Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity (20567 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
frosbel:

I know.

My understanding of your position is that Jesus was an angel , which is something I disagree with.

Let us use the other article to discuss.

Thank You

i dont think that micah 5:2 said anything about angel.

If you wish that we discuss about angel michael why not just opened a thread to that effect rather than tying it to my quoting of micah 5:2?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
truthislight:

i dont think that micah 5:2 said anything about angel.

If you wish that we discuss about angel michael why not just opened a thread to that effect rather than tying it to my quoting of micah 5:2?

I did my brother !
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
frosbel:

Wow !!!

This is your answer

God asked us to reason together with him, not just accept anything that is put out there as fact !

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. ................" - Isaiah 1:18a

Isaiah 41:21 "Present your case," says the LORD. "Set forth your arguments," says Jacob's King.

Even the Bereans checked up Paul's doctrines.

Acts 17:11 NIV
New International Version
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

But according to you and deeperlife , we should not check it up, we should just accept it because the church leaders said it , no ?

The church leaders just like the pope are infallible , they cannot err in doctrine , no ?

Are we not then following the commands of men, if we refuse to validate the claims of our creeds and church doctrines against biblical truth ?

"teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Matthew 15:9b

I asked you to tell us who was speaking in the passage I quoted and you went on a tangent totally evading the kweshun. Here is the passage again, tell us who you think was speaking there:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty . . . Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia . . . " (Rev. 1:8, 11).
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Fr0sbel: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I asked you to tell us who was speaking in the passage I quoted and you went on a tangent totally evading the kweshun. Here is the passage again, tell us who you think was speaking there:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty . . . Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia . . . " (Rev. 1:8, 11).

You ignored my own question , but I will humbly answer yours.

Let us start with verse 4 and 5a :

4 John,To the seven churches in the province of Asia:Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

1. Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come
2. and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead

Here we see a clear distinction made by John between our beloved Father who is, and who was, and who is to come and Jesus Christ our Lord faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead

Now let us moved to verse 5b to 7b

"To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever ! Amen.7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him,even those who pierced him”; "

1. Him who loved us and has freed us from our sins by his blood - This obviously refers to Lord Jesus
2. made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever

Here again we see a clear distinction between Father God Almighty and Lord Jesus Christ. God is even called the God of our Lord Jesus.

Finally to your point your verse quoted is not referring to Christ Jesus but Almighty GOD.

Compare 4a to 8a.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Please read the bible with your lenses and not that of deeper life.

Blessings.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Freksy(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fr0sbel:

4 John,To the seven churches in the province of Asia:Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

2. and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead

Here we see a clear distinction made by John between our beloved Father who is, and who was, and who is to come and Jesus Christ our Lord faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead

"To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever ! Amen.7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him,even those who pierced him”; "

1. Him who loved us and has freed us from our sins by his blood - This obviously refers to Lord Jesus
2. made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever

Here again we see a clear distinction between Father God Almighty and Lord Jesus Christ. God is even called the God of our Lord Jesus.

Finally to your point your verse quoted is not referring to Christ Jesus but Almighty GOD.

Compare 4a to 8a.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Blessings.

Good one!

Again, if you compare translations regarding verse 11, you will see that some translators, likely, were trinitarians.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Compare 4a to 8a.

Blessings.

The fact that JW's are supporting you is only making your case worse. You better learn from respectable bible scholars as in the commentary posted below:

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

1:8 Alpha and Omega. There are the first words actually spoken to John by the Lord on this great occasion. Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, the Lord thereby claiming that He embodies all language and, in fact, all reality. He is “the Word” (John 1:1), embodying “all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:3). He also claims to be the Eternal One and the Omnipotent One. A more definitive claim to absolute deity, made by the glorified Lord Jesus in reference to Himself, could hardly be imagined.

This verse confirms the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. You will only see it if you allow the Holy Spirit to interprete His Word to your teachable heart and then you will not fall into the hands of the wolves that parade themselves as bible teachers.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Compare 4a to 8a.

Blessings.

If I where you I will read this article to be sure that it does not apply to me. You said that you were a member of Deeper Life Bible Church for several years and you are spuewing this many errors since you left the church?

Those Who Depart
September 12, 2012

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us" (1 John 2:19).

One of the most hurtful experiences in the life of a Biblebelieving fellowship is when an ostensibly Christian leader, teacher, or pastor decides to abandon his faith and even to teach against it. This sort of thing does happen all too often, and it obviously raises difficult questions.

Can a true believer, a teacher of the Word, a soul-winner, actually lose his salvation? Can a born-again Christian go back and be unborn? Can one who has received everlasting life through faith in Christ not really have eternal life?

If so, what about the many promises which have assured us that "ye may know that ye have eternal life" (1 John 5:13) and that we "shall never perish" (John 10:28 )?

The answer to this vexing question is apparently in our text verse above. When such people, who once seemed to be genuine Christians become apostates, denouncing the truth they once taught, it is because "they were not of us" at all, no matter what they professed at one time.

This fact implies a sober warning. When professing Christians fall away, assuming they have truly understood the facts and evidences of the Christian faith, it is impossible "to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame" (Hebrews 6:6).

How important it is, therefore, for all professing believers to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10). We must be "rooted and built up in him" (Colossians 2:7), "ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3:15). HMM

For more . . . .

Meditate on the above article and allow the Holy Spirit to interprete it to you.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that JW's are supporting you is only making your case worse. You better learn from respectable bible scholars as in the commentary posted below:

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

This verse confirms the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. You will only see it if you allow the Holy Spirit to interprete His Word to your teachable heart and then you will not fall into the hands of the wolves that parade themselves as bible teachers.

Olaadegbu u are worshipping 3 Gods....refrain from it....its simple......!!!...

.....Worship Yahweh and live......don't u get it??

Nobody here on this forum is despising Jesus....

We revere Jesus and honour Him,but we simply can't literally worship because he is our high priest.....

There is some1 higher than Jesus ,and that person demands exclusive devotion.......

This is no JW issue....this is d bible talking...

It is ur kind that has welcomed the pagan triology to explain the 1 Yahweh Jesus, the Jews and d apostles all knew.......

It is ur kind who has put Jesus on a pedestal and forgotten about the person who sent Him...

Remember john 17:3 tells us that our gaining eternal life depends on knowing Yahweh and the 1 whom he sent..(JEsus)...

U are knowing only Jesus and forgetting Yahweh....

U had better retrace ur step...

Leave the trinity alone.....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If I where you I will read this article to be sure that it does not apply to me. You said that you were a member of Deeper Life Bible Church for several years and you are spuewing this many errors since you left the church?

I do not need Deeper life to know Lord Jesus, in fact Deeper life is an impediment to know the full counsel of GOD , because there are doctrines of men which members MUST adhere to or leave the fold.

And you are correct , I left Deeper life because I never belonged there, with all the control even down to the way one dresses little wonder many people are put off.

We have liberty in Jesus , not bondage, God gave each and every one of us brains to reason with not for fancy.

I stand on all the bible truths as stated in the bible not by the church creeds of deeper life .

Jesus is LORD and Yahweh is my GOD.

Amen.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Funny enough I do not believe ALL the JWs hold as doctrine , such as Jesus was an angel and all the blood transfusion stuff etc, but I can tell you that they have got many key doctrines right that some churches in their arrogance have missed.

So even though the word of GOD clearly states the facts I described in my previous post, you are still holding on to a false doctrine.

You might as well join the Catholics, you believe in about 60% of their false teachings.

My dear Pharisee brother , slow down, pride leads to more confusion.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Funny enough I do not believe ALL the JWs hold as doctrine , such as Jesus was an angel and all the blood transfusion stuff etc, but I can tell you that they have got many key doctrines right that some churches in their arrogance have missed.

So even though the word of GOD clearly states the facts I described in my previous post, you are still holding on to a false doctrine.

You might as well join the Catholics, you believe in about 60% of their false teachings.

My dear Pharisee brother , slow down, pride leads to more confusion.

Consider the biblical verses below:

"For unto which of the angels said He at any time," "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" "And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?" "And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith," "And let all the angels of God worship Him." -- Hebrews 1:5-6

And

"And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God" -- John 20:28

With the verses above, can you sincerely say that Jesus is not God and if you say yes then:

Why would God the Father tell His angels to worship Jesus? I believe you are aware that it is only God that we are commanded to worship.

Why did Thomas call Jesus "My Lord and my God" and Jesus did not rebuke Him for calling just a man God?

Answer these questions if not here but in your heart and come to the conviction of the truth that will make you free from all the erroneous fallacies that has been projected from the pit of hell.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Fr0sbel: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Consider the biblical verses below:

"For unto which of the angels said He at any time," "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?"[/i][/size] "And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith," "And let all the angels of God worship Him."[/b] -- Hebrews 1:5-6

And

[size=12pt]"And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God"
-- John 20:28

With the verses above, can you sincerely say that Jesus is not God and if you say yes then:

Why would God the Father tell His angels to worship Jesus? I believe you are aware that it is only God that we are commanded to worship.

Why did Thomas call Jesus "My Lord and my God" and Jesus did not rebuke Him for calling just a man God?

Answer these questions if not here but in your heart and come to the conviction of the truth that will make you free from all the erroneous fallacies that has been projected from the pit of hell.

I am done arguing with you on this matter.

You hold on to your doctrine , God knows those who are his.

This is what happens when one holds on to the church creeds more that the word of GOD.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

I am done arguing with you on this matter.

You hold on to your doctrine , God knows those who are his.

This is what happens when one belongs to a cult, they hold on to the church creeds more that the word of GOD.

Let the Bible speak by itself. Let us revisit Micah 5:2 again.

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose going forth have been from of old, from everlasting (Micah 5:2).

This was one of the passages that helped the magi to trace Jesus to Bethlehem when they came to inquire from king Herod, and the last phrase highlighted above shows that Jesus Christ was preexistent, not just in the mind of God, as you have been led to believe. He was incarnated in Bethlehem but was preexistent from before time began. In His incarnated form He did not assume all of His glory in heaven as He was limited here on earth, which was His choice to empty Himself of the glory He shared with the Father and to humble Himself as a Son so as to make us to become sons and daughters of God. On occasions He, especially during His earthly ministry assumed the glory of God just as was at the mount of transfiguration where He appeared in glory but soon changed back to His human form.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Fr0sbel: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose going forth have been from of old, from everlasting (Micah 5:2).

This was one of the passages that helped the magi to trace Jesus to Bethlehem when they came to inquire from king Herod, and the last phrase highlighted above shows that Jesus Christ was preexistent, not just in the mind of God, as you have been led to believe. He was incarnated in Bethlehem but was preexistent from before time began. In His incarnated form He did not assume all of His glory in heaven as He was limited here on earth, which was His choice to empty Himself of the glory He shared with the Father and to humble Himself as a Son so as to make us to become sons and daughters of God. On occasions He, especially during His earthly ministry assumed the glory of God just as was at the mount of transfiguration where He appeared in glory but soon changed back to His human form.

You rely too much on the interpretations of others, let us use our own anointing to decipher scripture.

Going forth means coming from or come out from as in ORIGIN.

Origin , Origin and Origin.

The WORD originated from the Father from GOD.

GOD is the Origin.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

You rely too much on the interpretations of others, let us use our own anointing to decipher scripture.

Going forth means coming from or come out from as in ORIGIN.

Origin , Origin and Origin.

The WORD originated from the Father from GOD.

GOD is the Origin.

It is simple English that I don't need your anointing to interprete it. It says His going forth, has been from old, from everlasting.

Lets compare what the Scripture says about the Father and the Son in the verses below:

Of the Father it says that He is the beginning and the end:

"He who is seated on the throne said "Behold, I make all things new" And he said unto me, "Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:5-7).

In Revelation 22:12,13, Jesus (see 22:16) says that He is also the beginning and the end:

"Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

So you can see here that Jesus clearly shows that He is God by saying things about Himself that only God can say about Himself.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is simple English that I don't need your anointing to interprete it. It says His going forth, has been from old, from everlasting.

Lets compare what the Scripture says about the Father and the Son in the verses below:

Of the Father it says that He is the beginning and the end:

"He who is seated on the throne said "Behold, I make all things new" And he said unto me, "Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:5-7).

In Revelation 22:12,13, Jesus (see 22:16) says that He is also the beginning and the end:

"Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

So you can see here that Jesus clearly shows that He is God by saying things about Himself that only God can say about Himself.

Did you have to miss out verse 6

John and the Angel

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

and then GOD speaks

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Then Christ speaks

6 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

Jesus called himself the Root and the Offspring of David

God calls himself the Alpha and the Omega

Mate drop that trinity pagan doctrine, you will confuse yourself and others.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Did you have to miss out verse 6

What verse 6 did I miss out? If you are referring to Rev. 21:6 it is included in the verses I quoted, Rev. 22:12,13 was what I quoted in comparison of the Father and Son, so I don't know what you are yapping about.

frosbel:

John and the Angel

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

and then GOD speaks

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Then Christ speaks

6 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

Jesus called himself the Root and the Offspring of David

Before you confuse yourself with whatever version, who knows whether you have started using the NWT? but let me quote Revelation 22:6-16 from the authorised version to see the context:

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star (Revelation 22:6-16).

I highlighted the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in red and verse 16 shows that Jesus Christ has been speaking from verse 7 and in verse 12 He said that He is coming quickly with His reward. Are you expecting the Father to appear? Jesus Christ went forward to say that He is Alpha and Omega and He said this about Himself in all the places bar one (Rev. 21:6) that I quoted earlier where it refers to the Father God, all other places in the book of Revelation was spoken by or of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

frosbel:

Mate drop that trinity pagan doctrine, you will confuse yourself and others.

Reading further you will see where the Second and the third Persons in trinity speaks:

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come, And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely (Rev. 22:17).

So if you have a listening ear you will hear what the Father says in Rev. 21:6 as well as what the Spirit and the bride says in Rev. 22:17 and avoid the curse that is in verse 18-19. Don't say that you've not been warned.

Rev.22:18-19 lays out the curses on those who will tamper with the Words of God.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book"
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Here are some verses where Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega and other verses that show the eternity of Christ:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last . . . " (Rev.1:11).

" . . . Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death" (Rev.1:17-18 ).

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" (Rev.2:8 ).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:13).

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2012
Daily Manna

Neither Add Nor Subtract

TEXT: Revelation 22:18–21

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18,19).

Jeramiah Giehl could not have been more fortunate as he recounted his salvation experience to one religious organization, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM). Formerly a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Giehl, who had, at age 12, read the Bible two and half times, knew something was absolutely amiss with the religion of his upbringing. He could not understand why his former organization never believed in Trinity but denied the divinity of Jesus and brush aside scripture passages which clearly emphasize Jesus as God and co-eternal with the Father.

Giehl was one out of millions who are victims of addition and subtraction from the scripture. Many pastors and preachers do not only take the scripture out of context, but also read into it extra information, thus, misleading people into some untruth.

Our text states clearly that God would add plagues to those who add to scripture while those who subtract from the same would have their names taken "out of the book of life".

It is dangerous to exploit the scriptures to suit individual whims. The totality of the scripture must be read and believed. Its basis clearly transcends intellectual, mental and academic frontiers. The Bible is all about God’s plan of salvation for man which is available to all.

Avoid using the Bible to suit personal prejudices. Take it as sacred and refrain from adding to or subtracting from it. Those who do so will never be held guiltless by God.

Thought for the day: "He who mutilates God’s word, deliberately enrage Him"

For Details . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Daily Manna

Neither Add Nor Subtract

TEXT: Revelation 22:18–21

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18,19).

Jeramiah Giehl could not have been more fortunate as he recounted his salvation experience to one religious organization, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM). Formerly a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Giehl, who had, at age 12, read the Bible two and half times, knew something was absolutely amiss with the religion of his upbringing. He could not understand why his former organization never believed in Trinity but denied the divinity of Jesus and brush aside scripture passages which clearly emphasize Jesus as God and co-eternal with the Father.

Giehl was one out of millions who are victims of addition and subtraction from the scripture. Many pastors and preachers do not only take the scripture out of context, but also read into it extra information, thus, misleading people into some untruth.

Our text states clearly that God would add plagues to those who add to scripture while those who subtract from the same would have their names taken "out of the book of life".

It is dangerous to exploit the scriptures to suit individual whims. The totality of the scripture must be read and believed. Its basis clearly transcends intellectual, mental and academic frontiers. The Bible is all about God’s plan of salvation for man which is available to all.

Avoid using the Bible to suit personal prejudices. Take it as sacred and refrain from adding to or subtracting from it. Those who do so will never be held guiltless by God.

Thought for the day: "He who mutilates God’s word, deliberately enrage Him"

For Details . . .

Here you go again, copying random articles from any site that you think fits the bill.

Just be careful , you have already posted many articles from various false prophets such as Hal Lindsey on this site, maybe if you stick to the bible you will not be carried away with every wind of doctrine.

"Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming." - Ephesians 4:14
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
The Danger of Adding to Scripture

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18 ).

This sober warning almost at the end of the Bible was given by the glorified Lord Jesus Himself (note v. 20), so should be taken very seriously.

The Bible is not just a great book. It is The Book! Its content had been "For ever . . . settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89), but had been gradually transmitted to men on earth through God-called prophets, whose writings were "given by inspiration of God"--that is, literally "God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16). "God . . . at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets" (Hebrews 1:1).

In various ways--sometimes by direct dictation, more often by Spirit-guided research and meditation using each man's individual style and abilities--God conveyed His message down to mankind. Finally, the New Testament was given through Paul and others "by revelation . . . revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" (Ephesians 3:3,5). John was the last of the "apostles and prophets" when he wrote Revelation (all the others had been martyred), and Christ then indicated (see text above) that nothing more could be added, not just to John's obviously finished book of Revelation, but really to the now-completed body of inspired Scripture from Genesis to Revelation.

Those "false prophets" (Matthew 24:11) who have tried to add some new revelation to the Bible (e.g., Mohammed) need urgently to go back to the Bible alone. We need no new revelation. The Bible is more than enough for our salvation (2 Timothy 3:15, etc.) and all needed guidance, until Christ returns (2 Peter 1:19). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Ola... Abeg, leave frosbel alone, he has already locked up his mind and has refused to learn. What do you think of someone who told me that there is a (punctuation) mistake in the bible just to prove his point.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Catholic church and her daughter churches in agreement, well what is new grin
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rich4god: @Ola... Abeg, leave frosbel alone, he has already locked up his mind and has refused to learn. What do you think of someone who told me that there is a (punctuation) mistake in the bible just to prove his point.

He has not only locked up his mind he is now being used as a tool to deceive many with his delusions.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
One God
March 5, 2011

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

This great verse has been recited countless times by Israelites down through the centuries, setting forth their distinctive belief in one great Creator God. The Jews had retained their original belief in creation, handed down from Noah, while the other nations had all allowed their original monotheistic creationism to degenerate into a wide variety of religions, all basically equivalent to the polytheistic evolutionism of the early Sumerians at Babel.

But along with its strong assertion of monotheism, there is also a very real suggestion that this declaration, with its thrice-named subject, is also setting forth the Triune God. The name, "Lord," of course, is Yahweh, or Jehovah, the self-existing One who reveals Himself, while "God" is Elohim, the powerful Creator/Ruler. "Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah" is the proclamation. A number of respected Jewish commentators have acknowledged that the verse spoke of a "unified oneness," rather than an "absolute oneness." The revered book called the Zohar, for example, even said that the first mention was of the Father; the second one the Messiah; and the third, the Holy Spirit.

The key word "one" (Hebrew, achad) is often used to denote unity in diversity. For example, when Eve was united to Adam in marriage, they were said to be "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). Similarly, on the third day of creation, the waters were "gathered together unto one place," yet this gathering together was called "Seas" (i.e., more than one sea; Genesis 1:9-10).

Thus, Israel's great declaration should really be understood as saying in effect: "The eternally omnipresent Father, also Creator and Sustainer of all things, is our unified self-revealing Lord." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

God cannot die , but prophet OLAADEGBU says he died.

God cannot be tempted , but prophet OLAADEGBU says he can be tempted

God does not pray to himself , yet prophet OLAADEGBU says he does in fact pray to himself

God does not anoint himself since he is the epitome of power and authority, but prophet OLAADEGBU says he anointed himself

God is Spirit, yet prophet OLAADEGBU says God is also a Man.

I rest my case
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

look at it from the "eye" of John 1:1

should be Jesus christ ""the word" was in the begining" (with God)

They had been together for eons of years befor christ came to earth.

Jesus As the first born(first to be created among the creation by God) they spent long long time together and got to know/love/understand each other perfectly well befor other creatures were then created.

As a result, he became very wise as he learned from the father all this while(wisdom)

became the master worker, doing what he had learned from the father.

Ola, most of other things you are posting are suffering from translation cause that leads to confusion.
Compare translatons.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Truthslight... You said Ola's posting is suffering from TRANSLATION CAUSE. How did you get your own translation since he is quoting from a bible that christians recognise.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rich4god:

@Truthslight... You said Ola's posting is suffering from TRANSLATION CAUSE. How did you get your own translation since he is quoting from a bible that christians recognise.

Good point. Maybe he expects me to quote from his NWT that mistranslated John 1:1 that the Word was a god that frosbel is banding about.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Good point. Maybe he expects me to quote from his NWT that mistranslated John 1:1 that the Word was a god that frosbel is banding about.

good !

tac team of catholic and deeper life members.

You might as well add to your doctrines :

Sinlessness of Mary
Mass
Ascension of Marry
Purgatory
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
The Firstborn of Every Creature
March 2, 2011

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature." (Colossians 1:15)

A widespread cult heresy based on this verse claims that Jesus Christ was not eternal, but merely the first being created--perhaps an angel--before becoming a man. Note, however, that the verse does not say He was the "first created of every creature," but the "first born of every creature," and there is a big difference. In fact, the very next verse says that "by him were all things created" (v. 16). He was never created, for He Himself is the Creator. "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:3).

He is "born" of God, not "made," the "only begotten Son" of God (John 3:16). "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18). The eternal Father is omnipresent, and therefore invisible, inaudible, inaccessible to the physical senses. The eternally existing Son is the "image" of the invisible Father, the One who declares, reveals, embodies His essence. Although He is always "in the bosom of the Father," yet He is eternally also "the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person" (Hebrews 1:3). He is the eternal, living Word, which was "in the beginning with God" (John 1:2), and which "was God" (John 1:1).

Thus the phrase "firstborn of every creature" in our text can be translated literally as "begotten before all creation." The eternal inter-relationship of the Persons of the Godhead is beyond human comprehension in its fullness, and the terms, "Son" and "begotten" are the best human language can do to describe it. Jesus Christ, the Word made flesh, is the only begotten, eternally generated, Son of the Father, forever shining forth as the image of the otherwise invisible God. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

And why do you take all your references from www.icr.org and a man called Henry Morris, Ph.D.

You think his Ph.D impresses anyone when it comes to things of God.

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." - 1 Corinthians 1:27

Be original in your analysis of scripture, otherwise you are open to deception.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.