Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

Women’s Most Hated Pet Names - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women’s Most Hated Pet Names (24990 Views)

Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest / Pet Names You Call Your Spouse/ Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
freecocoa: We don get another FP wey we no know of?
Wetin be your own? freeCocoa baby cheesy
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by ccynwe: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
My ex still calls me treasure and am loving it...
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by muffins99(f): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2012
armadeo:

Back when I was a kid that was a trick well taught to all upcoming bros. U all had one name. Lol

We know some of your tricks now and they no longer work!!
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by freecocoa(f): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
koastar:
Wetin be your own? freeCocoa baby cheesy
undecided undecided
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by wrench: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
slimyem: op,those pet names you listed are nice compared to the one my naija brothers call women..
Names like..
-sweet potato..
-jollof rice..
-sugar banana..
-sherikoko..
Lol
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by chiochio1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin this guy ur own crase na highest one grin grin grin grin funny lol grin grin grin but u re right man grin
MRbrownJAY: i am surprised that "B.ITCH" is in none of these list......... now we all know that many girl's pet name is B I T C H, as in:"B.itch is my food ready?!

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
ccynwe: My ex still calls me treasure and am loving it...
grin grin grin grin are you still his property?
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by dartsidius7(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
Orobo toh ki........lollzzzz.
tomato jos ko, tatashe kano ni....
i like shawty..
wassup shawty.....
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by ccynwe: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
grin grin grin grin are you still his property?

nope...but he is already used to it, that he hardly remembers my real name...so?
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Clairette(f): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
slimyem: i know about ma cherie or mon cherie as my dear or my darling as the case may be...but i've never really gotten the coco part.
Besides,my naija brothers nor dey pronounce am as cherie coco...they pronounce it as i wrote it..sherikoko!cheesy

It's not pro
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Sexxymom: am sure u would have a sister or daughter,u could call bitch and she would respond smilling. Mtchewwwww

this type of response is the reason why i believe that many women are #&@£$%=!!!!
we all know that many women are called bi.tch, and these women dont complain about it. should we therefore blame their fathers/brothers for that too? should we never talk about these gals, or pretend it never exist?

the fact remains that many of you gals are called bi.tch and dont see anything wrong in the act. why do you wanna kill the messenger?!
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Ammyng(f): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
koastar: Women’s most hated pet names

‘Babe’, ‘sweetcheeks’ and ‘snookums’ have emerged as the most hated pet names for the nation’s women, it has emerged.

The research into the most loved and hated terms of affection found ‘Babe’ to be the most loathed way to refer to a loved one.

‘Muffin’, ‘pumpkin’ and ‘baby doll’ are also likely to prompt a cold shoulder from your other half, according to the report.
By contrast terms like ‘gorgeous’, ‘beautiful’ and ‘lovely’ are still considered acceptable, according to a new survey by domain website siteopia.com

The Americanised terms of ‘Baby Girl’ and ‘Baby Doll’ don’t seem to wash with Brits and make the most-hated list, but modern pet names like ‘Babycakes’ and ‘Sexy Pants’ will also backfire.

Just one in five Brits actually calls their partner by their full name most of the time, with the same number reserving a private nickname they use when it’s just the two of them.

And the men studied admitted they refer to their partner with names they would only use while she was out of earshot.

‘The Mrs’ or ‘The Wife’ are common terms still used by men today, while a sixth of men quietly refer to their partner as ‘The Boss’
‘Her indoors’ is a popular name for an absent wife or girlfriend, while a braver one in 14 refer use ‘The ball and chain’.

Three per cent of men polled admitted using the unflattering epithet ‘The Wicked Witch of the West’.

A softer one in ten blokes admitted they let their partner call them a soppy nickname that they would dread their mates ever finding out.

But one in ten Brits has been found out on a private nickname – 44 per cent used it accidentally when others were around, while friends accidentally reading private texts or cards brought it out in the open for three in ten.

Do you agree with the full list?

20 most hated
1. Babe
2. Sweet cheeks
3. Snookums
4. Baby doll
5. Baby girl
6. Muffin
7. Ducky
8. Baby cakes
9. Sexy pants
10. Pudding
11. Muffin
12. Angel pie
13. Pumpkin
14. Puppy
15. Sugar lips
16. Treacle
17. Baby
18. Pickle
19. Honeybun
20. Sugar pie

20 most acceptable
1. Gorgeous
2. Beautiful
3. Lovely
4. Love
5. Darling
6. Honey
7. Sexy
8. Angel
9. Dearest
10. Precious
11. Treasure
12. Snowflake
13. Blossom
14. Sweetie Pie
15. Sexy legs
16. Lover
17. Buttercup
18. Flower
19. Princess
20. Sweetness

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/womens-most-hated-pet-names/

Sexy legs? really?
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by parryon(f): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
muffins99: warning to all the ladies... as nice as it is that a guy calls you by pet names, make sure he doesn't do it all the time, particularly in the bedroom (or where-ever it is that you get your grove on). Why? because a pet name can cover the fact that he's forgot who he's with at that moment and so he cant accidentally call you by his 'other' woman's name i.e. he can't accidentally call you tina when your name is nkechi, shade or whatever!!! cheesy wink wink

Correct babe!!!! I am not ususally comfortable when a guy calls me by pet names all d time.my friend's boyfriend forgot her name because he is used to calling her pet names and ended up calling her Yvonne one day whereas her name is Sandra. So ladies don't get carried away by such pet names because most times they just don't wanna get caught calling u the name of d other chick.
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by dontador(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
parryon:

Correct babe!!!! I am not ususally comfortable when a guy calls me by pet names all d time.my friend's boyfriend forgot her name because he is used to calling her pet names and ended up calling her Yvonne one day whereas her name is Sandra. So ladies don't get carried away by such pet names because most times they just don't wanna get caught calling u the name of d other chick.
That guys memory has been by-passed.... How in the hell can a guy call her gf by anoda girl's name? Unless he's dreaming....
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by parryon(f): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
dontador: That guys memory has been by-passed.... How in the hell can a guy call her gf by anoda girl's name? Unless he's dreaming....

No he ain't dreaming. He is just a player. Plenty girlfriends dey worry d guy. So in order not to make a mistake he call all of them pet names so as not to get caught in d triangle of mistaken identity. But I guess he was meant to be found out d day he called my friend Yvonne instead of Sandra.
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by dontador(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
parryon:

No he ain't dreaming. He is just a player. Plenty girlfriends dey worry d guy. So in order not to make a mistake he call all of them pet names so as not to get caught in d triangle of mistaken identity. But I guess he was meant to be found out d day he called my friend Yvonne instead of Sandra.
Hmmmm.... Okies
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
freecocoa: undecided undecided
If I were your boyfriend I would call you "my cocoa choco" wink

Ammyng:

Sexy legs? really?
Do you like it? That name is meant for girls with hot legs, how hot are your legs?
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Sealeddeal(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
But that name,'angel' is meant for men.why is it in the list?
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2012
Thanks Mods for taking it to the front page wink
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by obailala(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2012
If all those names listed are hated by girls, wetin dem want us to call dem again naa?? undecided
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by ocee31(m): 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
slimyem: op,those pet names you listed are nice compared to the one my naija brothers call women..
Names like..
-sweet potato..
-jollof rice..
-sugar banana..
-sherikoko..
. My potato chips, sugar pie
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by mallorca(m): 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
onila:

I like when guys call me BIT.CH! its kind of gangstar smiley

aggressive sexiness kiss
Bit.ch grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Limaoscar: 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
i know about ma cherie or mon cherie as my dear or my darling as the case may be...but i've never really gotten the coco part.
Besides,my naija brothers nor dey pronounce am as cherie coco...they pronounce it as i wrote it..sherikoko!

You are spot on bro we actually pronounce it as "Sherikoko"...it's from an old Musical sound...one of those old highlife tunes by some Naija musician from the 60s. We had the music at our home in the days of turn-tablegrin

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by muffins99(f): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
parryon:

I hope your friend smashed his head to help jog his memory..after that, i'm sure that he'll never ever forget her name again grin grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Habeebpain(m): 12:06am On Sep 05, 2012
I heard Toyin Tomato is a very sexy name for girls that are fair skinned, plump and bear the name Toyin.
Suara things. O father O daughter. Super story.
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by malaria(f): 2:25am On Sep 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i am surprised that "B.ITCH" is in none of these list......... now we all know that many girl's pet name is B I T C H, as in:"B.itch is my food ready?!
BI t c h as in Babe In Total Control of Herself.
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Bluemoon1(f): 2:30am On Sep 05, 2012
I don't like
Mummy

i love

Nke m chai!!! e dey sweet me
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by malaria(f): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2012
NobleAngell: He calls me Sunshine, and i luv it. But i hate it wen he calls me his '1st lady', makes me fil lyk he is callin me Patience Jonathan! lipsrsealed
Lwkmd@my first lady. chick he is not Gudluck nah
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by malaria(f): 2:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Shaw007: hahaha. . NO WAY
jollof rice?? Really??grin
U dey doubt am . U neva hear flavor n'abania Oyi na atu m
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by malaria(f): 2:40am On Sep 05, 2012
deolub: This thread is becoming interesting no be small....I really think Its not a bad Idea calling your babe
"My Jollof Rice" or "Tomato Jos"
Eeekwa, call Baeebi Oku join nah
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Shaw007(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2012
malaria:
U dey doubt am . U neva hear flavor n'abania Oyi na atu m
yeah but i must av missed it dear
but i knw of tomato jos,dat guy must av been high on some expensive crackgrin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by eehweezzy(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2012
i call mine shawty or flawless.i tink she kinda gets hor.ney wen i cal her........n she is like oh oh cal dt again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Way To Deal With Angry Moments As A Man (Opinion) / Engagement: How Do I Ask Her Of Her Ring Size??? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.