Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? (4324 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / For The Ladies: Moving Out Of Your Parent's House, Yay Or Nay? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2012
In this part of the world, is it a crime to stil live with your parent after your university education?
Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by holyvirgin: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2012
when he can afford a place of his own plus a stable job then he can move
Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by holyvirgin: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2012
Enangson: In this part of the world, is it a crime to stil live with your parent after your university education?
no is not a crime bt u should b making plans 2 leave as soon as u can afford a place, so as nt 2 loose respect
Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by MissIfe(f): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2012
I believe children should leave their parents' house as soon as possible once they graduate and therefore make plans to find a job/place to stay even before graduating.
However, considering how the economy is nowadays, it doesn't surprise me that some young adults have to stay longer at their parents' house : time to secure a job, save a little bit and move for good.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by Bawss1(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2012
Yes it is a crime. Stop looking for justification for living with your mama smiley
Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by Acidosis(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2012
Bawss1: [b]Yes it is a crime. [/b]Stop looking for justification for living with your mama smiley

..and punishment?

@Topic, I do not think its "criminal" for anyone to stay with his parents after graduation.
Is it not same with you that stayed with your uncle, brother, sister? As long as your not capable of getting a place of your own, then your definitely lodging in someone else's house, be it your parent, or brothers. We have some that are working already but still stay with their parents till the time their pay can get them a good place.
One thing that kill some is EGO a.k.a Poverty. "I must leave now and get my own, I don't need my father's money, I'll work it out myself.. I AM A MAN!" very funny! [Rich men transfer wealth to their children, & grand children Imagine Bill Gate's son saying "To hell with my father's wealth!"]

However, the aforementioned does not just justify staying with parents after graduation but the truth need to be told, LEAVE AT THE RIGHT TIME and only you can identify that time.. ..it may be age 20, 23, 25, 26 and even 17 or 18..oh yes I know someone that got himself a good place after O'level. ..so you see why you shouldn't boast of anything..!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
@OP
A) whenever there is a NEED for him to do so
i certainly understand why a young man would stay at his parents home/BQ (even if he could afford his own place), if he is still welcome. why pay for your own place when you can save that money instead, while living at your parents home? ....... or is being independent a requirement in a man's life, regardless of your situation?

B) whenever he can AFFORD it
unless you can take care of your immediate needs, there is no reason to go out and leave the comfort of your parent's home. only go when you are READY!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling / Avoid These Scammers!!! / Unusual Behaviours Of Women In Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.