Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini (22904 Views)

How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mustay(m): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2012
Some observations here -

1. I buy Aze's point

2. I also share in the tryna copy MTN's way too.

3. They know that we know that they know that non BB users use the BIS plan.

4. For our information or as a reminder, the social plan limits BB users to some social networking sites, BBM etc as explained here -

http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/Nigeria/Phone_Services/Blackberry/BlackBerry+Complete/FAQs/

5. Non-BB users using the BIS are of the opinion that subscribing to any of the contracts is a fair deal, at least, they ain't using cheats.

6. Correct me if am wrong, does anyone here using the Blackberry Complete plan (1,400) have the same issue with opera? Am not referring to BSM oh! Any one using BCM on an android etc

If the answer is in the negative, then it's safe to assume they're keeping in line with their 'terms of service' for using BSM and BCM.

My personal opinion is that the BSM is still much of an unfair deal for the reason Airtel gave for it being cheaper than BCM is to reduce costs. The % difference between NGN1,400 and NGN1,200 is 14% - just NGN200!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2012
^^^ but why change it after all these months if it was term of service
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by topranzo(f): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
wat their problem
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by emmax2alfa: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
It's true ooo! I've been wondering why I've not been able to surf the net with my opera mini ever since I changed my BIS from MTN to Airtel for about a week now.

So this is deliberate eh? Airtel be careful ooo!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mustay: Some observations here -

1. I buy Aze's point

2. I also share in the tryna copy MTN's way too.

3. They know that we know that they know that non BB users use the BIS plan.

4. For our information or as a reminder, the social plan limits BB users to some social networking sites, BBM etc as explained here -

http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/Nigeria/Phone_Services/Blackberry/BlackBerry+Complete/FAQs/

5. Non-BB users using the BIS are of the opinion that subscribing to any of the contracts is a fair deal, at least, they ain't using cheats.

6. Correct me if am wrong, does anyone here using the Blackberry Complete plan (1,400) have the same issue with opera? Am not referring to BSM oh! Any one using BCM on an android etc

If the answer is in the negative, then it's safe to assume they're keeping in line with their 'terms of service' for using BSM and BCM.

My personal opinion is that the BSM is still much of an unfair deal for the reason Airtel gave for it being cheaper than BCM is to reduce costs. The % difference between NGN1,400 and NGN1,200 is 14% - just NGN200!
I don't use an android phone, don't use BB. I use a Nokia phone and I pay 1300 for 250MB each month. Care to explain how this should affect me
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mustay(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ITBomb

BlackBerry-built Social Networking applications
- Facebook, MySpace & Twitter

BlackBerry-built Instant Messaging applications
-BlackBerry Messenger
-Partner IM app providers: Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, etc.

Social does not include:
-Standard BIS Email

-Access to BlackBerry Maps & 3rd party applications

-BIS Browser

–No Internet Browsing

-Service constrained to only allow access to Facebook, etc

-WAP Browsing only available via Airtel’s WAP portal*

DId you see the part on "3rd party applications"? That's where @aze's point comes to mind - as long as the parties don't have a contract, they unfortunately have the right to do this.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Esinwaju: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
I have had UCweb 8.3 on my phone for some time now but I never bothered to surf with it until yesterday when airtel pulled the plug on opera mini and I must confess that I'm really digging it big time eventhough I'm yet to fully acquaint myself with the settings. Mobile browsing just got better if you ask me. I don't think I'll be in a hurry to jump back on the opera ship should airtel decide to put the plug back in.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mustay: @ITBomb

DId you see the part on "3rd party applications"? That's where @aze's point comes to mind - as long as the parties don't have a contract, they unfortunately have the right to do this.

Hello!!!!!!!!.
I don't use a BB here why should I be affected by this?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mustay(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't use an android phone, don't use BB. I use a Nokia phone and I pay 1300 for 250MB each month. Care to explain how this should affect me

Sir, what NL users except for their personnel are doing here on this thread is trying to make deductions as what the reason could be, making inferences - hope you get

Calling customer care could consequently crowd out customer's curiosity (ignore my poor attempt at employing alliteration cool).
This is because, most often than not, these care agents are not updated (some of them are).

So, that's why I asked the Q in Q6 in my last post. wink
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mustay(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
***Double post***
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mustay(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hello!!!!!!!!.
I don't use a BB here why should I be affected by this?

What Airtel data plan are you on?

250mb, 100mb, 10mb etc

This would help us in solving the 'mystery'.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Okay. My mission is also to find out why this is happening
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
No Internet Browsing
Do people pay 1200 just for pinging ?
I didn't know
SMH, 1200 per month to send messag
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by jereal(m): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
uhmmm... I think my case is worst of all...
cos no browser works! I've download virtually every browser from Google play store (android market), but they just won't work...
interestingly, just like everyone's case, every other app works!
from the play store app to whatsapp, YouTube, email (excluding Gmail app though), Facebook etc...

this really needs to be figured out! either by Airtel or some whiz boy out there...!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2012
MAKE SURE OF THESE

on PC, ipad, Android and ur Internet enabled plates

APN
internet*ng*airtel*com

leave all the rest BLANK

Android try Dolphin HD Browser. One of the best out there.
jereal: uhmmm... I think my case is worst of all...
cos no browser works! I've download virtually every browser from Google play store (android market), but they just won't work...
interestingly, just like everyone's case, every other app works!
from the play store app to whatsapp, YouTube, email (excluding Gmail app though), Facebook etc...

this really needs to be figured out! either by Airtel or some whiz boy out there...!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Esinwaju: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
ITbomb:
Do people pay 1200 just for pinging ?
I didn't know
SMH, 1200 per month to send messag
LWKMD! Very ridiculous.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
UC Browser: Understanding The World's Most Powerful Mobile Browser

What's New
Optimized Address Bar. Intelligently predict your input, to precisely autocomplete.

Optimized Cookie Storage
Never need to input username and password repeatedly.

Quick Share
Share interesting news to Facebook and Twitter anywhere!

↓ Default Shortcuts
[0]Home

[1]Context Menu

[2]Move Up

[3]Switch Tab

[5]OK

[7]Back

[8]Move Down

[9]Forward

[*]Reload

[#]Key Combination

* Select Menu>Settings>Shortcuts to change the default value.

Permissions
1. If it always ask for network connect, you may set your device as below:
Find UC Browser in Apps list, click Options then Software Access,

Internet Permission or so, choose Always Allow and it should work.

2. If it always ask for reading your data, you may set your device as below:
Find UC Browser in Apps list, click Options then Software Access, Data Permission or so, choose Always Allow and it should work.

↓ Preferences
Page Segmentation:To set the max size of a page divided to display.

Image Quality:To set the definition of a image to display.

Scrollbar Width:To set the width of scrollbar. You need to restart browser to take effect.

Full Screen:To hide the title bar and menu bar to obtain best scope. The menu bar may be retained in touchscreen device.

Zoom View:To set how to zoom for display.

Content Folding:To fold similar contents together to shorten page, you may press the "+" to unfold.

User Agent:To show the site which browser you are using. Some sites may prevent some specific UA.

Block Size:To set the max section size when downloading a large file.

Keep-Alive:To improve the connection efficiency for Sony Ericsson phones to avoid disconnection.

WAP Access via Server:To visit any website via UC Server to have a better render effect and less data traffic, though some sites may restrict that.

Autocomplete:When inputing web address, to intelligently predict where you are going to. It will read your history and bookmarks
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2012
In addition to the above, you can

Open upto 12 websites simultaneously on symbian fones.

With the Symbian editn, u can download upto nine<9> files at once.

With 3.5G, be assured, you can get over 400kbps on UC speeds.

And not to forget, the UC Team thought it wise to create dedicated SERVERS 4 Nigeria (kau). So be assured u r dealing with UR OWN BROWSER.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by dabrake(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
Meanwhile, dabrake thought he was the only victim
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
Opera still the koko
ucbrowser rocks when downloading
i love my opera fnck you airtel
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
dabrake: Meanwhile, dabrake thought he was the only victim
Don't worry bro, we plenty for there
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Holyrule(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2012
same with me oh. i wonder what they are driving at with this.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Ossaifamous(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
it is true cis my dolphin and Firefox browsers works while my mobile opera is stuck ...even uninstalled and reinstalled it again from android market
but e nor browse still
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Soocool1(m): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
i'm currently surfing with opera mini via Airtel.....
To browse on opera mini with ur Airtel line, u will need opera mini handler (that one that comes with editable servers)
in the HTTP SERVER, input http://195.189.142.132
in the SOCKET SERVER, input socket://195.189.142.132
scroll down and select "Host" from the "proxy type" drop down box (some handlers come with only Host)
in the box input=>> airtellive.com
once the opera has finished loading, press #8 scroll down and change protocol from "http" to "socket".

NOTE: This is not a free browsing trick so it is not illegal.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Does opera mini version 7 has a handler, where can I get it
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Soocool1(m): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2012
ITbomb: Does opera mini version 7 has a handler, where can I get it
yes it has but it does not come with editable http & socket servers, just "proxy type" that contains "no proxy" "HTTP" "Host" and "Real Host"
you can download all handler applications @ ykhandler.com or http://nextwap.net/directory/Handler_Applications.html
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 02, 2012
Soo_cool: i'm currently surfing with opera mini via Airtel.....
To browse on opera mini with ur Airtel line, u will need opera mini handler (that one that comes with editable servers)
in the HTTP SERVER, input http://195.189.142.132
in the SOCKET SERVER, input socket://195.189.142.132
scroll down and select "Host" from the "proxy type" drop down box (some handlers come with only Host)
in the box input=>> airtellive.com
once the opera has finished loading, press #8 scroll down and change protocol from "http" to "socket".

NOTE: This is not a free browsing trick so it is not illegal.

Working fine Thanks kiss
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 5:43am On Sep 02, 2012
When this first I thought I could not do things I enjoy but now, I realised that that was just me being lazy. I don't even want the opera minis again I just want an explanation from Airtel
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2012
just installed uc browser for android. similar to opera, gestures are really great, and really faster than opera mini.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by jorospet2(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2012
My Opera and I have a personal relationship, something I don't have with UC Browser. For the past 3 days, I've had no other choice than to stick to UC. Now, my concern is if Airtel could stop Opera Mini, what would prevent them from pulling the plug on UC Browser too?
Maybe, just maybe, they want to introduce their own branded browsers too.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 7:36am On Sep 02, 2012
^^
I ysed to think that of my Opera too until I downloaded the new UC and now, I don't care but scrolling with UC aint so fast. Whatever Airtel is planning let them do so fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Between PNG, JPEG, GIF Image Format / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos / Last Day On Earth: Survival MOD + Save Game Files For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.