may look like we just want to use the means to move to Australia,@Jenny and others please advice me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:37pm On May 31, 2013
iamcapela: @wahabcoal,
I go to Chisholm in Dandenong. The Tafe is quite good, you can apply and they're flexible with international students with paying sch fees as soon as you get here.

did you submit your university transcript when you applied for visa or you just use ssce result only
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 5:42am On Jun 01, 2013
Goodmorning all,I appreciate wat u doing here.the info here has helped me a lot. Pls does anyone knw anytin abt UWS. I intend to apply for a nursing degree program there. Pls help on this one.I hv been to d website.just need additional or informal info. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 6:40am On Jun 01, 2013
omoteefat:
Goodmorning all,I appreciate wat u doing here.the info here has helped me a lot. Pls does anyone knw anytin abt UWS. I intend to apply for a nursing degree program there. Pls help on this one.I hv been to d website.just need additional or informal info. Thanks

what exactly do you want to know?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks@ nasilas,I will like to knw abt life in western sydney and also if there are better options for me. I mean more affordable schools offering nursing programs.pls kindly assist!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2013
omoteefat: Thanks@ nasilas,I will like to knw abt life in western sydney and also if there are better options for me. I mean more affordable schools offering nursing programs.pls kindly assist!
are you limiting your search for better nursing programs to only Western Sydney? Most degree programs across Australia is quiet expensive. I bet you won't find any University with first year tuition fee less than $20,000 for a nursing degree program. And they mostly accept students for semester one(February) intake only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2013
Americanvisa: I wist to go with my wife for TAFE diploma course but i am afraid to apply with her for the fact that i am a professional,going with her for TAFE course may look like we just want to use the means to move to Australia,@Jenny and others please advice me
People go for diploma course in another field that is related to their field to give them added knowledge of how that new field can affect their field of profession. I don't think there will be any red flag raised over your case; or better still, go for Advanced Diploma.
Do you intend to apply for the visa together with her? (I mean go together at the same start date).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2013
Yes,i want to apply with her at the same time but am afraid to apply with her.she only intend to do a year diploma for financial reasons then she can extend it inside Aussie,what do you think
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2013
Americanvisa: Yes,i want to apply with her at the same time but am afraid to apply with her.she only intend to do a year diploma for financial reasons then she can extend it inside Aussie,what do you think
which course is she applying for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
diploma in international business management
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2013
Americanvisa: diploma in international business management
Why not apply for Bachelor honors degree program..It's a one year program.. just like U.K top-up degree program.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2013
why do you think that is the best?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2013
Americanvisa: why do you think that is the best?
You guys chance of getting visa for a year diploma course is slim...as DIAC is getting strict on 572 student visa category.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
nasilas:
You guys chance of getting visa for a year diploma course is slim...as DIAC is getting strict on 572 student visa category.

Have you been following this thread before? do you know of any one been turned down by DIAC?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
@Jenny,please come and clear the backlogs
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Americanvisa:

Have you been following this thread before? do you know of any one been turned down by DIAC?

Yes I have been..and to answer your other question, most of the successful applicants on this thread were not going for an ordinary diploma program with a year duration.. A Graduate Diploma might also help in making your case more tenable..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
nasilas:

Yes I have been..and to answer your other question, most of the successful applicants on this thread were not going for an ordinary diploma program with a year duration.. A Graduate Diploma might also help in making your case more tenable..

I dont think that you have been following the thread,Australia is different from canada bro,the only thing that make me to be afraid is because i want to apply with my wife but if she is the only one going,visa is assured
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
nasilas:

One of our brothers, @Iamcapella, went for diploma at a TAFE college and he got his visa, so I don't think that will be a problem.
What I can chirp in is that @Americanvisa should apply for the program instead of the wife. But sir, didn't you raise an issue like this before and Jenny answer you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
@Redreact,it is not exact question that jenny answer before but it is related,thanks for your concern. Sure my own colleague went there for diploma in management course even though she is a medical professional,i knew for sure that my wife will get it by God's grace but am just afraid to apply with her even though we might meet the financial requirement for one year
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
^^^
I think Jenny is the only one thatcan provide an answer to this.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 02, 2013
@american visa

Who is applying for the visa? Your wife? What' are your(both of you) professions if you don't mind me asking? you can choose not to answer that. What course are you applying for?? After studies do you's intend going back to Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2013
medical Doctor,wife Education Economics with 4 year experience as marketing executive,just promoted to manager now but small coy.my wife is the primary applicant,international business management(1 year diploma) but we will like to extend it later inside aussie,we no the go back o,PR is out target
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2013
Americanvisa: medical Doctor,wife Education Economics with 4 year experience as marketing executive,just promoted to manager now but small coy.my wife is the primary applicant,international business management(1 year diploma) but we will like to extend it later inside aussie,we no the go back o,PR is out target

You are a medical doctor? You do not sound like one. If you're, go through PR.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.