Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties (12146 Views)

Police Clampdown Will Harden IPOB To Take Up Arms – Constitutional Lawyer Warns / If Ojukwus Aim Was Secession, Why Did He Occupy The Neutral South-south / Should Ojukwus Picture Be Printed On N2000 Note ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by airmark(m): 2:07am On Sep 09, 2012
By TONY EDIKE

THE silent war over the management of some properties belonging to Ojukwu Transport Limited, OTL, has taken another dimension as the wife of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ambassador Bianca Ojukwu, through her lawyer, has insisted that the estate management agent, allegedly appointed by her late husband, Mr. Emmanuel Omuojine of Omuojine & Associates, would remain in charge of the five properties in Lagos.

Directors of OTL, Professor Joseph Ojukwu (Chairman), Engr. Emmanuel Ojukwu, Mr. Lotanna P. Ojukwu, Dr. P. Ike Ojukwu, Arc Edward Ojukwu and Mr. Lotanna A. Ojukwu, had, in a recent public notice, disowned the agent, saying that at no time was he appointed by the company’s board of directors to manage any of their properties.

The properties in question are, 13 Hawksworth Road, Ikoyi (now 13 Ojora Road, Ikoyi) Lagos; 32A Commercial Avenue, Yaba, Lagos; 29 Queens Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos; 30 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos and 4 Macpherson Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Counsel for Mrs. Ojukwu, Emeka Onyemelukwe of Emeka Onyemelukwe & Associates, in a letter, dated May 28, in response to a letter by the OTL counsel, Ifeanyi Okumah of Sterling Attorneys, Enugu asking Omuojine to hands off the properties, informed the directors that the management firm was appointed by the late Ojukwu to manage the said properties under his care and was not relieved of that responsibility until the late Ikemba Nnewi’s demise.

Okumah, writing on behalf of the OTL Directors, in a letter dated May 17, 2012, informed Omuojine and Associates that Massey Udegbe and Co had been duly appointed management agent of OTL properties in Lagos and that he (Omuojine) should not in any manner interfere with the firm (Massey Udegbe) in carrying out its duties.

“You are reminded of the serious consequences of not adhering to the above and that to continue to parade yourself and/or your company as an agent of OTL constitutes economic breaches which are criminal in nature and highly unprofessional,” Okumah stated.

He further asked Omuojine to provide OTL with itemized list of all monies he collected while managing the said properties for several years and remit same to the company, adding that he should among other thing “cease and desist from holding yourself out to be their managing agent”.

Besides, the OTL counsel requested Omuojine to furnish the company with concrete documentary evidence of his appointment as the company’s managing agent including the management agreement and power of attorney purportedly issued to him as well as the statement of account of the funds so far collected.

But replying the OTL Directors on behalf of Mrs. Ojukwu, Emeka Onyemelukwe, her counsel, said “Messrs Omuojine & Associates were appointed by late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, to manage those properties under his care”, adding that “they have not been relieved of that responsibility by late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu until his demise.”

“As our client, the next of kin, to the deceased Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has not also relieved them of that responsibility. We therefore see your demands from them as spurious and fishy,” Onyemelukwe stated, explaining that the properties of OTL had for many years been managed by three separate branches of the family.”

He disclosed that Omuojine manages some of the properties under the care of the late Ikemba Nnewi, insisting that “Massey Udegbe & Co has no business disturbing the properties under the care and management of Omuojine & Associates.”

“May we then use this opportunity to warn that you (Okumah) call your client, Messrs Massey Udegbe & Co, and the unknown director who briefed you to order. They should not in any way disturb the tenants, who reside, and or carry on their legitimate businesses on those properties under the care and management of Messrs Omuojine & Associates, in any form or manner inimical to those tenants’ interests. If they do so, we may have to resort to appropriate measure/s to stop them,” Mrs. Ojukwu’s lawyers further wrote.

When contacted on the seeming face-off, one of the OTL Directors, Dr. P. Ike Ojukwu, said that there was no complication whatsoever, explaining that the properties in question belonged to OTL.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/biancas-lawyer-warns-ojukwus-over-properties/

Greed smells

1 Like

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by egift(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Why can't they go get their own?
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Desola(f): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2012
Fashola needs to deal with this shi.t! A warlord owning properties in choicest areas in Lagos? A Biafran? Omo men...awon omo Igbo yii ti balu je men...

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2012
that 32A Commercial Av. Yaba is the WAEC building right? Hmm..i thought in the aftermath of the civil war properties of igbos in lagos were usurped by the landowners? So this coward ojukwu had preferential treatment even then?

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Osiris211: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
IBB gave him back after the coward begged and pleaded wIth hIm. Only a biafran general will go begging and crying like some cheap oozing punnie.

BoboYekini: that 32A Commercial Av. Yaba is the WAEC building right? Hmm..i thought in the aftermath of the civil war properties of igbos in lagos were usurped by the landowners? So this coward ojukwu had preferential treatment even then?

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Tstark(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Desola: Fashola needs to deal with this shi.t! A warlord owning properties in choicest areas in Lagos? A Biafran? Omo men...awon omo Igbo yii ti balu je men...

If you have nothing good to say just keep your crusty fingers away from the keyboard! Bush woman.

8 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Demdem(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
This thread will be bloody. I can feel it already.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by gbadexy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
I find these needless provocation of the ibos petty.
Its even starting to be boring.
You people should keep on making money for NL.
I know it pisses me off when some bigots stereotype yorubas and I sometimes respond with aggression. Since I know it offends me, I don't like doing it to others senselessly.
But ojukwu get properties for choicest of the choicest area o.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by kaysy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Desola: Fashola needs to deal with this shi.t! A warlord owning properties in choicest areas in Lagos? A Biafran? Omo men...awon omo Igbo yii ti balu je men...

ara ka gba ndi ara

This is just a tease of the eyes ball.

Nigeria is not yet divided... wait till then
We still have Nigerians that owns properties in the UK, so Lagos is even too close for my liking

1 Like

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Fathai(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
This thread go superb gan ni o......lets kick start the entertainment...SEUN MONEY DEY READ!!!...wer ar d G CREW.....i need u guys here o....u guys always put spice......i dont know why seun is banning u guys
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by bashr8: 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
and so . let them fight thats family buisness e no concern anybody
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Intrepid1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2012

The Biafran in death is worth more than you can ever hope to be. Suck on that, dolt.

7 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Intrepid1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
BoboYekini: that 32A Commercial Av. Yaba is the WAEC building right? Hmm..i thought in the aftermath of the civil war properties of igbos in lagos were usurped by the landowners? So this coward ojukwu had preferential treatment even then?

Your 'thought' is obviously influenced by cheap, substandard drugs bought on credit from uncertified, diseased street walkers. Please get out of here and go harass your parents for spawning a worthless fart like you.

5 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by stagger: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
egift: Why can't they go get their own?

My friend stop talking rubbish. These are properties owned by the late Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu which were seized by the Federal Government after the civil war and only returned in the 90s. Professor Ojukwu is the first born in that family and it is simply unthinkable that the Ikemba would now usurp the authority of the first-born of that family to decide who would manage what.

There is a popular accounting firm that has been in trust of the late Sir Louis's properties. Bianca therefore has no right to determine how properties that belonged to her husband's father are shared, especially when he is not the firstborn.

I am not Igbo but I believe in Igbo culture, it is the firstborns who are given the right of inheritance in a family.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
bashr8: and so . let them fight thats family buisness e no concern anybody

+1 e no concern me at all
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by deshclones(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2012

ph00lish ph00l...seems you are just waking up..FYI..igbos have taken over lagos..from isolo down to agbara,ajah,ikoyi,lekki etc...and all you can ever do is come and whine like a kid on NL...

Intrepid!:

Your 'thought' is obviously influenced by cheap, substandard drugs bought on credit from uncertified, diseased street walkers. [b]Please get out of here and go harass your parents for spawning a worthless fart like you.[/b]

falls from maggi cube................ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Dainfamous: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
stagger:

My friend stop talking rubbish. These are properties owned by the late Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu which were seized by the Federal Government after the civil war and only returned in the 90s. Professor Ojukwu is the first born in that family and it is simply unthinkable that the Ikemba would now usurp the authority of the first-born of that family to decide who would manage what.

There is a popular accounting firm that has been in trust of the late Sir Louis's properties. Bianca therefore has no right to determine how properties that belonged to her husband's father are shared, especially when he is not the firstborn.

I am not Igbo but I believe in Igbo culture, it is the firstborns who are given the right of inheritance in a family.
that is being amended, igbo culture is moving with time...

1 Like

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by thirdeye(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
I suspect that Ojukwu's children aren't getting their share from those properties, if thats the case then is not fair, they deserve better Ojukwu's father was the owner of those properties he ended up enjoying what he didn't labour for but was inherited. Why now deprive his children? Ojukwu was at Bianca's naming ceremony but now she want to claim all the properties. Women!
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by onyewec3: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
I reside in oshodi.one thing I realised is that wen a yoruba man dies,d foolish children only sells of the house/landed properties to do owambe party or marry lots of wife....most of all d mud houses in brown street,oshodi have been sold by visionless yoruba childrens....I think dey have devised anoda plan of killing there fathers so dey can hasten d sale of the house.may God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by SamMilla1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
So Ojukwu owns all this mentioned properties in Lagos?

Why then did he tell the Igbo traders to move down to east?
#JustAQuestion
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by outofthebox: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
how old is this brat called bianca sef?
dem go just take am out.instead make she do jeje and face her business,she dey fight on top another man's sweat.useless woman
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by nkemKalu: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
That person called Bobo Yekini is nothing but EWU GAMBIA........OMONILE DON SELL HIM PAPA LAND FINISH TO THE IGBOS AND THEM COME BACK COME DEY CRY FOUL......SORRY FOR UNA......WE WILL SOON START BUYING YOUR GOVERNMENT HOUSES...AND DON'T FORGET...OJO LOCAL GOVERNMENT WAS ONCE BOUGHT BY AN IGBO MAN FOR ...ONLY N500,000,000.00 (FIVE HUNDRED MILLION NAIRA) IF U DOUBT ME GO AND ASK PEOPLE IN ALABA INTERNATIONAL....BUT DON'T ASK ME WHAT HAPPENED LATER COS THE MAN JUST DECIDED TO LEAVE IT WHEN IGBO ELDERS ADVICED HIM TO LEAVE IT. BUT SOONER OR LATER.....WE WILL START BUYING YORUBA SECRETARIATES.......HAHAHAHAHA ... ALAUSA INCLUSIVE

7 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by nkemKalu: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
EWU GAMBIA

4 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
egift: Why can't they go get their own?

[b]Go get their own what? What do you mean? Late Ojukwu was a useless man who married a young woman and ultimately destroyed a beautiful family. Look at all his children, very educated; Doctors, Lawyer, Engr., Arch., and many more. What could any man ask for from a family? You think they couldn't fed for themselves? Do you think getting these degrees in the U.S is a cake walk? You think they are stu$pid. Can you understand what is called: Family wealth continuation? If you never came from a wealthy family, you have no idea or sense of what I am talking about. It's like telling Kola Abiola or Paddy Adenuga to get his own because his Dad, Mike Adenuga or M.K.O Abiola foolishly married a young woman, close to being her daughter and who is bent on taking over everything? Well, for the record, Abiola did marry a lot of wives but Kola acted fast and rescued the family from shame and today continued the family wealth. Any son or rather children, who are sensible, responsible and reasonable will fight for every wealth of the family to maintain family wealth continuation.

If you are not close to this family or don't know his children personally, then you have no right to speak on this. We, who know this family personally shall continue to speak. These are lovely children who were so focused on making the family proud and continuing the legacy of their late grandfather, the patriarch of the family not Ojukwu. These children are still angry their dad, Ojukwu uselessly squandered the wealth of their Grandfather, Ojukwu's dad, Late Louis Ojukwu(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu)who was inarguably one of the richest men in West Africa then. These children are still in shock as to what happened to their grandfather's wealth. Sources have it that the properties they are fighting over was purchased with wealth from Louis Ojukwu. Why Ojukwu was sick, she(Bianca) constantly denied his children access to him, and even so while he was alive.

Please, I urge you all: before you speak ill of these children, go and find out what happened in that family. These children are in pain, pain caused by the stup$idy of their father, all in the name of having a young beautiful flower at the expense of his children and his first wife. Couldn't he have kept her as a mistress and allow is first wife and children to live in peace? [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sam Milla: So Ojukwu owns all this mentioned properties in Lagos?

Why then did he tell the Igbo traders to move down to east?
#JustAQuestion

99.99999999999999% of all Ojukwu's properties were inherited from his late billionaire father, Louis Ojukwu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu

Ojukwu never own anything through out his existence. Let's be realistic here: Name me one established business owned by Ojukwu while he was alive? Name me one, just one? I can assure you: you will not come up with one. Why? All he had was from his Billionaire father. And his children want a piece of that too? Is there anything wrong with that?

3 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Limaoscar: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
I reside in oshodi.one thing I realised is that wen a yoruba man dies,d foolish children only sells of the house/landed properties to do owambe party or marry lots of wife....most of all d mud houses in brown street,oshodi have been sold by visionless yoruba childrens....I think dey have devised anoda plan of killing there fathers so dey can hasten d sale of the house.may God help us all

Hello, I thought we were talking about the ojukwus here....when did you lose track..

3 Likes

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by stagger: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
Da infamous: that is being amended, igbo culture is moving with time...

SO it has been amended to the point where the wife of one of the heirs to the inheritance will decide who gets what when the first-born in that family is still around? I find that very amazing.
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by israelbenzion: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
U come off as very little-minded and shallow.
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by vislabraye(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
I'm not surprised it has come to this. One thing Africans need to do is write a will.
Also heard Ojukwu father was very wealthy. Ojukwu studied in Cambridge. No be joke.
I've seen his house at Queens Drive Ikoyi. A very beautiful bungalow. I think he also owns Jamb office property or his property shares the same fence.

This is what happens to men who can't control their libido. As far as the law is concerned, Bianca is not legally married to Ojukwu because his first wife wasn't divorced.
Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by redsun(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mehn,it is time they change all those oyinbo street names in ikoyi,they sound weird for a "free" afeican state.

It is classic case of oyinbo don release you but you never release yourself.Colomental by the one and only Fela.

1 Like

Re: Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties by Dainfamous: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Danka7777:

90% of all Ojukwu's properties were inherited from his late billionaire father, Louis Ojukwu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu
ojukwu had everything in life,he lived it,enjoy it,even when he was in oxford university he had his rolls Royce and his birthday he buy Rolex watches to all his friends,the money is too much,the shares sir Louis bought from big multi billion foreign companies is more than his landed properties even when sir louis died different chief executives,directors,Ambassadors from different countries even companies like john Holts,PZ group of companies which Sir louis is the biggest share holder till date they use their private helicopter to transport sir Louis to his final resting place in nnewi...

Biafra war cost him so much he used his fathers wealth mostly his shares from the first bank which Sir Louis is the biggest share holder..how many igbo man can use his wealth to fight and protect his people?

I think the children should know that the wealth belong to all of them...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister / Bala Mohammed: NNPC Zero Remittance To FAAC, Recipe For Crisis / 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.