Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

..... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ..... (11244 Views)

null / [after3mnths]how Do I Control Dis Guy N Get Ma Lost Blackberry Back??? / Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by etunoman76(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
Why don't you try inviting the PIN maybe the new 'owner' will accept you. It can be painful to loss a phone. Wish you luck.

Good idea!
Re: ..... by Nightshift(m): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
freecocoa: Na you pick the phone?
Certainly not, I'm 6 flight hours away from Lagos . Just remembered that part of Lagos . Nairaland senior boys know what Ojuelegba/Ayinala street use to be until early 2000! Lots of funky Afrobeats and ....
Re: ..... by ignis: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
edetcnn: Hello all,
I lost my phone last weekend and while I had little or no hope recovering it, it occurred to me that some folks may actually be motivated to return the phones if the phone owners offer some kind of incentive for return of the phone. I did a search here and discovered there is nothing like that. Now, my reasoning is like this: My lost phone is a Blackberry curve 3 with a market value of 34K when I bought it but worth at most 15K second hand. But I am very willing to pay 25K instantly to anybdy who retuns the phone with all (even half) of the data intact. Now, most of the phone thieves lipsrsealed may not care about/or even read this but a buyer may see it and find that returning the phone is more valuable than whatever she/he spent on it. SO I think if one could post Phone model, date/time/where the phone was lost, and the reward he or she is willing to pay, who knows? Besides, there is no harm in trial. So ..

LOST PHONE MODEL: Blackberry 9730 (aka Curve 3)
PIN: 293AA8D5
DATE LOST: Saturday 1 September 2012
TIME LOST: 8-9PM
REWARD: 25,000 Cash if all data is intact/15,000 if some of the data is intact. (PLUS LUNCH wink
The information aint complete, provide info like
1. Cloth worn when the cloth was lost.
2. Shoe worn when the phone was lost.
3. The food you ate the day the phone was lost.
4. The last person you talked to before you lost the phone.
5. The last recharge card you load.
Etc
Re: ..... by valdubem(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
U wan gbab d person wey go return am abi?
Re: ..... by Sirmikky1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
U know wat? Why dnt u go for a Stand Up Nigeria audition? U'l mk a gud comedian... What happeeeen! Hahahha
Re: ..... by kmoney247: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
I lost my curve 2

Who ever that provides the phone gets N70,000 cash reward!!!

Offer Ends Tomorrow!

Hahahahahahahahahh

Imagine the thief dinning and winning with you.....lolz

Very Funny
Re: ..... by dartsidius7(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
you should have backed up your data.
dude, just wait till the new owner subscribes. you might be able to get him to show....

good luck with that..
Re: ..... by Gwekzy: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
Dis Guy GeT work O....Dat Fone done Turn History Na
Re: ..... by itoldu: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
free2ryhme:

bros ask then they might know where your missing fone is? grin grin grin
free2ryhme:
@free2rhyme abi na ryhme ur own be, u no well o. How u take get dis kind pisshur? i swear Jeremiah Abalaka dey work on ur Cure Formula. lmaoooo danu danu

bros ask then they might know where your missing fone is? grin grin grin
Re: ..... by dnawah(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls send ur pin to nigerian police they will help u recover it,with they new technology(but if ur father is not a retired somebody u can never get it)/or well known
Re: ..... by IFEDILIEZE(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
What if u r a policeman?
Re: ..... by IFEDILIEZE(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
What if u r a policeman? People dread statements at station.
Re: ..... by cesil92: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
puskin:

......and why do u think so??

U forgot to include the IMEI no.

.......but I wonder what gave U the feeling that the person who stole or picked up the fone is a NL'er?

The poster may not be far from the truth OR NLders saint?
Re: ..... by Temismith(f): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
undecidedNa ow much u go pay for d fone last?
Re: ..... by mimicue(f): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ʋ dindt even try to backup anything, just buy À new ☎ and make sure Ʋ backup remotely, Ʋ know we can all enjoy Technology if we learn 2 use it well....
Re: ..... by Dignitygab(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
:oi think this is rubbish
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
Op, whats the imei
Re: ..... by ignis: 12:15am On Sep 12, 2012
dartsidius7: you should have backed up your data.
dude, just wait till the new owner subscribes. you might be able to get him to show....

good luck with that..
I know the new owner, he will not subscribe. You know what? He shhould Send me N1,500 MTN card and i wil link him with the new owner.
Re: ..... by firfinch(m): 1:12am On Sep 12, 2012
just hope it works!
Re: ..... by robi55(m): 5:37am On Sep 12, 2012
I no sure say dis guy get sense at all.u tink say d thief na mumu,wat if em com den u carry police arrest am.abeg if ur phone don loss just forget am jor.
Re: ..... by owokudi(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2012
Why not get one for FREE. Send me an email abulifescience@gmail.com
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2012
The phone is on this thread.
Re: ..... by Revolva(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2012
@poster this is the most ridiculous post on here - ui just dey laff ---wetin don loss don loss for lagos ok your BB is gone and boiz don sell am anoda person don buy am pls don't suffer ur self go huntin for just a curve3 - instead use that 25'k u wanna dash the good samaritan to buy a new fone and move on
Re: ..... by logo77: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2012
@OP if you need the phone+data bad enough you may have to involve the police and contact your service provider. You will get your BB back but I bet its going to cost alot more time, stress and much more than the 25k u are offering. Good luck !
Re: ..... by alexy147(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2012
Guy.,if u value ur contacts then b4 u lost ur bb.,why weren't u using d application "blackberry protect" or was ur bb for pinging alone? Abeg advice 2 u-Nairaland is not an investigative unit..Goodluck
Re: ..... by ignis: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2012
Poster, you get plenty faith oh....
Re: ..... by sexyverah(f): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2012
dumbest post of the week... havnt seen such a dumb write up fr a while now angry
Re: ..... by okwytest(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2012
@OP,where are we meetn 4 d exchange??
Re: ..... by Revolva(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
alexy147: Guy.,if u value ur contacts then b4 u lost ur bb.,why weren't u using d application "blackberry protect" or was ur bb for pinging alone? Abeg advice 2 u-Nairaland is not an investigative unit..Goodluck
Please how do I use the bb protect just incase my own lost - will I download it in the bb app store cos I backed up my contact on my memory card - don't fink it make sense
Re: ..... by niddamugu(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
Human beings are all different. The problem you may have is that if you password the phone. This is quite common these days - I wonder why. Probably because of the "shady deals" they do on them. I had an experience some years back. I was driving along warehouse road apapa to link creek road. As i got to the junction the traffic police stopped my lane for others diverting into warehouse. But before then i sighted something a phone on the road i deliberately stopped at the spot so as to pick it up. The phone was much more superior than mine but I had to resist the temptation of keeping it and made all effort to track the owner. Though it went off probably because it fell off the owner's pocket. As i switched it on my prayer was answered - no password. A call came through - voice in hausa (which i cld not speak). I call a hausa colleague who was able to communicate with the woman (who happened to be the wife of the owner) and she was able to tell her husband to call and get his phone and the rest is history.

It takes extra guts for your phone to be delivered to you because the rate at which people (especially the young ones) are so crazy about BB's, only God can help u on this matter.

1 Like

Re: ..... by ignis: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
niddamugu: Human beings are all different. The problem you may have is that if you password the phone. This is quite common these days - I wonder why. Probably because of the "shady deals" they do on them. I had an experience some years back. I was driving along warehouse road apapa to link creek road. As i got to the junction the traffic police stopped my lane for others diverting into warehouse. But before then i sighted something a phone on the road i deliberately stopped at the spot so as to pick it up. The phone was much more superior than mine but I had to resist the temptation of keeping it and made all effort to track the owner. Though it went off probably because it fell off the owner's pocket. As i switched it on my prayer was answered - no password. A call came through - voice in hausa (which i cld not speak). I call a hausa colleague who was able to communicate with the woman (who happened to be the wife of the owner) and she was able to tell her husband to call and get his phone and the rest is history.

It takes extra guts for your phone to be delivered to you because the rate at which people (especially the young ones) are so crazy about BB's, only God can help u on this matter.
Our type are very few n scarce in Nigeria. I think we are not upto 0.5% of the entire population.
Re: ..... by kmoney247: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
ignis:
Our type are very few n scarce in Nigeria. I think we are not upto 0.5% of the entire population.

Your type ke......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unusable Airtime Bonus From Airtel / Airtel Introduces 5.5gb Data For N1500 And 7gb Data For N2000 / MTN Apologises For Network Glitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.