Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' (23358 Views)

Bimbo Akintola Looks Slimmed-down And Young In New Photos / Bimbo Thomas Flaunts Her Cleavage At Birthday Party (Photos) / Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ojotask: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nonsense . . . wat a selfish view
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
That's my gurl! Marriage isn't meant for everyone.no be by force to answer "mrs".if u wanna be single all your life,its no one's business.meanwhile,welcome to the single ladies' club.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by wonlasewonimi: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
Who wants to marry ojujucalabar
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
She's found fulfillment in her career or wateva it is that makes her happy. In the end, its her life and so she's the only one responsible for her choices.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ypzilanti: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
So many sad marriages in Nigeria.

I'm always amazed at the eagerness with which our women jump into marriage with any guy that proposes to them once they are past 30 years.

Or the stubbornness with which some guys will pursue and beg a woman that has told them NO! NO! NO!...or the women that have clearly shown them from their actions that they do not send them message.

The age of innocence is long gone...a lot of tough boys and girls are out there looking for who to enslave in misery for the rest of their lives.

Be prayerful and very guided.

Better to be single, than bonded to a devil you picked all by yourself by being very 'optimistic'.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
All these girls screaming ''Thats my girl" Y'all can like to keep fooling yourselves o. undecided

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
if she has no child yet, I hope she understands the implication, she has shorter reproductivity period and therefore will have less possibility of having a child at 70. and by then she'll be too old by the time her children are ripe for married, maybe 99years old, probably not even chance to see her grandchildren. A decision she might later regret.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
ypzilanti: So many sad marriages in Nigeria.

I'm always amazed at the eagerness with which our women jump into marriage with any guy that proposes to them once they are past 30 years.

Or the stubbornness with which some guys will pursue and beg a woman that has told them NO! NO! NO!...or the women that have clearly shown them from their actions that they do not send them message.

The age of innocence is long gone...a lot of tough boys and girls are out there looking for who to enslave in misery for the rest of their lives.

Be prayerful and very guided.

Better to be single, than bonded to a devil you picked all by yourself by being very 'optimistic'.

Thx for this response. How does God provide "the one?" Pls I need some help. I'm ready to settle down. Does God send the person from heaven? Does God give you a revelation? A dream? A word? A sign?

I have everything - materially and right now, I'm ready to settle down. But I don't want to be trapped with a wicked woman who is pretending.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by shadrach77: 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
let's get some things straight. For a start i hope she now wears underpants as Yemi Solade dumped her some years back because she was always going out in skirts without wearing underpants, claiming she felt more at ease without underpants. Now to the issue at hand. Ladies like this will not say the truth which is that they have character flaws which they are not ready to deal with. They will prefer to cover the inability to deal with claims like "I csn't find the right man", "marriage is not a do or die affair" etc. Why are other ladies finding their own "mr right" and she cannot find hers? Let her continue to decieve herself sad sad

6 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by tai2(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Person wey no get money for beer, talk say beer bitter.

I hope she has a bulletproof pension plan or at least some kids that are going to take care of her in her old age. The problem with most of these women is that they feel they are still young, beautiful and need nothing else in life, mostly because they're stuck on other people's husbands. When true old age comes calling, they start regretting.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by vikky09(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
lolzzzzzzzzzz............right person indeed. she no wan marry jare..... even the whole world is not right,the best is for you to be right..
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by scopusng(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
See as nairaland girls dey get mouth. Na dis one dem dey see una.Mtcheeeew.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by claremont(m): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Her comments are like a breath of fresh air in the face of the mass hysteria about marriage.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Good Girl: Am waiting for the usual sexist comments. grin
That aside, Bimbo Akinbola is one of my favourite actresses.
Yeah, me too. I wonder why she gave people like Genevieve the opportunity to take her space. She was a bright shining star during her active years in Nollywood.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by konkocious(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
She no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ comfortable with her title, she wan add sugar to her name. Una Sabi Wetin i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ talk
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sunnshyn(f): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
When some women don't get guys asking them out, they go the "I don't need a man" way
This was the same thing Nike Oshinowo said till she ended up with an old man!
Its your life at the end of the day sha! Goodluck with your quest!

NEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Tunmi(f): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
You guys need to read the entire article, she explains further on the "ideal man"

What is the quality of your ideal man?
There is no such thing as ideal man. What you get is a man that you can laugh with and then you build from there. Any woman that's looking for Mr. Right will die single, old and wrinkle. There is no perfect man. There is no perfect woman. What you have is a work in progress. Each of us is a work in progress.
You played the role of a sugar mummy in Hoodrush. From the experience of previous write-ups about you, do you prefer younger men, or is it a misconception?
I like men generally (laugh). I know what you're talking about. Let me tell you what happened with Dimeji. He came to interview me from Genevieve Magazine. And at the end of the shoot, he says, can I have a picture with you and I said yes and I held him like this and we took a picture and that was it. He became my lover. I haven't spoken to that boy since that shoot. I'm serious. Is it that every man or woman you hug is a lover? Do you understand? But it's ridiculous, because we can't keep doing this.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/saturday-magazine/weekend-treat/entertainment/59934-i-may-never-get-married,-if...-%E2%80%94bimbo-akintola.html
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Fiawest(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dat na ur palaver,.....nxt topic pls
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by SamMilla1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
shut up bimbo
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Faheedat: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bimbo,
You get it wrong,At 70 Single mother,What are you trying to demonstrate
Where is Mr or Miss right in this generation?
Please settle down and be a responsible Mother
Don't shy away from your responsibility ooooooooooo
Everything nor be money oooooooo
The world itself is challenging talkless of an ideal matrimony house
Take the bull by the horn and move forward
A married person is a responsible person
omoluabi
God bless Nigeria

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by klax(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sorry ooo Madam Bimbo so you still think you are young isnit eeeyyyah so sorry case indeed. Keep waiting and waiting ok may be by the time you begin to look like "Ojujucalabar" with no "front Teeth" then you will find mr right. I dey laugh
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by tucker12(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm I read Bims story, She got her reasons. All I can say is fair is fair...she will figure out what she wants in a man maybe soon, and like she said maybe@ 70 Frankly Bim you dont have to wait that long. Plss undecided
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Duxe(f): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nice 1 there,bimbo! I love that spirit..! Marriage is not the greatest achievement a woman can get. It will come when it will come..no need rushing in2 it.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by DANILSA(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
The problem is that this artists are always authoritative, thinking their husband is a fan and therefore should do as they say, which man wants to be a wife in his house? Believe me no serious man has come for her, my parents told me I can never get Miss right and it true. Wait maybe @ 80 u will get one.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by stagger: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
So after Dede Mabiaku has finished destroying her honeypot and eaten all the soup with the meat and condiments, she is waiting for the unfortunate man that will be fed with bottom pot.

Abeg make she carry her second-hand (or is it Naija-used now) goods and remain single jare!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
This lady has won my heart. She understands marriage better than most married people. God bless your soul. May you continue to find happiness, with or without a husband.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ujukala: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
She puts it clearly
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sessydoo(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:
Yes, except you want to put a ring on it now. wink

Yes Miss B, i want to put a ring right now if u allow me. But honestly is she ur gel? do u know her personally? if yes pls help me tell Bimbo to learn how to behave in public. We boarded the same plane from heathrow airport to Nigeria and i was so ashamed to see Bimbo shouting on her phone, even after they have asked evrybody to switch-off their mobil fones. not nice at all

Did i just say Bimbo?? pls pardon me, it was this busty babe that acts yoruba movies, foluke daramola. dnt think i ve met bimbo one-to-one b4
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm!
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ypzilanti: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Thx for this response. How does God provide "the one?" Pls I need some help. I'm ready to settle down. Does God send the person from heaven? Does God give you a revelation? A dream? A word? A sign?

I have everything - materially and right now, I'm ready to settle down. But I don't want to be trapped with a wicked woman who is pretending.

My brother, I was at this point in my life too.

The truth is that a lot of men have an innate and primordial wish to be punished severely by a woman, so as to get a temporary feeling of achievement when they eventually 'succeed' in getting the woman.

In actual fact, no woman is hard for every guy that she meets. They make things hard for some people, and easy for others. This does not mean that if a woman plays hard to get, she will not eventually warm up to the guy, but you risk having a woman 'settle' for you in the end.

I advice men who are ready to marry to look for women who like them upon meeting them.
I do not mean the one that jumps into your bed on first date, oh! ( though even while not recommended, may still be a good woman) I mean a woman that is willing to give you a listening ear, picks your calls, and after at most three weeks of you calling her, begins calling you too.

On the character side, she should treat the 'little people' nicely. There is no better indicator of character than a person that addresses waiters, drivers, and house maids properly except there is real reason to be angry or rude.

Usually people reveal themselves in their discussions with you.
Are you listening to what they are saying? A woman that says 'if my husband cheats on me, i will cheat back' ...is that really what you want in a wife?

My wife to be gave me a story about a friend of hers that was about to be ejected from her house and she loaned the person N100k. She was not even working at the time. She was not boasting...it was a story that came up in the course of conversation.

Some people can hide and deceive like the devil, but most people that are married to devils today were just being 'optimistic' about severely flawed people.

If you are someone that aspires to be good and do good, please do not get hooked up with these demons...I wish people would be wiser so that these evil people would only see each other to marry. Unfortunately, i see the sheep paired with the wolves all the time. I don talk tire.

On the spiritual side, pray in your place of worship and ask God to give you a good wife. This however will not work if you then on your own go and marry someone that views you as a royal pain. Is that the wife God wanted to give you? grin
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
For me, nothing wrong in chasing after a woman. I like someone that is not haste in their decision.

I just wonder if there is a sign? Symbol? Something......
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by klax(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ Faheedat. Quote "
Bimbo,
You get it wrong,At 70 Single mother,What are you trying to demonstrate
Where is Mr or Miss right in this generation?
Please settle down and be a responsible Mother
Don't shy away from your responsibility ooooooooooo
Everything nor be money oooooooo
The world itself is challenging talkless of an ideal matrimony house
Take the bull by the horn and move forward
A married person is a responsible person
omoluabi
God bless Nigeria

Please poster you dont need to advise her please let her wait more as I said earlier by the time she begin to look like "OJUJUCALABAR" then I will see where that mr right will come from. I thought she did not have a good mirror in her room to tell her she is already wrinkled, oldschool looking grandma this is a "FACT" Anyway I have some grandpa with cash looking for grandma like her let her contact me afterall being the tenth wife does not matter at least money is talking and she want mr right isnit Ode, she goat keep wasting your time ooohh biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Annie Idibia Becomes A Super-hero In New Painting / Bill Cosby Never In Prison But Living Under The Name John Washington In NYC / "Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.