Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. (23293 Views)

Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by kbdrim(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
Yoruba people dey kneel down when they collect money for ATM machine sef...No Big deal grin grin grin grin grin cool
Seriously tho, Im a guy and I will gladly kneel before my wife..Btw im not yoruba..Husbands love your wife as christ loved the church by dying for the church. I dont think kneeling down is more than dying for your wife.. grin grin
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by slimyem: 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
I know my traditions lady but you and I both know that those traditions were set in place by people who are biased against women. They believed that women are inferior to them and so, the kneeling part.
As for me, I will be more interested in what she has to say than the posture she tales when she says it.
We are too bothered about the inconsequential so much that we forfeit what matters most
i'm sorry mynd but what you have up here is BALDERDASH!

As Kneeling is so women so is prostrating to men culture-wise!
The act of kneeling wasn't intended to make women feel inferior nor does it make women inferior..
Suit yourself as regards kneeling/receiving it from your spouse as the case may be but please stop chatting shyt!!!
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by newacca: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
No biggy. It's sign of respect.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Chiemekaorizu(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
Watz de big deal. discard. Ur ego wen dealin wif ur partner. Ma wife 2 b always kneel down 2 appologise,appreciate n prepare ma fud. I adore her so much. She is de best mum,sister,wife n gf. She is 1 in a million. I kneel down 2 appologise wen I 4kup big tym.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by kalufelix(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
debrief08: When You are married to a good spouse, pride and ego has no place in that home.
I will not only kneel down but I will lie down and open my legs (don't ask me for what, all I know is that all sins get forgiven with the lie down leg open technique"
Anyway, I knelt down once and he asked me not to do it again. Said he is not God, but I have no problem kneeling down, I kneel or bend down to great my parents and inlaws, I bend down even in a shopping mall to greet an elder I meet. So as a Christain Pride has no place
viz was exactly hw ma uncle's wife behaved and we all thought it was fake....6yrs into the marriage naw natin has changed...
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Mynd44: 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
slimyem: i'm sorry mynd but what you have up here is BALDERDASH!

The act of kneeling wasn't intended to make women feel inferior nor does it make women inferior..
Suit yourself as regards kneeling/receiving it from your spouse as the case may be but please stop chatting shyt!!!
Oh it is shyt but where in "our culture did it say that men should prostrate to their wives? Incase you forgot, in Yoruba tradition, if an else offends a younger person, he is just expected to call him and tell him sorry and that's it. You are only to prostrate/kneel to someone who is superior to you (king, elder, chief etc) which just means you kneeling to your husband means acknowledging that he is superior to you simple.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44: @Ileke, you wanna tell me that a woman about to have a baby kneels down? The whole "ikunle abiamo" thing is not supposed to be literal.
Traditionally, you are supposed to kneel to your elders cos they are older than you and you are being submissive. You kneel to your husband for the same reason cos he is "olowo ori e" and you are telling him that he is the boss and you are under him no matter what.
I donta believe my wife will be inferior to me, she and I will be equal partners so there is no "olowo ori" here and hence, no kneeling down necessary.

Actually, back then it was literal.

You're trying to devalue the respect shown by kneeling down in a generalized environment, to that of kneeling down to ones husband to get for forgiveness (apologize). Like I said, those are two different circumstance.

A guy's postulation means what. . . to you? A societal gender bias?
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Darius2000: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
chaircover:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm a woman grin
am sorry for addressing as a male. All the same it has been nice exchanging some texts with you. I realised that if a man doesnt apply wsidom in dealings with you ladies, he will screw up everything , no matter how good and nice you ladies are. Most relationships break because of our lack of proper understanding of our female counterparts...
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Mynd44: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're trying to devalue the respect shown by kneeling down in a generalized environment, to that of kneeling down to ones husband to get for forgiveness (apologize). Like I said, those are two different circumstance.

Have you ever heard of a guy postrating to his wife cos he is saying good morning? Hell no
when the man is collecting something from his wife or going something does he prostrate? Hell no
cos you only prostrate to someone who is older or superior to you simple. Which is why they want heir wives to knell to them. The wife is just showing that "you are my lord" simple.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by slimyem: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
Oh it is shyt but where in "our culture did it say that men should prostrate to their wives? Incase you forgot, in Yoruba tradition, if an else offends a younger person, he is just expected to call him and tell him sorry and that's it. You are only to prostrate/kneel to someone who is superior to you (king, elder, chief etc) which just means you kneeling to your husband means acknowledging that he is superior to you simple.
where did you get the BULLSHIT in bolded from?
What you are saying doesn't make any sense.
Kneeling for your spouse to ask for forgiveness after a fight is not inferiority!
It futher defines remorse,respect and humility.
Hian!
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by seunajia: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2012

+10000

Ileke-IdI:

You dobale too when you offend an elder. The husband according to Yoruba culture is known to be the elder. Thus, Kneeling to one's offended husband is both a sign of respect and remorse -- no difference.
And if I may get you right, you think it's wrong for the lady to kneel to apologise? Just asking.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by busayobrig: 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Can you? Even with or without Juju
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Ariyke: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
of course i can
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Mynd44: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
slimyem: where did you get the BULLSHIT in bolded from?
What you are saying doesn't make any sense.
Kneeling for your spouse to ask for forgiveness after a fight is not inferiority!
It futher defines remorse,respect and humility.
Hian!
How does kneeling signify remorse? If I am standing and apologizing, does that mean I dont have remorse or not sorry?
If I am a woman and I greet my husband while standing up does that mean I have less respect?
Keep greasing the ego of the opposite sex and telling yourself that it is about respect.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Konnektions146(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
Darius2000:

Thanks, bro. My marriage will be 3 yrs by late September, and have already learnt a whole lot of things. I have to devise my own formula for my marriage since none i have read from many so-called marriage books worked. My formula is love, patience and forbearance... I love my wife and my son, and will do everything to keep them happy. I just realised lately that i need to die to self and stupid ego more and more, and love my wife more than ever before. Even when God has given you a spouse, you can still destroy your home if you dont apply wisdom. Women are good people and it requires a lot of understanding to keep them beside you, especially when it has to do with marriage. We will marry dozens if we dont apply wisdom, and put some reins on our errant emotions of anger and pride.........My wife is the ONLY woman that can manage me..none other can...and i dont want her to regret her lifelong decision...Its my honour that she chose to spend the rest of her life with me....
my broda,
i really admire your sense of reasoning and responsibilities, the truth of the matter is that most men refuse to understand what a relationship with womne should be like, no matter how it goes, it wont hurt for a man to manage her lady nicely......nothin is too much to sacrifice for peace to reign.

i will always wish anyone i care about de same thing i wish myself-HAPPINESS,
women can be adorable, lovely, nice and de best thing to happen to MEN but u have to endure, undastand and be patient enough to crack there way of operation.

my Dear DARIUS, i wish de best you could ever get in your union as yu grow from strength to strength and more smiles on your family's faces
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by slimyem: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
How does kneeling signify remorse? If I am standing and apologizing, does that mean I dont have remorse or not sorry?
If I am a woman and I greet my husband while standing up does that mean I have less respect?
Keep greasing the ego of the opposite sex and telling yourself that it is about respect.
if massaging my husband's ego once in a while is a price to pay for peace to reign in my home,i'd gladly do it!
..and btw 'kneeling to ask for forgiveness melts the heart'
go and find out if you doubt that!

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Mynd44: 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
slimyem: if massaging my husband's ego once in a while is a price to pay for peace to reign in my home,i'd gladly do it!
..and btw 'kneeling to ask for forgiveness melts the heart'
go and find out if you doubt that!
I think I would prefer you apologizing and letting that apology reflect in what you do in future that kneeling, bowing ot dancing azonto while saying you're sorry
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by megliz(f): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
Apologizing dos nt meaan always ure wrong. It just meaans dt u value ur relationship more than ur ego so if one Shud go down on his or Her knees to beg d spouse,Bf/Gf/HUsband/wife its no big deal.Especially if I love u. If I dnt hell no!U will hv to wait for snow to fall in aba.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by stillme(m): 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
It's ideal for a woman to kneel down to her beg her husband. But not ideal for a man.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Medley(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
here there go again, like putting a square peg in a round hole. Later some of them will choose to say that a guy must/shld kneel down if he want to propose marriage or present a ring. In this case no one is a god. Anyway no matter how an apology is presented(even if the person lay his/her head on the ground.) a sincere apology comes from the deepest part heart and no more reoccurence is allowed. But no truly loving man that his wife at high esteem will wait for her to kneel b4 forgiven her wrong
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Bluemoon1(f): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
Of course, if i know i did something terrible
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Bluemoon1(f): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
stillme: It's ideal for a woman to kneel down to her beg her husband. But not ideal for a man.
meaning? in this day and age u still think like this?
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2012

um . . . . the other is right. In many cultures, especially those with no such stipulations for men, women are required to kneel in submission to the men folk. This is seen in most cultures are around Africa, and the rest of the underdeveloped world. The act has little with do with age different but more to do with one gender submitting to the other.

The yoruba situation is sort of unique but it is not much different when you get past the general applications(as in dobale to greet an elder). We can open a thread dissecting this issue as it is one that the world is clearly aware of. There is a lot of information on how many cultures around the world tend to view women as separate and lower level humans in the society. In Some cultures, women are hidden and expected to be subservient to all males, including male children.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by thegeorgy(f): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hell yes I can...infact my husband just did...
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by wonlasewonimi: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . . the other is right. In many cultures, especially those with no such stipulations for men, women are required to kneel in submission to the men folk. This is seen in most cultures are around Africa, and the rest of the underdeveloped world. The act has little with do with age different but more to do with one gender submitting to the other.

The yoruba situation is sort of unique but it is not much different when you get past the general applications.

Lmao...kobojunkie we need to put plaster of paris on your fingers to stop you typing shytes.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by perez019(m): 1:25am On Sep 10, 2012
Only a yeye gurl would date a yeye boyfriend... And remember that your hubby was once a yeye boyfriend too... That's if u r married anyway.
berem: No yeye boyfriend deserves me kneeling down for him to beg! For wetin nau? I can only do that to my hubby when the need arises.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Sep 10, 2012
Why again does a spouse need to kneel down to the other spouse? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I am not certain why this is even a topic worth discussing?
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Sep 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
I think I would prefer you apologizing and letting that apology reflect in what you do in future that kneeling, bowing ot dancing azonto while saying you're sorry

Do you support a man kneeling to propose to a woman Isnt that an unreasonable culture too? Or what value does the kneeling add to the proposal?
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you support a man kneeling to propose to a woman Isnt that an unreasonable culture too? Or what value does the kneeling add to the proposal?

Not all men kneel to propose. And that culture is foreign to Africa where this culture of kneeling to apologize is found.

Also good to note that the men(of foreign culture) who kneel to propose do not expect their wives to kneel when apologizing to them and they certainly don't do it either.
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 10, 2012
Mynd_44:

You know what? I am a fan already kiss

Worst of is they keep doing it even when they "claim" their partners dont like it. Unbelievable

..and someone said worship him like he is your lord, bloody pathetic.

I remember going on my knees to apologise in the first year of my marriage because I said some nasty stuff that wasnt nice all out of anger and the day I knelt, he was fcking pissed. The things I said did not not even piss him off one bit, my kneeling did. I had never seen him so mad like he was that day
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by dayokanu(m): 3:55am On Sep 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Not all men kneel to propose. And that culture is foreign to Africa where this culture of kneeling to apologize is found.

Also good to note that the men(of foreign culture) who kneel to propose do not expect their wives to kneel when apologizing to them and they certainly don't do it either.

So whats your position on kneeling to apologize and kneeling to propose?

Which is good and which is bad?
Re: Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu:

So whats your position on kneeling to apologize and kneeling to propose?

Which is good and which is bad?

You are trying to start a flawed argument. Those who kneel to propose do it probably only once in their lifetimes and it has nothing to do with apologizing. The same people do not have cultures that link their knees with subordination.

Those who kneel to apologize however, do so because it is culturally accepted method of apologizing when one has erred. Only it seems that one gender is required in many cases to do it even when no real harm has been caused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers / End of story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.