Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain (4441 Views)

Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Dont Let That Over Ripe Plantain Waste / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by sophy09: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hello,please does anyone have a recipe for over-ripe plantain? I presently have some over-ripe plantain and I do not want to throw them away.
Thanks.
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by MissyB3(f): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
If they are too ripe to be used as dodo, mash them and add to beans. That's what I do.
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by sophy09: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
After from mashing and mixing it with plantain, what other recipe do you know.
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
you could make plantain balls with it. It is prepared by blending the plantain and adding flour. Turns out somewhat like buns. You could try getting the recipe from the net.
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by sophy09: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
Can you give the website where I can find the receipe. Thanks
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by tpia5: 12:56am On Aug 21, 2013
bump
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by tpia5: 1:00am On Aug 21, 2013
Plantains can be used for cooking at any stage of ripeness, and very ripe plantain can be eaten raw. As the plantain ripens, it becomes sweeter and its color changes from green to yellow to black, just like bananas. Green plantains are firm and starchy, and resemble potatoes in flavor. Yellow plantains are softer and starchy, but sweet. Extremely ripe plantains have softer, deep yellow pulp that is much sweeter than the earlier stages of ripeness.

Plantains in the yellow to black stages can be used in sweet dishes. Steam-cooked plantains are considered a nutritious food for infants and the elderly. A ripe plantain is used as food for infants at weaning; it is mashed with a pinch of salt and is believed to be more easily digestible than ripe banana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantain_(cooking)
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by ifekemmy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
U can mash ur plantain , add dice pepper(rodo) into it , den add salt. U can now mould it into small balls in fried in oil, make d result a little darker. Well it cool , u n enjoy it. It is called DODO IKIRE.
U can drink gari wth it or take it with soft drink

U can blend it, mix it with flour, baking powder, little sugar n fry it . Yummy yummy!
Re: Recipe For Over-ripe Plantain by Smartrizz: 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
Woa! I tried it, was yummy. Can't upload the pix

(1) (Reply)

Where & How Can I Get Quality Vegetable Grinding Machine In Nigeria? / Any Baking Courses In Port-harcourt ??? / Help:how To Start A Cake Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.