Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,551 members, 7,847,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

Confused - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confused (1383 Views)

She Don't Wanna Rush Relationship Confused Need Help ! / So Confused About My Relationship - My Boyfriend Beats Me / Is She Pretending to Love Me? I'm Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused by missykadri: 2:38am On Sep 11, 2012
Am in a relationship with an older man. His 12 years older than me and even though his gainfully employed have put it upon myself to make something happen at whatever expense. His birthday is coming up in 2 months and I made a down payment on an expensive jeep for him. My family and friends don't know am doing this and am worried that am moving too fast even for my own head to contain.
That's why am asking anonymously if its right to spend for an older man. He never discussed marriage with me or the future even though we have known for 4 years.His unmarried and to be sincere the relationship is not a serious one.
I seek advice as I don't have the nerves to discuss this with anyone.
Re: Confused by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 11, 2012
If you were my sister i would have given you a dirty slap, to bring you back to reality.

1 Like

Re: Confused by Rocktation(f): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2012
I'm sure that there are other ways to please him without going overboard with expenses. It just is not advisable to spend too much on a boyfriend/gurlfriend who's not very serious with you. It is even risky on the flip side, but I guess I can half-support it if you were engaged.
Your wanting to get him awed with an expensive gift isn't outrageous, no. And by God, he'd be. The question however is, 'for how long'?
Re: Confused by Lovetinz(m): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2012
Noo Noo Noo. Don't stop what you are doing,
When the Olympics will come to Nigeria,
You wont need to contest.
Automatic Gold Medal in
the Heavyweight Ignoramus category.
Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 3:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Go ahead and spend but make it mininal. You both got no future plans. Just spend as a friend would do since it's obvious there's nothing serious in the relationship. Also, you admitted that you've got a thing with him but i don't know if he as well can say that he's in a rela., with you. Been 12years older isn't too much of a gap but it's important you both have the same compass heading to equal direction.
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 4:04am On Sep 11, 2012
YOU ARE THE BEEEEEEESSSSSST FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL IN THE WORLD.
Re: Confused by Coefficient(m): 4:11am On Sep 11, 2012
Rocktation has proffered the best counsel. You should give it a shot in that direction.

1 Like

Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 4:24am On Sep 11, 2012
onatisi: YOU ARE THE BEEEEEEESSSSSST FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL IN THE WORLD.
Must you always go this way?
Re: Confused by obowunmi(m): 4:27am On Sep 11, 2012
When he finishes with your punny and breaks up with you, who

1. Takes the car?

2. Pay for the car?

3. Do you have a job?

4. Why doesn't the grandpa you call a boyfriend have a car?

5. If and when the car gets in an accident who pays?

Your credit line and history, will soon be destroyed.
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 4:38am On Sep 11, 2012
D-Explorer:

Must you always go this way?
yes when ppl deserves it,
buying a car for a man who hasnt proposed to her ,and she doesnt even know if he ever will becos i think 4years is enough to know if u will marry someone or not and the man is 12 years older which means tht the man should be the one hurrying her for marrige and he isnt
thirdly she is lying ,if the man hsgood job and is well ok why woukld dhe need to buy him a car again which means she is the one sponsoring the man and catering for him
fourthly the mans ppl dont live with the mn or in the sme state for a man to be delying in propsing after 4yrs of relationshipand the man been 12yrs older it means that the man is married with wife nd kids and this lady know ,what she is confused bout is dating a married man to the extent of buying him a car ,she wants to know if it is right or wrong
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 4:44am On Sep 11, 2012
Rocktation: I'm sure that there are other ways to please him without going overboard with expenses. It just is not advisable to spend too much on a boyfriend/gurlfriend who's not very serious with you. It is even risky on the flip side, but I guess I can half-support it if you were engaged.
Your wanting to get him awed with an expensive gift isn't outrageous, no. And by God, he'd be. The question however is, 'for how long'?

you are simply sugar coating the bitter pill,why dont u just tell her the truth ,shikena
Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 4:55am On Sep 11, 2012
onatisi:
yes when ppl deserves it,
buying a car for a man who hasnt proposed to her ,and she doesnt even know if he ever will becos i think 4years is enough to know if u will marry someone or not and the man is 12 years older which means tht the man should be the one hurrying her for marrige and he isnt
thirdly she is lying ,if the man hsgood job and is well ok why woukld dhe need to buy him a car again which means she is the one sponsoring the man and catering for him
fourthly the mans ppl dont live with the mn or in the sme state for a man to be delying in propsing after 4yrs of relationshipand the man been 12yrs older it means that the man is married with wife nd kids and this lady know ,what she is confused bout is dating a married man to the extent of buying him a car ,she wants to know if it is right or wrong
I once asked if she's the ONLY one that admits they are in a relationship. I think she loves the man more and such do happen. But for such extreme spending, it's absurd!
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 5:03am On Sep 11, 2012
D-Explorer:

I once asked if she's the ONLY one that admits they are in a relationship. I think she loves the man more and such do happen. But for such extreme spending, it's absurd!
@explorer believe me that lady is lying anyway
if mugus like this still exist then i need to pray to God to bring them my way.
Re: Confused by Mynd44: 6:07am On Sep 11, 2012
Is this a sort of joke? You have been dating for 4 years and marriage did not come up once? Buying him an eXpensive is not bad but i think you should be more concerned with his future plans with you.
Re: Confused by Chanchit: 6:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Hmmmm, I think 've seen enough advice here o, anyway sincerely, I would also love to recieve such, but I think a car would be too @ this stage, maybe you leave it @ Iphone for now.
Re: Confused by Obassy(f): 7:03am On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=D-Explorer]
Must you always go this way? I tire oooooooo, if u no get any good thing to say, u for close your eye and just pass by
Re: Confused by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2012
onatisi: YOU ARE THE BEEEEEEESSSSSST FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL IN THE WORLD.
Jealous.

I don't think you have anyone who has put a down payment for recharge card for you, so you won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2012
sexkillz: Jealous.

I don't think you have anyone who has put a down payment for recharge card for you, so you won't understand.
Badt guy grin grin grin
Re: Confused by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 11, 2012
A gift is a gift. Whether it is a boxer shorts, or a car. If it were singlet and boxers you came here to tell us you want to give him for his birthday, people here will still talk. Even if na BB, they must talk. No matter what it is, them go still talk, them no dey tire. . .

Yes! It is right to spend your money on who and what you want, biko. What you should ask yourself is the motive behind buying it. Are you giving him as just a gift, or are you giving him with hopes of him marrying you? This is very important so that you do not feel disappointed when your expectations are not met.

If anyone here thinks that she buying him a car gift here is a marriage incentive, then any gift she gives him can also be classified as an incentive. The difference might be in the cost of the vehicle, but if she can afford it, why tha heck not?

A gift is a gift. . . No compartmentalizations!
Re: Confused by djeezy(m): 8:01am On Sep 11, 2012
OP is obviously trying to buy love with money. You are going too far. Be warned.
Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2012
djeezy: OP is obviously trying to buy love with money. You are going too far. Be warned.
I endorse this post.
Re: Confused by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2012
djeezy: OP is obviously trying to buy love with money. You are going too far. Be warned.
If she was buying him singlet and boxers, would you say the same thing? undecided
Re: Confused by missykadri: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Good Morning to you all.
I appreciate you all taking your time to reply me.
This is my story and there's no ounce of lie. I feel better knowing everyone here is honest with me.
Thanks
Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2012
sexkillz: A gift is a gift. Whether it is a boxer shorts, or a car. If it were singlet and boxers you came here to tell us you want to give him for his birthday, people here will still talk. Even if na BB, they must talk. No matter what it is, them go still talk, them no dey tire. . .

Yes! It is right to spend your money on who and what you want, biko. What you should ask yourself is the motive behind buying it. Are you giving him as just a gift, or are you giving him with hopes of him marrying you? This is very important so that you do not feel disappointed when your expectations are not met.

If anyone here thinks that she buying him a car gift here is a marriage incentive, then any gift she gives him can also be classified as an incentive. The difference might be in the cost of the vehicle, but if she can afford it, why tha heck not?

A gift is a gift. . . No compartmentalizations!
shocked Why you dey support such things. A car 'gift' is gross to my reading. The dude doesn't have any future plans, they've not been talking about it and the lass is madly in love even when she claims nothing serious. Why showing extremism? I'd give a bikini or even a G-string instead.
Re: Confused by Mynd44: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2012
sexkillz: Jealous.

This guy, you no well at all
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 8:28am On Sep 11, 2012
missykadri: Good Morning to you all.
I appreciate you all taking your time to reply me.
This is my story and there's no ounce of lie. I feel better knowing everyone here is honest with me.
Thanks
op,i m a realist and i dont hide my feelings pls i hve some questions to ask you,
in the course of this 4yrs ,have u ever met his close family member ,
have u ever followed him to his family house even for a party
look op realise something ,the money is urs nd not anyone else how u spend it is not anyone biz.but what the point i am trying to show u is that you are been tking for a ride by a very very smart guy ,who knows how to play his game.ppl may not want to tell u this but i wont sugar coat it for u.
both of u have good jobs,
and as u claim both of love love each other
no man will feel comfortable not having a child of his own.the only person that will be carefree and not want to settle down is either the person is married and have kids somewhere or the person is divorced.your kind of scenario is very common and the game plan is simple which isdont cut her off ,dont push her away,when age catches up with her she willl go.
well maybe except u are ready to wait for another 5yrs for him to propose.
even if u havent mentioned the issue of car if u ask anyone that u have been dating a man for 4yrs and there is no sign that it will lead to marriage and that what is the mening i am sure they will tell you to run to someone who is ready and willing cos of ur age ,you are a woman and whether you like it or not there is a limited time for you to do certain things
Re: Confused by Sijo01(f): 8:39am On Sep 11, 2012
Op, before you concluded you wanna buy him a jeep, i guess he has done more than that for you. If thats the case, kini big deal.
Re: Confused by missykadri: 8:46am On Sep 11, 2012
Honesty is why am on here detailing my life to people I don't know.
I met his parents and they are cool with me and his mother keeps asking me if I finally got him to commit. When I say the relationship is not serious I mean its only from his side. He maintains it as just friends level and he never involves me with his affairs. His dating other women but I think am the one he spends more time with. His buoyant enough to afford a more expensive car for himself . What am doing is buying him a better one that the one his using. About my age am very young and even though am not in a hurry for a ring am just confused . He don't have kids and his single
onatisi:
op,i m a realist and i dont hide my feelings pls i hve some questions to ask you,
in the course of this 4yrs ,have u ever met his close family member ,
have u ever followed him to his family house even for a party
look op realise something ,the money is urs nd not anyone else how u spend it is not anyone biz.but what the point i am trying to show u is that you are been tking for a ride by a very very smart guy ,who knows how to play his game.ppl may not want to tell u this but i wont sugar coat it for u.
both of u have good jobs,
and as u claim both of love love each other
no man will feel comfortable not having a child of his own.the only person that will be carefree and not want to settle down is either the person is married and have kids somewhere or the person is divorced.your kind of scenario is very common and the game plan is simple which isdont cut her off ,dont push her away,when age catches up with her she willl go.
well maybe except u are ready to wait for another 5yrs for him to propose.
even if u havent mentioned the issue of car if u ask anyone that u have been dating a man for 4yrs and there is no sign that it will lead to marriage and that what is the mening i am sure they will tell you to run to someone who is ready and willing cos of ur age ,you are a woman and whether you like it or not there is a limited time for you to do certain things
Re: Confused by freecocoa(f): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2012
OP you want to buy a jeep for a man who's not serious with you? Forgive me but its obvious you are trying so hard to buy his love.

Then again i guess he spends much more than that on you, maybe you are trying to match up to how he spends,no?

Whatever be the case, its your money, do with it whatever you will.

P.S I read just your response to ONATISI and i think you are crazy(no offense) why not buy him a private jet too, let me tell you something, your money won't make a man love you, mstcheew.
Re: Confused by onatisi(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2012
missykadri: Honesty is why am on here detailing my life to people I don't know.
I met his parents and they are cool with me and his mother keeps asking me if I finally got him to commit. When I say the relationship is not serious I mean its only from his side. He maintains it as just friends level and he never involves me with his affairs. His dating other women but I think am the one he spends more time with. His buoyant enough to afford a more expensive car for himself . What am doing is buying him a better one that the one his using. About my age am very young and even though am not in a hurry for a ring am just confused . He don't have kids and his single
well since u are comfortble with the situation of things ,then there is no need to be confused,and in fact there is no problem,he is ok with it and you are ok with it,i must confess this piece of information and impression wasnt the one u gave us earlier .baby enjoy the relationship and get him the car.but make sure it is a very good one .there is no problem,i rest my case
Re: Confused by DExplorer1: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2012
freecocoa: OP you want to buy a jeep for a man who's not serious with you? Forgive me but its obvious you are trying so hard to buy his love.

Then again i guess he spends much more than that on you, maybe you are trying to match up to how he spends,no?

Whatever be the case, its your money, do with it whatever you will.

P.S I read just your response to ONATISI and i think you are crazy(no offense) why not buy him a private jet too, let me tell you something, your money won't make a man love you, mstcheew.
Chai, my cocoa dey hot this morning grin
Re: Confused by freecocoa(f): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2012
D-Explorer:

Chai, my cocoa dey hot this morning grin
Good morning my love jare. wink

This OP just wan make me vex, when i read her first post, i thought they guy was even her boyfriend only to find out its a guy she's been eyeing, even if you love a man and want to make him yours, that's not how to go about it.

Imagine wanting to buy him a better car than the one he's using, how does she think that will make him feel? Mstcheew.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Are Craving For This, You Are Missing This / My Boyfriend Does Not Brush His Teeth, Please Help / My GF Turns Out To Be A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.