Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) (14999 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are Preparing For The Easter Season In The North. PICS / Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / Court Orders NCC, Telecom Firms To Pay APC N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2012
And the descent into madness continues. . .
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by goldenguy29(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2012
What ar they stil waitin 4? This aboki ppl ar stil in d stone age. Yeye animals.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Perhaps they feel With the few available horses they can easily dispatch their mails, and consequently have no need for technology. These people are unrepentantly backward. I'm happy I'm not a core Northerner
What if you happen to be one?
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2012
Na dem sabi! If they don't need technology then I think all Telecommunication companies should withdraw their services!
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by super1760: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2012
ekt_bear: they can use talking drum to communicate instead of cell phone

after all technology haram, yes? cheesy
grin grin absolutely. An average northerner dosent give a damn about gsm or technology,as long as his small radio is by his side and mat to lie and keep the radio by his ear. Shikena!!!

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by gr8man: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2012
How does this affect the price of suya in the market? undecided
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Rich4god(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2012
Dem dey troway food wey dia papa dey give dem... Make we see who hungry go catch.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by tegax(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2012
Na today? All na initial gra gra. Them no fit try am. No be this same 9ja we dey again sef?
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by ezebinugwu21: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2012
I no fit laugh o o how will it be if all the generals from north doesnt use phone,ride on boko if u stop thurnder will strike all of u down,d next wil be cars,then plane,plus electricity then north be perfect.aboki na aboki
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by yeye4live(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2012
I heard boko haram wants to bomb nairaland too s it true
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Pimples(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2012
Idokojimmy:
Telecoms infrastructure analysts in the country have put the average cost of a base station at $250,000, which amounts to N39.47m at an exchange rate of N157.91 to a dollar as at Thursday.

With 26 base stations already destroyed, an investment of N1.03bn might have gone down the drain.

/
I did not Know a base station costs that much........ I hope the operators have insurance against things like these
In almost every business there is an element of Risk.....

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by isquar3d3(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2012
mjay: Let any base station destroyed not be repaired/replaced.
how about our brothers who have businesses there? How about our Corpers there?..Imagine d faces of worried mothers who cannot reach their babies on 'national service'. How about the majority of Northerners who do not subscribe to the ideologies of the terrorist group? Collateral damage...really?? If our government remain clueless, what do u do as a person? I haven't got the keys to Aso Rock but cuttin'em off isn't the answer. It takes away whatever glimmer of hope they've got left.

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by safarigirl(f): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2012
Okay, so the abokis do not deserve GSM, what about the Igbos in Sabon Gari? The Nupes, Igalas, Kanuris, Kabba? They didn't say the core North, they said, the NORTH, may include Kogi, Benue, Plateau, Taraba and those people who have nothing to do with the jihadists? We shouldn't punish millions for the sins of a few hundreds.

7 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Mavor: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2012
These niggaz belong in the stone age. Connect a wire to two empty peak milk container and give to them. Mtchewww!!!

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by onyxo76(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2012
i guess there are no more police stations to attack hence the shift to base stations.if they bomb all these finish how will they communicate about how to plan the next attack.na dem sabi jare!!!
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by donigspain(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2012
I can smell it...
I can feel it...
Oh yeah, almost there...
The LAND of the RISING SUN!!!
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by vislabraye(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2012
Since they don't want progress, let the telecom companies, phcn, TV and radio station (including DSTV) leave them to themselves.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Chanchit: 10:54am On Sep 07, 2012
I hope they cut them off ASAP. We need this regional government o, so by then, they can also ask PHCN to leave the north and all cars including okada sef, i knw they won't be needing the internet.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by born2boink(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2012
Thank God I am not an Hausa Man......

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2012
At least cellphone-triggered detonators won't work on their (BH's) IEDs anymore.
I wonder if they have alternative modes of communication to enable them wade their crazy war....
I hope our Govt and security agencies realise how tactically disadvantaged the anti terror campaign will be without telecomms....
E wan be for peeps wey dey for north be dat o!
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2012
donigspain: I can smell it...
I can feel it...
Oh yeah, almost there...
The LAND of the RISING SUN!!!

Wat are u perceiving, INDIAN HEMP?
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2012
Ak47 bullet: Ratatatatatata kpooooom! These boys are not ok. Becos of those small toys, they are making their region slip back into the dark age. They've never been civilized. They don't even need the network, what's an Aboki doing with a phone? If you make your place attractive, we come, if you don't, we go. It's simple, investors take note.

When you start your post with that your irritating line....people generally lost interest in what you want to say....no matter how brilliant that post may be.

They are better ways of having a signature opening lines.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by lanetrips: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2012
Dey think bombing of these facilities will deter the govt,ppl,tel companies and d press from fighting dem?I av told someone before,maybe its until dey kill d sultan or someone very close to him dat d northern elite wil stop dia errand boys from dis develish adventure.come to think of it,I thot we were told dat kabiru sokoto is d chief planner,mastermind and a whole lot more for d group,has he not 'confessed anything?
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by sambos994(m): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2012
Northern leaders...you've asked for it!!!
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by DANILSA(m): 11:03am On Sep 07, 2012
I support the Motion, western education is a serious sin, let's kill the infidel, destroy communication(camel still de)destroy bank( we can do akawo) destroy car( after all our fathers trekked to chad) let's destroy gun( the prophet used arrow) no more cloths( animal skin covering de) let's kill the politicians(only the sultan is approved by allah) let's go back to the stone age so the southerners can be ashamed and allah will be happy.
Sheik issa bin armed.gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by super1760: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2012
vislabraye: Since they don't want progress, let the telecom companies, phcn, TV and radio station (including DSTV) leave them to themselves.
who told you they have dstv? What will they be watching?
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by gator666: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2012
Some deserve to be bombed back to the stone age... and use drums and smoke signals for long-distance messaging. Civilisation is not for everyone.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by buJu234: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2012
i sorry 4 them; they are already 200yrs behind in development now they want to make 1000yrs behind.

after their govt. will b crying 4 increase in federal allocation to b put into their personal pockets...
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2012
CUT THEM OFF!!!. if they dont, this would repeat itself again, just cut them off for like two weeks make their eyes clear small. then next time if they want to behave like this Residents and security forces(after experiencing how two weeks without gsm/internet services feels like) of that area would ensure it doesnt happen since they are also part of the problem if they cant help in solving it

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by justokey(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2012
naptu2: Their goal is to control through fear.

1) Telecoms service providers are assisting the security services to crack down on "Boko Haram" by helping them trace and monitor calls. Solution - scare telecoms service providers so that they'll fear "Boko Haram" more than they fear the government and stop helping government.

2) Media organisations have been reporting government's successes in the war against "Boko Haram", citizens' rejection of "Boko Haram's" ideology and splits within the terrorist organisation. Solution - kill journalists, bomb media houses, etc so that they'll fear you. Proclaim that your name is not "Boko Haram" (actually boko haram is the nickname given to them by local people in Yobe and Bornu. Their name is actually People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet's Teachings and Jihad) and threaten to kill any journalist that calls you "Boko Haram".

3) Citizens of Kano have been aiding the SSS by identifying and reporting "Boko Haram" members. Solution - launch daring raids on Kano. Kill a lot of people in Kano. Distribute leaflets stating that you will kill any Kano resident that identifies/reports "Boko Haram" members.

4) The SSS has been the most successful security agency in the fight against "Boko Haram". Solution - publish the SSS pension and personnel roll to show them that you know who they are, where they are and can hit them anytime you want. This should strike terror in their hearts.

We need to unite to confront and defeat this "Boko Haram" monster[b][/b].

Very good and scary analysis. This guys are more intelligent than we give them credit for. For those insulting the northerners, i doubt if a right thinking and/or educated person will support anyone who destroys their socioeconomic environment including the future of their children, notherner or southerner.
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by achi4u(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2012
Let us keep quite and allow them to destroy themselvies first,imagine people without internet and phonegringringrin
Re: Terrorism: Telecom Firms Threaten To Cut Off North (Pics) by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Declares Free Primary, Secondary Education In Rivers / No Governorship Election In Yorubaland In 2022 - Banji Akintoye / Gov Buni Remains APC Caretaker Chairman, Senate Caucus Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.