Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95520 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 1:19am On Oct 29, 2008
then get a speed booster like onspeed or modem booster
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Cipriani(m): 2:18am On Oct 29, 2008
@stan abeg, hw I fit get d freegate & oda configs 4 zain & mtn. abeg send me info 2 my boxes luwatos1@aol.com or orlusosan@yahoo.com. B xpctng Ur reply. abeg.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by talk2medo(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2008
Infobaba! Pls can I use SAGEM & SONY ERICSSON phone as a modem, if yes, what is the Extra initialization commands for SAGEM & SONY ERICSSON phone?
I will be waiting for ur reply.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2008
@cipriani,,, i knt sit down to mail u al that wit out buks man :p read d 2nd and 3rd page of this thread to learn it 4 4ree,just lik i did wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by samuelk(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2008
Medo,sonyericsson does not require extra initialization command,just locate ur internet setting under data comm,nd use d id of the accesspoint as your dial up number,eg *99***1# ,*99***2# the number b4 the # is the id of the accesspoint,i dont know about sagem
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by edeth(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2008
hello nairaland gurus plz i dont kw what is d prpblem wit my laptop,i try 2 conect is not connecting instead it write another modan is running am using window vista
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by chyk91(m): 2:06am On Nov 14, 2008
info baba it di not work, i av configured celtel settings on fone and taken ur steps on page1 but it still isnt workin. opera mini is installed on ma fone but not on my laptop. abeg help.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by chyk91(m): 3:13am On Nov 14, 2008
info i tried all u described and i started browsin wit my opera mini on fone using mms 4 celtell but it wont still connect on my pc. i use a nokia 3230. i dont kno wats happenin abeg help me.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by airvision(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2008
@Infobaba- Please can i use nokia e65 or nokia n73 for free internet browsing and please how do i make it work, better still i will like to have your contacts so that we can have a meeting, and then you help me configure it.
my email is
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zylkenny(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2008
abeg infobaba,were did you go now?We need your expertise oh!
Besides due to my recent predicament with my hp jornada pocket pc,i need to buy a new smart phone or pocket pc.I however don`t know which one to go for.Problem`s that,i do a lot of business on my set while refusing to compromise music quality.I`d have gone for a nokia n81 but it`s not a business phone.The iphoneseems to be more music-oriented than business oriented.Any advice guys?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2008
info says he's retired
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by lynxnoon(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2008
zyl_kenny:

abeg infobaba,were did you go now?We need your expertise oh!
Besides due to my recent predicament with my hp jornada pocket pc,i need to buy a new smart phone or pocket pc.I however don`t know which one to go for.Problem`s that,i do a lot of business on my set while refusing to compromise music quality.I`d have gone for a nokia n81 but it`s not a business phone.The iphoneseems to be more music-oriented than business oriented.Any advice guys?
Hv u hed of nokia E71?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2008
hmm, window vista platform wanted to disgrace sha,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by luckybest(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2008
infobaba- plz. i want to have the zain free browsing configuration or MTN free browsing configuration on PC. this is my e-mail: reeman_victor@yahoo.com

thanks in advance[code][/code],
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zylkenny(m): 3:07am On Nov 27, 2008
lynxnoon:

Hv u hed of nokia E71?

Yeah.Checked it out today.Problem`s it`s not windows mobile.Will it serve me as well as my pocket pc?I wana use it strictly for business.Besides,i was looking at the apple iphone too.Is it windows mobile?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by segun14(m): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2008
Thank you everybody i am new here and my name is segun,pls i try to connect my phone sonyericsson k750i to the internet by my celtel line is not working
pls i need your assistance pls thank you for your support
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by segun14(m): 7:54am On Nov 29, 2008
Hello i am new here thank alot for your advice and knowledge so how can i connect my phone to my pc with celtel line pls i really need ur help guys teach me thank
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2008
[b]segun],read the read the 1st 4 pages of this thread
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2008
segun,read the read the 1st 4 pages of this thread
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2008
I think there's something missing in this thread undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2008
enhen? Lets start the ultimate search nau? Wats missing drag?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2008
still searching. . . . . . . .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by just1n(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
zyl_kenny:

Yeah.Checked it out today.Problem`s it`s not windows mobile.Will it serve me as well as my pocket pc?I wana use it strictly for business.Besides,i was looking at the apple iphone too.Is it windows mobile?

try nokia 2626 tongue instead. . . . . . . . . . .  u just de kere here. ah! tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by just1n(m): 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2008
wetin dis drag dey search for sef? undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2008
search me
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by just1n(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2008
m comin. . . . . . tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by aboki2: 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
hello world & naija,

until a few days ago i was very happy browsing the internet on MTN using NOKIA E51 as modem with phone network settings set to UMTS.

But now, i cant browse anymore! I had to change the network setting to GSM. And of course the speed is now very slow

I suspect the 3G network is down here is surulere.

Is anybody in nairaland having the same problem?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by segun14(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2008
when i try to connect my zain line to my laptor it bring out a error the connection will bring and he will not connect , the pp link control protocol was terminated i use sony ericsson k750i pls help me out .Thank you
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by segun14(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
do i need to have opera on my phone before i can browse on my laptor ?
do i need to change my APN from wap.ng.zain.com to mms.ng.zain.com is help me out i need to browse with my zain line pls
ur support is needed pls
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by mikson(m): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2008
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by just1n(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2008
Dis one don reach here tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.