Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,608 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling (4315 Views)

Married Nairalanders I Need Your Help! It's Urgent. / Schooling And Living On Campus: The Nigerian Experience... / Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 1:55am On Aug 06, 2014
Good day everybody my name is kofoworola and am in real need of your help, I understand my story my seem fake considering the fact that am using a new moniker, I actually created it because of this purpose but am willing to give out all nessecary details to anybody that wish to verify my claims I know that after going through my story some people will say am not serious that am I not grateful I can travel abroad, but I swear if I can turn back the hands of time I would have chosen to stay back in the country and finish my education,please I know the rate of fraud and 419 is much but pls just give my a chance to prove my self may God bless you all

I got my admitted into the University last year and was given a discount in terms of scholarship as an international student from Nigeria making my tuition fee reduced and there is provision of paying twice per semester, we (me and my mum) were happy little did we know that it not as it seems, it wasn't until I got here that I found out that my accommodation fee is almost double of my tuition and by then it was already late To turn back, making the yearly total of both school and accommodation alone $**** asides feeding and clothing but to the glory of God we scaled through even though it wasn't easy cause as of now I still owe school $1000 and a new semester starts in October 2014

I have come to ask for assistance in other to ease the burden of my mum, am a serious student and my academic performance can attest to it, out of a gpa of 4.00 for this semester am having 3.78 and a cgpa of 3.48 with qualifies me has an high honour student.
Pls I don't have any particular amount to ask for I just need help from well meaning Nigerians and I know that through God and this platform I can make it. I have seeked for scholarship from the state scholarship but yet to get a reply,and also I have sent several request to people but help isn't forth coming pls assist my mother she has been the only one going through it all for both me and my siblings all four of us

I understand the need to verify my claim so I am going to put out all nessecary details
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 4:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Pls I know people have checked this thread pls don't just view and pass I really need help pls, I beg am ready to give out information for people to verify pls, I posted this in this section cause I know there are a whole lot of matured people, pls assists my mother,.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by padeolu: 4:25am On Aug 06, 2014
I smell scam. But wetin concern me.

And BTW, na by force make u go school for abroad? The money u used in processing the admission, flight etc is enough to send you to a good federal university here upto PhD level.

As I earlier said, wetin concern me.

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 5:13am On Aug 06, 2014
padeolu: I smell scam. But wetin concern me.

And BTW, na by force make u go school for abroad? The money u used in processing the admission, flight etc is enough to send you to a good federal university here upto PhD level.

As I earlier said, wetin concern me.

In all sincerity, I was expecting a post like this so I will answer in detail
It not by. Force as a matter of fact I never dreamt of schooling abroad put in mind that want not in a western country, am in the Middle East
I am an ND holder so I presume you understand it wasn't a rush or do or die thing, stayed at home for three years polytechnic included before mum said we should try our best out my be luck would smile on us

Asides from the ticket fee I tell you the school is cheaper than some private university in Nigeria, hostel included Admission is free and the quality is great.

Thanks all the same if not for the situation of our country and believe me nobody wants to be a beggar not even for water so we all are not scam
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Come back home bro. We can raise mny for federal university for you.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by GboyegaD(m): 6:01am On Aug 06, 2014
How many more years do you have and how do you plan to raise the money? Are you allowed to work during the semester and holiday? Kindly think of that as well.
lastly, approach International Advising to know what your options are.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 6:13am On Aug 06, 2014
Gaggi: Come back home bro. We can raise mny for federal university for you.

Lols am a girl actually kofoworola, believe me I talked about that with mum but her response was God will see us through, that if I return home it means the whole of a year is wasted, both money and all the stress we went through reading exams and even the days I didn't have anything to eat, also she said what the probability of been admitted on coming back jamb and post jamb hustle that I shouldn't worry miracle will happen Lols and I really hope for it thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by padeolu: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123:

Lols am a girl actually kofoworola, believe me I talked about that with mum but her response was God will see us through, that if I return home it means the whole of a year is wasted, both money and all the stress we went through reading exams and even the days I didn't have anything to eat, also she said what the probability of been admitted on coming back jamb and post jamb hustle that I shouldn't worry miracle will happen Lols and I really hope for it thanks
If true, I believe miracle will happen. And it won't just happen, it will happen way sooner than anticipated. But still you don't have to starve your self in another man's land just to get a degree you can get with ease in your fatherland.
Moreso, I doubt if the school is better than what we have here.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2014
GboyegaD: How many more years do you have and how do you plan to raise the money? Are you allowed to work during the semester and holiday? Kindly think of that as well.
lastly, approach International Advising to know what your options are.

Yes we are allowed to work but getting the job is related to counting the sand, Lols exaggeration but truly it hard to get a job, for example I finished my final exams for last semester June 21st and even before exams started I wrote application to 3 places and also checked back because my intensions was working and paying my hostel fee my self while mum pays for the school fee,no call back till now

Normally am schooling duration ought to be 8 semesters that 4 yrs, but if you pass a certain gp you are allowed more courses, bichirs fortunately I am so I will probably finish in 3yrs or 3.5yrs so starting from October 2014 I have 2yrs more

How I intend running it is on my mum, this year happened this way cause of some unforeseen circumstances at home, I can't say I know subsequent yrs would be great but I know by the grace of God it wont be so bad.

Also I already submitted application to the state scholarship board am hoping for a positive result

Hope I was able to answer your questions and thank you

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2014
padeolu: If true, I believe miracle will happen. And it won't just happen, it will happen way sooner than anticipated. But still you don't have to starve your self in another man's land just to get a degree you can get with ease in your fatherland.

Yes thanks for the prayer I claim it in Jesus name and as for the quality trust me it is better
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2014
padeolu: If true, I believe miracle will happen. And it won't just happen, it will happen way sooner than anticipated. But still you don't have to starve your self in another man's land just to get a degree you can get with ease in your fatherland.

Amen, I claim the prayer in Jesus name, and as for the quality it is better trust me
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2014
Give us more info. What is the name of the school, the course, your year, yearly fees etc. Even if people will help, they need to know details so they can do their fact finding before dropping their hard earned money.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Gaggi: Give us more info. What is the name of the school, the course, your year, yearly fees etc. Even if people will help, they need to know details so they can do their fact finding before dropping their hard earned money.

K I feel I have nothing to hide anymore so here it goes
Eastern Mediterranean university north Cyprus
2nd year/3rd semester
$3750/$1867.50
Hostel is yearly $3950

I know that on sighting the price most people will stay we have over stepped our boundary, I know it the truth cause as of yesterday I still told my mum the same thing, that this school Isn't for our type that is sustaining on God's grace, but at the same time I understand her reason for wanting the best for us because she herself didn't have the opportunity for one.

I understand if people are full of doubt but please let The Lord touch me through you, am not asking for the full money just some to ease the burden on my mum, cause even though she has refused to say it we (children) know that she is tired and the load is becoming unbearable for her to carry please
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by GboyegaD(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123:

Yes we are allowed to work but getting the job is related to counting the sand, Lols exaggeration but truly it hard to get a job, for example I finished my final exams for last semester June 21st and even before exams started I wrote application to 3 places and also checked back because my intensions was working and paying my hostel fee my self while mum pays for the school fee,no call back till now

Normally am schooling duration ought to be 8 semesters that 4 yrs, but if you pass a certain gp you are allowed more courses, bichirs fortunately I am so I will probably finish in 3yrs or 3.5yrs so starting from October 2014 I have 2yrs more

How I intend running it is on my mum, this year happened this way cause of some unforeseen circumstances at home, I can't say I know subsequent yrs would be great but I know by the grace of God it wont be so bad.

Also I already submitted application to the state scholarship board am hoping for a positive result

Hope I was able to answer your questions and thank you

Yes you did. Have you tried applying to a grocery store perhaps as overnight stocker? You could also try look for a security job. This is a phase and surely it will pass.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123:

2nd year/3rd semester
$3750/$1867.50
Hostel is yearly $3950

I know that on sighting the price most people will stay we have over stepped our boundary, I know it the truth cause as of yesterday I still told my mum the same thing, that this school Isn't for our type that is sustaining on God's grace, but at the same time I understand her reason for wanting the best for us because she herself didn't have the opportunity for one.

I understand if people are full of doubt but please let The Lord touch me through you, am not asking for the full money just some to ease the burden on my mum, cause even though she has refused to say it we (children) know that she is tired and the load is becoming unbearable for her to carry please

That's a lot of money. I wish you the best.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Godson201333(m): 9:41am On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123:

2nd year/3rd semester
$3750/$1867.50
Hostel is yearly $3950

That is the problem with Nigerians most especially with ladies,When they are back home and you advise them of having enough money before traveling abroad,They will be like hahaha he doesn't want us to be there...It is very dangerous for ladies to travel abroad most without having enough fund....cos i cant imagine how ya gonna survive.I wonder what Nigerians are studying/doing in Cyprus,Turkey,Ukraine and more when they are third world countries in Europe....I wish you good luck though.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Godson201333:

That is the problem with Nigerians most especially with ladies,When they are back home and you advise them of having enough money before traveling abroad,They will be like hahaha he doesn't want us to be there...It is very dangerous for ladies to travel abroad most without having enough fund....cos i cant imagine how ya gonna survive.I wonder what Nigerians are studying/doing in Cyprus,Turkey,Ukraine and more when they are third world countries in Europe....I wish you good luck though.

Lols, but am sure you know it not by gender, what are we doing? Studying of course yes it might be a third world country but you education is guaranteed, I studied in Nigeria before leaving so I understand what am talking about. It dangerous trust me but it same thing for the male folks also.
As for survival I wil and trust me it won't be illegal, major thing is school fee and accommodation the rest shall fall in place.
Thanks for the luck I receive it
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gaggi:

That's a lot of money. I wish you the best.

Lols you right a whole lot but I believe
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
GboyegaD:

Yes you did. Have you tried applying to a grocery store perhaps as overnight stocker? You could also try look for a security job. This is a phase and surely it will pass.

Coded racist, they are some certain job they don't give blacks, the island is too secured 24/7 CCTV in all stores including phone shops, so I doubt if applying for security is advisable

Amen ijn
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pls a lot of people are still checking pls I seriously need help pls

Ifyalways pls with my other moniker I found out that you have helped someone out on issue like this before, please I also need your help
am not the popular type that why I don't know people to call to my aid pls I need all the help I can grt pls chaircover pls I need you too
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123: Pls a lot of people are still checking pls I seriously need help pls

Ifyalways pls with my other moniker I found out that you have helped someone out on issue like this before, please I also need your help
am not the popular type that why I don't know people to call to my aid pls I need all the help I can grt pls chaircover pls I need you too

God will help you and raise helpers for you and also open ways for your mum to be able to support you.

Under the circumstances travelling wasnt the best thing for you knowing your financial situation and it seems that you didnt do your homework well before stepping out. Accomodation is not the same as tuition fees and that should have been considered. Also not all countrys are accomodating and friendly to blacks.

However you are there now, and no point crying over spilt milk and its now up to you to do all that you can do to raise funds and ensure that you finish your education
You said you applyed for 3 jobs, you may need to apply for a lot more than 3, You still have 2 months before session starts again so make it a point to go out there and seriously look for work.
you also need to think about the kinds of jobs you apply for. Many students do all sorts of jobs; shelf stacking, warehouse, factory etc you shoild be able to do anythng so long as its legal and will not hurt you.

What about other students in your sitiution? how do they survive? also In the hostel can you offer any services, such as making hair etc

My dear you are not alone and there are many many people in your situation.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
chaircover:

God will help you and raise helpers for you and also open ways for your mum to be able to support you.

Under the circumstances travelling wasnt the best thing for you knowing your financial situation and it seems that you didnt do your homework well before stepping out. Accomodation is not the same as tuition fees and that should have been considered. Also not all countrys are accomodating and friendly to blacks.

However you are there now, and no point crying over spilt milk and its now up to you to do all that you can do to raise funds and ensure that you finish your education
You said you applyed for 3 jobs, you may need to apply for a lot more than 3, You still have 2 months before session starts again so make it a point to go out there and seriously look for work.
you also need to think about the kinds of jobs you apply for. Many students do all sorts of jobs; shelf stacking, warehouse, factory etc you shoild be able to do anythng so long as its legal and will not hurt you.

What about other students in your sitiution? how do they survive? also In the hostel can you offer any services, such as making hair etc

My dear you are not alone and there are many many people in your situation.

It is well.

Thanks in the hostel I do make hair,and I intend selling hair extensions and relaxer next semester already told mum about that
Ike I said earlier am still searching for job, not giving up because I still have hope, it just that the jobs open to blacks here are limited mostly waiters, and cleaners asides that it hard to get other jobs
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by GboyegaD(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oriayo123:

Coded racist, they are some certain job they don't give blacks, the island is too secured 24/7 CCTV in all stores including phone shops, so I doubt if applying for security is advisable

Amen ijn

That isn't been racist as they are only been proactive to enable them track down burglars. That said, you can still give it a shot and I believe you stand a chance if there are openings.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
GboyegaD:

That isn't been racist as they are only been proactive to enable them track down burglars. That said, you can still give it a shot and I believe you stand a chance if there are openings.

K will try thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 2:06am On Aug 07, 2014
Pls people am still begging pls don't just leave me all alone, cause asides God and my mum I have no one else and I pray that none of us will beg for basic things in life pls

Berem okijajuju1 ifyalways seun pls I don't know people don't even know who to call upon please people pls help me
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2014
Please people don't just read an pass please I need help
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by uzoexcel(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
nothinh wrong with doing waiter and cleaner jobs...
in the uk even the white students do work...no one looks at anyone's face...2 of the white british undergrad students in my former flat worked in clubs on wed and friday in the club bar...another girl in first year worked in the supermarkets in the evenings three days a week...u know where the shoe pinches u so anyhow job as far as u wouldnt be molested should be alryte...also try and cool down and learn the language intensively and u may get a job as an english private teacher o peeps
good luck though
Oriayo123:

Thanks in the hostel I do make hair,and I intend selling hair extensions and relaxer next semester already told mum about that
Ike I said earlier am still searching for job, not giving up because I still have hope, it just that the jobs open to blacks here are limited mostly waiters, and cleaners asides that it hard to get other jobs
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Oriayo123(f): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please people I seriously need this help, in terms of verification am open to answer any question pls, there is little or no hope left for me please I beg of you
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
My dear, people won't listen to u because what u are asking for is for people to fund ur luxurious lifestyle. Schooling abroad is a luxury for majority of us here. So u expect someone to collect salary that is barely enough and send to u getting quality education and then struggle to look for mny for his own son in a government school?
This is becoming embarrassing. Find a way to make mny or come back home. The average Nigerian is struggling. Nigerians are generous enough to donate some of their hard earned mny to the sick or the very wretched but asking them to donate to u is indirectly telling them they are stupid.
Create another thread with another moniker and tell us u are poor and are abt to be thrown out of the streets with ur family. We will listen to u then. The tehn might also sympathise with u. Till then, quit embarrassing yourself and us with this silly thread.

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Aqva: My dear, people won't listen to u because what u are asking for is for people to fund ur luxurious lifestyle. Schooling abroad is a luxury for majority of us here. So u expect someone to collect salary that is barely enough and send to u getting quality education and then struggle to look for mny for his own son in a government school?
This is becoming embarrassing. Find a way to make mny or come back home. The average Nigerian is struggling. Nigerians are generous enough to donate some of their hard earned mny to the sick or the very wretched but asking them to donate to u is indirectly telling them they are stupid.
Create another thread with another moniker and tell us u are poor and are abt to be thrown out of the streets with ur family. We will listen to u then. The tehn might also sympathise with u. Till then, quit embarrassing yourself and us with this silly thread.

I am sorry but your post reeks of sheer unenlightenment. Schooling is abroad can never be described as luxury especially when she stated clearly that she was admitted on a scholarship.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
[b]OP..

Putting aside all doubts, I sympathise with you.

Please I need you to forgive alot of the people posting harsh and negative comments on here, most of them cant even be of any real help to you even if your story is verified anyways, others are just being Nigerians and doubting until proven otherwise.

Now schooling abroad does indeed come with alot of unforseen baggages that does tend to take international students unawares. Example: Cost of living, availability of jobs, hidden charges not listed in the brochure or covered by your scolarship, e.t.c.

I would really love to help you, but I really cant do much for you at this time. However, here is my advice; reachout to Mynd44, JayBee and R231 of Nairalands TeHN and present your case to them. They will vet it, verify your claims and then take a decision on what to do about it. Soliciting for help all on your own here on Nairaland without the backing of TeHN is going to be a very very difficult road. You can open a million threads and the result would still be the same.

Contact TeHN and hopefully, your case gets a thumbs-up.

#Finally:: Keep strong and keep the faith.. EVERY problem we face today would never lasts forever.

GOODLUCK..
The Gods are Wise
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling by ifyalways(f): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2014
^ ^ discount is same as scholarship undecided
Schooling abroad, traveling abroad no matter how you see it, is a luxury to a good percentage of Nigerians.

@OP, first , this COULD be scam.

Assuming you are real, what happens after now? How do you survive next semester, year etc?

I wish you the very best.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Pressuring Me For Another Baby / Handling Parental Pressure: For Young People / Mother-in-law Sends You Packing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.