Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95483 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:26am On Jun 03, 2008
info, oh ! I left u here! Well I fell aslp after my last post. . .go0d wrk bt c0ntinue o tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 6:22am On Jun 03, 2008
Gudmornin peeps

@info
tot i told u not 2 instal vista,gosh dat os sucks.I told u 2 instal xp sp2 n den love-vendor 2 vista!

But b careful wit sum pimpin,dey drop somany processes on ur system n it begins 2 crawl.Lata in d day, i wuld giv u sum hints on hw 2 love-vendor xp witout instalin 2 much softwares."Welcome 2 d club of ANTI-VISTA"

C ya lata gat 2 go 2 work.

@negro
can u hook me up 2 pls. aboylos@hotmail.com. Tanks
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 11:14am On Jun 03, 2008
goodmng,everyone i must commend you guys are doin a good job here pls dragnet,infobaba,hansibone and others i 'm havin problem with my phone to pc connection i use my Celtel 2brows on my pc earlier this year i was cut off feb. now i connect to pc but i cant browse all i get is the window could not open the files please help me my phone is sonyericsson k750i. thanks
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2008
juli9, what connecti0n are u using??, wap? or??
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ hansibone

Am counting on you o wink

@ dragnet

I will modify in the scrnshots by saturday
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2008
Solution On How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (For Windows VISTA)

1: First thing first. Install your phone's Connectivity Cable Driver

2: Connect your cable to your phone and PC and

Wait till all 'installing device driver software' are all 'ready to use'

3: Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > Phone and modem options

You will be requested to choose country and city code (use 1)

4: Go to modems tab (Click on your previously installed phone. properties)

5: Click on change settings (windows would request for your permission to continue)

6: A new properties would pop out, go to modem tab, change your maximum port speed to 460800 or more,

7: Go to advanced tab, put in +CGDCONT=,,"mms.ng.celtel.com" (works if your line has been activated for celtel mms only). To use any other access point,change +CGDCONT=,,"access point" access point to your desirable one (OK)

:8 Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Network And Sharing Center

9: Click on Setup a connection Or network

Choose '(The third option) Set up a dial-up Connection

10: Use the following Details

Dial-up phone number: *99***1#

User name: wap
password: wap

Connection name: You're free to use any name

All done? click on connect

11: Connecting to (name) . Dialing *99***1# , verifying user name and password,

Registering your computer to the network

12: Testing your Internet connection . . .

13: Done. Click on Browse the Internet now

Or

If Testing your Internet connection takes too long,

or

14: Not successful, click on set up the connection anyway

15: Next, you will be required to set the network location, just choose any of the locations jare (vista is just wish to be troublesome)

16: Double click on the connection profile you just created

17: Click on Dial (or what again were you waiting for wink? )

18: Hurry, successfully connected to network

19: Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Network And Sharing Center and click on manage network connection

20: Right click on your connection name to create a shortcut on your desktop

If connected yet not browsing,

Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Internet options then go to connections tab. Select your connection name

Mark use proxy server

For celtel, let your address be: 172.18.254.5 and port: 8080

OK  cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2008
info, nice one there . .scrnsh0t til sat. cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
Download the zipped attachment for the shots. I arranged them numerically. [td][/td]

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2008
. . . . . Till I get home tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2008
dragnet,i have mms settings and wap both connects but doesn,t open pages
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2008
pls is window xp pack3
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
pls is window xp pack3 right now am using my cellphone
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 11:03am On Jun 04, 2008
infobaba, i don't know how to thank u but eshe my guy am browsing on my pc again yessssssssssso smiley smiley smiley god bless.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by deeteeneey(f): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
Tanx dragnet. tanx info. @dragnet think i can continue from here, will let u know if i have any more questn.tanx once again.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by alex406(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2008
Info good job,i will go ahead and try the process,i am using Celtel.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Fadajasi(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2008
Ehen
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2008
@ hansibone

Please drop the URL on where i can get the 'hints on hw 2 love-vendor xp witout instalin 2 much softwares'

@ Dual Core

You too
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by samuelk(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2008
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2008
@ hansibone and Dual Core

No link abi? angry angry

@ dragnet

Emm mm sorry for the little delay, i guess am just too lazy to add scrnshot for now. lipsrsealed

You can get all info from this link if need be. : http://sharebee.com/8abb7bce
Size: 653.85 KB

Am not just in the mode for nairaland and it wahalassssssssssss
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by DualCore1: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2008
Yay soßrry info, hvnt been to dis 4 a while. Wen we jam for yim we'll change ya XP's life. Holla.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 6:22am On Jun 11, 2008
Sori info,ive bin 2 busy wit work,promise 2 drop a link n 1 software 4 u.Wit only dat ur xp coms 2 lif.

Hw is our anti-vista campaign?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2008
please is there a way i can download win messenger and opera, using celtel connection?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2008
@juli9 . . download ultra suff . . then connect with it . . here is a creenshot of the ultra surf . .

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2008
tnx tobs i will give it a trial
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2008
here is a link were u download it ultra surf
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by juli9(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2008
you 4got to drop the link may be i will google it out!.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2008
click on the ultra surf i wrote abov.it will take u to the site. . . .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by nifty: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2008
Who has the idea how much a nokia N95 cost
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2008
@Info

Any Solution on Iphone? undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2008
@ ztyle

Sha that toy? nah
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by shreks(m): 5:04am On Jun 15, 2008
Guys i have been stopped. The celtel browsing thing is not going again. Can you fill me in on the whole settings again. dareabayomi3@yahoo.com
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ultimates7: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2008
okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.