Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS (12145 Views)

Pictures Of Sanwo-Olu And Wike Commissioning Projects In Rivers / Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And Wike (Throwback) / Wike: Jonathan will automatically loose the support of the SS if he joins APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by oikirodah(m): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
2023:Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The South-South Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

If I was to make headlines with the raging battle between the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki and his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike I sure would keep you guys rolling on the floor for the next weeks with giggles, I know what I can do and I sure know how to get you guys reeling on the floor with laughter. 

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State was in Benin City yesterday to meet with PDP delegates ahead of the party's upcoming primaries in May. Because of a conflict of interest between himself and the Edo State Governor, Nyesom Wike's visit was much anticipated.

Summary of earlier events:

Wike pledged to make Obaseki lose weight in the midst of the crisis, and he even dared him to give up his PDP membership and see how he would shave his head.

Obaseki retaliated by saying that Edo State could not be mortgaged, thereby putting an end to Wike's raging, claiming that he has defeated bullies in the past.

It was evident that this would be a Titans' struggle, or as we say around here, "Kill Yourself By Yourself."

"This means that the PDP is preparing to split apart because they have opted to be their own opposition to the South-South attaining the presidency."

All the disgruntled parties were invited to a reconciliation meeting hosted by Ortom of Benue State, where an agreement was reached on the issue of delegates for the upcoming primaries.

The party structure is obviously controlled by Dan Orbih's section, which is loyal to Nyesom Wike's leadership.

Although Obaseki and his Deputy, Philip Shaibu, have a small number of delegates under their control, the reconciliation failed because Obaseki was thought to be after a large piece of the party's structure.

He allegedly demanded all council seats, senatorial districts in Edo South and Central, and House of Assembly seats.

The old PDP, which is fighting Obaseki, cried out, "Fa Fa Fa Foul, you must uphold the Port Harcourt deal."

Hon Ogbeide-Ihama was awarded an automatic ticket to serve as the party's choice for the Edo South Senatorial zone as part of the Port Harcourt agreement.

Now that is just one side of the scrabble the other side is that Nyesom Wike is a PDP presidential aspirant and needs the support of the South-South Governors. 

Obaseki on the other hand is scheming for the vice-presidential slot under Atiku and has his henchmen like Senator Uzamere and co-working assiduously for the come back of Atiku. So this is a double edge war that must be handled with tact. 

As previously stated, Dan Orbih would sue Obaseki in court to prevent him from gaining more statutory delegates through the use of Edo State Council elections.

The court has barred EDSIEC from holding any more council elections. Obaseki has been further destroyed as a result of this.

Wike entirely ignored Obaseki on his visit to Edo PDP delegates yesterday. Wike visited the Oba of Benin before going directly to the PDP delegates, who were headed by the party's State Chairman, Tony Aziegbemi, who is rumoured to be an ally of Obaseki.

That stated unequivocally that there had been no reconciliation and that the bubble was going to burst.

Remember how I said this was a two-front war: one with the Old PDP for control of the party structure, and the other with Wikes' presidential ambitions and Obaseki's vice-presidential ambitions under Atiku Abubarkar.

Matters Arising.

Before I continue, let me declare unequivocally as a Niger Deltan indigene the flaws in the Hausa Fulani's 16-year reign of power (8 years of Buhari and another 8 years of Atiku.)

It is unethical and abnormal for a certain ethnic group to have 16 years of uninterrupted control without a break, even if the gap is only four years.

I've worked in a number of campaign organizations across the country, and it's true that each of them is dominated by a particular ethnic group, most usually the principals.

This means that if they gain power, the majority of their workers will come from a specific region and speak a specific language.

This is erroneous; picture an Ijaw leader or Nupe leader in power for 16 years; all ministries and offices would be dominated by one region.

So, how long do you think it would take for additional regions to break into the system? Nigeria is not yet ready for 16 years of a single region to be in control.

For me, the South should have the offer of the first refusal for the presidency in 2023.

Obaseki as the sitting Governor deserves to gain control of the state structure of the party, but this should be done in line with the party dictates, the old PDP are accusing Obaseki of lack of trust if bequeathed the structure of the party. 

From the looks of what transpired yesterday, Obaseki may end up putting the ambitions of prominent Edo sons and daughters that are under his canopy into the political wilderness if this issue is not settled amicably and with sincerity of purpose.

There are senatorial, house of reps and state house of assembly hopefuls that are under the camp of Obaseki, what happens to their ambitions if peradventure the PDP was to hold its primaries today? 

If Obaseki decides to opt out of the PDP would he leave with the aspirations of these contestants? As we speak everybody is practically contesting one election or the other in Edo State what happens to their followers? 

Way Forward:

Obaseki, I've always assumed, wields both the knife and the yam. Adopting a stance that is beneath one's social status in order to attain one's goal is a virtue, not cowardice, Obaseki should please take note.

Stooping to conquer is an act of nobility, not a foolhardy act.

Unfortunately, Obaseki's media warriors are wasting their time fighting the wrong fights when their home is on fire. Have they ever considered what will happen to Obaseki's followers in terms of electoral fortune if Nyesom Wike gets his way?

Even if Wike loses the presidential nomination, he has nothing to lose. He will remain a force to be reckoned with inside the PDP, and he might possibly emerge as Atiku's vice-presidential candidate ahead of Peter Obi, Obaseki, and Udom. Nigerians are eagerly awaiting such a TICKET.

The titles of Ematon bestowed on Obaseki and Iron Bender bestowed on Nyesom Wike will only serve to stifle the South-South's presidential dreams. (Ematon refers to a strong rod, such as iron that is difficult to bend.)

It is unfortunate and depressing that the South-South states have chosen to be their own albatross in the PDP's quest for national dominance; at this critical juncture in our nation's history, the South-South should go for the kill and only accept less if vanquished on the field of play.

"When brothers battle to the death, a stranger inherits their father's estate," as the saying goes. He who has ears, let him hear; for the wise, a word suffices.

My name na Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah and I am the Principal/Chairman of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023why-obaseki-and-wikes-war-is-not-in-the-best-intrest-of-the-south-south-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by DoctorOlasDesk: 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
Abeg clear ! angry Who knows Obaseki? Who dey loyal to am or who be him support base? Persin wey don cast for house, if he swims too far, he'll be swallowed up

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Ahmed0336(m): 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
I cannot be loyal to any of these two.

With a gun pointed at me, I'd choose wike.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Mandate2023: 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2022
Edo no be port Harcourt....maybe edo is enugu

Oshiomole made obaseki Gov but he betrayed him, wike fought for him with d PDP structure that he returned to power yet he has betrayed him too

Anything IPOB support always have short coming at d end

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by triple996(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
Safeguard ur land 4rm ipob animals
Those animals are coming

BTW, Simon ekpa is on nairaland shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by dedonfranco(m): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Wike has quarrel almost everybody....He should be matured.

Wike......Mr Bully

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by slawormiir: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2022
Damnnn niggar

No big deal

Two brothers fighting

They will settle soon

Pdp will put thier house in order and whip apc wringled balls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Ridexed: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2022
Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Ndibunna: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Wike is a paper weight.

Infact if you call Wike Onye ala, it is not an understatement but a perfect tense. Wike is not only Onye ala but eziofia.

Every dickless dick wants to contest president. Nigeria is not Rivers state where him and his people dey do anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by iCauseTrouble: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Like for Wike
Share for Obaseki

30 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by zinaunreal(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Whatever
Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Latakia(f): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
When Jagaban talks, he always point to Lagos as his legacy in terms of achievements and human development but when Obi Pandora talks he will never tell us his legacy and achievement in Anambra but instead keep mentioning China China China as if he is contesting to become the president of China grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Rehabopu: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
Fúck buhari
Fúck Tinubu
Fúck Atiku
Fúck Orji Uzor Kalu

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by triple996(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Rehabopu:
Fúck buhari
Fúck Tinubu
Fúck Atiku
Fúck Orji Uzor Kalu
guy wetin happen na

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by moneyissweet(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
Exactly, that is why we need Biafra badly so that we will stop disgracing Nigeria.

Mandate2023:

Oshiomole made obaseki Gov but he betrayed him, wike fought for him with d PDP structure that he returned to power yet he has betrayed him too

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by eagleu: 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
SS?
What is it?
Check the tribes and clans in there, and you will notice that some of them are pure evil. Igbos are better off without some of them. I will not call names.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Ndibunna: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
moneyissweet:
Exactly, that is why we need Biafra badly so that we will stop disgracing Nigeria.

I don't need Biafra.

Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by afesco: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
This is one battle Obaseki can't win.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by NoFucksToGive: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Who knows Obaseki? Who dey loyal to am or who be him support base? Persin wey don cast for house, if he swims too far, he'll be swallowed up
Are you sure you are normal? What do you mean by who knows my governor? Are you okay at all?

Tell us your surname let's know who knows your father . You think that animal wike is known anywhere outside that his prostitution and drug eroded state ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by emmabest2000(m): 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ahmed0336:
I cannot be loyal to any of these two.

With a gun pointed at me, I'd choose wike.

Na cutlass he go pointed at you grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by Ultimas: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
It is indeed not too good for two prominent SS sons to engage in war of attrition. Obaseki should support Wike. It is pay back time.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by moneyissweet(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2022

Mandate2023:

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by yyba: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2022
They should continue fighting it is good for democracy grin PDP party of rogue politicians grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS by UncommonLogic: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
2 delusional reta@ded dictators.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman / Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties / FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.