Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,855 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Facebook Love... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook Love... (763 Views)

Warning To Those Of You Who Still Do "Facebook Love" Especially Men / Facebook Love / My Facebook Love,hmmm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Love... by marvelck: 6:38am On Sep 11, 2012
A friend of mine is madly inlove with a girl he met online (on facebook to be precise). they've met a couple of times, and this guy really like the girl (so he claims). though they have mutual feelings for each other, but the girl is reluctant to commit herself. she says she cant date the guy, despite her feelings for him. do you know why? simply cos they met on facebook. for the fact that it was on facebook they met, she said she cant date him for that reason, and my friend has been trying to convince her for weeks now, that it doesn't matter. that love can be found anywhere, and at any time. but this girl has refused to change her mind o. she simply doesn't want to do any facebook love. which of recent is becoming more of a notoriety. She's concerned about what her parents/family would say once they get to know that it was on facebook she and the guy met. and as a result of that, she doesn't want to have a relationship with the guy. my friend is restless and doesn't know what to do. cos he really likes the girl, and believes she's the one for him, not-withstanding that they met on facebook...
Re: Facebook Love... by Andrew3(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2012
As long as the guy is not from festac and the girl is not a General's daughter they can go on, forget facebook.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Love... by djeezy(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2012
There's this predominant notion that any relationship that kicked off from a social network is bound to fail. But the truth is, the same people on social networks are also the people you see every day. They can still meet somewhere else and still chat as facebook friends, what difference does it make?
Re: Facebook Love... by k2039: 7:32am On Sep 11, 2012
::Andrew:::
As long as the guy is not from festac and the girl is not a General's daughter they can go on, forget facebook.
I dont blame the girl,the parent must have warned her about facebook love after the whole Cynthia ish.
If your friend wants to continue being her friend,he must stop pressuring her,except he wants her to deactivate her facebookk account or block him(mummy's girls dont violate mummy's term).
For now,He just has to make the girl trust him,and maybe ......:........
Re: Facebook Love... by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 11, 2012
If d gal goes ahead to date dis fb guy then shes ireeedambly st,,up,,id.so with dis cynthias case dat has not even died dowm and d case of one fun seeking gal dat met a married man on bbm and was raped,u still expect her to fall in love.lol.smh.some people will never learn till dey go 6 feets.@ op has gals finished where u r dat u have to resort to fb to find a babe,by d way dont let fb pictures deceive u.every gal is fine of fb so far she knows how to edit.lol.orisirisi
Re: Facebook Love... by Mynd44: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2012
Why does this sound familiar? Cynthia?
Re: Facebook Love... by pokenose(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2012
Guy, stop putting pressure on her. Just be her friend and keep your eyes open for someone who would appreciate you. With time she may see that you re truely the one for her. And if not, life goes on. Cheers!
Re: Facebook Love... by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 11, 2012
Well well cheesy
Re: Facebook Love... by Riskyman(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2012
i smell Cynthia in this whole matter.. She is yet to get over the General's daughter parol, just give her some time.
Re: Facebook Love... by tobechi74: 8:11am On Sep 11, 2012
Esence featurin jaywon

facebuk lov waitin for ur mesage on my wall
Re: Facebook Love... by Emmy9ite(m): 8:17am On Sep 11, 2012
Your quy(that is, if it is not you) should ask the qirl out for a date to a place very open(for security reasons) and convince her that he is qood quy. He can also ask her to come alonq with her friend(s) if she is still scared.
#My2Cents
Re: Facebook Love... by Mynd44: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2012
Risky_man: i smell Cynthia in this whole matter.. She is yet to get over the General's daughter parol, just give her some time.
Dont be suprised if in this case, the guy turns out to be the Cynthia
Re: Facebook Love... by jhydebaba(m): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2012
Facebook love! Could this be love?
Re: Facebook Love... by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2012
The girl is just scared, that's all. Not with all the stories we have been hearing and reading of recent.

The thing with most Nigerians is that they go with the flow. If certain things happen in a particular way, they condemn every other thing that may take the same route. Life isn't static people; it is DYNAMIC!

So many people have met their spouses through facebook et al and I don't see how this is different; the girl is just being wary and extra careful.

Tell your friend not to put pressure on her; let him try to prove to her that he is of good character and his intentions towards her are genuine and sincere.

Something bad happened to someone doesn't mean the same will happen to another; we just have to very careful in our dealings. Like someone earlier said, if they want to meet, they should meet in public places and she could bring her friends also.

If your friend really really wants this girl, he has to really really prove to her that he is of the good breed. Also, let him include prayers too.

I have a male friend I met through facebook three years ago. We have talked and chatted and from our conversion I've deduced he is of good cheer. We haven't met in person because we both stay in different cities and he has proven himself over and over again as someone of good cheerful character.

My brother met his fiancee through facebook, so what is the fuss about all these facebook talk? One should get to find out a person's character; that for me is the most important rather than the medium through which they met.
Re: Facebook Love... by lolaluv1(f): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2012
He should stop pressuring her. That is the first advice I have for him. Why is he so restless? After all, he has intimated her of his intentions. He should calm down and see what happens.

I think people can meet anywhere sha. E.g NL, facebook.
Good relationships can ensue. But I personally have not dabbled into such.

People should be very careful about the kind of people they let into their lives. You have just this one life to live and you should take very good care of it. Some humans are harbingers of death, the day they come into your life, is the beginning of the end.
I'm not just saying this because of Cynthia. A few days before Cynthia's death was announced, I said even more to a girl that wanted to go and spend the night with a guy she met online in an hotel. Thank God she came here to ask for advice. Claiming the guy promised not to touch her. Smh! I told her her kidneys could be harvested for sale. Or her eyes gouged out for rituals. Anybody willing to be careless should expect anything from the good to the bad to the ugly!

The rate at which people fall in love and use the word 'love' is alarming. You meet someone and next, he's telling you he loves you. How can you love me when you don't even know me? Don't know the kind of person I am?

(1) (Reply)

What Every Good Man Needs........ / 15 Ways To Tell A Guy You Love Him Without Scaring Him Off! / Am I Destined To Marry An AS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.