Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Looks Matter In A Relationship (14528 Views)

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship?? / Do Looks Matter In Relationship? / Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Godmother(f): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2012
What do you do when you meet someone great but u feel no attraction to the person whatsoever, not emotionally, physically or otherwise.

Does it really matter what a person looks like?
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by jhydebaba(m): 9:05am On Sep 02, 2012
No, it does not mean a thing.
Try marry wowo person with tribal mark like ...eh... eh ...

6 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Idowuogbo(f): 9:08am On Sep 02, 2012
Haaa! No point dating someone u not attracted.I won't! It's so wrong.....

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 02, 2012
Looks aren't everything to me, but one must feel some sort of attraction to someone with whom you're in a relationship or with whom you're considering entering a relationship. I can't imagine dating someone to whom I have no kind of attraction. That's torture.

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Mynd44: 10:50am On Sep 02, 2012
It is not worth it getting into a relationship with someone whose looks you are not comfortable with as you would be constantly reminded of it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by DukeNija(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2012
ogugua88: Looks aren't everything to me, but one must feel some sort of attraction to someone with whom you're in a relationship or with whom you're considering entering a relationship. I can't imagine dating someone to whom I have no kind of attraction. That's torture.
Seconded. I think the most important thing is your attraction to the person and vice-versa.

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 03, 2012
Godmother: What do u do wen u meet someone great bt u feel no atractn 2 d person whatsoeva, nt emotnally, physically or otherwise.

what you do is you keep such person as a FRIEND, as there is nothing that connects you guys romantically.

Does it really mata wat a person looks like

HELL YEAH!!!!!
physical attraction is not the most important thing in a r/ship but i doubt you can/should do without it either........unless you want to kiss and probably wake up next to a donkey for the rest of your life.

physical attraction should be what FIRST gets you guys noticing one another. then after scrapping the surface, you would discover stuff about this person that will make you dig him/her even further. along the way you will fall madly in love with that person as a whole, and that mad love will help you greatly when he/she loses their fantastic looks/body etc............... as now you would know so much about this great lady/man that their look wouldnt matter any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by temmym4(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2012
Abegii!! Lets be sincere once a while, Liars won't make heaven. Why will i start a relationship with someone i am not attracted to IMPOSSICAN'T..
Physical attraction is so damn important, even if it fades away with time, that wont matter anymore. At least i liked her physically when we met before growin so much into loving
her.
Really dont wanna wake up seeing my partner's face, get upset and go back to bed.... Or avoiding a walk with her on the street (Honey dey go front, i go dey follow u for back) Jooor o. IT MATTERS!

3 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nnekacherry: 2:33am On Sep 03, 2012
Yes it matters...
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by http(m): 7:15am On Sep 03, 2012
temmy.m3:
Abegii!! Lets be sincere once a while, Liars won't make heaven. Why will i start a relationship with someone i am not attracted to IMPOSSICAN'T..
Physical attraction is so damn important, even if it fades away with time, that wont matter anymore. At least i liked her physically when we met before growin so much into loving
her.
Really dont wanna wake up seeing my partner's face, get upset and go back to bed.... Or avoiding a walk with her on the street (Honey dey go front, i go dey follow u for back) Jooor o. IT MATTERS!

Yea, i got your points, but what happen to those physically unattractive? they should go and hug transfomer abi? i know only God creates while we sit here and talk about people as if we created ourselves... Abegi! Ugliness Has Come to stay... grin

3 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by elari(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2012
I better remain single than date an ugly duckling.

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by tellwisdom: 9:10am On Sep 03, 2012
Godmother: What do u do wen u meet someone great bt u feel no atractn 2 d person whatsoeva, nt emotnally, physically or otherwise. Does it really mata wat a person looks like

U free am na..Na by force?? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by dontador(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2012
If look matters den i won't possibly be dating one of the most beautiful girls around my hood, cos am a true definition of ugliness..... Even a child dat can't speak properly after taking a good look at me will shout ”ugly”..... So all am saying is dat looks does not matter in a relationship once there is the feeling den you are good to go.... E.g : if look matters den my parents ought to be single by nw....

7 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2012
Sometimes Looks really matter -- believe me u wouldn't love to Roll on the Street with this kinda Pretty Lookin' lady grin grin
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by SoocoolTM(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2012
dontador: If looks matters den i won't possibly be dating one of the most beautiful girls around my hood, cos am a true definition of ugliness..... Even a child dat can't speak properly after seeing me will shout ugly..... So all am saying is dat looks does not matter in a relationship once there is the feeling den you are good to go.... E.g : if look matters den my parents ought to be single by nw....
Bros, man no need to fine to get babe! Na women go dey worry about dat one
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by kenbee(f): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2012
It does cos that the point of attraction at the inception.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by joejeezy(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2012
example: our nigerian women football team, there are in a relationship right?.....#end of story!#

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2012
OP if you ain't attracted to the person then why are you worried about what he looks like? There's no attraction then there shouldn't be questions about wanting to date the person.

Looks is not the main reason why I'd go into a relationship but I sure won't date someone who looks like lefulefu.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by NobleAngell(f): 9:44am On Sep 03, 2012
Ofcourse it matters 2 me. Am pretty sure u wouldnt want me 2 date u and have ma eyes on sum1 else.

1 Like

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by seedord247(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2012
dontador: Excuse me... Are you not the one on your profile?

No her look alike. grin angry
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by nwangeme: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2012
Godmother: What do you do when you meet someone great but u feel no attraction to the person whatsoever, not emotionally, physically or otherwise.

Does it really matter what a person looks like?

i think the ladies need good looks to complement whatever they have on the inside. Its called packaging. Men are usually moved by what they see. wink
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2012
Yo!
It all depends on what you want IMO, looks are good but they don't really "last". It is usually difficult to see a good girls that looks "stunning" inside and outside. The way I see it one side always suffers. So if you are looking for a trophy wife that people would say "wow" see his hot wife, 9 times out of 10 their characters are not quite as shining.

If you would be going for a long term partner on the other hand, I think it is wise to "temper justice with mercy" , at least not atutupoyoyo but someone who is average. Physical chemistry is good but with time as well that would tend to die, and then it takes "work" to keep it going. Slow and steady wins the race, I rather end up with an average girl I would like to go back home to every evening than a hot chick that would make me stop at a bar, get a bit wasted so I can just sleep and not hear her nag.

4 Likes

Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Bisjosh(f): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2012
What a silly question undecided
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by truetalk01(m): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2012
yea looks matter, is d first step 4 a relationship. if u are not attracted to someone there will b no love
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Whobedatte(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2012
elari: I better remain single than date an ugly duckling.
then u remain an old barchelor @ 50, mtcheew, as if u created yourself..
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by Ariyke: 10:08am On Sep 03, 2012
as for me i cant date sumone am nt attracted to cus it will be torture to me, if i date a guy for his look then that's nt true love, that is called conditional love and i get to blame my self when sumfin happens to his look bt all d same look does matters bt love conquer all
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by elRoi: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2012
i second!!! wink wink
MRbrownJAY:

what you do is you keep such person as a FRIEND, as there is nothing that connects you guys romantically.

HELL YEAH!!!!!
physical attraction is not the most important thing in a r/ship but i doubt you can/should do without it either........unless you want to kiss and probably wake up next to a donkey for the rest of your life.

physical attraction should be what FIRST gets you guys noticing one another. then after scrapping the surface, you would discover stuff about this person that will make you dig him/her even further. along the way you will fall madly in love with that person as a whole, and that mad love will help you greatly when he/she loses their fantastic looks/body etc............... as now you would know so much about this great lady/man that their look wouldnt matter any longer.
Re: Does Looks Matter In A Relationship by luimartins: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2012
Now, what of in a case where d guy/gal is good luking bt av a slight physical challenge or disfigure? Can such a tin affect d tin from flowing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Something Really Crazy Happened To Me / Why Do Broke Men Always Get Triggered By This? / Woman Busted By Husband On Radio Show (oh my gwad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.