Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95455 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 11:59am On May 15, 2008
true!!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2008
@drag

av u tried d 6030 tin, ?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 12:18pm On May 15, 2008
Nope, still gat imprtnt tings to do. . . . Later. . .bt I've downldd 4.1
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 12:27pm On May 15, 2008
ok,

if u want 2 try it, use a mtn line first, wit about 30 naira inside it, cause sumtim em em s dey Bleep up,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by anonymoz: 1:02pm On May 15, 2008
@ Dragnet.
I mean the em em s.I want to understand it.what it can and not do.
the freedom is another case,I have it but cant configure it well.please can you help with freedom?It should be better then em em s.with all the buzz!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2008
Hmmmmmmm,

Sumtin is fishy in here,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2008
Hmmmmmmm,

Sumtin is fishy in here,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by grock1(m): 1:50pm On May 15, 2008
hi dragnet and hanisbro, pls can u guys help me out with the free glo browsing stuff. . . . im using nokia n72
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 3:13pm On May 15, 2008
anonymoz, I've only heard & read about freedom whateva. .havnt seen it. .havnt used it. Moreso, I didnt say I had glo whatever o! undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2008
dragnet:

anonymoz, I've only heard & read about freedom whateva. .havnt seen it. .havnt used it. Moreso, I didnt say I had glo whatever o! undecided

me to ohhhhhh undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 10:46am On May 16, 2008
y una dey pick on me.i just ask make una help me.if una no sabi the solution to my prob make una no diss, Haba, wetin sef
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2008
youmour:

y una dey pick on me.i just ask make una help me.if una no sabi the solution to my prob make una no diss, Haba, wetin sef

guy wetin happen?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:09am On May 16, 2008
i fit browse my PC using my phone as a modem via the nokia pc suite but the major problem be say my money dey finish under 1min with recharge of 400bucks, is there any solution out there for this.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:12am On May 16, 2008
na MTN i dey use, n wats the config for celtel wap settings?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2008
youmour:

i fit browse my PC using my phone as a modem via the nokia pc suite but the major problem be say my money dey finish under 1min with recharge of 400bucks, is there any solution out there for this.

guy for now, deres no cheat to browse wit mtn on a pc and celtel dont activate people anymore, so pls browse wit mtn on ur phone, dat wuld be cheaper,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:23am On May 16, 2008
i got this from a friend take a look n see maybe its any good , any need getting the opera browser for fone?if yes can u link me up.

It's very simple. First install nokia modem option on pc. Then connect your phone to pc via bt. Then on pc>new internet cnnctn>on the dial up number just input *99# here you go.

Updated for the Nokia 7610/6600:

First pair your PC and your 7610/6600 via bluetooth. Next set your pc as authorised on your phone. Then install "gnubox_6670.sis" on your phone.

These are the changes you will have to make on your PC:

1) Create a Windows user named 'Nokia' with a password 'pass' on your PC.

2) Next create a Bluetooth Serial Port with Secure Connection Required in the Local Services of advanced conf. of bluetooth setup. It will look like "COM3" but it will be different on your PC.

3) Then enter Phone and Modem options and add a modem of type 'Communications cable between two computers' connected on Bluetooth Serial Port which will be "COM3" or whatever COM port your computer is using.

Code: ‹ Select › ‹ Select ›

a)control panel / phone and modem options / modems

b)add / dont detect my modem/next

c)communication cable between two computers

d)select com port COM3

4) Using 'New Connection Wizard' found in Network Connections I created an incoming connection.

a)network connections/new connection wizard/next

b)setup an advanced connection/next

c)accept incoming connections/next

d)select communications cable between two computers/next

e)select do not allow virtual private connections/next

f)check the Nokia user and uncheck the other users/next

g)enter the properties of internet protocol(tcp/ip)

h)specify tcp/ip address from & to as 10.0.0.10 & 10.0.0.11/ok/next

i)finish

5) Ok, now open notepad and copy/paste the following code and save it as 7610.txt or 6600.txt. You will then transfer 7610.txt to your phone by right clicking the file and choosing send to/Bluetooth/your phone in windows explorer. 0-

CHARMAP [windows-1252]
LOOP 10
{
SEND "CLIENT"+<0x0d>
WAIT 3
{
"SERVER" OK
}
}
EXIT KErrNoAnswer$

OK:
EXIT
These are the changes you will have to make on your 7610/6600:

1) Open the 7610/6600.txt file received via bluetooth and selected options/send/via text message to get it in edit mode. Beginning from the line starting as CHARMAP and while pressing the pen button and down arrow on the phone, select the whole script and click Copy. After releasing the pen button, click Close without sending and exit the messaging menu.

2) Next create an Access Point by entering Settings/Connections/Access Point/New Access Point with the following parameters

a) connection name=Bt,

data bearer=data call,

dial-up number=2222,

user name=nokia,

password=pass,

authentication=normal

b)options/advanced settings,

phone ip adress=automatic,

primary name server=(the primary dns address your ISP provides),

second. name server=(the optional secondary dns address your ISP provides),

use ppp compression=yes,

use login script=yes,

click login script and press pen key on the phone and paste the script/ok/back

and exit AP setup

3) Now open gnubox

options/install/auto set modem ID,

options/install/create records,

close gnubox

4) Open gnubox again

2box bluetooth/serial prt/pc require encryption=yes,

options/debug/test comm channel,
(Your PC will notifiy you that your phone is trying to connect to bluetooth serial port and will ask for authorization, Be sure to check the 'always allow' check box and click the OK button)

bring up IF,

close gnubox

5) Finally, open any browser, and enter a URL you have never surfed before via GPRS to ensure that the result was not coming from the cache. Opera will ask you which connection to use, and you will choose "Bt". Be sure that your bluetooth connection is turned on.

6) Now everything should be working fine!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 16, 2008
grin ;d
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2008
lol

men didi just read all of dat, embarassed undecided dont know d meanin oh,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 16, 2008
@ hansibone

Na why i just shine teeth grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 1:10pm On May 16, 2008
@info

omo me i confusss, shocked
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 3:54pm On May 16, 2008
. . . .some1 pls interprete that to french! 'cos its like I've lost my english skills grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 16, 2008
dragnet:

.I've lost my english skills grin

And you think this is a laughable matter? cry
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 4:28pm On May 16, 2008
I need extra lessons undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 16, 2008
Then enroll into in angry
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by igbsam(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2008
wat in d world was that write up. Thats the most confusing write up av ever seen. Haba. Na by force to read & write ?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 16, 2008
@ youmour

Open a new thread jo. See watin you don cus now angry
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 16, 2008
Battery low! sad
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 16, 2008
Battery low! sad
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2008
lol

wetin dey happen,

omo my system see dat post SHUT DOWN, grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by igbsam(m): 9:04pm On May 16, 2008
I can't find the mouse pointer on my laptop. I have the monalisa picture as my wallpaper, but after seeing that gibrish post by that crazy dude, the smile on monalisa's face became embarassed. Somethings are not meant to be publish, we need someone to screen all writeups before posting. This one na Disaster. We must not stand and watch. I hear say dem dey use this kind post dey send bomb, news reaching us from the Al - Quadea Hideout, no ask me how i hear am.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 8:50am On May 18, 2008
igbsam:

I can't find the mouse pointer on my laptop. I have the monalisa picture as my wallpaper, but after seeing that gibrish post by that crazy dude, the smile on monalisa's face became embarassed. Somethings are not meant to be publish, we need someone to screen all writeups before posting. This one na Disaster. We must not stand and watch. I hear say them dey use this kind post dey send bomb, news reaching us from the Al - Quadea Hideout, no ask me how i hear am.

lol, A - Quadea ke, shocked
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 19, 2008
thats just the first part its a 12 page descrption on how to browse freely, will paste em up later today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.