Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? (35839 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:

and what is a catch phrase....

O you have to get the new model of this thing...

its classy...faster and more efficient than the current one you use...

This one is cool but trust me this new one will blow you away

Gerritnow?

The G.O's approach is quite different. There was no attempt to compare one form of giving with another. i.e. He was not trying to sell covenant partnership as a better form of giving. You don't blame the G.O if the average attendee see the covenant partnership as the sole or better means to receiving his/her miracle.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

The G.O's approach is quite different. There was no attempt to compare one form of giving with another. i.e. He was not trying to sell covenant partnership as a better form of giving. You don't blame the G.O if the average attendee see the covenant partnership as the sole or better means to receiving his/her miracle.

I can see you are a RCCG member so i will do this once...

When I asked God, He said there will be a new set and it will not be for ten years. He said “because those people were in covenant with you for ten years, I had no choice but to keep them alive for ten years”

He said “You tied my hands”. And I remembered all the miracles that happened in the life of my partners, and I thank God for all the miracles,

Their giving has bribed God to keep them alive...compared to people who died because God's hand wasn't tied in thier own case...

My own duty is that I pray for my partners everyday; not once a month but everyday. And I promise you, my God who had been faithful to me all these years will be faithful to my partners also in Jesus’ name. He made a promise, He said all those who are lifting up my hands, He said as I rise, they will rise. So you will rise with me in Jesus’ name.

Clearly signifying special attention for the partners no?

Cheers mate
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:
However I don't think it is the biggest scam going on in the church today.

Thank you. The G.O intentions were clear; he/RCCG needed to raise some cash, shikena.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why are all the Xtians ignoring my question, sef
angry
What makes this wrong? Wasn't He guided by the Holy Spirit? Isn't the Holy Spirit supposed to be one voice?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by dorox(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto: Why are all the Xtians ignoring my question, sef
angry
What makes this wrong? Wasn't He guided by the Holy Spirit? Isn't the Holy Spirit supposed to be one voice?
Jesus warned of deceptively wicked preachers like him, wolves dressed as sheep he called them.
He was clearly guided by a spirit, we could call it the spirit of greed or thief-thief or indeed any other lying spirit. But definitely not the holy spirit.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by plaetton: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Rccg has got to be the biggest gang of scammers in the world.

Here is Another scam they run. A network of Rccg pastors run money lending businesses to financce LPOs at cut-throat rates.
I have encountered them before. They pool funds from offerings and tithes to fund the lpos of anyone ,whether it be atheist, satanist, muslim, just anyone willing to pay their cut-throat interest rates, except for the members of their churches. This is to avoid a scandal.

I encountered them for the first time several years ago and another one recently. its seems though, that most of the pentecostal churches are running this money-lending scam with church funds.

Now I understand what Jesus meant when he said something like" For those who have little, the little they have shall be taken from them and added to those who have more".
This passage from Jesus had always puzzled me until I began to think of the robbery that is going on in the name of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto: Why are all the Xtians ignoring my question, sef
angry

And it was caused that their eyes did skipped some words Maximillus 72:20
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:
I can see you are a RCCG member so i will do this once...

Com'on, i don't think have said enough to justify the statement above grin for the record, am not a member of RCCG.

mkmyers45:
Their giving has bribed God to keep them alive...compared to people who died because God's hand wasn't tied in thier own case...

I understand. I tried to avoid the 'i asked God' and 'God told me' bit simply because i no dey there grin even though i have my suspicions. But the G.O did not come out to say so and so persons have been selected to participate in the covenant partnership project. He was even honest enough to say the project been reduced to three years, so peeps should not expect 'long life' from God grin

mkmyers45:
Clearly signifying special attention for the partners no?

special attention, yes. but that is not say some other projects/partnership/association/club within the church don't receive similar or even better attention.

mkmyers45:
Cheers mate

Thanks brother, i very much understand your position/views. The thing is you guys see the G.O as being 'super smart' for coming up with this fund raising strategy, i think one has to be a 'muturu' to see the partnership project as a 'get rich quick' / miracle receiving scheme. The G.O was quite honest, maybe not 100%.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

Com'on, i don't think have said enough to justify the statement above grin for the record, am not a member of RCCG.

I understand. I tried to avoid the 'i asked God' and 'God told me' bit simply because i no dey there grin even though i have my suspicions. But the G.O did not come out to say so and so persons have been selected to participate in the covenant partnership project. He was even honest enough to say the project been reduced to three years, so peeps should not expect 'long life' from God grin

special attention, yes. but that is not say some other projects/partnership/association/club within the church don't receive similar or even better attention.

Thanks brother, i very much understand your position/views. The thing is you guys see the G.O as being 'super smart' for coming up with this fund raising strategy, i think one has to be a 'muturu' to see the partnership project as a 'get rich quick' / miracle receiving scheme. The G.O was quite honest, maybe not 100%.

grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by PastorKun(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

Thank you. The G.O intentions were clear; he/RCCG needed to raise some cash, shikena.

Yes the intentions were clear they 'needed' or rather just wanted to raise some cash. Nothing wrong with that except the deceitful and manipulative way he went about it.

The idea of even dividing the 'partners' into ten groups based on how much they are willing to pledge is also very contrary to christian teachings in the bible.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Yes the intentions were clear they 'needed' or rather just wanted to raise some cash. Nothing wrong with that except the deceitful and manipulative way he went about it.

The idea of even dividing the 'partners' into ten groups based on how much they are willing to pledge is also very contrary to christian teachings in the bible.
Isn't the number 10 supposed to be some sort of spiritual number?
grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by plaetton: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

He he he he.
That is very funny indeed.
All scammers do it because they too need some cash.
Robbers rob and kill [/b]because [b]they too need some cash.

So what you are saying is that if you need some cash, all is fair?

Moral schitzophrenia
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by dorox(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Pastor Kun:
Zikky agrees with you on this issue. It is my opinion the he finds this MOG GO of a man more detestable than either of us. He is only playing the devils advocate.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
plaetton:
All scammers do it because they too need some cash.
[s]Robbers rob and kill [/b]because [b]they too need some cash.[/s]

So what you are saying is that if you need some cash, all is fair?

No. what am saying is if the so called 'victim' (assuming there is one) is aware you are doing it for the cash (to be provided by him, the 'victim'), then it's fair enough.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by OmoAlata(f): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto:

I expect one group of Christians will defend this with Bible verses,

We're not foolish. This extortion is clear to see smiley
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
Omo Alata:

We're not foolish. This extortion is clear to see smiley
You don't know your people too well..
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by plaetton: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

No. what am saying is if the so called 'victim' (assuming there is one) is aware you are doing it for the cash (to be provided by him, the 'victim'), then it's fair enough.

So 419 is fair because the victims also believe that you are doing it for cash?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

bros, this is fund raising project, it has to be structured/organized.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
plaetton:

So 419 is fair because the victims also believe that you are doing it for cash?

if he knows i am doing it for his cash, yes. not just any cash, his cash smiley
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by plaetton: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

bros, this is fund raising project, it has to be structured/organized.

Pls, did they specifically say what they were raising funds for?

Armed robbery, fraud, embezzlement, these are fund raising enterprises as well. dont't you agree.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
I'm finding it difficult to figure out what side Zikky's on...
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
plaetton:

Pls, did they specifically say what they were raising funds for?

Armed robbery, fraud, embezzlement, these are fund raising enterprises as well. dont't you agree.

bros you need to see the G.O for additional info, i no dey there smiley and am not part of the fund raising committee. i don't even attend the church.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by plaetton: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ok. fine.

Can you speculate as to how much money Rccg generates every week from its member worldwide from tithes , offerings, seed sowing etc?

Now how much do you think that they catholic church generates worldwide from its members?

Compare and contrast.
I have seen schools, hospitals and vocational centers run by catholic churches both in Nigeria and abroad.

So what exactly does rccg do with its money?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
plaetton: Ok. fine.
Can you speculate as to how much money Rccg generates every week from its member worldwide from tithes , offerings, seed sowing etc?

Now how much do you think that they catholic church generates worldwide from its members?

bros, this is heavy stuff, you need a 'warrant' from EFCC Aso rock to assess such info.

plaetton:
Compare and contrast.

e be like you be lecturer grin

Honestly, i don't know. maybe they are attempting to take over the world, that's what they do every night sunday smiley
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto: I'm finding it difficult to figure out what side Zikky's on...

i'll say am of the view the G.O's comment does not justify the bashing you planed.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by truthislight: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

This is what i read....

. .and. .

The baba no force anybody na.

if it is not biblical what right do you have to sanction it?

Is your salary from that scam?

Shame is what some people dont have.

Show us the passages that the bible said people should partner to enter God's kingdom/prosperity/miracles befor you come here to support that fraud.

If it is not what the bible say we know it is fraud.

Do you imagine we are so stupid?

If you dont show a bible passage to support that that offer is biblical it means you are a fraud also.

"All you lovers of God hate what is bad" the bible says. Psalm 97:10

unless you are not a lover of God then support fraud.

If the people knew there left from there right will they follow him?

So, since they have followed him he is justified to defraud them if they accept.

What an argument!
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

i'll say am of the view the G.O's comment does not justify the bashing you planed.
Classic. Now he accuses me of 'planning a bashing'...

musKeeto: At first, I was like
then angry
then shocked
finally, I just burst out laughing..

I expect one group of Christians will defend this with Bible verses, the other group will attack it with Bible verses. Then there will be the foools that will quote 'touch not my annoin-thieves and give my pro-flirts no ham'..

As an agnostic, I begin to wonder: isn't the so called Holy Spirit one?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by TeekayAkin: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
The scams that christianity and foreign religions are! Religion started when the first scoundrel met the first fool! TAKE A LOOK AT THE SCOUNDRELS AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE FOOLS!!!

I've written many articles and spoken many times against these scammers, fraudsters and 419ers called pastorsand religious leaders. BUT it is just sad that some people still fall victim of their frauds!

I came across the page below and I just couldn't believe it!I had previous knowledge of these scams from this same so called pastor and his likes, even my father fell to a similar fraus to the tune of N50,000 [refer to the church website for the conversion rates in $ and pounds] at one of his services, after he was diagnosed with diabetes and going up and down seeking miracles rather than face it and change his lifestyle.I heard of this same scam a few weeks back, but I'm just reading it myself on his official website.
''This is a HUGE SCAM!!SERIOUSLY?

Holy Bleep!! And people fall for this shit?The said god created the world blah blah all by himself and now he needs your money, time and self to go do his work on earth to preach and talk and survive on this earth? REALLY

He did the entire creations all by himself without your help as you all claim and NOW he needs you and your money !

WAKE UP YOU FOOLS!

Reading this I thought I was reading one of those scam e-mails.

But somehow those ones are condemned and these ones are allowed to exist and run!

What madness and stupidity have befallen us Nigerians, Africans!!!?

What the hell is wrong with us?

I mean, if the god created it all by himself, he should be able to run his business himself, preach and spread his word, defend and fight for himself and supply the money to run his business!!

Did he also need some money from you lot to create the oceans and trees as you claim he did?

So why the Bleep will he need you or your money now?

This is just unbelievable!WAKE UP!!

Your fear and ignorance and assumption of knowledge are their power over you!!"- Teekay Akin FreedomMovementVoice

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by truthislight: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

this is to ensure that he collected from the poor also.

Big scam.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by truthislight: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2012

Compare and contrast.
I have seen schools, hospitals and vocational centers run by catholic churches both in Nigeria and abroad.

buy jet and the remainder for jet fuel and pay the pilot/staffs.

You know that jet fuel is expensive, grin

Compare and contrast.

buy jet and the remainder for jet fuel.

You know that jet fuel is expensive,
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by juventino: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

Honestly, i don't know. maybe they are attempting to take over the world, that's what they do every night sunday smiley
pinky and the brain. grin grin You no go kill me
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto:
Classic. Now he accuses me of 'planning a bashing'...

I guess that came out wrong sad sorry my brother, no vex.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Divine Mercy Prayer (free Video and Audio Download) / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.