Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! (18317 Views)

Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Holy Spirit Is With You Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
Janosky:

God is a living spirit person/being.
His eyes and finger are not living persons.
Confused JohnW Fraud.

@bold, oh duh really!
and this mumu false accuser janosky calls another confused

cannot stop lying and false accuser like your daddy, and run away coward false jw janosky

for the 10th time:

you said the Holy Spirit is a "it" and not a person
because the greek for Holy Spirit is "pneuma"

well the greek for Father God/Spirit is "pneuma"
so is Father God a "it"? oh one of nairaland's bigest false jw mumu fraud's

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev 21:8  But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Image123(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2020
Janosky:

1. That finger also writes, it wrote the Torah.
Bros, is that finger a person?
This question is still chasing you:
Your Bible says.. death stings. Bros , is death a living person?

Elder J.J Jano, you are dribbling me. Your ogas have given you answer to post at last. Tell them this. Here is the question.
1. Does a finger speak?

Every normal human literate use their hands to write. We have yet to see or hear any finger SPEAK. The Holy Spirit speaks, He says, He prays and He teaches. These are things that persons do.
BTW, pins, thorns can sting or prick you. Fire can burn you. This is normal language not to be confused with the clear personality attached to the Holy Ghost all over the Bible.
Let me confuse you further,lol. Jesus is referred to as a Branch and Rock. Does that erase Him from being a person? Why do you establish and build doctrine on one leg/verse because they told you so as tradition in your kingdom hall?

The law against LYING was written by the finger of God (Exodus 31:18), & the disciples understood the principles behind it.
When Ananias lied against what was written by the finger of God, who did he lie against?

2. Do you lie to fingers? Yes or No, you are stammering and dribbling. Jesus is referred to as the Word of God, was He a person? He is also Bread, is He still a person? Have they ever lied to your finger before? J.J Jano, let us be fearing God.

(2B)
Let me put it in another way:
I wrote a Letter to you , you read it and refused to abide by what I wrote.
Bros, by your actions who did you reject ?

Good of you, you are close. This makes the Holy Spirit to be God. If you refuse the Holy Spirit, you refuse God. They are One.

3.Is holy spirit a man ?
Why did you dodge the question?

Here was the question, why did you change it, you don't like the question? Here, "3. So when God says a man is His battle axe, the man is no longer living?"

God qualifies man as a Battle axe(non-living thing) howbeit figuratively. If we follow your logic/expo consistently, man is not a person. That one verse figuratively calls a person finger, or branch, or Rock, or bread, or axe does not make them lose their personality. It is figurative language.

[b]Bros, READ & STUDY !!!!!!
15. The “spirit of God” is synonymous with the “hand” and “the finger” of God (Ezek. 3:14; Job 26:13; Ps. 8:3; Luke 11:20). It is nonsense to call a “co-equal and co-eternal person” the “hand” and finger” of another such person. In fact, as a man’s hand and finger are subordinate and submissive to the will of a man, so the spirit of God is subordinate to the will of God. As what is done by the hand of a man is done by the man himself, so what is done by the spirit of God is done by God Himself. His spirit is his will in action, performing that which He “sends” it to perform.

This one is from one of your textbooks or magazines i guess. Who made it nonsense to be figurative? Your council of elders? No one is arguing equality, at least not yet or in the sense you hope to carry it. The point is DIVINITY. One step at a time, remember? Your body is sometimes subject to your inner man or spirit, or at least it is supposed to be under by Bible standards. It doesn't make your body not to be YOU. Your spirit or inner man is you, your body is same you. God the Father is God, and like no other person or thing, God the Son and the Spirit are also God.

16. The “spirit of your Father,” is synonymous with “the holy spirit,” and is said to speak in our stead on certain occasions when we might be brought before men for possible persecution or trial (Matt.10:19 and 20; Mark 13:11; Luke 12:11 and 12). On the same topic, Luke 21:15 says that Christ will give us “a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” Rather than saying that a person called “the Holy Ghost” will speak through us, these verses teach that we will be inspired by the supernatural power of God and Christ to speak as they give us guidance.

He is a Spirit duh, just like evil spirits are spirits and can possess and speak through people. Acts 16 comes to mind. Satan speaking through Peter comes to mind. The Holy Spirit speaking through anyone does not make Him less Spirit or less Person. It's what spirits do. Your own spirit speaks through you to express worship and whatever else.

[b]17. If the spirit is a sentient (able to sense, be self-aware), separate and distinct being with personality, then Jesus either did not know this or was very inconsistent in giving “Him” proper due. In Matthew 11:27, Jesus asserts that “no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son…” If “the Holy Spirit” is a person distinct from the Father, and is also omniscient and almighty “God,” then would He not also have to know the Father and the Son? Jesus’ statement, then, would not have been true, and in fact would be a lie.

This is laughable, i sincerely hope this is your personal thought and writing, not some expo from your books at the Hall that they teach all of you. The Holy Spirit is obviously NOT a MAN, is He? God is not a man, duh. SMH.

The same is true for Jesus’ assertion in Matthew 24:36 that no one knew the hour of his Second Coming except the Father. How could “the Holy Spirit” be kept in the dark about this very important prophetic event? Are we to believe that it is possible for one member of the Godhead to keep a secret from another member while sharing the same eternal and divine “essence” of “Godself?”
cheesy grin [/b]

This is what makes them three SEPARATE persons, not the same person in different forms. It simply shows that it is the decision of the Father. Even God the Son was not in the know at least at the time of speaking. Was He a person or no? BTW, my subordinates can know many things that i don't know and only brief me on what i consider important. So knowledge is relative and not necessarily a judge or measure of superiority. Many 1st class students are controlled by a degree less boss. Knowing a particular hour in man's event is not necessarily the most important knowledge in the Universe or Heaven. Don't overrate man. Next.

1 Like

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Janosky: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Image123:

Elder J.J Jano, you are dribbling me. Your ogas have given you answer to post at last. Tell them this. Here is the question.
1. Does a finger speak?

Every normal human literate use their hands to write. We have yet to see or hear any finger SPEAK. The Holy Spirit speaks, He says, He prays and He teaches. These are things that persons do.
BTW, pins, thorns can sting or prick you. Fire can burn you. This is normal language not to be confused with the clear personality attached to the Holy Ghost all over the Bible.
Let me confuse you further,lol. Jesus is referred to as a Branch and Rock. Does that erase Him from being a person? Why do you establish and build doctrine on one leg/verse because they told you so as tradition in your kingdom hall?

2. Do you lie to fingers? Yes or No, you are stammering and dribbling. Jesus is referred to as the Word of God, was He a person? He is also Bread, is He still a person? Have they ever lied to your finger before? J.J Jano, let us be fearing God.

Good of you, you are close. This makes the Holy Spirit to be God. If you refuse the Holy Spirit, you refuse God. They are One.

Here was the question, why did you change it, you don't like the question? Here, "3. So when God says a man is His battle axe, the man is no longer living?"

God qualifies man as a Battle axe(non-living thing) howbeit figuratively. If we follow your logic/expo consistently, man is not a person. That one verse figuratively calls a person finger, or branch, or Rock, or bread, or axe does not make them lose their personality. It is figurative language.

This one is from one of your textbooks or magazines i guess. Who made it nonsense to be figurative? Your council of elders? No one is arguing equality, at least not yet or in the sense you hope to carry it. The point is DIVINITY. One step at a time, remember? Your body is sometimes subject to your inner man or spirit, or at least it is supposed to be under by Bible standards. It doesn't make your body not to be YOU. Your spirit or inner man is you, your body is same you. God the Father is God, and like no other person or thing, God the Son and the Spirit are also God.

He is a Spirit duh, just like evil spirits are spirits and can possess and speak through people. Acts 16 comes to mind. Satan speaking through Peter comes to mind. The Holy Spirit speaking through anyone does not make Him less Spirit or less Person. It's what spirits do. Your own spirit speaks through you to express worship and whatever else.

This is laughable, i sincerely hope this is your personal thought and writing, not some expo from your books at the Hall that they teach all of you. The Holy Spirit is obviously NOT a MAN, is He? God is not a man, duh. SMH.

This is what makes them three SEPARATE persons, not the same person in different forms. It simply shows that it is the decision of the Father. Even God the Son was not in the know at least at the time of speaking. Was He a person or no? BTW, my subordinates can know many things that i don't know and only brief me on what i consider important. So knowledge is relative and not necessarily a judge or measure of superiority. Many 1st class students are controlled by a degree less boss. Knowing a particular hour in man's event is not necessarily the most important knowledge in the Universe or Heaven. Don't overrate man. Next.
Bros, does God not have eyes, is that a figure of speech?
God have hands and ears, is that a figure of speech?
grin cheesy
Please stop DECEIVING yourself

Everything you wrote up there is built on John 14:17 fallacy: holy spirit is a spirit entity , distinct from Yahweh and Jesus.
The Bros come here to claim holy spirit is God Almighty himself grin cheesy grin cheesy

Bros, Almighty God is how many spirits?
grin cheesy

3[b]. Although the Hebrew word for “spirit” (ruach), can refer to angels or evil spirits, which are persons or entities with a personality, the Hebrew usage of “the spirit of God” never refers to a person separate from, but a part of, God Almighty. Neither does the phrase, “the spirits of God” occur, which would refer to separate spiritual entities within a multipersonal God.

a. Zechariah 6:5 refers to the “four spirits of the heavens” riding in chariots, but the NIV text note supplies an alternate reading of “winds,” which makes more sense in the context—the four winds of heaven going North, East, etc.).

b. Revelation 1:4 refers to the “seven spirits” before the throne of God. Are these seven “Holy Spirits,” or sentient entities, within the “Godhead?” The context provides the answer: they are the seven lamps of fire burning before the throne (4:5 – NRSV) and the seven horns and seven eyes of the slain Lamb (5:6). These are likely the same “spirits” mentioned in Isaiah 11:2 in connection with the Messiah: the spirit of the Lord, the Spirit of wisdom, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of counsel, the spirit of might, the spirit of knowledge and the spirit of the fear of the Lord. These “spirits” are undoubtedly symbols of the intense power of insight and judgment with which the Lamb will judge and reign over the earth during the Millennium.

4. As with the Hebrew word, ruach, the Greek word for spirit (pneuma) also has many different meanings, the correct one also being determinable only from the context of each occurrence. Although Greek has both upper and lower case letters, the early manuscripts employed either one or the other. Therefore, no accurate distinction can be made in the original manuscripts of the Bible between upper case “Holy Spirit,” a proper noun referring to God, and lower case “holy spirit,” referring to an impersonal force. Compounding the problem is the fact that the article “the” was often added by translators, leading the reader to think that “the Holy Spirit” is referring to a separate person, a third person of “the Holy Trinity” as taught by traditional Christian orthodoxy.

5. Scholars admit that the concept of the Trinity cannot be substantiated in the Old Testament. In particular, “the Holy Spirit” as any kind of independent or distinct entity has no place in Old Testament revelation. Therefore, they say, the concept must be derived from the New Testament. With the exception of a few comparatively difficult verses in the Gospel of John that are often misunderstood, the New Testament also gives no certain and incontrovertible indication of a “Holy Spirit” as a personal being co-equal with the Father and the Son. This is a rather glaring omission if the Triune God is supposed to provide the foundation of Christian orthodoxy, yet the “tri-unity” of God cannot be clearly established even with New Testament revelation. Thus it makes sense to understand “holy spirit” in the New Testament just as it was understood in the Old Testament, either God Himself or His presence and power.

6. The Greek word for “spirit,” pneuma, is neuter, as are all pronouns referring to the spirit, making them necessarily impersonal. New Testament translators knew this grammatically, but groundlessly translated references to the coming “spirit of truth” as “He” instead of “it” because of their Trinitarian prejudice (e.g., John 14:17). If they had consistently translated the neuter pronouns of John 14 through 16 as “it,” “its,” “itself” and “which” instead of “he,” “his,” “him,” “who,” and “whom,” the case for the “personality of the Holy Spirit” would largely disappear from Christian belief. Such a major theological doctrine with such important implications for foundational Christian theology cannot depend on a few pronouns, but rather should be founded upon the weight of the biblical evidence considered as a whole, apart from tradition and prejudice.

7. Any translation from one language to another must recognize the relative unimportance of gender. For the most part, languages that assign a gender to nouns do so in a rather arbitrary manner. For instance, the Spanish word for car is masculine, el carro, while a bicycle is feminine, la bicicleta. Yet no one would translate into English “the car, he…” or “the bicycle, she…” Either word would require the neuter “it” to reflect the impersonal nature of the object. A writer or a poet might employ such a figurative expression in the use of pronouns, but any reader acquainted with the objects referred to would recognize the figure of speech employed. Such poetic personification is employed in reference to “the Comforter.”

No3-7, addressed every angle of the fallacy Image Bros is defending.
Everywhere in the OT, holy spirit has no personality, as soon as una reach John 14:17, una change "it" to "He" , the same manner una forge the FRAUD of 1 John5:7. grin cheesy.
It's your choice to reject the Biblical evidence put forward by the OP.

NB, The OP of this thread is not even a JW. cheesy grin
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2020
The Holy Spirit is God:
Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 
Act 5:4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God

God is the Father and the Word:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Christians that have the Holy Spirit living in them
know that they have God living in them - the Father and the Word(become Jesus Christ) Living in them:

Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

@underline, false jw's of course don't know any of that
in fact, they don't know any of any of it
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Janosky: 11:09am On Nov 24, 2020
johnw47:

The Holy Spirit is God:
Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 
Act 5:4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

know that they have God living in them - the Father and the Word(become Jesus Christ) Living in them:

Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Wacky post cheesy grin.

John 14:23, Did Jesus tell you holy spirit is God?
He didn't even mention holy spirit in that verse.

For your mind, God will leave heaven and dwell inside a foul mouthed JohnW bigot.
Even your fellow Trinity devotees are not safe from your foul mouthed rants.
Triune 3 spirits idol worshipper.
Continue DECEIVING yourself.
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Janosky: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2020
johnw47:

you said the Holy Spirit is a "it" and not a person

well the greek for Father God/spirit is "pneuma"
so is Father God a "it"? oh one of nairaland's bigest false jw mumu fraud's

JohnW LIAR.
Greek for Father is patér.
Greek for God is Theos.

Lie lie FRAUD man.
Greek for spirit is pneuma.

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Janosky:

JohnW LIAR.
Greek for Father is patér.
Greek for God is Theos.

Lie lie FRAUD man.
Greek for spirit is pneuma.

cheesy grin grin grin

oh duh ,very big twister/liar false jw janosky
and know nothing

you said that the Holy Spirit is a "it"
and i have pointed out to you that the greek referring
to Father God as being a Spirit is"pneuma"

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit(pneuma): and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

so most unintelligent and twisting fraud,
for the 11th time: is Father God a "it"?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
Janosky:

Wacky post cheesy grin.

For your mind, God will leave heaven and dwell inside a foul mouthed JohnW bigot.
cheesy grin cheesy

of your father the devil, false accuser janosky

oh duh duh duh duh, it's the Holy Spirit that lives in believers:

1Co 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

^^ 1Co 6:1 shows that the Holy Spirit lives in believers
Joh_14:23 shows that Father and the Word Jesus comes and lives in believers

i also posted this showing that the Holy Spirit is God:
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

janosk fraud, see how your confusion and twisting is getting even worse in these times smiley

also, point out the bigotry and foul mouth rants in my post, oh heap big false accuser like your daddy:

johnw47:
The Holy Spirit is God:

@underline, false jw's of course don't know any of that
in fact, they don't know any of any of it

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Janosky:

Twisting & GIBBERISH as usual
cheesy grin

Janosky:

More twisting & GIBBERISH. grin cheesy cheesy

run away coward and fraud jw janosky

point out the twisting and gibberish in those posts
so i can show yet again what a false accuser like
your daddy, you are

Rev 21:8  But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 2:47am On Nov 25, 2020
Janosky:

Wacky post cheesy grin.

cheesy grin cheesy

false accuser, fraud jw janosky
do tell of the triune 3 spirits idol that i worship

and do quote me to prove yourself, wont you, oh big lying sissy

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by johnw47: 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
poor cowardly fraud jw janosky
you cannot reply honestly to any post showing up your lies, of course,
none of you false jw's can

^^ such are you satan's mob: liars, false accusers, cowards, confused, deluded, etc.etc.
as your posts show daily

and mumu jw, your many laughing icons in most of your posts are to try and disguise your very many lies and know nothingness,
they don't work in doing that, but they do go hand in hand with your no intelligence

and you know your daddy is pleased with you:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? / The African Origin Of Is-ra-el / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.