Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity (20614 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2012
R.C. Sproul explaining the Trinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBiWLlaU8M
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
appears this trinity bogus doctrine is so easy to understand , hence we need a plethora of teachers, books, courses and seminars to explain it !!

So much for the simplicity of scripture !
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
frosbel: appears this trinity bogus doctrine is so easy to understand , hence we need a plethora of teachers, books, courses and seminars to explain it !!

So much for the simplicity of scripture !

Just as it is difficult to describe colours to the born blind.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2012
The Mystery of Trinity - Monotheism - R C Sproul [Lecture 1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40m1KJkppC8

The Mystery of the Trinity

"Many of us, when asked about the Trinity, unknowingly offer heretical answers. Yet a proper understanding of this doctrine is essential to the health and welfare of the church.

In this series, Dr. R.C. Sproul gives a sweeping overview of this important doctrine, explaining difficult concepts, exploring biblical teaching, and defining what the term mystery means
."
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2012
I keep seeing the Mystery word everywhere, surely this cannot be of God.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." - Colossians 2:8
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Here is another powerful verse:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."(1 Timothy 3:16)

"God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit." "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and was "declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness" (Romans 1:4).

You can see here that this couplet relates Christ's human/divine nature. His humanity was evident to all and His divinity was declared through the Spirit.

"Without controversy great is the mystery of godliness".

Ask yourself this question: Who is still controversial as to whether Jesus is God in human form? undecided
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
^^^^^

No longer a mystery, the answer in the part b of the sentence.

He was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit." "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and was "declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness"

And it is all about the sacrificial death of Christ for the sins of mankind not for the comprehension of some mysterious dogma.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Horus(m): 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
In your Bible there are added verses to support your trinity theory. Christians claim that a trinity exists in the Bible, when it doesn’t. I repeat, yes, you can find the words “the father, the word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one” in 1 John 5:7-9 in any version of the Bible. However if you were to consult the original manuscript of the original Aramic or Syriac Bible, you would find that these words don’t exist and that they were added in. If your preacher, teacher, minister, pastor,deacon or any other religious leader really cared, he would take time out to research the original language, rather than rely on poor translations. If they knew how to translate from the original Syriac (Arabic) and Galilean Arabic, the verse 1 John 5:7 that you are familiar with today did not exist. Neither did it exist in the original Hebrew and Greek that were translated from these original languages. It wasn’t until the onset of the Roman Catholic Church that this distortion was made. The Roman Catholics inserted the trinity verse when they tranlated the bible from Greek to Latin. Notice I say “inserted” and not “translated” because, as I already said, the original Greek did not have this verse. However, you will find some Greek translations that have been translated from Latin or English, and it is in these Greek translations that you will find either the whole trinity verse or only a portion of it.

1 John 5:7 is surrounded in controversy because there are two versions of this verse. So-called scholars say the verse used in most bibles today is either not the original verse, or they say that it is only partially genuine. These so-called scholars continue to argue back and forth on this subject because they really don’t want to admit that the trinity really has no basis in the teachings of Jesus.

I will refer to the Holy Bible from Ancient Manuscripts by George M. Lamsa, which is a bible that is translated from the original Aramic or Syriac language :

6 This is he who came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ, not by water only, but by water and blood.
7 And the Spirit testifies that that very Spirit is the truth.
8 And there are three to bear witness, the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three are one.

When you read 1 John 5:7 in your standard bible, which in this case is the Ryrie Study Bible (King James Version). . . you will read this:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Do you see what happened?? . . . You will find that the original verse 5:7, has been actually pushed up to merge with verse 5:6.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel: ^^^^^

No longer a mystery, the answer in the part b of the sentence.

He was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit." "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and was "declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness"

And it is all about the sacrificial death of Christ for the sins of mankind not for the comprehension of some mysterious dogma.

The fact that you can't comprehend that God was manifested in the flesh is the reason why it is still mysterious to you. The Deity of Christ is not mysterious to those who have received the revelation by faith.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that you can't comprehend that God was manifested in the flesh is the reason why it is still mysterious to you. The Deity of Christ is not mysterious to those who has received the revelation by faith.

I can only comprehend what scripture says.

Scripture does not say that GOD jumped into an egg in Mary's womb, stayed there for 9 months idle and doing nothing, then grew up in a boy , again pretending to be human like us and then started his ministry at 30.

The truth is that God begat a SON , this is so simple to grasp that I am shocked why you do not get it.

God by his Spirit fertilised one of Mary's eggs directly and through his Spirit , she conceived and eventually gave birth to the SON of GOD.

You cannot beget an already existing being or person, it is madness to suggest otherwise . How can you beget a Son who is already a Son in another form

This is truly the antichrist spirit that says the Son of GOD did not come as a full human being, but was half-man and half-God, total heresy and from the father of LIEs.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Blind Hearts
September 19, 2012

"Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart." (Ephesians 4:18 ).

It is a tragedy for a person to have blinded eyes, but infinitely worse to have a blinded heart. No one ever willfully chooses to be sightless, but spiritual blindness is a product of the human will.

After Christ had given sight to the man born blind, the Pharisees still refused to believe, so Jesus said to them, "For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. . . . If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth" (John 9:39, 41).

Like these ancient intellectuals, it often seems that modern intellectuals are incurably blind. They profess to teach science and philosophy of the highest complexity, but their understanding is darkened and their hearts are blinded when it comes to the saving gospel of Jesus Christ. As Paul says: "If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Even very religious people, people who believe in God as Creator, may blind themselves when confronted with the truth that the Creator must also become their Saviour. "But their minds were blinded . . . even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart" (2 Corinthians 3:14-15).

Nevertheless, Christ came as "the light," and when anyone will simply in faith "turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:16), and the gospel will "shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4). HMM

For more . . . .

Could some people who consider themselves Christians today still be blind regarding the divine nature of God? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Could some people who consider themselves Christians today still be blind regarding the divine nature of God? Your guess is as good as mine.

God begat a SON.

God did not enter the womb of a woman and become a baby , otherwise we have to agree with the catholics that Mary is the mother of GOD.

But no, she was the mother of a MAN called Jesus whose father was GOD.

Stop your endless blasphemies !!!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
His Son's Name

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his Son's name, if thou canst tell" (Proverbs 30:4).

The obvious answer to these rhetorical questions must centre in God, the Creator of all things. But the fascinating revelation in this Old Testament passage is that God has a Son and that both have names.

When Moses asked God His name, "God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM . . . This is my name for ever" (Exodus 3:14-15). Later, Moses, in his song of deliverance said: "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name" (Exodus 15:3). The name Lord (Hebrew Jehovah or Yahweh) means, essentially, "I am, the self-existent one."

As far as His Son's name is concerned, it is revealed in Scripture in many ways. In the Old Testament prophecy, "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). How remarkable that a "Son is given" who is also named the mighty God and everlasting Father!

In His incarnation, the angel commanded Joseph, "Thou shalt call his name JESUS" ("Jehovah saves" ), but he also said, "They shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Matthew 1:21, 23).

There are many other titles by which the Son of God is identified, but perhaps the most significant are noted in connection with His final return in triumph. "His name is called The Word of God" (Revelation 19:13), identifying Him as both eternal Creator and incarnate Saviour (John 1:1-3, 14). As our eternal King, "he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" (Revelation 19:16). HMM

For more . . . .

The Jews also thought that Jesus Christ was speaking blasphemy when He said that He was the Son of God, they said He makes Himself to be God. What makes you different from the Pharisees and Sadducees?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Jews also thought that Jesus Christ was speaking blasphemy when He said that He was the Son of God, they said He makes Himself to be God. What makes you different from the Pharisees and Sadducees?

The Jews did not think he was GOD but a god.

Hence the following reaction and conclusion from Christ.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken--what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Always remember that the original languages were agnostic with regard to the capitalisation of letters , so don't go rushing off translating everywhere you see GOD to mean ONLY Yahweh , a typical case in point Hebrews 1:8.

Here we see :

1. They accused Jesus of making or equating himself to a god
2. Jesus responded , quite logically so , that in the ancient times the judges of Israel were also referred to as gods
3. And he was wondering why they were mad at him based on point 2.
4. He concluded by saying he was GOD's SON.

Look at point 4 carefully , this was the right time for Jesus to say 'I am GOD' , instead he said , 'I am the Son of God '.

My friend you have to start studying the bible for yourself and stop following false prophets , and parroting their gibberish !!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel:

The Jews did not think he was GOD but a god.

Hence the following reaction and conclusion from Christ.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken--what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Always remember that the original languages were agnostic with regard to the capitalisation of letters , so don't go rushing off translating everywhere you see GOD to mean ONLY Yahweh , a typical case in point Hebrews 1:8.

Here we see :

1. They accused Jesus of making or equating himself to a god
2. Jesus responded , quite logically so , that in the ancient times the judges of Israel were also referred to as gods
3. And he was wondering why they were mad at him based on point 2.
4. He concluded by saying he was GOD's SON.

Look at point 4 carefully , this was the right time for Jesus to say 'I am GOD' , instead he said , 'I am the Son of God '.

My friend you have to start studying the bible for yourself and stop following false prophets , and parroting their gibberish !!

Not so fast. Let's see the preceeding verses, the part you left out. You should know that a text without a context is a pretext.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do you stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that you, being a man, make yourself God." (John 10:27-33).

The Jews knew that Jesus meant that He was God when He said He was the Son of God, and for that meant reason they sought to stone Him according to the blasphemy law.

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^^

Could it be that you do not get it because your belief is hinged on tradition and not truth.

Why, am I surprised, seeing that you hold onto other various forms of false doctrines , which you keep spreading like a virus resulting in the prevention of people from coming into the kingdom of GOD.

GOD's word is TRUTH , not deeperlife man made doctrines !!

Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that." - Mark 7:13

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to - Matthew 23:13

Believing in a Trinity is Paganism !!

I believe in ONE true GOD , not a multiplication of Persons.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

Could it be that you do not get it because your belief is hinged on tradition and not truth.

Why, am I surprised, seeing that you hold onto other various forms of false doctrines , which you keep spreading like a virus resulting in the prevention of people from coming into the kingdom of GOD.

GOD's word is TRUTH , not deeperlife man made doctrines !!

Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that." - Mark 7:13

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to - Matthew 23:13

Believing in a Trinity is Paganism !!

I believe in ONE true GOD , not a multiplication of Persons.

grin You are not saying anything new afterall, the Jews said the same to our Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
Jesus And The Sons Of God

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." (Psalm 82:6)

This relatively little-known 82nd psalm is actually quite important. Both in this verse and in the first verse, a group of men are actually called "gods." The Hebrew word is elohim, which is almost always translated "God." (as, for example, in Genesis 1:1). It is a uniplural noun, however, with specific usage depending on context, sometimes referring also to angels or false gods, or even, as here, to human judges who act as God’s representatives in judicial decisions.

The Lord Jesus Himself indicated its importance when He cited it in defense of His own claim to be the Son of God. "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If He called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of Him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (John 10:34–36).

As the great Creator God sent His word into the world through human "gods," so He finally sent His living word into the world. The Lord Jesus had not only claimed to be the Son of God; He was the Son of God. He had repeatedly demonstrated this fact in both word and deed, but His enemies still arrogantly charged Him with blasphemy.

The final verse of Psalm 82 was addressed not to human "gods" but to God Himself. "Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations" (Psalm 82:8 ). This statement can be directed to none other than the Son of God Himself. "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22), "whom He hath appointed heir of all things" (Hebrews 1:2). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
The Mystery of Trinity - The Biblical Witness - R C Sproul [Lecture 2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md4cLMu9vGk

The Mystery of the Trinity

Many of us, when asked about the Trinity, unknowingly offer heretical answers. Yet a proper understanding of this doctrine is essential to the health and welfare of the church.

In this series, Dr. R.C. Sproul gives a sweeping overview of this important doctrine, explaining difficult concepts, exploring biblical teaching, and defining what the term mystery means.

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2012
The Mystery of Trinity - Early Controversies - R C Sproul [Lecture 3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZJKigh5Lkc
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2012
Babylon and Mystery are synonymous , hence the Mystery Babylon in scripture.

God is not a GOD of mystery but revelation.

"The name written on her forehead was a mystery: BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."- Revelation 17:5

Oh , by the way Mystery Babylon is the Catholic church from where you derive all your mysteries !!!!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
The Limited Knowledge of Jesus

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32)

This verse has always been difficult to understand. If Jesus was God, how could He be ignorant of the time of His second coming? Indeed He was, and is, God, but He also was, and is, man. This is a part of the mystery of the divine/human nature of Christ. In the gospel record, we see frequent evidences of His humanity (He grew weary, for example, and suffered pain), but also many evidences of deity (His virgin birth, His resurrection and ascension, as well as His perfect words and deeds).

He had been in glory with the Father from eternity (John 17:24), but when He became man, "in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren" (Hebrews 2:17), except for sin. As a child, He "increased in wisdom and stature" like any other human (Luke 2:52). Through diligent study (as a man), He acquired great wisdom in the Scriptures and the plan of God. After His baptism and the acknowledgment from heaven of His divine Sonship (e.g., Matthew 3:16-17), He increasingly manifested various aspects of His deity, but He still remained fully human.

With respect to the time of the end, this depends in some degree on human activity. For example, He said that "the gospel must first be published among all nations" (Mark 13:10), and only God the Father could foresee just when men will have accomplished this. Although the glorified Son presumably now shares this knowledge, in His self-imposed human limitations, He did not.

In no way does this compromise His deity. In our own finite humanity, we cannot comprehend fully the mystery of the divine/human nature of Christ, but He has given us more than sufficient reason to believe His Word! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^

So Jesus was half Man and half God ?

Lord forgive us for these blasphemies.

You mean the God part of JESUS was suspended for the duration of his existence on this earth.

Ok, GOD became a MAN and totally forgot about everything he knew because he was a MAN,

Paganism, that is what you guys are propagating.

Any spirit that does not confess that Jesus was a fully blown MAN , 100% flesh and bones is Antichrist.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by kolaoloye(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
frosbel: ^^

You mean the God part of JESUS was suspended for the duration of his existence on this earth.

Ok, GOD became a MAN and totally forgot about everything he knew because he was a MAN,

Any spirit that does not confess that Jesus was a fully blown MAN , 100% flesh and bones is Antichrist.
Amen
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Mystery of Trinity - The Biblical Witness - R C Sproul [Lecture 2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md4cLMu9vGk

This lecture throws up some interesting verses supporting the Deity of our Lord, Adonai, Jesus Christ.

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool" (Psalm 110:1)

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am"(John 8:58)

Here is Jesus' claim to eternality. He is here affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh. He is the great "I AM" - the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14).

R.C. Sproul talks about Jesus accepting the worship of Thomas when he said my Lord and my God and did not rebuke him for worshipping a man as the angels and apostles did. He also touched on the Baptism formula, "baptising in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"(Matthew 28:19).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made"(John 1:1-3).

R.C. Sproul, here points out the fact that the Word (Logos), is distinguished from God (The Father) at the same time the Word must be identified with God.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^

You are still clinging to this IDOL of yours.

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Mystery of the trinity.

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
frosbel: ^^

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity

Son of God/Son of Man

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew 8:20)

It is significant that although Christ clearly taught that He was the unique Son of God, He most frequently referred to Himself as Son of man, earnestly desiring that people understand His true and representative humanity.

The very first use of the phrase is in Psalm 8:4: "What is . . . the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Although David may have been thinking of all "sons of Adam" in general, the writer of Hebrews applied the passage specifically to Christ (Hebrews 2:6), "that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9). In order to save lost men, God in Christ had to become man through supernatural incarnation. Then, as perfect, sinless man, He could represent us before God, finally tasting death for every man.

The vital importance of the incarnation is affirmed by John: "Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God" (1 John 4:2-3). It is noteworthy that Satan and his evil spirits would recognise Christ as the Son of God (Matthew 4:3; 8:28-29), but never as the Son of man! This reluctance seems also to characterise all the occultic philosophies of the so-called "New Age" movement, as well as all ancient and modern pantheistic religions. They speak glibly of "the Christ" as a spirit which might come on many, but bitterly refuse to acknowledge that the man Jesus was actually the Son of man, God incarnate.

Finally, it is thrilling to realise that, although He only became the Son of man through His incarnation, He will always remain the Son of man! John saw Him in His glory--as we shall see Him in eternity--as "one like unto the Son of man" (Revelation 1:13; 14:14). HMM
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity

Actually the anti-Christ is the one who suggests that Jesus was not fully Human but a mythical 1/2 Man and 1/2 God.

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
frosbel:

Actually the anti-Christ is the one who suggests that Jesus was not fully Human but a mythical 1/2 Man and 1/2 God.

You think that part of John's letter needs correcting then?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^A half-God half-man entity is an impossibility. God is a full set of which man is a subset. If ever there is a God-man, that person would be fully God and fully man because what it takes for God to become man is essentially a concentrating of the full set in one subset.

If the subset is actually one because it contains a representation of all the elements present in the full set instead of because it contains a few elements that are found in it, then, it is possible for the full set to be concentrated in the subset without any loss of character for the subset.

But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Luke 12:50 KJV
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This lecture throws up some interesting verses supporting the Deity of our Lord, Adonai, Jesus Christ.

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool" (Psalm 110:1)

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am"(John 8:58)

Here is Jesus' claim to eternality. He is here affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh. He is the great "I AM" - the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14).

R.C. Sproul talks about Jesus accepting the worship of Thomas when he said my Lord and my God and did not rebuke him for worshipping a man as the angels and apostles did. He also touched on the Baptism formula, "baptising in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"(Matthew 28:19).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made"(John 1:1-3).

R.C. Sproul, here points out the fact that the Word (Logos), is distinguished from God (The Father) at the same time the Word must be identified with God.

Commentary expanding on Psalm 110:1

Psalm 110:1
110:1

LORD said unto my Lord. This verse means literally, "Jehovah said unto Adonai."

This is a remarkable conversation between two persons of the Godhead. This psalm is clearly a Messianic psalm, quoted as such at least twelve times in the New Testament. Note especially Matthew 22:43-45, where Christ specifically applies Psalm 110:1 to Himself, claiming that He is not just the son of David, but David’s Lord.

We can see the conversation between the God the Father and God the Son as is confirmed by our Lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Eminem Becomes A Born Again Christian / The Traitors Of Christianity / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.