Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity (20615 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

Jesus is not YAHWEH, you are sorely deceived.

Oh , lest I forget , let me repeat what has been said a 'million' times and over, God's name is not I AM.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Jesus Has the Names of God

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Kurios.

The New Testament Greek equivalent of the Old Testament Hebrew name Yahweh is Kurios. Used of God, Kurios carries the idea of a sovereign being who exercises absolute authority. The word is translated Lord in English translations of the Bible.

To an early Christian accustomed to reading the Old Testament, the word Lord, when used of Jesus, would point to His identification with the God of the Old Testament (Yahweh). Hence, the affirmation that "Jesus is Lord" (Kurios) in the New Testament constitutes a clear affirmation that Jesus is Yahweh, as is the case in passages like Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 12:3, and Philippians 2:5–11.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/is-jesus-god
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2012
aletheia:
I have not even started quoting the relevant verses in Job. . .yet. The reference given by Olaadegbu is one of them. And it is obvious you have not understood what this words mean: For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.

1. This verse shows the pre-Incarnate existence of Christ.
2. It also shows that the redeemer is God Himself.

You string together verses and yet do not understand what they are telling you: e.g.
I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

You dishonestly highlighted the first part "I will send my messenger" of verse 1 and "But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?", the beginning of verse 2. Whereas the subject of the part "But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?" is actually this part of verse 1: the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,
That is the one whose coming is referred to in verse 2 not the messenger who will prepare the way.

What is clear here in Malachi is that the Lord Almighty Himself is speaking and he says:
1. He will send his messenger who will prepare the way before me. What do the words "before me" tell you?
2. The Lord Himself will come to his temple. The Lord who comes to his temple is the messenger of the covenant.

The identity of the messenger who prepares the way in Malachi 3:1 is clear, identified and established without equivocation by none other than Jesus Christ Himself:
This is he, of whom it is written, [u]Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luk 7:27

And the identity of the Lord in Malachi 3:1-3 is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

The evidence for the deity of Jesus abounds in nearly all books of the bible but your perception filters cloud your vision and prevent you from seeing them.

is this simulteniouse equation that you are solving?

Lol.

Job talked about the time he will be resurrected by Jesus a messenger of Yahweh.

Infact you are inputing wrong ideas into those scriptures, the scriptures does not need your help, just allow the scriptures to speak for itself.

You mixed alot of things up that are unrelated.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
truthislight:
is this simulteniouse equation that you are solving?
Lol.
Job talked about the time he will be resurrected by Jesus a messenger of Yahweh.
Infact you are inputing wrong ideas into those scriptures, the scriptures does not need your help, just allow the scriptures to speak for itself.
You mixed alot of things up that are unrelated.

So you don't understand these words: "yet in my flesh shall I see God."?

And you are silent after your dishonest twisting of Malachi 3:1-3.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:
Man + spirit = Soul
Man - spirit = DEAD
^
Wrong. . .these words of Jesus show that the soul is separate and differentiated from the body.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 10:28

It says "both soul and body"
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
aletheia:
^
Wrong. . .these words of Jesus show that the soul is separate and differentiated from the body.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1. The Body dead = Physical Death or sleep , obviously the man is not a living soul at this point.
2. The Soul dead = Second and final death

The Body dies and this is a physical death which is why Jesus said do not fear those who can kill the body.

However at the resurrection , when the spirit of God will be put back into this body for judgement, this body shall become a living soul once more, and if found guilty will be sentenced to eternal irreversible death.

This is why the bible says the soul that sins shall die and of course this is the second death , the last and final everlasting punishment.

New International Version (©1984)
the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being - Genesis 2:7

Man is a soul ONLY because he has the spirit or breath/wind of God in his body.

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:
Jesus is referred to as Lord and not God in this quoted scripture , so you got this one right and at least this proves that this verse cannot be used to support the doctrine of Trinity.
Jesus is referred to as Lord in many scriptures.

frosbel:
Somebody is speaking , guess who it is , Lord Almighty God or Jehovah.
^
I guess you don't read others' posts:
aletheia:
What is clear here in Malachi is that the Lord Almighty Himself is speaking. . .

frosbel:
2 statements were made here .
1. I am sending my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me - John the baptist
2. Then the Lord you are seeking will suddenly come to his Temple. - Jesus Christ
^
I guess you don't read others' posts:
aletheia:
1. He will send his messenger "who will prepare the way before me". What do the words "before me" tell you?
2. The Lord Himself will come to his temple. The Lord who comes to his temple is the messenger of the covenant.

The identity of the messenger who prepares the way in Malachi 3:1 is clear, identified and established without equivocation by none other than Jesus Christ Himself:
This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luk 7:27

And the identity of the Lord in Malachi 3:1-3 is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

frosbel:
If you had taken the time to check a lexicon rather than jump to conclusions as you are apt to do , maybe you would have noticed that the 2 Lords mentioned represent two distinct titles
^
So now you appeal to a lexicon? Aren't you just the hypocrite?

frosbel:
The first Lord which refers to Christ. . .
^
This a rather lame explanation. The Almighty is also referred to as "'adown aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}" in several OT scriptures. For example in Micah 4:13 both adown aw-done and Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw appear. Does the adown aw-done here refer to any other than Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw

In the OT where context shows that the Person in consideration is Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw, adown aw-done refers to Him.

So I repeat the question I asked you comrade in the post that you are responding to:
aletheia:
1. He will send his messenger "who will prepare the way before me". [size=14pt]What do the words "before me" tell you?[/size]
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
Jesus is referred to as Lord in many scriptures.

And ?

^
So now you appeal to a lexicon? Aren't you just the hypocrite?

one of your tantrums in action, watch your health, permanent anger can be bad for you.

^
This a rather lame explanation. The Almighty is also referred to as "'adown aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}" in several OT scriptures. For example in Micah 4:13 both adown aw-done and Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw appear. Does the adown aw-done here refer to any other than Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw

In the OT where context shows that the Person in consideration is Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw, adown aw-done refers to Him.

So I repeat the question I asked you comrade in the post that you are responding to:

Deceptive nonsense, I carefully took the time to point by point tear your incorrect commentary on Malachi 1:1-3 to shreds, and you have now jumped to Malachi 4:13, stop being a grasshopper mind, let us complete these points one by one.

I coin a new term and it is called TCGD, Trinity confusion guaranteed disorder.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:
The Body dies and this is a physical death which is why Jesus said do not fear those who can kill the body.

However at the resurrection , when the spirit of God will be put back into this body for judgement, this body shall become a living soul once more, and if found guilty will be sentenced to eternal irreversible death.

This is why the bible says the soul that sins shall die and of course this is the second death , the last and final everlasting punishment.
. . .
Man is a soul ONLY because he has the spirit or breath/wind of God in his body.
^
See how you are gyrating all over the place just to try and fit the simple words of Jesus "both soul and body", into your confused doctrinal view. Let's subject your post to simple logic.
Both implies "two", it 's really all simple arithmetic.
1. Body + Soul = both Body and Soul
2. The Body can be killed by men, but the Soul cannot be killed by men.
3. When the Body dies, what happens to the Soul? According to you the Soul dies when the Body dies, because. . .
4. If the soul ceases to exist then it means the soul is dead, whether at the physical death or at the judgement, it makes no difference because it has ceased to exist in both cases.

(If you think about what you have written above): your words imply that there is no difference between when the body dies (physical death) and "eternal irreversible death".

. . .but Jesus Christ clearly teaches us the opposite of what you write: which is there is a difference between the physical (First) death and the second Death.

aletheia:
. . .these words of Jesus show that the soul is separate and differentiated from the body.

And note how this verse references soul, spirit and "body":
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:12
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
aletheia:
^
See how you are gyrating all over the place just to try and fit the simple words of Jesus "both soul and body", into your confused doctrinal view. Let's subject your post to simple logic.
3. When the Body dies, what happens to the Soul? According to you the Soul dies when the Body dies, because. . .
4. If the soul ceases to exist then it means the soul is dead, whether at the physical death or at the judgement, it makes no difference because it has ceased to exist in both cases.

(If you think about what you have written above): your words imply that there is no difference between when the body dies (physical death) and "eternal irreversible death".

. . .but Jesus Christ clearly teaches us the opposite of what you write: which is there is a difference between the physical (First) death and the second Death.

Again, Jesus never made any clear cut comment to suggest rather erroneously that when we die, our soul separates from the body. If he did , can you kindly show me where.

All we know throughout scripture, is that when people died, they gave up their ghost or spirit which is the God given breath.

You are actually and unknowingly if I may add teaching platonic doctrines of the immortal soul , it has nothing to do with Jesus.

I stand by my earlier comment.

Plato's tripartite theory of soul is a theory of soul proposed by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato in his treatise the Republic. In it, Plato argues that the soul is composed of three parts: the appetitive, the rational, and the spirited. These three parts of the soul also correspond to the three classes of a just society.[1] Individual justice consists in maintaining these three parts in the correct balance, where reason (aided by spirit) rules, and appetite obeys - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato's_tripartite_theory_of_soul

Together with the Trinity and eternal torment, you will be shocked at how close the brand of Christianity you practise is to Gnosticism than Christ.

Think about it.

And note how this verse references soul, spirit and "body":
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:12

spirit and soul is a plain statement, no ? This Word can divide the Soul from the spirit ( God's life in us ) and the Joints and marrow , how on earth can you use this clear statement to deduct the three part man

Mate , be careful of your theology, it is scary !!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel: one of your tantrums in action, watch your health, permanent anger can be bad for you.
Your post is disjointed and chaotic in terms of organization. Why is it that you are most coherent only when you are cutting-and-pasting others' articles?
I repeat. . .you are a hypocrite. You appealed to the Hebrew lexicon and yet when others do so you accuse them of trying to appear "a step above the others intellectually." Your own words indict you --- self-righteous Pharisee:
frosbel:
A copy and paste Job with the intention of appearing a step above the rest intellectually grin grin

frosbel:
Deceptive nonsense, I carefully took the time to point by point tear your incorrect commentary on Malachi 1:1-3 to shreds, and you have now jumped to Malachi 4:13, stop being a grasshopper mind, let us complete these points one by one.
You are dishonest and lazy. . .hence you avoid the main issue raised and go after red herrings. Typical debating tactic! The main thrust of your argument is simply that in Malachi 3:1-3 since adon clearly refers to Jesus Christ, it cannot then be referring to Jehovah. I simply pointed out to you and others who may be reading that adon is used of Jehovah several times in the OT, even providing an example from Micah (or don't you understand what the words "for example" in my post mean?).
aletheia:

Obviously you are afraid of what the scriptures clearly say. . .and we are at liberty to quote from Genesis to Revelation for the whole scriptures testify of Jesus.

Tell us frosbel in Isa 6:1. . .which Lord is sitting on the throne?
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isa 6:1

I repeat my question to you:
aletheia:
1. He will send his messenger "who will prepare the way before me". [size=14pt]What do the words "before me" tell you?[/size]

. . .but of course you will go haring off at another tangent since you wont be able to find an article to cut-and-paste in response
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]

You are dishonest and lazy. . .hence you avoid the main issue raised and go after red herrings. Typical debating tactic! The main thrust of your argument is simply that in Malachi 3:1-3 since adon clearly refers to Jesus Christ, it cannot then be referring to Jehovah. I simply pointed out to you and others who may be reading that adon is used of Jehovah several times in the OT, even providing an example from Micah (or don't you understand what the words "for example" in my post mean?).

Without getting dragged into your mindset, let me simply say that Malachi3:1-3 is talking of 3 distinct persons.

Lord or Adon - Christ
Lord or Yahweh - Almighty God
Messenger - John the baptiser.

You are grasping and gasping for answers to back up your trinity dogma, alas, you are standing on quick sand because rather than support this pagan concept , the bible actually rebukes it.

Obviously you are afraid of what the scriptures clearly say. . .and we are at liberty to quote from Genesis to Revelation for the whole scriptures testify of Jesus.

I have quoted hundreds of verses, as usual with your grasshopper attitude you refuse to address them, instead you take 1 verse here and 1 there and jump back in to claim victory grin

Fail again !!

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

God of course, Yahweh, no ?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:
Again, Jesus never made any clear cut comment to suggest rather erroneously that when we die, our soul separates from the body. If he did , can you kindly show me where.
^
Really? Matt 10:28 and that one that you dislike so much, Luke 16. grin
aletheia:

frosbel:
Plato's tripartite theory of soul is a theory of soul proposed by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato in his treatise the Republic. In it, Plato argues that the soul is composed of three parts: the appetitive, the rational, and the spirited. These three parts of the soul also correspond to the three classes of a just society.[1] Individual justice consists in maintaining these three parts in the correct balance, where reason (aided by spirit) rules, and appetite obeys - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato's_tripartite_theory_of_soul
Tangential and of no bearing. So which part of Man is appetitive, rational and spirited? Why don't you tell us then? I get a sense you are only just repeating something barely understood. This has no bearing whatsoever to what is taught in the Bible.

frosbel:
Together with the Trinity and eternal torment, you will be shocked at how close the brand of Christianity you practise is to Gnosticism than Christ.

Think about it.
Gnosticism considers the body to be evil, that the universe was created by a demiurge and that God is so far removed as to be almost unknowable. . .and that Christ was an emanation from God.

The irony is that you are closer than I to gnosticism by holding in your confused views that "Jesus is a mighty god" through whom God created the world. . .and that God could not have taken on flesh and become a man.

On just this point did the Gnostics flounder. . .that God became a man.
You bandy terms you probably don't understand. Go back and study more. Begin with the Bible.

frosbel:
spirit and soul is a plain statement, no ? This Word can divide the Soul from the spirit ( God's life in us ) and the Joints and marrow , how on earth can you use this clear statement to deduct the three part man
How about joints and marrow. You no see that one?

frosbel:
Mate , be careful of your theology, it is scary !!
Scary to you.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel: I have quoted hundreds of verses, as usual with your grasshopper attitude you refuse to address them, instead you take 1 verse here and 1 there and jump back in to claim victory grin

Below is the post in question. Show me the "hundreds of verses". You quoted from a lexicon.

frosbel:
Jesus is referred to as Lord and not God in this quoted scripture , so you got this one right and at least this proves that this verse cannot be used to support the doctrine of Trinity.
Somebody is speaking , guess who it is , Lord Almighty God or Jehovah.
2 statements were made here .
1. I am sending my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me - John the baptist
2. Then the Lord you are seeking will suddenly come to his Temple. - Jesus Christ

If you had taken the time to check a lexicon rather than jump to conclusions as you are apt to do , maybe you would have noticed that the 2 Lords mentioned represent two distinct titles

The first Lord which refers to Christ means :

הָאָדֹ֣ון

113 'adown aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}; from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):-- lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-".

The second Lord who was speaking refer to Almighty God and means :

יְהוָ֥ה

3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare 3050, 3069.

Judges , rulers and kings were referred to as Lords in the bible, so the presence of Lord in scripture is not an indication that the person referred to is God or Christ.

When I have some time today, I will dissect the logic of your other comment.

Stop being dishonest about "hundreds of verses". Your mindset is quite telling. . .that you see this as a contest wherein one "claims victory". How sad.

frosbel: God of course, Yahweh, no ?
And does the verse use the word adon or Jehovah? Which one is used here?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
aletheia:

Below is the post in question. Show me the "hundreds of verses". You quoted from a lexicon.

100s of verses from all the articles raised on this topic I meant in case you did not get it.

God is ONE Pal, not 3.

If you believe in a 3-god god , you might as well start worshiping idols, no difference.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
^
Really? Matt 10:28 and that one that you dislike so much, Luke 16. grin

I have debunked Matt 10:28 , Luke 16 is a Parable and has also been rebuffed multiple times, while you are at it , what is the rich man's name grin

Tangential and of no bearing. So which part of Man is appetitive, rational and spirited? Why don't you tell us then? I get a sense you are only just repeating something barely understood. This has no bearing whatsoever to what is taught in the Bible.

Read the source again and do some research especially around the concept of an immortal soul, don't forget to add the Plato suffix at the end of your search. wink

Gnosticism considers the body to be evil, that the universe was created by a demiurge and that God is so far removed as to be almost unknowable. . .and that Christ was an emanation from God.

The bolded is exactly what the Trinity is , now you know where the mysterious madness called Trinity came from.

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
aletheia:
Your post is disjointed and chaotic in terms of organization. Why is it that you are most coherent only when you are cutting-and-pasting others' articles?
I repeat. . .you are a hypocrite. You appealed to the Hebrew lexicon and yet when others do so you accuse them of trying to appear "a step above the others intellectually." Your own words indict you --- self-righteous Pharisee:

I repeat my question to you:

. . .but of course you will go haring off at another tangent since you wont be able to find an article to cut-and-paste in response

RCC has got you even the more confuse by the removal of God name from the bible.

Isaiah 6:1 refers to Yahweh, but since you are lost you will be shouting lord lord without direction.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2012

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Elohim.

Elohim is a Hebrew name that is used of God 2,570 times in the Old Testament. The name literally means "strong one," and its plural ending (im in Hebrew) indicates fullness of power. Elohim is portrayed in the Old Testament as the powerful and sovereign governor of the universe, ruling over the affairs of humankind.

Jesus is recognised as both Yahweh and Elohim in the prophecy in Isaiah 40:3:

"Prepare the way of the Lord [Yahweh]; make straight in the desert a highway for our God [Elohim]."

This verse was written in reference to John the Baptist preparing for the coming of Christ (as confirmed in John 1:23) and represents one of the strongest affirmations of Christ's deity in the Old Testament. In Isaiah 9:6, we likewise read a prophecy of Christ with a singular variant (El) of Elohim:

"And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God [El], Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2012

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Theos.

The New Testament Greek word for God, Theos, is the corresponding parallel to the Old Testament Hebrew term Elohim. A well-known example of Christ being addressed as God (Theos) is found in the story of "doubting Thomas" in John 20. In this passage, Thomas witnesses the resurrected Christ and worshipfully responds: "My Lord and my God [Theos]" (John 20:28 ).

Jesus is called Theos throughout the rest of the New Testament. For example, when a jailer asked Paul and Silas how to be saved, they responded: "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household" (Acts 16:31). After the jailer believed and became saved, he "rejoiced, having believed in God [Theos] with all his household" (verse 34). Believing in Christ and believing in God are seen as identical acts.

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2012
To believe in the Trinity makes you a Polytheist.

Hear O Israel , the LORD is ONE.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2012
Redeemer by Nicole Mullen with Lyrics (I Know My Redeemer Lives)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXBAR5-EHVM

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
and Who told the ocean you can only come this far?
and Who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Well I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives:
All of creation testify
This life within me cries
I know my Redeemer lives, yeah.

The very same God that spins things in orbit
He runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory

Now I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Let all creations testify
Let this life within me cry
I know my Redeemer, He lives
To take away my shame
And He lives forever, I'll proclaim

That the payment for my sin
Was the precious life He gave
But now He's alive and
There's an empty grave.

And I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Let all creations testify
Let this life within me cry
I know my Redeemer,

I know my Redeemer
I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
I know that I know that I know that I know that I know my redeemer lives
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
I Know I know
He lives He lives yeah, yeah I spoke with him this morning
He lives He lives, the tomb is empty,
He lives I gotta tell everybody

He lives!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by aletheia(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel: . . .God is so far removed as to be almost unknowable. . .is exactly what the Trinity is , now you know where the mysterious madness called Trinity came from.

Your confusion and trajectory is evident. Clearly you don't know what you believe any more. Poor frosbel, having taken on atheists and Muslims in debate from a faulty foundation, they so ran riot over you and sowed seeds of doubt, that your overcompensation for your secret doubts is plain to see. Need I remind you again:
A fanatic is a man who consciously over compensates a secret doubt.

Even in the very presence of the Risen Lord Jesus --- it is written that some doubted like you. But we who did not see and believe that Jesus is he are indeed blessed.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Joh 20:28-29

In your peregrinations and tempestuous wanderings, you did not see Thomas' confession?

So you say: "God is so far removed as to be almost unknowable is exactly what the Trinity is. . .

But plainly this is not true for it is established that:
1. In the beginning was the Word.
2. The Word was with God
3. The Word was God.
4. The Word became flesh.
5. In Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily
6. He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father.

So indeed the historical truth of the faith delivered to the saints is that God revealed Himself to His children through Jesus Christ of Nazareth who is God manifest in the flesh. You are right in using the word mystery though it is unfortunate that you blaspheme by conjoining it with the word madness. Only God can help you,; turn to him in repentance, but will your self-righteous pride allow you?

Your contradictory beliefs are actually neo-Platonism and Gnosticism repackaged. . .though you tried to deflect attention by claiming that it is us not you who are gnostics. Here are two key beliefs of yours:
1. Frosbel believes that Jesus is a mighty god.
One such Gnostic, Cerinthus, took the teachings of pagan Gnosticism and mixed them with Christianity. Cerinthus also proclaimed that "Christ" was the aeon (a lesser god) who made the earth
Of course seeing as you cannot deny or remove even from the watered down bible translations all scriptures that show the Deity of Jesus, you resort to playing footloose with words in order to try to square the circle. Now we know plainly from scripture that there is only One True God. . .meaning that any so-called lesser or other god is a false god. . .thus you try to undermine Jesus to a rank of false god.

So it is seen just exactly the gnostic root of your "Jesus is a mighty god" belief.

2. Frosbel believes that the Word of God in John 1.1 was just a notion, a plan or a thought which only took on embodiment when Jesus was born
In this you echo the neo-Platonists concept of nous:
Demiurge or Nous

The original Being initially emanates, or throws out, the nous, which is a perfect image of the One and the archetype of all existing things. It is simultaneously both being and thought, idea and ideal world. As image, the nous corresponds perfectly to the One, but as derivative, it is entirely different. What Plotinus understands by the nous is the highest sphere accessible to the human mind, while also being pure intellect itself. As nous is the most critical component of idealism, Neoplatonism being a pure form of idealism.[10][11] The demiurge (the nous) is the energy, or ergon (does the work), that manifests or organizes the material world into perceivability.

Readers can judge therefore between you and I whose stated beliefs are Gnostic &c.

To my brothers in Christ, consider and remember this words:

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:2-6
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=aletheia].

Your confusion and trajectory is evident. Clearly you don't know what you believe any more. Poor frosbel, having taken on atheists and Muslims in debate from a faulty foundation, they so ran riot over you and sowed seeds of doubt, that your overcompensation for your secret doubts is plain to see. Need I remind you again:

I thank all Muslims including my brothers Sweetnecta, Lagosshia , tbaba and co , for their useful discussions and constant yelling of GOD is ONE . Yes I now know that GOD is ONE.

Even in the very presence of the Risen Lord Jesus --- it is written that some doubted like you. But we who did not see and believe that Jesus is he are indeed blessed.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Scripture twister you are, Thomas doubted that Jesus had risen from the dead not because he ever thought Jesus was Yahweh.

So you say: "God is so far removed as to be almost unknowable is exactly what the Trinity is. . .

But this is precisely the implication of your statements and belief.

If God is knowable as I know he is, then the Trinity is gibberish. 3 persons cannot be 1 Person.

2. The Word was with God
3. The Word was God.

Calm down Bro, a WORD is not a person , common sense , no ?

God's plan , the embodiment of his will and purpose throughout the ages , the fulfilment of all the prophesies about the messiah , all came to past in the manifestation of Christ.

In other words, the entire bible from Genesis to Malachi was about the coming of Christ as an exact representation of God in likeness, imagery and character.

God's WORD ,his precious WORD was fulfilled in Christ, it was made FLESH .

Again a WORD is not a BEING, stop confusing issues here.

Finally , he who has seen the Son has seen the Father is a common statement that is made on a daily basis, or like father like Son.

Jesus came to show us the Father ,and he did this by total submission to the Spirit of GOD thereby allowing God express himself fully and without measure through Christ , thus revealing himself to mankind perfectly.

So indeed the historical truth of the faith delivered to the saints is that God revealed Himself to His children through Jesus Christ of Nazareth who is God manifest in the flesh. You are right in using the word mystery though it is unfortunate that you blaspheme by conjoining it with the word madness. Only God can help you,; turn to him in repentance, but will your self-righteous pride allow you?

The Trinity is madness, sorry , this is just truth.

A mystery is only a mystery when it has not been revealed, it has now been revealed and we all know the truth.

Your contradictory beliefs are actually neo-Platonism and Gnosticism repackaged. . .though you tried to deflect attention by claiming that it is us not you who are gnostics. Here are two key beliefs of yours:

Yes I do, just like I believe Nimrod was a mighty hunter, or that the judges of Israel were gods etc .

Of course seeing as you cannot deny or remove even from the watered down bible translations all scriptures that show the Deity of Jesus, you resort to playing footloose with words in order to try to square the circle. Now we know plainly from scripture that there is only One True God. . .meaning that any so-called lesser or other god is a false god. . .thus you try to undermine Jesus to a rank of false god.

Jesus is not Almighty God, it is as simple as that. I truly believe you don't get it because you are fearful of doing otherwise, however fact and truth must supercede feelings
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
aletheia: .

In your peregrinations and tempestuous wanderings, you did not see Thomas' confession?

2. The Word was with God
3. The Word was God.

So it is seen just exactly the gnostic root of your "Jesus is a mighty god" belief.

2. Frosbel believes that the Word of God in John 1.1 was just a notion, a plan or a thought which only took on embodiment when Jesus was born
In this you echo the neo-Platonists concept of nous:

Readers can judge therefore between you and I whose stated beliefs are Gnostic &c.

To my brothers in Christ, consider and remember this words:

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:2-6

God bless you, brother.

I think though that in lifting his voice against the Holy Spirit, frosbel crossed the line. I think that all we're seeing now is evidence of a hardened heart. I really doubt that he can claim ignorance anymore. I remember that on the thread where he attacked the Holy Spirit's Person, I told him the implications of his actions and his response indicated a yet-abiding consciousness of the Personality of the Spirit of Grace Whom he was insulting.

I do not want to be right. But I wonder if there is truly any other explanation for his continuing attack on the Lord and the Lord's Family.

I find it necessary to point out something that recent experience taught me. It is that it is just one step from claiming enough knowledge to correct the Church as a whole to raising one's voice against the One Whose responsibility is to teach and guide the Church. This is a grave position from which the Lord in great mercy rescued me.

The advent of frosbel teaches that we are limited in possession of the Spirit and must remain conscious of the fact. Only One is given the Spirit without measure, and He is Jesus Christ. The rest of us possess the Spirit in measure and therefore can only come into the fullness together with all the saints, not alone.

The instant we begin to throw off the necessity we have for other believers, to learn through them as well, we begin frosbel's journey.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

The advent of frosbel teaches that we are limited in possession of the Spirit and must remain conscious of the fact. Only One is given the Spirit without measure, and He is Jesus Christ. The rest of us possess the Spirit in measure and therefore can only come into the fullness together with all the saints, not alone.

The instant we begin to throw off the necessity we have for other believers, to learn through them as well, we begin frosbel's journey.

Appears you have comprehension issues as well.

We can all be filled with the full measure of the spirit , this is a command not a maybe.

Lying to make a point appears to be a pattern with you these days, but hey what is new, you have run out of points to make a contrary case for the nonsense called Trinity.

The Holy Spirit , God's Spirit I revere and tremble before, this is GOD himself.

As for your third god person in a Trinity , I say whatever.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2012
That's My King! Do you know Him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDvmKHK2QY
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Daily Manna

A Perfect Unity

TEXT: JOHN 5:17-31

"Then Jesus answered and said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner" (John 5:19).

It is common knowledge that most people believe in the existence of God. They differ however in the mode of fellowship with Him. While some worship inanimate objects, others commune with either angels or notable old testament characters. But the scripture is clear in that God gave His only begotten Son (Jesus).

Our text reveals a deep truth in the relationship between God and Jesus Christ. The divine Father - Son relationship is a perfect model of unity in plurality of persons. Jesus claims equality with God in works, resurrection power, judgment, honour, giving eternal life, self-existence, deed and power over death and destiny. As God has made all things including the Sabbath, so is Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath. God has committed all things into the hands of Jesus. Why then would men confess the power of God and yet deny Christ, His Son? The Scriptures say unto Him belong all power; authority and dominion. It would not be logical to confess the power of God and at the same time disregard the Lordship of Christ, who is the power of God unto salvation. God has given us His Son Jesus, that all things may be done and fulfilled through Him. He manifests the mercy, love, righteousness, justice and nature of God. Our aspirations can then be fulfilled in Him because the Father "sheweth Him all things that Himself doeth . . ." (vs. 20).

The spiritually dead in sin can receive life because Christ has life to give. Those who hear His voice and receive Him are translated from the depth of sin to the life of righteousness. They face no more condemnation but everlasting life. Let us live to honour Christ and not despise Him. We are called to keep His commandment and do His will. To despise Him is to reject God. The Psalmist affirms in Psalm 9:17 "The wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God." It is time to accept Him as the Son of God.

Thought for the day: "Knowing God is believing in Christ Jesus"

For Details . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
Names of our Lord Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIKvwj9WiE
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
The Law of Non-Contradiction and the Trinity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreSbagj_RM

Ravi Zacharias addresses a packed audience at Penn State University and answers a question about the law of non-contradiction and the Trinity
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

"Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / "Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.