Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' (23366 Views)

Bimbo Akintola Looks Slimmed-down And Young In New Photos / Bimbo Thomas Flaunts Her Cleavage At Birthday Party (Photos) / Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by miredia(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
You guys relentlessly advocating for her philosophy are deceitful or perhaps I'll say self-deceitful. Every sane mind yearns for a true companion, someone who loves you above all else, sticks in thick and thin. There are no exceptions, with that said, I can authoritatively assure you will NEVER EVER find mr. or Mrs right on this planet.. EVER. The defence mechanism employed by folks like Miss bimbo stems from discreet rejection, intolerance, pride, overbloated ego, unabated efforts to cleverly conceal their despair and private loneliness, (pls disregard the public stunts and projections) and a few other underlying elements. You who said "that's my girl or that's my mom whichever will definitely want the arms of a true love but restrained by 1or more of the above stated factors so why the celebration of deceit. You feel u cannot cohabitate with that man or woman simply because of pride or either of those factors Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ypzilanti: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: For me, nothing wrong in chasing after a woman. I like someone that is not haste in their decision.

I just wonder if there is a sign? Symbol? Something......

I agree that there is nothing wrong with chasing a woman. There is normal shakara, (that is welcome) and then there is NO! NO! NO! If you are very persistent, you can change the NO by the time the girl is dangerously beyond 30 years grin.

There is no special sign...I have two friends that have told me that they knew immediately they saw their wife that she was the one. One of them is living in hell now, the other one is quite happy with his choice.

My own experience is to find a nice lady that likes you too, and date her consistently for at least a year. Consistently means weekends, and weekdays not just on dates but doing things that you usually do alone together. Listen to what she says, watch what she does. What are her ambitions and aspirations? How does she treat you and your friends? By about 3 months you should know if you want to continue with the relationship. If you both like each other, and you are compatible, at some point you will take precedence in her life and vice versa...nobody will tell you at that point that you should go and seal the relationship at the altar.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by MissyB3(f): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
sessydoo:

Yes Miss B, i want to put a ring right now if u allow me. But honestly is she ur gel? do u know her personally? if yes pls help me tell Bimbo to learn how to behave in public. We boarded the same plane from heathrow airport to Nigeria and i was so ashamed to see Bimbo shouting on her phone, even after they have asked evrybody to switch-off their mobil fones. not nice at all

Did i just say Bimbo?? pls pardon me, it was this busty babe that acts yoruba movies, foluke daramola. dnt think i ve met bimbo one-to-one b4
I thought as much! Bimbo is too classy and courteous to act like a market woman in public. cheesy
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by jobaskia(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
women's world is really a complex. A Woman"s anatomy is equally complex as well. But the incontrovertible fact remains that it is woman that salvages marriage. Over - bloated ego makes them feel no one is right for them. I cant count the number of women that throng churches or wherever seeking one problem or the other especially fruit of the womb. Though,God does it all.

Had it been she is married she wouldnt have quoted that. It's just flimsy excuse .who know like beta thing. If she likes she should marry at 120 is no one's biz. A Stitch in time save nine.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Bamz(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
"But I won't marry for people, I will marry for me."

Awwwww
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by hallmark77: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Everything she said make sense but the fact that she smokes weed make me to wonder if she is married to her weed unknowingly...Weed addiction has no cure....
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by dokkyelele(f): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dont be deceived my friends.
She is screwing someone l know but she's not a lez, very sure.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Bamz(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
stereo: I'm no sexist. I like her stand on finding the right person; the one she wants to be with forever and all that.

But then I've to say this is the kind of thinking; the idea of getting the ideal, complete man that leaves people getting old and lonely. Nobody wants to be alone.

Don't be fooled. Maybe she's not good enough for the men she claims to have turned down.

Just my opinion. No attacks please.

Hmmm good point.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
ypzilanti:

I agree that there is nothing wrong with chasing a woman. There is normal shakara, (that is welcome) and then there is NO! NO! NO! If you are very persistent, you can change the NO by the time the girl is dangerously beyond 30 years grin.

There is no special sign...I have two friends that have told me that they knew immediately they saw their wife that she was the one. One of them is living in hell now, the other one is quite happy with his choice.

My own experience is to find a nice lady that likes you too, and date her consistently for at least a year. Consistently means weekends, and weekdays not just on dates but doing things that you usually do alone together. Listen to what she says, watch what she does. What are her ambitions and aspirations? How does she treat you and your friends? By about 3 months you should know if you want to continue with the relationship. If you both like each other, and you are compatible, at some point you will take precedence in her life and vice versa...nobody will tell you at that point that you should go and seal the relationship at the altar.

Got it. Seems like time and prayers will tell.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Bamz(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
pro01: Hmmm. . .incredible. It's always interesting to see someone stick a huge, fat middle finger up in the face of tradition - more so when done with such artistry as Bimbo just did.

I meant to diss the flabbiness out of her when I saw the topic, as I thought it must be a really bitter case of sour grapes. However, reading the main post has left me confounded by the sheer clarity of her thought, eloquence of her words, and persuasiveness of her argument. I shamelessly have to admit that I am persuaded by these arguments, regardless of her real motives.

All these UI products no dey fall hand at all.

Notwithstanding there's no right/ideal person as @Billyonaire previouslly said.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by miredia(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
dokkyelele: Dont be deceived my friends.
She is screwing someone l know but she's not a lez, very sure.
I bet the type of sex she's having gets tiring over time. That's what i'll refer to as mechanical sex.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ypzilanti: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Got it. Seems like time and prayers will tell.

You summarized it nicely.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Abagworo(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
At 37, most men/women you would want to marry are already married and your choice is narrowed down. She's in deep ish. Her only luck is if she runs into one of her good ex's that's still single at late 3os/40 or probably widowed or divorced. Other than these, she could settle down as a billionaire politician's 5th wife.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by luvmijeje(f): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
GO BIMBO GO BIMBO.Wow o so inspiritional.This thread came at the right time,if nt if nt .........
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by joanana(f): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
Word!!! Bimbo some people marry to change their status while others marry cos they r ready for it. That's the fact!!! if u know u cant do it , DO NOT DECEIVE UR PARTNER N SPEND LIFE TIME IMPRISONMENT or u will get the tag from single - married - divorcee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sluch333: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dis na advert o, she de try find guy abi' grin shocked cheesy grin shocked cheesy
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Claus(m): 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Talk is cheap.

It's good to wait patiently for someone that's right for you. But anyone that's in and out of relationships (to the extent that two of her exes proposed) and still can't settle down has a flaw that's fatal to relationships.

If you're waiting for the one, wait patiently and choose carefully. No point jumping in and out with men you have no intention of marrying.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by mbulela: 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:

When I find the person that makes me feel I can do this forever, then I am ready." Bimbo Akintola, 37.
But that is no guarantee that it will last forever, so why bother? According to her logic, there is no need marrying cos there is no guarantee that it will last forever.
Bimbo is a very intelligent and eccentric lady besides being a talented actress but this her argument is not it.
I agree with the part about not marrying for people,infact i am not even convinced that all should marry but that highlighted part is flawed.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nurry: 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Seriously, why do some pple rush into marriage these days? Is it because of pressure from family and friends or because of the statusquo? Are most pple that rush into marriage happy? Let's learn to marry cos we have found the person we would spend the rest of our life with. Let's be wise when going into marriage so as to reduce the rate of divorce
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sessydoo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:
I thought as much! Bimbo is too classy and courteous to act like a market woman in public. cheesy

Rilii? u re so confident of this ur babe. anyw my ring is ready now oooo, where is ur finger?
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by MissyB3(f): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Make I see picshore first. Anything less than a diamond ring is a No, and I shall wait, even till 70, until I find that man willing to give it to me. tongue
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sessydoo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B: Make I see picshore first. Anything less than a diamond ring is a No, and I shall wait, even till 70, until I find that man willing to give it to me. tongue

loll u re funny. which pix? ur diamond ring or my pix? lolll. dnt worry, u giv me d addr and wil post it 2 u. wink wink
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by God2man(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:

"I will be 70 and still be single if I do not believe honestly that I have found the right person. We are all on earth as individuals. Some of us will marry; some of us will not. Some of us will have children, some of us will not. So I never judge myself according to other people's standard.
Marriage is such a huge deal and I'm not in a hurry to go there. That's the truth.

If you find maybe two of my ex's, you will find out that I've had proposals. But I turned them down because at the end of the day, you are saying 'I pick this person above everybody else in the
world, till death do us part.' I had better believe that! If I don't believe it, it's not going to happen.

If I'd wanted to be married 15 times over, I would have. But I won't marry for people, I will marry for me. When I find the person that makes me feel I can do this forever, then I am ready." Bimbo Akintola, 37.

The voice of the mature spinster.
She has said it all, I just pray that you will find the right partner.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sheringan(f): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B: That's my girl! cheesy

Your sorry excuse for not having a husband bah
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by God2man(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:

"I will be 70 and still be single if I do not believe honestly that I have found the right person. We are all on earth as individuals. Some of us will marry; some of us will not. Some of us will have children, some of us will not. So I never judge myself according to other people's standard.
Marriage is such a huge deal and I'm not in a hurry to go there. That's the truth.

If you find maybe two of my ex's, you will find out that I've had proposals. But I turned them down because at the end of the day, you are saying 'I pick this person above everybody else in the
world, till death do us part.' I had better believe that! If I don't believe it, it's not going to happen.

If I'd wanted to be married 15 times over, I would have. But I won't marry for people, I will marry for me. When I find the person that makes me feel I can do this forever, then I am ready." Bimbo Akintola, 37.

The voice of the mature spinster.
She has said what people should know about marriage before signing the marriage contract., I just pray that she will find the right partner.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by kumbalo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
i think she just ma kind of girl-be my baby mama and gerrout of my life...you u live urs and i live mine. Ojukokoro no go let me stay on one... #thinkingAloud?#
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by avalontony(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
lady, u neva hear say, it is not good for a man(women inclusive) to be alone?
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by nyce03(f): 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
True talk
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by onnari(f): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
It's her decision and she must b a-ok with it for her to publicly announce it. She seems like a smart lady who knows what she wants and/or doesn't want. Our displeasure or acceptance of her choices wouldn't make much of a difference.
www.thatssewnaija..com
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by StepG: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Anniesalis(f): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Waoo!!! Bt she looks younger than ha age
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by ngnetbiz: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Virgin mary' § agenda...just keep that p**sy tight for me,maybe after i don do like 1000 girls when î am 70yrs. Then we can both be in luv triangle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anita Joseph: I Never Said I Was Pregnant / Omoni Oboli And Nnamdi Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary / Real-Life Cat Woman Jocelyn Wildenstein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.