Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation (17024 Views)

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Captainajama: 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
For scuttling my presidential ambition in 2007,I will ever remain on the opposing side.....that has always been his mind set. Anyway,for once,he is sounding sensible. The situation could have been avoided if Barth had been careful in sticking to ethics guiding his office. GEJ will not have people thinking he has a shady personal interest in the consortium or any of the power project bid or in any other sector that needs urgent Govt attention. All said,the way Barth was found and his knowledge tapped from,so shall we find another. I believe in the project Nigeria.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
take dat: Dora resigned to join politics,Ezekwesili finished her term @ budget office,Ngozi was humiliated and she resigned,Bart was sacked.I see no integrity
But Whatever your chosen explanation as to their reasons, they did resigned. Didn't they?
Its on record that Nigerians don't resign even if they are caught with their pants down.

Again, Nigerian president told us that Barth Nnaji tendered his resignation and he accepted it and thanks him for his services to his government and you are telling us that he was sacked.
Who sacked him? His boss that told us that he resigned or you?
Shall we say now that you knew more than Jonathan regarding those he employed?
Why not try once in a while to say thing the way they are, instead of allowing something else to push you around in a trance?

4 Likes

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Mandelaguy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Barth made a wrong move and paid the ultimate price. I appreciate his efforts,but personal interests should always be laid aside when you have made up your mind to serve your nation.seeing his error,he did the right thing....resignation.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
jmaine: Okupe came on the scene and suddenly Bakare and Elrufai went mute cheesy

Abati now firing potently appears to be working

Elruffy, we are watching you despite this surprising stunt grin
You may eat your very own words tomorrow, when El Rufai or Bakare comes out with something you didn't want to hear about Jonathan and his govt.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
Noiseless2: Look at them,jumping with joy that malam hell rufai aka ndu_chucks of nairaland, decided to say what even a 6yrs old can say,and his already warming his way into their hearts, tufiakwa! Malam hellish rufai and his gang are the ones sworn that they rather die than see people regain their lost common sense of reasoning. Who gives a f@ck what hell rufai/ndu_chucks and his many nairaland ids thinks, rubbish.
Dont be like that bro, El Rufai in reality may not be the enemy you are making him out to be based on what you and I are told, as I take it that you never met him in person.
Sometimes in life, your worst enemy could actually be your best friend if all human blind screen is removed, while your best friend is indeed your worst enemy.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by malc619(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
Check out some tweets by El-Rufai. He is a CPC Chieftain, but he didn't hold back from praising a PDP governor....

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Reasonable. Unlike him.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by taharqa: 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
luckarub:

If only all Nigerians wld understand this. Everybody say that 'they want PHCN to be PRIVATIZE, like the Govt did for NITEL', but the simple truth is that NITEL was not privatized. NITEL (0804... and some of its lines, even equipment) was still in existence when the likes of MTN came, but Govt and its cronnies let NITEL to crumble because they had interest in some of the telecommunication Companies then. The Govt shld deregulated that sector such that there will stiff competition, unlike the idea of wanting to sell it (PHCN) at the meager amount, even to themselves like we saw with Barth Nnaji's action.
There is nothing like 'PHCN' anymore. There are now 18 daughter companies in its place. Only d Distributn companies and d thermal plants wud be privatised to core investors(not even d whole 100% cos state govts and communities where d companies are locatd and workers can hold minority shares); the TCN(ie Transmission company) cos of its strategic importance wud not be sold but wud be under a Management Contract with a capable company for sm time(Manitoba International has already bn so contracted); finally, d dams wud only be Concessioned for a long period of time and are not to be sold cos of Water rights issues and dier Agricultural uses... I can tell u dat d Power Reform Process was very well thought out. The targets and timelines set by d govt team are bn meticulously followd(a rarity in Nigerian govt) including just last friday, Aug 24. The next date we are looking 4ward to is Sept 11(where d qualified bidders 4 d Discos are supposed to be announced). We all need to pray and importantly WATCH closely so dat dis process concludes cos it wud be quite simply d most critical INFRASTRUCTURAL undertaking in d coun3's history. Its effects can be beta imagind
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by VEE2010(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
I think, this should be the first commendable criticism to be attributed to El-Rufai in the history of GEJ administration. No doubt, he is intellectually sound but don't know why he chooses to be on a logger head with GEJ's govt. It would be wise he refrains from unjustifiable hatred and start being useful to himself and the society at large. I'm begining to see El-Rufai becoming himself on this single contribution rather than the 'Hell-Rufai' he chooses to become lately.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
Eziachi:
You may eat your very own words tomorrow, when El Rufai or Bakare comes out with something you didn't want to hear about Jonathan and his govt.

Still doesn't change the fact that both have been unusually quiet recently . . . . Unlike their weekly dossier of regular nonsense . . .
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Adematic(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
klax: El Rufai! El Rufai!! El Rufai!!! how many time do I called you? For the first time I knew you you talk like a normal person this is a surprise I pray you dont wake up tomorrow and say that is not what you actually want to say.

You would have won the heart of so many if you have be talking like this rather than be destructive and chaotic in your argument and utterances, well i'm waiting to read your next speech if you will not dissappoint me again.
if u r oppurtune to c wt ur eye whts happening in Aso rock u would b provoked to abuse d precidencybt one gat 4give naija to b able to love her,xpecialy whn u realize d effect of coruptn on ur life. I love naija no b easy tin to do na
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by comradefery: 3:08am On Aug 31, 2012
The energy wizard called Prof. Barth Nnaji came back frm US to help us rewrite our terrible history of power failure, I just hope some terrible people don't make this American/Nigerian dream a mirage!
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Taich(m): 5:00am On Aug 31, 2012
Is it that the Northern Elites (cattle rearers) have finally agreed with Gej (the fisherman) to take our Country to promise land? Buhari in kano,Ibb I will expose u,Obama's comment on Nigeria and El rufai's comment on former Power Minister, all commendable. I can see a light at the end of this tunnel.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by ndukwejoe(m): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2012
Your malam is a hypocrite if he becomes president he would undervalue the country and sell it to himself.
sojjy: El-rufai argues fine,no sentiment,no bias.Mallam is a man I would love to see occupying the post of president in Nigeria.He's a true Nigerian that really want the best for his dearest country.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by saintohia: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2012
Yes, I agree with him.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
hercules07: Waiting for the El-Rufai haters to come out, he is praising both GEJ and Barth Nnaji here. I do not believe the PHCN should be privatised, I think the sector should be deregulated, what worked in the telecomms sector was deregulation not privatization.

There was nothing to privatize in telecomms...is it nitel? As at the time of the revolutionization in the telecom sector nitel wasn't functioning properly, so it was more like a virgin ground for the newly interested companies. where is Nitel today? If you deregulate without privatizing competition will eliminate PHCN. If we have to deregulate it would be better to privatize and the proceeds will be useful
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nagoma(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
klax: El Rufai! El Rufai!! El Rufai!!! how many time do I called you? For the first time I knew you you talk like a normal person this is a surprise I pray you dont wake up tomorrow and say that is not what you actually want to say.

You would have won the heart of so many if you have be talking like this rather than be destructive and chaotic in your argument and utterances, well i'm waiting to read your next speech if you will not dissappoint me again.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nagoma(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2012

EL RUFA'I IS SINCERE AND THIS TIME YOUR JUDGEMENT COINCIDES WITH WHAT IS FACTUAL. yOU WILL SOON START INSULTING HIM AGAIN WHEN HE POINTS OUT FAULT WITH YOUR KINSMAN IN POSITION , AS IF HE (EL-RUFAI) HAS NO RIGHT IN A DEMOCRACY. NONSENSE.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by emexwana(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2012
El Rufai finally makes sense...on a rare occassion
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nagoma(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
centje: Reasonable. Unlike him.

Reasonable very much like him. You will shout foul only when he disagrees with your dogma.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:43am On Sep 01, 2012
Well, i agree with him on this one....... this is the first time i read where el-rufai is not attacking GEJ or his ministers
i dislike him LESS now!
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nagoma(m): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2012
VEE2010: I think, this should be the first commendable criticism to be attributed to El-Rufai in the history of GEJ administration. No doubt, he is intellectually sound but don't know why he chooses to be on a logger head with GEJ's govt. It would be wise he refrains from unjustifiable hatred and start being useful to himself and the society at large. I'm begining to see El-Rufai becoming himself on this single contribution rather than the 'Hell-Rufai' he chooses to become lately.

Another tribalist. You think GEJ 's government should attract intellectuals? For whatever reason?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

April 11 Governorship Election: Gunmen Kill 9 In Rivers State / N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / Prof Toriola Ajagbe SAN Dies At 91: Don Who Became SAN At 90 Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.