Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Second-Hand Clothes! - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Second-Hand Clothes! (28298 Views)

Poll: Be honest. Do you sometimes buy second-hand clothes?

Yes!: 75% (125 votes)
No!: 24% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Ebola: The Use Of Second Hand Clothes Can Be Dangerous. / Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? / Why Are Second-hand Clothes Called Okrika In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by mohawkchic(f): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Siena:

I just can't imagine feeling comfortable in clothes that were worn by a total stranger.

~When you think about it tho,there's a very likely possibility the clothes you do eventually buy in stores have been Tried/Tested/Returned by more than one "Stranger" grin
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by mohawkchic(f): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2009
follypimpi:

Isn't 2nd Hand clothes,Vintage

~Not all Second-hand Clothes are Vintage!

~The Term Vintage will be given to any Clothing belonging to another Era,usually in it's original condition & at least 25yrs or more old. . .they are most times usually bought Second-hand whether they have been worn or not!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by SeanT21(f): 2:45am On Jun 21, 2009
I have no problem with the idea. I share clothes with friends and family members all the time.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by allure1(f): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
Second hand cloth, i will buy if it's lovely, like the texture n sterilize it myself!
n they've grades!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by rozerben: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
second hand cloths what a rubbish thing to do i don't like to wear that any one wear before me and i don't like make my status down by purchasing second hand cloths even i don't wear the cloth that are going to old for more than one for me after buying it so thinking to buy second hand cloth is worst for me never do this kind of purchase angry
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by staceyo(f): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2011
there is notin wrong wtih wearing second clothes,they are unique and quite affordable
and there is noyin wrong with wearing second hand bras,especially if you really want a good bra that you can afford.
moreover all this have grades,sometimes they are not worn,u get to find their labels on them
infact l have bras for sale and the way ppple rush them,u cannot imagine and l bet most of u condemning second hand wear them,
jst feel free to call 08038414163 if you need nice solid bras,we do wholesale too.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by kemmeye: 2:47am On Sep 21, 2011
ewwwwwwwwww. never
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by allure1(f): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
Second-hand underwears??
for real? so not for me!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by ionline2389: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
I am currently operating a second hand clothing warehouse based out of Houston, Texas.
We have just purchased a 107,000 square foot building are expanding our customer base. I am only looking for long-term customers who have financial stability.

My objective as an operator of sorting/grading facility is to provide the best quality products for your end users period. My father always told me in order to succeed in this business I have to focus on quality and being upfront with my customers at all times. It is because of this that I am able to grow in size during a time where everyone else is cutting production and Africa is slowing down in purchasing. However my goods are still being pre-sold before they reach my customers ports and godowns are still experiencing crowds of people when my goods arrive.

Since I provide a high quality of goods, I have higher cost associated with raw material therefore my prices are not the cheapest in the market. However, my customers are able to charge better prices and rotate their inventories quickly which in the end of the day is a win-win situation for everyone.

When I do everything on my end to send quality containers as per our terms, I expect my customers to pay as per our agreed terms. Typically, we ask for a 50% deposit and 50% of the funds due upon shipping the container. This is very important because in order to buy the best raw material I have to put money down weeks in advance to suppliers and therefore cash flow must not be interrupted.
If you are interested in working with a reliable supplier for second hand clothing I would love to speak to you.

I am currently also exporting vintage grades, shoes, toys, bric'n'brac, raw institutional material, and credential clothing.
You can reach me via my e-mail at Imran@DiscountRagsUSA.com or via office at 713.229.0400. Feel free to visit our website as well at www.DiscountRagsUSA.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With my warmest regards,
Imran Khanji

DISCOUNT RAGS USA
"The King of Quality"
8300 Telephone Road
Houston, Texas 77061
P: 713.229.0400
F: 713.229.0402
www.DiscountRagsUSA.com
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by ionline2389: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
I am currently operating a second hand clothing warehouse based out of Houston, Texas.
We have just purchased a 107,000 square foot building are expanding our customer base. I am only looking for long-term customers who have financial stability.

My objective as an operator of sorting/grading facility is to provide the best quality products for your end users period. My father always told me in order to succeed in this business I have to focus on quality and being upfront with my customers at all times. It is because of this that I am able to grow in size during a time where everyone else is cutting production and Africa is slowing down in purchasing. However my goods are still being pre-sold before they reach my customers ports and godowns are still experiencing crowds of people when my goods arrive.

Since I provide a high quality of goods, I have higher cost associated with raw material therefore my prices are not the cheapest in the market. However, my customers are able to charge better prices and rotate their inventories quickly which in the end of the day is a win-win situation for everyone.

When I do everything on my end to send quality containers as per our terms, I expect my customers to pay as per our agreed terms. Typically, we ask for a 50% deposit and 50% of the funds due upon shipping the container. This is very important because in order to buy the best raw material I have to put money down weeks in advance to suppliers and therefore cash flow must not be interrupted.
If you are interested in working with a reliable supplier for second hand clothing I would love to speak to you.

I am currently also exporting vintage grades, shoes, toys, bric'n'brac, raw institutional material, and credential clothing.
You can reach me via my e-mail at Imran@DiscountRagsUSA.com or via office at 713.229.0400. Feel free to visit our website as well at www.DiscountRagsUSA.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With my warmest regards,
Imran Khanji

DISCOUNT RAGS USA
"The King of Quality"
8300 Telephone Road
Houston, Texas 77061
P: 713.229.0400
F: 713.229.0402
www.DiscountRagsUSA.com
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by tdmoggy: 12:08pm On May 08, 2013
We have the following just arrived from London in our Lagos warehouse Now.
We control the collection, sorting and bailing so we can vouch for our quality.

SUPER AAA London Bales:
Children Mix
Original shorts
Towel
Sports
Men trousers 1
Men Polo/T Shirt
Ladies Tops mix
Ladies dress mix
Ladies Skirt mix
Boys Trouser
Ladies Bra
Ladies Trouser

Loose Items (Sold per piece): (London Brands - M&S,NEXT, TM Lewin, GAP, Doroty Perkins, etc)
Mixed Jeans
Mens shirts

Shoes
Childrens Shoes
Mens Shoes
Ladies Shoes

All items directly from London, Super AAA Quality (Boutique Grade), not the junk people send to Africa.
Seing is believing, Act fast or you will have to wait for June load. Items normally sell within 1 week so act fast.

For details, send email to: Nigeriadesk@lexwin.co.uk
or call Mr Festus (0806 755 7866)
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by tdmoggy: 2:16pm On May 08, 2013
We have the following just arrived from London in our Lagos warehouse Now.
We control the collection, sorting and bailing so we can vouch for our quality.

SUPER AAA London Bales:
Children Mix
Original shorts
Towel
Sports
Men trousers 1
Men Polo/T Shirt
Ladies Tops mix
Ladies dress mix
Ladies Skirt mix
Boys Trouser
Ladies Bra
Ladies Trouser

Loose Items (Sold per piece): (London Brands - M&S,NEXT, TM Lewin, GAP, Doroty Perkins, etc)
Mixed Jeans
Mens shirts

Shoes
Childrens Shoes
Mens Shoes
Ladies Shoes

All items directly from London, Super AAA Quality (Boutique Grade), not the junk people send to Africa.
Seing is believing, Act fast or you will have to wait for June load. Items normally sell within 1 week so act fast.

For details, send email to: Nigeriadesk@lexwin.co.uk
or call Mr Festus (0806 755 7866)
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by oreindia: 7:52pm On May 08, 2013
wow some people are harsh on here! Im from London and over here vintage and second hand is seen as cool, half the time someone will be wearing something sick and when u ask where they got it they say a charity shop. Its not for the motherless etc etc. I f you are confident and have style and a washing machine for the person who said it isn't safe lol then why not? over here clothes that cost the same as second hand are seen as uncool as they are usually from primark or a tacky indian market stool which is a tacky arse clothing empire and id go second hand over that any day. admittedly it used to be uncool but since the economy around the world is going to S*** ppl have no money! people still wanna go shopping and charities need to give money to the poor its a win win situation.

I customise my clothes with studs etc and sew african prints in the lining etc etc so in the end I feel like I have something new. maybe try something like that?
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:19am On May 09, 2013
we set a higher standard by appearance. cant afford to go around in 2nd hand clothes.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by jbblues24(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
Let me take a nap... great design, anyway. undecided
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by firstlady99(f): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Anyone around sapele, warri, abraka, oleh, ughelli, etc contact me on 09034846722( call/whatsapp) if you are interested in buying first grade clothes for adults and children, shoes and wigs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady's Amazing Weight Loss Transformation / Okoroafor Chinaza Wins The Nigerian University Carnival Pageant / DIY! How To Get A Flawless Glowing Skin Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.