Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini (22875 Views)

How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by johndarey(m): 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
then revert to the normal 7.9. I was having that same problem too so I went back to the 7.9
thanks dtz wat i did..oda versions read kilobites bt it seems uc browser generally(up to the latest version) do nt fully load some websites...dtz d only prob i'm avin wif it...aside dt, uc browser make sense die..
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mayorwer: 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
Creamychic:
Mine started on Friday too.Please which browser is better for android, UC Web or Operamobile?
Thank you for this quetion.UC only good for download,facebook on uc sucks,but opera got it all with nice user interface.opera is great....
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 6:40am On Sep 05, 2012
Mayorwer:
Thank you for this quetion.UC only good for download,facebook on uc sucks,but opera got it all with nice user interface.opera is great....
What makes you say UC aint good for FB? Even when opera was working, I was visiting FB with UC not opera
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Benissues: Pls!...where can i download d operamini7?

Go to m.opera.com
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Shalome(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
since yesterday i've been unable to browse wit my Airtel sim(opera,ucweb,fennec,netfront,internet xplorer,nimbuzz e.t.c),i still av bout 900mb coz i jst subscribed last wk,it keeps sayin 'network unavailable'
i use a htc touch pro2
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Shalome(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Shalomé: since yesterday i've been unable to browse wit my Airtel sim(opera,ucweb,fennec,netfront,internet xplorer,nimbuzz e.t.c),i still av bout 900mb coz i jst subscribed last wk,it keeps sayin 'network unavailable'
i use a htc touch pro2
is it only wif me?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
Shalomé: since yesterday i've been unable to browse wit my Airtel sim(opera,ucweb,fennec,netfront,internet xplorer,nimbuzz e.t.c),i still av bout 900mb coz i jst subscribed last wk,it keeps sayin 'network unavailable'
i use a htc touch pro2
check your apn make sure its
internet.ng.zain.com
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Weldone guy. I luv ur good work on this thread.

Brainrex:
check your apn make sure its
internet.ng.zain.com
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Shalome(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
i've done dat,still the same tory o...HELP!
Twas browsin b4 it jst stopped since yesterday,are u usin airtel?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 4:02am On Sep 06, 2012
Shalomé: i've done dat,still the same tory o...HELP!
Twas browsin b4 it jst stopped since yesterday,are u usin airtel?
Unfortunately for you, their customer care line aint going right now. But you can try to change the settings on your phone. If the problem persists, try getting the settings for MTN and using it on Airtel, its the only thing that works for my phone
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by jorospet2(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
but scrolling with UC aint so fast.

I used to have the same problem with UC Browser. You see, I never got the hang of it when I was satisfied with Opera Mini. The simple solution to the scrolling problem is to use the shortcut. Menu >Help >UC Help >Shortcuts.
The shortcut for Scroll Down on my UC is the SpaceBar, Scroll Up is the Letter ‘T‘ , refresh is letter 'U' and so on.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by tunnex190: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
so which version of opera is working now?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
^...same question on my mind.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
tunnex190: so which version of opera is working now?
the last time I checked, none
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Shalome(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
the last time I checked, none
actually, i av a inbuilt version on my htc touch pro2 dat works wella,im usin it to type tis! But its quite diff frm the opera im used to i.e interface,settings e.t.c but u guyz can use ucbrowser or netfront browser
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Shalome(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
Unfortunately for you, their customer care line aint going right now. But you can try to change the settings on your phone. If the problem persists, try getting the settings for MTN and using it on Airtel, its the only thing that works for my phone
thks boss,i restarted my fone wit x-plore n it hs started browsin again, i guess dats d new trick i'd be usin
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Saraha1(f): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
Have nt being able to login to yahoomail since last night with my Nokia phone,have even sign in morethan 5times on Pc, and then login again with my phone still, it nt opening. Pls guys what do you suggest i do?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by harlos: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
NEROSKY:

Out of the 4 operating networks in Nigeria , look for the network that has 3G in ur area/Vicinity. Cuz browsing on Edge and Gprs on P.C Sucks!!!
then buy the moderm and start surfing the net, for me, my mtn moderm is using all the 4 sim cards so you can break ur sim if it's not broken, so yu can use all D networks, like me and odas { i can help wif dat i.e if interested ] Am currntly using Aitel for now!!! buh D fasts is Etisalat i.e in full service!!! hope is helpful.
pls I also want to learn how brake sim so it can work other networks too
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by harlos: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Sarah a: Have nt being able to login to yahoomail since last night with my Nokia phone,have even sign in morethan 5times on Pc, and then login again with my phone still, it nt opening. Pls guys what do you suggest i do?
the samething happened to me bt I sign in through the desktop version.
Goto yahoomail.com scrol down to the end and click on desktop view,then u r free to go.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by harlos: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Since yesterday i've been unable to log into facebook with ucbrowser all I see is error! error!! error!!! Pls what can I do to correct this?
I'm doubting if it's because I did not like their page on facebook,help me beg abeg.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 3:50am On Sep 08, 2012
harlos: Since yesterday i've been unable to log into facebook with ucbrowser all I see is error! error!! error!!! Pls what can I do to correct this?
I'm doubting if it's because I did not like their page on facebook,help me beg abeg.
Try another version of UC web. Or try logging in with a friend's phone and the log in with yours. If that fails, delete and download another one
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Chitexs250(m): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2012
Every body Airtel opera is back and better as a matter of fact that is what am using to type this text now
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 8:44am On Sep 08, 2012
Chitexs250: Every body Airtel opera is back and better as a matter of fact that is what am using to type this text now
Is that a new opera that we should download or we can use the old one?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44:
Is that a new opera that we should download or we can use the old one?
The old one is working ,
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2012
Tri)d it and yes it is but at this point, I don't care
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by busar(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2012
It's nw working perfectly cheesy
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Already in luv with opera mobile. Sleek
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Saraha1(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
harlos: the samething happened to me bt I sign in through the desktop version.
Goto yahoomail.com scrol down to the end and click on desktop view,then u r free to go.
I cant find any word like desktopview nt even desktop ,pls what should i do?Am piss off nw!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by johndarey(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
Chitexs250: Every body Airtel opera is back and better as a matter of fact that is what am using to type this text now
yels tried it n it worked bt i'm jst in luv wif uc browser already...na 2 dey use both of dem 2geda sha...uc doesn't load goal.com comments, opera doesn't enlarge pic...
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
Airtel can take opera mini and shove it for all I care. UC is what is doing it form me right now and I don't intend to change
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by jedisco(m): 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: Airtel can take opera mini and shove it for all I care. UC is what is doing it form me right now and I don't intend to change

Although I agree that UCWeb is much faster. I have since changed back. I noticed that UCWeb does not load the full page for some sites esp. the comments section and login captcha. It also looks like it was made more for mobile browsing and not zoom browsing format. Lastly I had a load of bookmarks and saved pages on mini which I really missed.

Perhaps if if there was no way to return quite quickly and it loaded some much needed pages fully (e.g goal.com and some login sites), I would have switched over to UC.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 09, 2012
johndarey: yels tried it n it worked bt i'm jst in luv wif uc browser already...na 2 dey use both of dem 2geda sha...uc doesn't load goal.com comments, opera doesn't enlarge pic...

to enlarge pictures on operamini
change your image quality from low to High
still love my opera

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TECNO H3 – Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria / 5 Things We Do That Destroy Our Smartphones / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.