Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity (20566 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
The Living Word
April 8, 2011

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:14)

This is the great verse of the Incarnation, declaring to us that the Creator of all things, the eternal Word of God (John 1:1-3) actually became a man, being "made flesh" (text). Since this verse and the following verses unequivocally refer to "Jesus Christ" (v. 17), there is no legitimate escape (though many have tried) from the great truth that the man called Jesus of Nazareth was the great God and Creator, as well as perfect man and redeeming Saviour. Furthermore, He has assumed human flesh forever, while still remaining fully God. He is Immanuel, "God with us" (Matthew 1:23).

He is not part man and part God, or sometimes man and sometimes God, but is now the God-man, fully and eternally true God and perfect man--man as God created and intended man to be. See also Philippians 2:5-8 and 1 John 4:2-3.

When He first became man, He "dwelt among us" for a while. The word "dwelt," however, is actually the Greek word for "tabernacled". As in the tabernacle (or "tent" ) prepared by Moses (Exodus 40:33) in the wilderness, the glory of God in Christ dwelled on earth for a time in a "body" prepared by God (Hebrews 10:5). We also "beheld his glory", says His beloved disciple, John. The Greek word for "tabernacle" (skene) is a cognate word to shakan (the Hebrew word for "dwell" ), both being related to what has come to be known as the shekinah glory cloud that filled the ancient tabernacle (Exodus 40:34).

Eventually, when the Holy City descends out of heaven to the new earth, then "the tabernacle of God" will forever be "with men", and He will "dwell with them" and "be their God" eternally (Revelation 21:3). Thus God’s "God's Living Word" is now and always our living Lord! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is simple English that I don't need your anointing to interprete it. It says His going forth, has been from old, from everlasting.

Lets compare what the Scripture says about the Father and the Son in the verses below:

Of the Father it says that He is the beginning and the end:

"He who is seated on the throne said "Behold, I make all things new" And he said unto me, "Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:5-7).

In Revelation 22:12,13, Jesus (see 22:16) says that He is also the beginning and the end:

"Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

So you can see here that Jesus clearly shows that He is God by saying things about Himself that only God can say about Himself.

Jesus will rule for 1000yrs Revelation 20:6

after the 1000yrs Jesus will hand over the kingdom rulership to his father 1corinth 15:27,28

Jesus christ is called the first and the last in that he is the first from the death and then became the first in all things, and also to the congregation Colosians 1:18

read Revelation 21:22

after the 1000yrs judgement mention in Revelation20, in chapt 21 christ then hands over things to the almighty God.

Details in Revelation is involving Yahweh and Jesus, one should be careful not to mixe things up.

Revelation: 21 Refers to a period after the 1000yrs reign of christ. Yahweh runs thing after the 1000yrs, when christ had return the system to perfection and handed the kingdom back to God almighty.

We also know that befor christ coming to earth Yahweh was ruling things in GENESIS, so, after christ have handed things back then Yahweh will start running things Again.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
truthislight:

Jesus will rule for 1000yrs Revelation 20:6

after the 1000yrs Jesus will hand over the kingdom rulership to his father 1corinth 15:27,28

Jesus christ is called the first and the last in that he is the first from the death and then became the first in all things, and also to the congregation Colosians 1:18

read Revelation 21:22

after the 1000yrs judgement mention in Revelation21, christ then hands over things to the almighty God.

Details in Revelation is involving Yahweh and Jesus, one should be careful not to mixe things up.

Revelation: 21 Refers to a period after the 1000yrs reign of christ. Yahweh runs thing after the 1000yrs, when christ had return the system to perfection and handed the kingdom back to God almighty.

We also know that befor christ coming to earth Yahweh was ruling things in GENESIS, so, after christ have handed things back then Yahweh will start running things Again.

5 Stars
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Here are some verses where Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega and other verses that show the eternity of Christ:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last . . . " (Rev.1:11).

" . . . Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death" (Rev.1:17-18 ).

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" (Rev.2:8 ).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:13).

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

friend, you are missing up scriptures,

you are unable to say correctly who is Jesus and who is Yahweh with your translation that Yahweh name have been removed.

So, you bunch every thing up and say it is Jesus, now i know where your problem is coming from.

Take note, the Angel was describing the activity of two person Jesus christ and Yahweh. With a bible containing the names of Yaweh and the name of Jesus EVERY thing falls in place very easy,

dont forget that there are still some old manuscrip having the names of Yahweh at the right place even modern translations.

This your confusion was what RCC wanted befor Removing God's name from the bible.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Here are some verses where Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega and other verses that show the eternity of Christ:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last . . . " (Rev.1:11).

" . . . Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death" (Rev.1:17-18 ).

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" (Rev.2:8 ).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:13).

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

in Revelation, when the description to is just "first and last" it is a reference to Jesus.
But when the title Alpha and Omega is Added it is to Yahweh.

Most of the times in Revelation like other places in the bible, after praise Goes to the son, it then Goes to the father.

Eg, note the difference in revelation 1:16 to 18,

this place describes Jesus the head of the christian congregation as shown by the 7 stars in his hands and the long sword from his mouth, and also called the first and the last, living and dead and back alife, the first and the last.

As can be seen here the Title the Alpha and the Omega is missing since this was a reference to Jesus christ and christ even touched John.

But whenever Alpha and Omega is mention it is Yahweh.

long sword from Jesus mouth Reveltion 19:15

Olaa you will deceive people with this your pegan trinity you are selling.

The bible does not support trinity anywhere why do you want to force it into the book of Revelation?

Why not first go and stop collecting tith if you are an honest person.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Daily Manna

Neither Add Nor Subtract

TEXT: Revelation 22:18–21

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18,19).

Jeramiah Giehl could not have been more fortunate as he recounted his salvation experience to one religious organization, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM). Formerly a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Giehl, who had, at age 12, read the Bible two and half times, knew something was absolutely amiss with the religion of his upbringing. He could not understand why his former organization never believed in Trinity but denied the divinity of Jesus and brush aside scripture passages which clearly emphasize Jesus as God and co-eternal with the Father.

Giehl was one out of millions who are victims of addition and subtraction from the scripture. Many pastors and preachers do not only take the scripture out of context, but also read into it extra information, thus, misleading people into some untruth.

Our text states clearly that God would add plagues to those who add to scripture while those who subtract from the same would have their names taken "out of the book of life".

It is dangerous to exploit the scriptures to suit individual whims. The totality of the scripture must be read and believed. Its basis clearly transcends intellectual, mental and academic frontiers. The Bible is all about God’s plan of salvation for man which is available to all.

Avoid using the Bible to suit personal prejudices. Take it as sacred and refrain from adding to or subtracting from it. Those who do so will never be held guiltless by God.

Thought for the day: "He who mutilates God’s word, deliberately enrage Him"

For Details . . .

you and i know what RCC have done to the bible that has been corrected.

Even the removal of the name of Yahweh.

The punishment is that the persons name will be remove from the book of life.

So, this ^^^ your post is a big lie and you have been posting deceit here.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel: Catholic church and her daughter churches in agreement, well what is new grin

lol.
Olaa and co are ganging up against you Frosbel.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rich4god: @Truthslight... You said Ola's posting is suffering from TRANSLATION CAUSE. How did you get your own translation since he is quoting from a bible that christians recognise.

this are not OT, there are still some very old manuscript to reference from.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
truthislight:

friend, you are missing up scriptures,

you are unable to say correctly who is Jesus and who is Yahweh with your translation that Yahweh name have been removed.

So, you bunch every thing up and say it is Jesus, now i know where your problem is coming from.

Take note, the Angel was describing the activity of two person Jesus christ and Yahweh. With a bible containing the names of Yaweh and the name of Jesus EVERY thing falls in place very easy,

dont forget that there are still some old manuscrip having the names of Yahweh at the right place even modern translations.

This your confusion was what RCC wanted befor Removing God's name from the bible.

It is clear that all the words in red were spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ and the rest speaks about Him.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
truthislight:

this are not OT, there are still some very old manuscript to reference from.
How do you know that you own source of reference is the true/original one since you are disputing his own.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

good !

tac team of catholic and deeper life members.

You might as well add to your doctrines :

Sinlessness of Mary
Mass
Ascension of Marry
Purgatory

LOL... The way you are going with your "me alone doctrine"... Every one will turn against you... Even your closest ally ijawkid, truthslight and co will turn against you. Its just a matter of time.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 12:03am On Sep 15, 2012
Rich4god:
LOL... The way you are going with your "me alone doctrine"... Every one will turn against you... Even your closest ally ijawkid, truthslight and co will turn against you. Its just a matter of time.

U don't get it do u??

This doesn't have to do with freindship..

Frosbel has just found out that traditions of men/pagan doctrines aint compatible with d bible....

What ever is right is what I espouse....

U shuld do d same..

How can ola come up here and tell us Jesus is Yahweh....

Is that not madness??

U have to be on drugs to believe that...

Even the ola himself has refuted his own trinity doctrine by saying Jesus is Yahweh...

If Jesus is Yahweh how does that make them disticnt,different persons accordin to the pagan triology doctrine??

Ola is trying to teach that Yahweh died and was seen....when from the bible Yahweh cannot die and cannot be seen....

Leave the trinity doctrine and uphold truths......

The last thing I'll believe is that Yahweh can and indeed die.....

That's what d churches have been teaching and enforcing on many since the 3rd century....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2012
@Ijawkid... Its you that didnt get it. Am not talking about friendship here. Frosbel started with anti catholic thread and basically all non catholic were his ally... Now, most of the non catholics that were his ally are now turning against him. Am telling, its only a matter of time before he comes up with a new doctrine that his recent ally will not agree with (you inclusive). Just watch and see.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2012
Rich4god: @Ijawkid... Its you that didnt get it. Am not talking about friendship here. Frosbel started with anti catholic thread and basically all non catholic were his ally... Now, most of the non catholics that were his ally are now turning against him. Am telling, its only a matter of time before he comes up with a new doctrine that his recent ally will not agree with (you inclusive). Just watch and see.

Lol......

The truth is his knowledge evolved......

He started by forsaking the pagan heLl fire doctrine....purgatory...imoortality of the soul...etc.......

When once one knows d root and back ground of this pagan doctrines and sees hw much they aint compatible with d bible,that person has got no option but to embrace the truth....

Can't u see how spurious d trinity dogma is??

Sometimes I wonder why persons believe in it....

I expect u too to throw away that doctrine in dust bin....its pagan...it has no dealings with d scriptures...
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Freksy(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is clear that all the words in red were spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ and the rest speaks about Him.

Was Jesus the one that put those words in red. Were they not put by men like you who twisted & squeezed up things to fit into a certain doctrinal framework?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Rich4god(m): 9:24am On Sep 15, 2012
@Ijawkid... Am not here to argue with you, but am telling you that "with the way frosbel is going, one day you and his ally will cease to agree on things he believe in".
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Freksy(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Consider the biblical verses below:

"For unto which of the angels said He at any time," "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" "And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?" "And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith," "And let all the angels of God worship Him." -- Hebrews 1:5-6

And

"And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God" -- John 20:28

With the verses above, can you sincerely say that Jesus is not God and if you say yes then:

Why would God the Father tell His angels to worship Jesus? I believe you are aware that it is only God that we are commanded to worship.

Why did Thomas call Jesus "My Lord and my God" and Jesus did not rebuke Him for calling just a man God?

Answer these questions if not here but in your heart and come to the conviction of the truth that will make you free from all the erroneous fallacies that has been projected from the pit of hell.

Hebrews 1:6

First, we have to understand what Paul meant here by worship. He used the Greek word pro·sky·ne'o. Unger's Bible Dictionary says that this word literally means to 'kiss the hand of someone in token of reverence or to do homage.' An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine, says that this word "denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to man . . . or to God." In Bible times pro·sky·ne'o often included literally bowing down before someone of high stature.

Consider the parable Jesus gave of the slave who was unable to repay a substantial sum of money to his master. A form of this Greek word appears in this parable, and in translating it the King James Version says that "the servant therefore fell down, and worshipped [form of pro·sky·ne'o] him [the king], saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all." (Matthew 18:26) Was this man committing an idolatrous act? Not at all! He was merely expressing the kind of reverence and respect due the king, his master and superior.

Though KJV and few other translations use the word "worship", however, a few rather retain the literal meaning of the creek word "pro·sky·ne'o", instead of using the word, "worship" at Hebrews 1:6

"and when again He may bring in the first-born to the world, He saith, 'And let them bow before him -- all messengers of God" - Hebrews 1:6 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Again, Jesus has a father - someone older and greater than him. He was begotten - is a creature, hence, has a beginning. Considering even these few facts alone, it would be illogical to refer to Jesus as "the Almighty God".

The Bible clearly indicates, however, that our worship—in the sense of religious reverence and devotion —must be addressed solely to the Almighty God. Moses described him as a God exacting exclusive devotion.

Jesus certainly occupies a pivotal role in true worship, one worthy of honor and respect. He is the only way through which we are able to approach Yahweh. Such honor and respect is what apostle Paul meant at Hebrews 1:6, but not worship in the sense of religious reverence and devotion. The usage of the word, "worship" at Hebrews 1:6, is the same as that found at Matthew 18:26 - KJV.

John 20:28

Thomas answered him, "my Lord and my God!" World English Bible (WEB)
Thomas replied to him, "my Lord and my God!" New English Translation (NET)
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”(NKJV)

Thomas' replied by exclaiming those words the way people sometimes exclaim today: "O.....h my God!" or "Je......sus!"

However, some translations have omitted this exclamation mark for obvious reason. Read from verse 26 and picture the scene to see what naturally would have been Thomas' reaction at that instance.......Exclamation!

Nevertheless, exclamation mark or no exclamation mark, there is no objection to referring to Jesus as "God," if this is what Thomas had in mind. Such would be in harmony with Isaiah 9:6 which prophetically describes Jesus as "Mighty God," but not as the Almighty God.

What would you say about Moses being referred to as "God" at Exodus 4:16? Is he the almighty God? Should Moses be worshiped? Would you add him to your 3-in-1 God to make it 4-in-1?

There is only ONE Almighty God, our heavenly Father and the Father of Jesus Christ. At John 17:3 Jesus referred to Him as "the only true God". Was Jesus wrong?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
Just as the atheists cannot intellectually comprehend the existence of God equally religious adherents and cultists cannot understand the concept of the nature of God, especially when they insist on reading the Bible with their opaque spectacles which only succeeds in distorting the truth of the Word of God. Below is an attempt to answer your questions about what the Bible teaches about the Trinity.

The most difficult thing about the Christian concept of the Trinity is that there is no way to adequately explain it. The Trinity is a concept that is impossible for any human being to fully understand, let alone explain. God is infinitely greater than we are, therefore we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean it is not true or not based on the teachings of the Bible.

Keep in mind when studying this subject that the word "Trinity" is not used in Scripture. This is a term that is used to attempt to describe the triune God, the fact that there are 3 coexistent, co-eternal persons that make up God. Understand that this is NOT in any way suggesting 3 Gods. The Trinity is 1 God made up of 3 persons. There is nothing wrong with using the term "Trinity" even though the word is not found in the Bible. It is shorter to say the word "Trinity" than to say "3 coexistent, co-eternal persons making up 1 God." If this presents a problem to you, consider this: the word grandfather is not used in the Bible either. Yet, we know there were grandfathers in the Bible. Abraham was the grandfather of Jacob. So don't get hung up on the term "Trinity" itself. What should be of real importance is that the concept that is REPRESENTED by the word "Trinity" does exist in Scripture. With the introduction out of the way, Bible verses will be given in discussion of the Trinity.

1) There is one God: Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:5.

2) The Trinity consists of three Persons: Genesis 1:1; 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8; 48:16; 61:1; Matthew 3:16-17; Matt 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14. In the passages in the Old Testament, a knowledge of Hebrew is helpful. In Genesis 1:1, the plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:7 and Isaiah 6:8, the plural pronoun for "us" is used. That "Elohim" and "us" refer to more than two is WITHOUT question. In English, you only have two forms, singular and plural. In Hebrew, you have three forms: singular, dual, and plural. Dual is for two ONLY. In Hebrew, the dual form is used for things that come in pairs like eyes, ears, and hands. The word "Elohim" and the pronoun "us" are plural forms - definitely more than two - and must be referring to three or more (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Compare Isaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of 3 distinct persons in the Trinity.

3) The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages: In the Old Testament, "LORD" is distinguished from "Lord" (Genesis 19:24; Hosea 1:4). The "LORD" has a "Son" (Psalm 2:7, 12; Proverbs 30:2-4). Spirit is distinguished from the "LORD" (Numbers 27:18) and from "God" (Psalm 51:10-12). God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7; Hebrews 1:8-9). In the New Testament, John 14:16-17 is where Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit. This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all of the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another person in the Trinity - the Father.

4) Each member of the Trinity is God: The Father is God: John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2. The Son is God: John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20. The Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16 (The One who indwells is the Holy Spirit - Romans 8:9; John 14:16-17; Acts 2:1-4).

5) The subordination within the Trinity: Scripture shows that the Holy Spirit is subordinate to the Father and the Son, and the Son is subordinate to the Father. This is an internal relationship, and does not deny the deity of any person of the Trinity. This is simply an area which our finite minds cannot understand concerning the infinite God. Concerning the Son see: Luke 22:42; John 5:36; John 20:21; 1 John 4:14. Concerning the Holy Spirit see: John 14:16; 14:26; 15:26; 16:7 and especially John 16:13-14.

6) The tasks of the individual members of the Trinity: The Father is the ultimate source or cause of: 1) the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11); 2) divine revelation (Revelation 1:1); 3) salvation (John 3:16-17); and 4) Jesus' human works (John 5:17; 14:10). The Father INITIATES all of these things.

The Son is the agent through whom the Father does the following works: 1) the creation and maintenance of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17); 2) divine revelation (John 1:1; Matthew 11:27; John 16:12-15; Revelation 1:1); and 3) salvation (2 Corinthians 5:19; Matthew 1:21; John 4:42). The Father does all these things through the Son, who functions as His agent.

The Holy Spirit is the means by whom the Father does the following works: 1) creation and maintenance of the universe (Genesis 1:2; Job 26:13; Psalm 104:30); 2) divine revelation (John 16:12-15; Ephesians 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21); 3) salvation (John 3:6; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:2); and 4) Jesus' works (Isaiah 61:1; Acts 10:38). Thus the Father does all these things by the power of the Holy Spirit.

None of the popular illustrations are completely accurate descriptions of the Trinity. The egg (or apple) fails in that the shell, white, and yolk are parts of the egg, not the egg in themselves. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not parts of God, each of them is God. The water illustration is somewhat better but still fails to adequately describe the Trinity. Liquid, vapour, and ice are forms of water. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not forms of God, each of them is God. So, while these illustrations may give us a picture of the Trinity, the picture is not entirely accurate. An infinite God cannot be fully described by a finite illustration. Instead of focusing on the Trinity, try to focus on the fact of God's greatness and infinitely higher nature than our own. "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been His counsellor"? (Romans 11:33-34)
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

Oboy....

The subordination in the trinity is total gibberish.....where did u get that rubbish from??.....

How did u get to conclude that Jesus is head of the holy spirit or that d holy spirit is subordinate to Jesus??

Please show me from the scriptures....

U just copy and paste stuffs here......

And now because u can't understand the rubbish u've written u call it a mystery....

U are d same person who said Yahweh and Jesus and the holy spirit are equal and d same persons...

Now u talk about subordination amongsts the 3 Gods....

Ola leave the trinity alone and it will leave u......

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I guess you, Ifeness and the likes are surely independent thinkers that don't rely on other influences.

My broda, no take am too personal...i like because i percieved the truth. I once believed the Trinity myth like you. When truely looked into things. Jesus toled us He was sent by God. Will God send Himself to earth and yet Jesus said" He cannot do anything by himself" @Frosbel asked u some quality questions.

Do you mean God died for 3 good days and Satan kept quite? No God was not dead. He Gave us His son to die for us. And rose Him from the Dead. The Trinity will Say that Jesus is God. So it was God that died for Three days. You can take a look at David C Pack message on the trinity. There are few who does teach the truth about the Trinity. Do not ignore, try and study the biblical verses he presented to his message and see for urself.

Google this :The Trinity—Does the Bible Teach It? (Part 1-6) happy view.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Freksy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

It may be easier to squeeze a square peg to fit into a round hole than to squeeze any unbiblical doctrine to fit into the clear teachings of the Bible, however hard one may try and sincere he may seem.

I praise your efforts, but sadly, what you are trying to do is beyond you, as you have humbly admitted.

It appears you are beginning to see Jesus the way Isaiah prophetically saw him at Isaiah 9:6; and the way Jesus saw himself at John 14:28; and the way apostle Paul saw him at 1corinthians 11:3

My question for you is: since the father is subordinate to none, and all are subordinate to Him, do you believe that He (the father) alone, is the Almighty God?

Again, I think you need more research on what the holy spirit truly is, for the great mystery surounding the trinity seems to hinge mostly upon the true identity of the holy spirit.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
brainpulse: John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

If he was 100% man then how come he existed before abraham that was long dead before his arrival.

Very good question, with this verse, it appears that Jesus claimed to have existed before He was born. I took a look at this other verse that proved his claim also; (John 17:5) "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

But this claims are not boldly saying Jesus is God, but it just prove that He has been in existance right from "au debut" du monde.

I believe that, Everyone who love God will love to know God better than how he/she was told. But it takes the Holy spirit to reveal things to US, not by gra gra or by my pastor say na so etc... Certain Christians are stuck with thier church doctrine, even if they are reproof of been indulged in tradition, they will not want to come out of it. This might be the position they hold in their church. But if we truely love Christ we must let go whatever that is false in his doctrine.

2 timothy 3:16 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
plappville:

Very good question, with this verse, it appears that Jesus claimed to have existed before He was born. I took a look at this other verse that proved his claim also; (John 17:5) "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

But this claims are not boldly saying Jesus is God, but it just prove that He has been in existance right from "au debut" du monde.

I believe that, Everyone who love God will love to know God better than how he/she was told. But it takes the Holy spirit to reveal things to US, not by gra gra or by my pastor say na so etc... Certain Christians are stuck with thier church doctrine, even if they are reproof of been indulged in tradition, they will not want to come out of it. This might be the position they hold in their church. But if we truely love Christ we must let go whatever that is false in his doctrine.

2 timothy 3:16 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Thank you for your good explanation.

Also , remember the Father always spoke through Jesus and therefore we can infer that because Jesus is the WORD of GDO breathed or brought into being by the Spirit , then the very words he spoke were as from God himself.

"Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me." - John 7:16
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
Some contributing verses plainly point Jesus as the Son of God, and not "God" Himself. We first take a look at:

John 14:28 "You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.""Greater", as in more powerful. "ONE" thing can't be greater than itself. God, Jesus = 1, this same ONE is greater than itself? Greater can be used when two involve.

(Jesus wanting to know who the people and His disciples think he is)[/b]Matthew 16:15-16 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Christ own disciples knew that He was not "God" himself. They knew him to be a separate being in relation to the Almighty God.)

Again in John 20:17) Jesus appeared befor Mary Magdalene, "Jesus said to her: 'Stop clinging to me.For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God'."
Clearly, Jesus told Mary that when he returned to heaven, he would be retrning to the God that "they" worshipped and that [/b]"HE"[/b] worshipped as well. Jesus and his followers worshipped the same GOD. This demonstration proved that Jesus himself is NOT God.) God will not worship or pray to Himself.

Mark 13:32 "But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels who are in heaven, neither the Son, but the "Father".
If Jesus is God, He will not use this speech.

In Mark 5:7, the event of Jesus encounterin a demon-possessed man who lived among the caves and memorial tombs. Note: what the demons said when Jesus came closer: Mark 5:7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” Again, i hope you take note that the demons, whom are enemies of God and Jesus, fully acknowledged the fact that Jesus is "God's Son" and NOT that Jesus was God himself. Lets Ask ourselves.....if the demons, who had once been angels in heaven in Jesus and God's presence, will acknowledge the fact that Jesus and God are not the same, how can anyone else contradict that? The truth may be inconvenient to those who hold a different belief, but it is still the truth.

[The Work of the Holy Spirit]
John 15:26 When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

God's word says once we receive this spirit we will understand God and things of God. So one who does not understand does not have this spirit we are to receive.

[size=14pt]
Je vais m'arrêter là, que Dieu nous aide à comprendre sa parole au nom de Jésus. AMEN.
[/size]
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

Thank you for your good explanation.

Also , remember the Father always spoke through Jesus and therefore we can infer that because Jesus is the WORD of GDO breathed or brought into being by the Spirit , then the very words he spoke were as from God himself.

"Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me." - John 7:16

My brother, I NOTE THAT. I humble to learn things i do not know, it is wrong to claim to know everything in the scripture. someone who attempt to prove that is doing the greates mistake.

1 Corinthians 4:6 I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
plappville:

My brother, I NOTE THAT. I humble to learn things i do not know, it is wrong to claim to know everything in the scripture. someone who attempt to prove that is doing the greates mistake.

1 Corinthians 4:6 I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.

I humbly agree !
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
plappville: Some contributing verses plainly point Jesus as the Son of God, and not "God" Himself. We first take a look at:

John 14:28 "You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.""Greater", as in more powerful. "ONE" thing can't be greater than itself. God, Jesus = 1, this same ONE is greater than itself? Greater can be used when two involve.

(Jesus wanting to know who the people and His disciples think he is)[/b]Matthew 16:15-16 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Christ own disciples knew that He was not "God" himself. They knew him to be a separate being in relation to the Almighty God.)

Again in John 20:17) Jesus appeared befor Mary Magdalene, "Jesus said to her: 'Stop clinging to me.For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God'."
Clearly, Jesus told Mary that when he returned to heaven, he would be retrning to the God that "they" worshipped and that [/b]"HE"[/b] worshipped as well. Jesus and his followers worshipped the same GOD. This demonstration proved that Jesus himself is NOT God.) God will not worship or pray to Himself.

Mark 13:32 "But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels who are in heaven, neither the Son, but the "Father".
If Jesus is God, He will not use this speech.

In Mark 5:7, the event of Jesus encounterin a demon-possessed man who lived among the caves and memorial tombs. Note: what the demons said when Jesus came closer: Mark 5:7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” Again, i hope you take note that the demons, whom are enemies of God and Jesus, fully acknowledged the fact that Jesus is "God's Son" and NOT that Jesus was God himself. Lets Ask ourselves.....if the demons, who had once been angels in heaven in Jesus and God's presence, will acknowledge the fact that Jesus and God are not the same, how can anyone else contradict that? The truth may be inconvenient to those who hold a different belief, but it is still the truth.

[The Work of the Holy Spirit]
John 15:26 When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

God's word says once we receive this spirit we will understand God and things of God. So one who does not understand does not have this spirit we are to receive.

[size=14pt]
Je vais m'arrêter là, que Dieu nous aide à comprendre sa parole au nom de Jésus. AMEN.
[/size]

Oh my dear sister....

Why u get sense like this??

I'ma get u a gift for this fine salient explanation.....

§hake my hands jÀre
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2012
ijawkid:

Oh my dear sister....

Why u get sense like this??

I'ma get u a gift for this fine salient explanation.....

§hake my hands jÀre

In Christ Service brother!!!
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2012
The Biblical Basis for the Godhead

The deity of Christ is intimately connected to the doctrine of the Godhead. This doctrine affirms that there is only one God and that in the unity of the one Godhead there are three coequal and coeternal Persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

There is One God:

In the course of God’s self-disclosure to humankind, He revealed His nature in progressive stages. First, God revealed that He is the only true God. This was a necessary starting point for God’s self-revelation. Throughout history, Israel was surrounded by pagan nations deeply engulfed in the belief that there are many gods. Through the prophets, God communicated to Israel that there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; 32:39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 44:6). Even at this early juncture, however, we find preliminary indications of the godhead in (Genesis 1:26; 11:7; Isa.6:8; 48:16). God’s oneness is also emphasized in the New Testament (Romans 3:29-30; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1Thess 1:9; 1Timothy 1:17; 2:5; James 2:19; Jude 25)

The Father Is God:

As history unfolded, God progressively revealed more about Himself. It eventually became clear that while there is only one God, there are three distinct persons within the one[b]godhead[/b], each individually recognised as God (Matthew 28:19).

The Father, for example, is explicitly called God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; Galatians 1:1; 1Peter 1:2). He is also portrayed as having all the attributes of deity – such as being everywhere-present (Matt.19:26), all-knowing (Romans 11:33), all-powerful (1 Peter 1:5), holy (Revelation 15:4), and eternal (Psalm 90:2).

The Son Is God:

Jesus is also explicitly called "God" in scripture (Titus 2:13; Heb.1:8.). And He, too, has all the attributes of deity – including being everywhere-present (Matthew 28:20), all-knowing (Matthew 9:4), all-powerful (Matthew 28:18), holy (Acts 3:14), and eternal (Revelation 1:8, 17).

The Holy Spirit Is God:

The Holy Spirit is also recognised as God (Acts 5:3-4). He too possesses the attributes of deity, including being everywhere-present (Psalm 139:7-9), all-knowing (1 Corinthians 2:10-11), all-powerful (Romans 15:19), holy (John 16:17-14), and eternal (Hebrews 9:14).

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2012
God is Invisible, Jesus was visible - "But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."" - Exodus 33:20

God is not a man, Jesus was a man - "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfil?" - Numbers 23:19

God is a Spirit, Jesus was flesh and bones

God doesn't Pray, Jesus prayed - "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." - Hebrews 5:7

God Submits to no one, Jesus submitted to God - "The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." - John 8:29

God is Immortal, Jesus died

God is Impeccable (impossibility of sin), Jesus overcame temptation

God is Untemptable, Jesus was tempted - "When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;" - James 1:13

God is Omni-present (everywhere), Jesus existed in body of flesh

God is Omniscient (all knowing), Jesus learned - " The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed," - Luke 4:18

God is Tirelessness, Jesus slept - "indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." - Psalm 121:4
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2012
This is an audio recording of the debate between a Christian and a JW's. You will see how the points raised by many anti trinitarians are similar to the ones raised by the JW's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JFLXtyT3Tc
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2012
I admire the JWs who have got so many doctrines correct where their holier than thou counterparts in the so called churches have got it wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Repent !!!!!! Jesus Is Coming Soon! / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.