Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is This Right? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Right? (979 Views)

You Need See This Photo!... Is This Right? / My Friend Fainted Because Of His Girlfriend (is This Right?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right? by Terminator: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2008
Is it ok for a lady to marry from the family her elder sister married from. That is 2 sisters marrying 2 brothers. This situation is presently causing trouble for my friend who is one of the ladies involved. She has vowed she will go ahead even if her family are seriously opposed to it and has vowed bot to attend the wedding.
Is she right to go ahead?
Re: Is This Right? by TheSly: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2008
there is nothin' wrong with it bro! . . . . cool
Re: Is This Right? by adeboo(f): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2008
I dont see anything wrong with that.
Re: Is This Right? by adekennis(m): 7:26am On Jan 04, 2008
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Right? by kerzakov(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2008
adeboo:

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Re: Is This Right? by onyekang1(f): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
undecided
Re: Is This Right? by Terminator: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Well to say the trusth, I am confuse as to what the right thing is in this case. I kn that when a person get married into a family, the 2 families more or less become one.
But then, since both sides are not blood related, can it be wrong?
It is like an adopted child get wanting to get married to the a member of the family that he/she is adopted into. You can say it is wrong cos they are not blood related but it does not look right cos of the fact the adopted member is more or less a part of that family.
Pls can my fellow nairalanders make their contributions as I intend to print this thread out and give it to my friend to read.
Kind Regards
Re: Is This Right? by Iyanlax: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2008
Its morally wrong. Why are two sisters marraid to two brothers. Did yr friend meet him through her sisters relationship with her now husband? If so, it wrong for the two siblings to go this far(imo). However, if they met seperately then it lessensa the moral boundaries. Overall, this is just TOO CLOSE TO HOME. Haba. undecided
Re: Is This Right? by sylvao2000(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2008
@poster --------- Very very very bad and evil stay out ok, l guess you got her cheap because your big bro has already done it all, go outside the world and get your own wify ok l will call that a photocopy wife.
Re: Is This Right? by jkpretty(f): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
Depends on where u are from, ur race/culture/beliefs. I won't go with dat, its wrong by my standards.
Re: Is This Right? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2008
There is no problem.
They can even exchange! grin
Re: Is This Right? by Terminator: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2008
[/quote]@poster --------- Very very very bad and evil stay out ok, l guess you got her cheap because your big bro has already done it all, go outside the world and get your own wify ok l will call that a photocopy wife.[quote]

Did you read the thread at all or you were in a hurry? It is not about me but a friend.
She got to kn the guy due to visits to the sister's place. They ve bn going out for a long time, more than 5yrs.
My 1st thought was where were the parents when they were going out. I kn they kept it as secret but the parents must ve suspected ans ask questions.
Also, the girls cousin she was staying with in school was aware and did nothing ( not sure if she did something or not) but now when alot of water has passed under the bridge.
Re: Is This Right? by sylvao2000(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2008
Terminator:

Did you read the thread at all or you were in a hurry? It is not about me but a friend.
She got to kn the guy due to visits to the sister's place. They ve bn going out for a long time, more than 5yrs.
My 1st thought was where were the parents when they were going out. I kn they kept it as secret but the parents must ve suspected ans ask questions.
Also, the girls cousin she was staying with in school was aware and did nothing ( not sure if she did something or not) but now when alot of water has passed under the bridge.

Na you sabi oo take it or leave it that action is call PHOTOCOPY WIFE out of here work to do
Re: Is This Right? by Busta(f): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
don't see nothing wrong with that undecided
Re: Is This Right? by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2008
sisters marrying brothers?
hmmmm i cant oooh.there are many men/women out there so why should i?
anyway its a personal thing but for me its not only wrong,its an abomination. undecided
Re: Is This Right? by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
ifyalways:

sisters marrying brothers?

not so. . . . they are 'in -law' not by blood. the law is too fickle.

@topic

I think it would be too much confusion for the children.

would you say to yuor kid. . "come say hi to your father in-law in-law??"
Re: Is This Right? by ifyalways(f): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

not so. . . . they are 'in -law' not by blood. the law is too fickle.
ok thanks dear.

so its same sisters marrying same brothers ?
seems same to me.
the world is a big place jare,why wud i want to get tied with the same family with ma sis?
not for me ooooooh,so many sweet,nice and kiss kiss kiss guys out there aside my bother-in-law abeg.

@ topic NO NO NO,i cant.
Re: Is This Right? by CrazyMan(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2008
Once the love it there, there’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s just like marrying your brother’s wife’s younger sister; it brings families closer to each other. . . there’s nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is This Right? by sagitarius(m): 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2008
nah,dnt see anything wrong with dat, its all abt cd feelin
Re: Is This Right? by baby4u2(f): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with that. Its people's personal feelings and opinions that arise to oppose such union. But there is nothing spiritually, physically or looking for another english, wrong with it. Some people would'nt, doesnt mean it is wrong.
Re: Is This Right? by Ezinwannem: 12:58am On Jan 06, 2008
There is nuthing wrong but damn, why would 2 sisters wanna marry 4rom da same family? are they da only good family around? there must be sumthing about dat family, lol,
Re: Is This Right? by chychy(f): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
it depends on ur custom, but i really do not c anything wrong with it

(1) (Reply)

Is There Something Wrong? / He Wants TO Break Up With His Student Union Celebrity Girlfriend / Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.