Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini (22911 Views)

How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Youngpo413: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mynd_44: And here I was thinking I was going insane with my Opera. This is getting serious oooo

switch to 3G,airtel is fast with 3G networks if its available in your location,and your phone is enabled too.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
Young po413:

switch to 3G,airtel is fast with 3G networks if its available in your location,and your phone is enabled too.
How do I enable it?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by elvision1(m): 1:05am On Sep 03, 2012
Its true jawe! Mine started since on friday evening...i thought twas ma phone,bt ma other peeps said dsame tin too...mehn dz sa.tfu Airtel! *cries*
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 03, 2012
well for me my opera mini still going on my smartphone. Simple. All you guys need to do is to changes airtel ip 195.189.142.132 and port to 80. Then any opera mini will open. Try it you don't it handler.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 5:20am On Sep 03, 2012
My E71 only has input for access pt apn, no place for IP.
Advanced setting shows only proxy
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by babarazy: 6:07am On Sep 03, 2012
Brainrex:

First download opera7.sis
then goto phone settings
change your ip to: 195.189.142.132
Port: 80
enjoy

Thank u jaree. God bless u front and back
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ceaser: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2012
afrobaby: Am on airtel network and am sending this via my opera browser
Probably you're using opera mobile and not mini. cry
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by dragnet: 7:18am On Sep 03, 2012
sam4xadams: well for me my opera mini still going on my smartphone. Simple. All you guys need to do is to changes airtel ip 195.189.142.132 and port to 80. Then any opera mini will open. Try it you don't it handler.
very true....
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Gerardcole(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2012
Our nokia friends has a better choice on this.. You can download anyone with editable server and it would work. Just bing opera servers, and input them in the boxes and you ready to go.

Airtel only blocked the default opera server.

On my Android I now use Boat Browser cos I find it better than dolphin browser.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2012
ITbomb: My E71 only has input for access pt apn, no place for IP.
Advanced setting shows only proxy
My problem
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ceaser: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
]No be naija we dey? There is this irritating advert they are constantly running that got me angry and had to call the customer care to complain, all he did was to tell me to calm down and all that. The government is corrupt and lack the sophistication to make things work, hence every cat and dog can come here and treat Nigerians as shyyte.

Abeg where can I get to report globacom cos they'd ripped me of 1k without giving me data. I've called their customer care about 7 times in the previous month, all promising their technical section will look into it but nothing has been done till date. I need someone or some agency to report them to to keep 'em running and do what's right.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by IbroSaunks(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2012
sam4xadams: well for me my opera mini still going on my smartphone. Simple. All you guys need to do is to changes airtel ip 195.189.142.132 and port to 80. Then any opera mini will open. Try it you don't it handler.
Thank you jare, you get mouth! God bless you and na woman you go marry!
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by IbroSaunks(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
My problem
I put the IP address in proxy address space and it worked
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2012
IbroSaunks:
did i tell you i need a woman?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Creamychic(f): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2012
Mine started on Friday too.Please which browser is better for android, UC Web or Operamobile?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Creamychic(f): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2012

You're blessed. It's working fine now thank you very much.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Creamychic:

You're blessed. It's working fine now thank you very much.
Creamy sup , where have u been hiding.
I'm using opera mobile cos me no see place 2 inject da freaky IP
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Dranatomy: 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
my opera stopped working too...am on airtel
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Creamychic(f): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Dranatomy: my opera stopped working too...am on airtel

Follow the advice below.

@IT Bomb
I've been around, thanks for asking.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
IbroSaunks:
Good for you
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ITbomb here

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by ITbomb(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Brainrex: @ITbomb here
I have just graduated from the school of tweaks for dummies.
Thanks Brainrex, it works
I was falling in luv with opera mobile , it loads faster and neater than native browser and much better for secure online transaction .
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2012
welcome smiley
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by obiflex: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2012
latest development: Airtel has blocked the new Opera Mini Handler being promoted here.
They have also blocked this topic on any phone using their network.
This means that those of us discussing their actions using UCbrowser can no longer find this topic on Nairaland.
These Airtel guys have really drawn a battle line with their loyal customers and the hackers out there.
They have now become dictators, censoring our every action. They think we have no option; there's nothing we can do.
We have no choice but to use their crappy web browsers and still pay them any price they desire...I'm watching to see who wins
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by johndarey(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2012
well i've nt observed dt as i'm replyin via uc web wif airtel.bt i'm havin two problems wif dis ucweb 8.5(cloud)...it does nt read kilobites when loading page nd it does nt load sm pages websites fully e.g goal.com...is it about d settings or dere's notn i kn do about it?
obiflex: latest development: Airtel has blocked the new Opera Mini Handler being promoted here.
This means that those of us discussing their actions using UCbrowser can no longer find this topic on Nairaland.
These Airtel guys have really drawn a battle line with their loyal customers and the hackers out there.
They have now become dictators, censoring our every action. They think we have no option; there's nothing we can do.
We have no choice but to use their crappy web browsers and still pay them any price they desire...I'm watching to see who wins
obiflex: latest development: Airtel has blocked the new Opera Mini Handler being promoted here.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by puplin(f): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2012
Not true, am still on their network. Stop saying stuff u aren't sure of...pls

1 Like

Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Benissues(m): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pls!...where can i download d operamini7?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by busar(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
Is there any diff. btw ucbrowser and ucweb cloud?
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
puplin: Not true, am still on their network. Stop saying stuff u aren't sure of...pls
i wonder
i'm posting via operamini.
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2012
busar: Is there any diff. btw ucbrowser and ucweb cloud?
Cloud is an upgrade of the usual UC WEB
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by Mynd44: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
johndarey: well i've nt observed dt as i'm replyin via uc web wif airtel.bt i'm havin two problems wif dis ucweb 8.5(cloud)...it does nt read kilobites when loading page nd it does nt load sm pages websites fully e.g goal.com...is it about d settings or dere's notn i kn do about it?
then revert to the normal 7.9. I was having that same problem too so I went back to the 7.9
Re: Airtel Cuts Off Opera Mini by jereal(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2012

all other browsers that never worked before on my Droid all work now...!

I guess I'd say good thing opera mini got blocked in the first instance...now a single solution solved all my problems...!

thanks a million bro...!grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Between PNG, JPEG, GIF Image Format / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos / Pictures From Tecno Spark Party In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.