Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,010 members, 7,859,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (762864 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
jennykadry: To know a regional area, please check the population. For me I would say a population of up to 40-50k. It could be more i guess but that's my personal opinion

Also, check the schools post code against the link I posted re regional area, the codes are there to help.

Thanks ma, Pls wht abt d sponsor thru rotary I asked? Is it proper to PR path?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
posdream:

Please what do u feel about queensland ma, is it a regional area? I read on the DIAC website that brisbane and gold coast excl. What about Tasmania? I have applied to schools in qld and Tasmania polythenic. I am just asking so as not to make the wrong choice in respect to the famous PR ma. Also can my uncle's club sponsor me? (rotary club of ibadan). Please advise accordingly ma.

Iam also for Tasmania Polytechnic. Diploma in Nursing precisely. How did you apply, Online or via the PDF form. I have tried applying on line to no avail, the enrolment form on their website is not the current one. Anyway iam also in ibadan. iam planning my ielts for September. 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
A12345:

Iam also for Tasmania Polytechnic. Diploma in Nursing precisely. How did you apply, Online or via the PDF form. I have tried applying on line to no avail, the enrolment form on their website is not the current one. Anyway iam also in ibadan. iam planning my ielts for September. 2013

Good to know, where in ibadan are you residing? i actually filled the online enquiry form and i was replied with the application form. below was their first reply. it wasnt more than an hour. my IELTS is for aug 29th in lagos.

Tasmania polythenic email here:

Dear Jxxxxxd,

Thank you for your enquiry to study at the Tasmanian Polytechnic.

I have attached a copy of the 2013 VET Course Guide for international students. You can use this booklet to find out about the courses on offer and what you will need to do to in order to apply.

Please note that the direct entry score for most of the certificates at the Tasmanian Polytechnic is an IELTS result of 5.5 overall with no band less than 5.0. We can offer you English before your mainstream course if you need help to gain this score.

We still have spaces in all of our courses for 2014. I have attached a copy of the application form, if you would like to apply please complete it and return it to us with the required documents.

I will then be able to give you an offer that is conditional on you gaining an IELTS result of 5.5 overall.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Alex
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2013
posdream:

Is it sponsorship through rotary club or someone?
If the former, then when you are applying for the visa, you would av to get a letter of sponsorship from them stating why they want to sponsor you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Olly256(f): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
RedReact:
Is it sponsorship through rotary club or someone?
If the former, then when you are applying for the visa, you would av to get a letter of sponsorship from them stating why they want to sponsor you.

thanks but will that affect my PR, someone told me if i am sponsored by the govt or humanitarian clubs like rotay or the lions club, i wont be able to stay after my studies. i mean in regards to the PR issue. how true is this?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Olly256:

thanks but will that affect my PR, someone told me if i am sponsored by the govt or humanitarian clubs like rotay or the lions club, i wont be able to stay after my studies. i mean in regards to the PR issue. how true is this?

just to let you know..posdream is olly256, please answer accordingly
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Top of the day to all Nairalanders.

First, my apologies for the seemingly long silence since I announced my arrival here in Oz with my family, about 3 months ago as a PR. My utmost apology goes to Ferdimako who I couldn't help with advising wrt GSM PR route. I must confess I was overwhelmed with the challenges of settling in.

@Ferdimako: I'd see you're taking the studying route now. Good. I'm surprised at your IELTS scores knowing your capabilities. Nonetheless, I'm glad you quickly shrugged that disappointment off by opting for TOEFL. That attitude will take you to places bro. Let me know how I may still be of help.

@Intending Migrants/Students:

My two cents please:

1. Whatever you have to do in realising your dreams to migrate here, please do it quick. Immigration laws/policies are changing fast worldwide. Hitherto migration hotspot destinations like the UK and Canada have shut their borders. And countries like Australia are following suite. It's either going to be cut-throat expensive or almost impossible to migrate pretty soon. July 1st is here again. Hence, no more pussy-footing, procrastination or waiting for the perfect conditions. There ain't such thing like that. Tick says the clock, tick tick. What you have to do, do quick.

2. Information is vital to your plans as you depart from your destinations and more importantly as you arrive here. I can't overemphasise that. Know what you are getting into. Don't migrate on half-baked plans "faithing and claiming" all will be well. It may be disastrous. Whilst God is the All-knowing, make your plans water-tight. It's good a lot of information is being shared in the house. Kudos to the likes of Jenny. Don't take any piece of info for granted. It may be your saving grace. Ask questions. Don't assume. And when in doubt, ask more questions.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
manmeta: Top of the day to all Nairalanders.

First, my apologies for the seemingly long silence since I announced my arrival here in Oz with my family, about 3 months ago as a PR. My utmost apology goes to Ferdimako who I couldn't help with advising wrt GSM PR route. I must confess I was overwhelmed with the challenges of settling in.

@Ferdimako: I'd see you're taking the studying route now. Good. I'm surprised at your IELTS scores knowing your capabilities. Nonetheless, I'm glad you quickly shrugged that disappointment off by opting for TOEFL. That attitude will take you to places bro. Let me know how I may still be of help.

My two cents please:

1. Whatever you have to do in realising your dreams to migrate here, please do it quick. Immigration laws/policies are changing fast worldwide. Hitherto migration hotspot destinations like the UK and Canada have shut their borders. And countries like Australia are following suite. It's either going to be cut-throat expensive or almost impossible to migrate pretty soon. July 1st is here again. Hence, no more pussy-footing, procrastination or waiting for the perfect conditions. There ain't such thing like that. Tick says the clock, tick tick. What you have to do, do quick.

2. Information is vital to your plans as you depart from your destinations and more importantly as you arrive here. I can't overemphasise that. Know what you are getting into. Don't migrate on half-baked plans "faithing and claiming" all will be well. It may be disastrous. Whilst God is the All-knowing, make your plans water-tight. It's good a lot of information is being shared in the house. Kudos to the likes of Jenny. Don't take any piece of info for granted. It may be your saving grace. Ask questions. Don't assume. And when in doubt, ask more questions.

Thank you. I was surprised at those bands! I will do iBT Toefl on the 13th July. I think I would love to do the PR thing when am in Australia. Thanks for your openness. My love to your family. You can still inbox me your cellphone number.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
posdream:

Good to know, where in ibadan are you residing? i actually filled the online enquiry form and i was replied with the application form. below was their first reply. it wasnt more than an hour. my IELTS is for aug 29th in lagos.

Tasmania polythenic email here:

Dear Jxxxxxd,

Thank you for your enquiry to study at the Tasmanian Polytechnic.

I have attached a copy of the 2013 VET Course Guide for international students. You can use this booklet to find out about the courses on offer and what you will need to do to in order to apply.

Please note that the direct entry score for most of the certificates at the Tasmanian Polytechnic is an IELTS result of 5.5 overall with no band less than 5.0. We can offer you English before your mainstream course if you need help to gain this score.

We still have spaces in all of our courses for 2014. I have attached a copy of the application form, if you would like to apply please complete it and return it to us with the required documents.

I will then be able to give you an offer that is conditional on you gaining an IELTS result of 5.5 overall.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Alex

Thanks for the valuable info. I will apply ASAP via the EOI form. I reside at Jericho Idi-Ishin Extention. and you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
A12345:

Thanks for the valuable info. I will apply ASAP via the EOI form. I reside at Jericho Idi-Ishin Extention. and you?

Oke Ado. Whats that abbrev.(EOI) Expression of Interest Form?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2013
manmeta: Top of the day to all Nairalanders.

My two cents please:

where in Aussie r u?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by celinorita(f): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Thanks to Jenny, Redreact and all, I now LOVE Australia and wish for my younger to study there. I stumbled across this thread by mistake and after much investigations, I very much prefer Australia on the basis of financial security, good nice living and higher chances of getting a P.R.Permit as opposed to Canada. I secured admission for him to study in University of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada but the tuition and accommodation are so HIGH. I am looking into at a TAFE College in QLD for him for Semester 1, 2014. God bless y'all. *Many hugs*
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
kellyemms: where in Aussie r u?
Sydney. And you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
manmeta:
Sydney. And you?
nat yet in aussie plannin to kum their for my studies! Wats ur email bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
manmeta:
Sydney. And you?

Hiya, am still fluid. I got a message from skillselect that I should lodge for 189 between now and August 30, so my account is locked and will only be reopened after the expiration if I didn't lodge. You know am not near being qualified because of no IELTS GT and no positive ACS evaluation. I put 7.0 all bands and crossing ACS' bridge you promised to help me format to get a positive result.

I will always redo IELTS GT,(they said IELTS or OET) remember I got 6.0 overall in 2010 but received a negative ACS evaluation because I wrongly put a programmer's code instead of that of a system Analyst's and had only a diploma. I was thinking getting an Australian MSc and having been in Australia will be it...Am so excited I can pull it from here with what I have or will achieve from here (IELTS GT and + ACS Evaluation). Again ACS doesn't want IELTS to evaluate. Jenny may be I forward my documents so that you could help me here, I don't want to face ACS all alone this time.

Now I've a BSc, just got the nod to apply based on it,assumed 7.0 IELTS and positive ACS. Since my student visa route has gone this far (am not happy expecting my brothers to foot it) how can I reposition my PR route? Will it be allowed I file while in Australia and change my status to PR? Must PR route be pursued from outside Australia? 6.0 all-bands IELTS GT could still get me 60 or above as 7 all-bands gave me 65 that triggered this invitation. I just hope Systems Analyst will still be making the 189 subclass list.

I am looking at freeing my brothers on this huge tuition after one year and have more hours to work and not have to go to regional area or find and beg a workplace to sponsor me.Please Jenny and others wade in.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
ferdimako:

Hiya, am still fluid. I got a message from skillselect that I should lodge for 189 between now and August 30, so my account is locked and will only be reopened after the expiration if I didn't lodge. You know am not near being qualified because of no IELTS GT and no positive ACS evaluation. I put 7.0 all bands and crossing ACS' bridge you promised to help me format to get a positive result.

I will always redo IELTS GT,(they said IELTS or other English proficiency equivalent,could I use TOEFL score?) remember I got 6.0 overall in 2010 but received a negative ACS evaluation because I wrongly put a programmer's code instead of that of a system Analyst's and had only a diploma. I was thinking getting an Australian MSc and having been in Australia will be it...Am so excited I can pull it from here with what I have or will achieve from here (IELTS GT and + ACS Evaluation). Again ACS doesn't want IELTS to evaluate. Jenny may be I forward my documents so that you could help me here, I don't want to face ACS all alone this time.

Now I've a BSc, just got the nod to apply based on it,assumed 7.0 IELTS and positive ACS. Since my student visa route has gone this far (am not happy expecting my brothers to foot it) how can I reposition my PR route? Will it be allowed I file while in Australia and change my status to PR? Must PR route be pursued from outside Australia?

I am looking at freeing my brothers on this huge tuition after one year and have more hours to work and not have to go to regional area or find and beg a workplace to sponsor me.Please Jenny and others wade in.

I always admire your sense of reasoning and I must say dat I've learnt n gotten lots of info which led me to more enquiries online. All my docs are ready for a masters degree in IT except ielts which I'm planning to write before u posted this n I started reasoning towards d PR route down here in Nigeria to ease ma people too of the high tuition fee(dunno wif ma bsc,ccna,ccnp, if d acs will qualify me and den switch to GT instead of ielts academic). I need to get more info about this PR route n .Thanks so much n I pray aunty jenny sheds more light. This forum is da best!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 01, 2013
kmontee:

I always admire your sense of reasoning and I must say dat I've learnt n gotten lots of info which led me to more enquiries online. All my docs are ready for a masters degree in IT except ielts which I'm planning to write before u posted this n I started reasoning towards d PR route down here in Nigeria to ease ma people too of the high tuition fee(dunno wif ma bsc,ccna,ccnp, if d acs will qualify me and den switch to GT instead of ielts academic). I need to get more info about this PR route n .Thanks so much n I pray aunty jenny sheds more light. This forum is da best!!

Yeah, PR is better to go in with and it gives you every right towards job hours and with 189-Independent you can work anyway in Australia. If you can wait for the time needed, do IELTS GT and pull 6.0 all-bands or above.No bands less than 6.0. If you can't wait, do IELTS Academic and follow student visa route but it is expensive and restrictive. The beauty with PR is you can enrol for your MSc,pay like locals and work as your studies and strength can allow.

I will advise you to go with PR if cash will be an issue or make people shout. That means you register for IELTS GT (N35,000)and do ACS evaluation (450AUD). For ACS Evaluation,certify your BSc Award Certificate and Transcript, Birth Certificate but they need your job experience from your workplace and upload all online. As of now there are 6 job titles under 189 and Systems Analyst is one of them and there are so many others under nominated list that will required you to work and live for some years in a region.You're restricted with location here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 01, 2013
For the PR process;

You need at least 60 points.

First you need to get your skills accessed (ACS, Vetasses, EA etc ) depending on your qualification and skills. Also ensure you select an appropriate ANZCO code that matches your work experience.

After this, once you get a positive result, you can go ahead with your IELTS (GT or Academic) ...you might as well write the exams while you await result from skill accessment.

Select an appropriate subclass 189 or 190 as the case maybe while submitting your EOI.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

!!!Note:- Please ensure you have gotten your skill accessment results and IELTs results before submitting your EOI. The infor provided cannot be changed once you receive an invitation to apply and you would be asked to prove what you claim.

Once you get an invite, submit all documents accordingly as you provided in your EOI and make payments.

...await your CO and further instructions.

Hope this helps.

...great job guys! smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 01, 2013
dejumotalks: For the PR process;

You need at least 60 points.

First you need to get your skills accessed (ACS, Vetasses, EA etc ) depending on your qualification and skills. Also ensure you select an appropriate ANZCO code that matches your work experience.

After this, once you get a positive result, you can go ahead with your IELTS (GT or Academic) ...you might as well write the exams while you await result from skill accessment.

Select an appropriate subclass 189 or 190 as the case maybe while submitting your EOI.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

!!!Note:- Please ensure you have gotten your skill accessment results and IELTs results before submitting your EOI. The infor provided cannot be changed once you receive an invitation to apply and you would be asked to prove what you claim.

Once you get an invite, submit all documents accordingly as you provided in your EOI and make payments.

...await your CO and further instructions.

Hope this helps.

...great job guys! smiley

Thanks if I knew what I know now, I would have struggled to get past ACS evaluation although my official BSc award certificate and transcript are not ready.Since ACS doesn't need IELTS GT I can do it in Australia.So am still on track, I could get my PR sooner than I thought. Now what I want to know is, can I lodge for PR while in Australia as a student? I think I can! But must do IELTS GT and pull 7 or above at all bands.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2013
posdream:

Sorry but I cannot answer that, but I know nasilas used a company or so as sponsor. Maybe he can shed some light.

@ferdimako

You know I have said it here lots that I don't know much about the direct PR application. Permit me to give you one advise, wait and follow your PR instead since they have asked you to apply. Put your student visa on hold and pursue this one, why would you want to pay that much for fees when you can just go through the PR route? what I don't know is if you can apply whilst in australia for the same visa. They have given you till august, do me a favour and go write IELTS GT, GT is as easy as and apply before the date runs out.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2013
posdream:

just to let you know..posdream is olly256, please answer accordingly

Made a mistake posting with this ID huh? Olly is for the German thread and Pos is for Australian thread. Why do you people have so many ID's? people might not take you seriously....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2013
cconcept: Jenny, if someone comes with his family,does the kid need to get a study permit too to attend school?

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/obligations-family.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2013
jt2010:

Madam... Sincerely speaking... I have never consider dat route or option. I will appreciate if u can fill me in.

@Manmeta and co can help you out here, they came into OZ same way. I will post you a link of the site and requirements and like @manmeta once said, you don't need a bloody agent to do this, it's not rocket science.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

^^^^ has it all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah, PR is better to go in with and it gives you every right towards job hours and with 189-Independent you can work anyway in Australia. If you can wait for the time needed, do IELTS GT and pull 6.0 all-bands or above.No bands less than 6.0. If you can't wait, do IELTS Academic and follow student visa route but it is expensive and restrictive. The beauty with PR is you can enrol for your MSc,pay like locals and work as your studies and strength can allow.

I will advise you to go with PR if cash will be an issue or make people shout. That means you register for IELTS GT (N35,000)and do ACS evaluation (450AUD). For ACS Evaluation,certify your BSc Award Certificate and Transcript, Birth Certificate but they need your job experience from your workplace and upload all online. As of now there are 6 job titles under 189 and Systems Analyst is one of them and there are so many others under nominated list that will required you to work and live for some years in a region.You're restricted with location here.

Again, here goes the debate between applying for a PR via Skilled Migration or Studying.

For individuals who have some considerable work experience and listed on the SOL, I'd always recommend the GSM route instead of studying abroad. I'm pretty sure, not less than 90% applying for student visas do not really want to study but just to use the route to get a PR. In any case, it may surprise you to know that Australian employers are least bothered by your plethora of qualifications or where you graduated from once you have a requisite qualification. Acquiring more qualifications does not put you in a more competitive stead. Your Nigerian qualification (or from wherever) will do here, as long as it is assessed as comparable by relevant authorities here.

Moreover, the student visa route is long and winding, during which period the government may throw up unfavourable policies which may throw spanner in the works. In addition, it is VERY EXPENSIVE. On the other hand, you only pay a fraction of these expenses for a skilled migrant PR.

For not-so-experienced individuals, the student visa route may be the way to go. However, know it's gonna be tough.

Hence, as Jenny advised, may be you should reconsider the GSM option, since you've already been prompted to apply. Get to do IELTS GT. It's easier. I got 8.5. Have a rethink. You may need to slow down and have little patience now than to go through an expensive and long route. The money you'd save may be used to aid your settling in.

In any case, it's your call - your decision to make. Whatever you decide, I believe you'd get support and advice from the house. All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

For individuals who have some considerable work experience and listed on the SOL, I'd always recommend the GSM route instead of studying abroad. I'm pretty sure, not less than 90% applying for student visas do not really want to study but just to use the route to get a PR. In any case, it may surprise you to know that Australian employers are least bothered by your plethora of qualifications or where you graduated from once you have a requisite qualification. Acquiring more qualifications does not put you in a more competitive stead. Your Nigerian qualification (or from wherever) will do here, as long as it is assessed as comparable by relevant authorities here.
o.

Thank you very much @manmeta. I remember talking about qualifications on this thread. I bank with ANZ, commonwealth and westpac and let me just say it here that half if not all of the people that work in these banks are cert1V holders and have no Bsc degree. One lady in ANZ told me she was trained intensively for 3 weeks after which she started the job, she has no degree whatsoever.

Australia could care less if you are a PHD holder, it does not give you an upper hand over a Bsc holder, it's no competition. The only professionals they require a degree from are people in hte medical field, engineering field, etc. Even most miners earning 200k per annum have no first degree.

This shouldn't even be debated on.

It's your choice ferdimako, your school starts in feb so really what is the rush, don't rush into things you might end up regretting later, use the few months left to apply for PR and wait.....You have a choice of studying as PR the same course you want to study as an international student, on a very cheap tuition fee and you are still considering studies it's your decision man, really it's your decision
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2013
I think of one the many reasons why those who already have a degree are thinking of going through the study route is because they have work experience in a different field from what they study in school. I have once raised it before here-how can someone who studied Yoruba/IT etc in school and working as a farmer/bank/ etc apply for the gsm route for PR? We all know this is the situation in many sectors of the Nigerian economy .
I am not so sure but I think the qualification/work experience someone is claiming must be relevant to any of the occupation on the list.
It will be nice if Jenny and co can give further clarification
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Sorry but I cannot answer that, but I know nasilas used a company or so as sponsor. Maybe he can shed some light.

@ferdimako

You know I have said it here lots that I don't know much about the direct PR application. Permit me to give you one advise, wait and follow your PR instead since they have asked you to apply. Put your student visa on hold and pursue this one, why would you want to pay that much for fees when you can just go through the PR route? what I don't know is if you can apply whilst in australia for the same visa. They have given you till august, do me a favour and go write IELTS GT, GT is as easy as and apply before the date runs out.

Thanks for your inputs!I'll do what as I should. I shall do IELTS GT but am still waiting to get my BSc award cert and Transcript. Even if I know more on the PR, I can't file for assessment because of no official first degree documents which means I can't lodge for visa-I pretended I'd a positive ACS evaluation and 7-bands IELTS.My BSc documents will be ready by November. I'll wait till year end to get them and deal with Australian Computer Society.

I may ask my school I want to move my enrollment to July 2014 and that'll allow me get in as a PR student.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

@Manmeta and co can help you out here, they came into OZ same way. I will post you a link of the site and requirements and like @manmeta once said, you don't need a bloody agent to do this, it's not rocket science.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

^^^^ has it all

@Jenny: I didn't get that: Are the people you're referring to just arrived or making plans to migrate?

I think dejumo summarised the process succinctly.

For offshore prospective migrants, you'd either apply on the strength of your own qualifications (skilled independent), be sponsored (by family or employer) or nominated by a region.

My family and I came here on our own. It was called visa 175 then (before SkillSelect came on board) but now termed 189.

The procedure is pretty much the same.

1. Know if your discipline is listed on the SOL.

2. Know if you can meet the points required. I think it's 60 points now.

3. Know the assessing body responsible for assessing your qualifications in Australia.

4. Do IELTS. You'll need for your qualifications to be assessed and for visa application too. Find out which one your assessing body in Australia will require (Academic or GT). Mine was Engineers Australia and they required GT. GT is easier and it's also fine for visa application.

5. Gather all necessary docs and get them ready.

6. Do EoI and await response.

7. If given go ahead, apply. If you're prompted to apply, it's almost a done deal.

8. You'd thereafter be told to do medicals and security checks.

9. Start organising your departure. Say farewell to friends and families and make sure your enemies remain unaware.

10. Do a financial plan for your departure and stay here.

11. Make inquiries about where you'd choose to settle, flights, etc.

I believe, you'd agree you don't need an agent to do all these just like Jenny mentioned. Using an agent does not guarantee success as they will do EXACTLY the same, i.e., if you get an agent who knows their onions and not out to swindle you.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2013
What did you study in school?? @cconcept
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2013
cconcept: I think of one the many reasons why those who already have a degree are thinking of going through the study route is because they have work experience in a different field from what they study in school. I have once raised it before here-how can someone who studied Yoruba/IT etc in school and working as a farmer/bank/ etc apply for the gsm route for PR? We all know this is the situation in many sectors of the Nigerian economy .
I am not so sure but I think the qualification/work experience someone is claiming must be relevant to any of the occupation on the list.
It will be nice if Jenny and co can give further clarification

See, I'm not asking you to be dishonest or unethical. But, I believe as long as you have the requisite experience and maybe a least similar qualification, there is a way you may do your paperwork to suit your application.

Think about it!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

@Jenny: I didn't get that: Are the people you're referring to just arrived or making plans to migrate?

I think dejumo summarised the process succinctly.

For offshore prospective migrants, you'd either apply on the strength of your own qualifications (skilled independent), be sponsored (by family or employer) or nominated by a region.

My family and I came here on our own. It was called visa 175 then (before SkillSelect came on board) but now termed 189.

The procedure is pretty much the same.

1. Know if your discipline is listed on the SOL.

2. Know if you can meet the points required. I think it's 60 points now.

3. Know the assessing body responsible for assessing your qualifications in Australia.

4. Do IELTS. You'll need for your qualifications to be assessed and for visa application too. Find out which one your assessing body in Australia will require (Academic or GT). Mine was Engineers Australia and they required GT. GT is easier and it's also fine for visa application.

5. Gather all necessary docs and get them ready.

6. Do EoI and await response.

7. If given go ahead, apply. If you're prompted to apply, it's almost a done deal.

8. You'd thereafter be told to do medicals and security checks.

9. Start organising your departure. Say farewell to friends and families and make sure your enemies remain unaware.

10. Do a financial plan for your departure and stay here.

11. Make inquiries about where you'd choose to settle, flights, etc.

I believe, you'd agree you don't need an agent to do all these just like Jenny mentioned. Using an agent does not guarantee success as they will do EXACTLY the same, i.e., if you get an agent who knows their onions and not out to swindle you.

^^^Between 4 and 5, get your qualifications assessed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2013
smiley I just raised a general question
I studied applied economics and for my masters health economics and telemedicine/Applied IT. funny enough I have never worked fully with these qualifications smiley
Current and new followers of these thread will benefit from these discussions .

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.