Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims (14570 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2006
donmayor:

Logical, you have no point at all. It's clear even to the average muslim that his religion promotes violence. You can try to distance yourself from this violence by saying it's those that take a radical view of islam instead of trying to deny a well known fact. Muhammad preached violence against non muslims in his time and probably because of changing times, that directive can no longer be followed but radical islamists still cling to that directive.

Thank you.
@logical you want me include quotes of violence against infidels?
well,here they are commands from your 'holy" books.
I know the next thing will be they are quoted out of context.
Tell that to Osama bin ladin because he is reading the same Koran you are.

scroll down and see a sample.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/call_to_muslims.htm
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2006
This is written by a muslim to other muslims.

Dear fellow Muslim: Is this the Islam you believe in? Is this your Most Merciful, Most Compassionate  Allah whom you worship daily? Could God incite us to kill other peoples? Please understand that there is no terrorist gene but there could be a terrorist mindset. That mindset finds its most fertile ground in the tenets of Islam. Denying it and presenting Islam as a religion of peace similar to Buddhism to the lay public is suppression of truth. The history of Islam between 7th and 14th century is riddled with violence, fratricide and wars of aggression, starting right from the death of the Prophet and during the so-called 'pure' or orthodox caliphate. And Muhammad himself hoisted the standard of killing, looting, massacres and bloodshed. How can we deny the entire history? The behavior of our Holy Prophet as recorded in authentic Islamic sources is quite questionable from a modern viewpoint. The Prophet was a charismatic man but he had few virtues. Imitating him in all aspects of life (following Sunnah) is  firstly impossible and secondly dangerous in the  21st century. Why are we so helplessly in denial on this simple issue?

When the Prophet was in Mecca and he was still not powerful enough he called for tolerance. He said "To you be your religion, and to me my religion" (109:6). This famous quote is often misused to prove that the general principle of Quran is tolerance. He advised his follower to speak good to their enemies (2:83), exhorted them to be patient (Q. 20:103) and said that "there is no compulsion in religion" (2:256). But all that changed drastically when he came to power. Then killing and slaying the unbelievers was justified in innumerable verses with harshness and without mercy. The verses quoted to prove Islam's tolerance ignore many other verses that bear no trace of tolerance or forgiveness. Is it normal that a book revealed by God should have so many serious contradictions? The Prophet himself set the example of unleashing violence by invading the Jewish settlements  breaking the treaties he had signed with them and banished some of them after confiscating their belongings massacring others and taking their wives and children as slaves. He inspected the youngsters and massacred all those who had pubic hair along with the men and those who were younger he kept as slaves. He distributed the women captured in his raids among his soldiers keeping the prettiest for himself (33:50). He made sexual advances on Safiyah a Jewish girl in the same day he captured her town, Kheibar, and killed  her father, husband and many of her relatives. Reyhana was another Jewish girl of Bani Quraiza whom he used as sex slave after killing all her male relatives. In the last ten years of his life he accumulated a score of wives, concubines and sex slaves including the 9 year old Ayesha.

These are not stories but records from authentic Islamic history and the Hadiths. It can be argued that these behaviors were not unknown or unusual for the conquerors and leaders of the mediaeval world but these are not the activities befitting of a peaceful saint and certainly not of someone who claimed to be the Mercy of God for all the creation.

There were known assassinations of adversaries during the Prophet's time, that took place at his behest. Among them there was a 120 year old man, Abu 'Afak whose only crime was to compose a lyric satirical of the Prophet. (Kitab al Tabaqat al Kabir, Volume 2, by Bin Sa'd, page 32) Then when a poetess, a mother of 5 small children, 'Asma' Bint Marwan, wrote a poetry cursing the Arabs for letting Muhammad assassinate an old man, our Holy Prophet ordered her to be assassinated too in the middle of the night, which was carried out while her youngest child was suckling from her breast. (Sirat Rasul Allah (A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad"wink page 675, 676). Dear conscientious Muslims: Question yourselves- isn't this compulsive dogma of following a man who lived 1400 years ago, leading us to doom in this changing world?  Who are we deceiving? See how our Umma (people) have sunk into poverty and how we lag behind the rest of the world? Isn't it because we are following a religion that is outdated and impractical?  In this crucial moment of history, when a great catastrophe has befallen us and a much bigger one is lying ahead, should not we wake up from our 1400 years of slumber and see where things have gone wrong?

The hatred has filled the air and the world is bracing itself for its doomsday. Should we not ask ourselves whether we have contributed, unwittingly, to this tragedy and whether we can stop the great disaster from happening?
Unfortunately the answer to the first question is yes. Yes, we have contributed to the rise of fundamentalism by merely claiming Islam is a religion of peace, by simply being a Muslim and by saying our shahada (testimony that Allah is the only God and Muhammad is his messenger). By our shahada we have recognized Muhammad as a true messenger of God and his book as the words of God. But as you saw, those words are anything but from God. They call for killing, they are prescriptions for hate and they foment intolerance. And when the ignorant among us read those hate laden verses, they act on them and the result is the infamous September 11, the result is human bombs in Israel, massacres in East Timor and Bangladesh, kidnappings and killings in Philippines, slavery and genocide in Sudan, honor Killings in Pakistan and Jordan, torture in Iran, stoning and maiming in Afghanistan and Iran, violence in Algeria, terrorism in Palestine and misery and death in all Islamic countries. We are responsible because we endorsed Islam and hailed it as a religion of God. And we are as guilty as those who put into practice what Quran preaches and ironically we are the main victims too. 

If we are not terrorists, if we love peace, if we cried with the rest of the world for what happened in NYC, then why are we supporting Quran that preaches killing, that advocates holy war, that calls for murder of non-Muslims? It is not the extremists who have misunderstood Islam. They do literally what Quran ask them to do. It is we who misunderstand Islam. We are the ones who are confused. We are the ones who wrongly assume that Islam is the religion of peace.

Islam is not a religion of peace. In its so-called pure form it can very well be interpreted as a doctrine of hate. Terrorists are simply doing that and we the intellectual apologists of Islam are justifying it. We can stop this madness. Yes we can avert the disaster that is hovering over our heads. Yes we can denounce the doctrines that promote hate. Yes we can embrace the rest of humanity with love. Yes, we can become part of a united world, members of one human family, flowers of one garden. We can dump the claim of infallibility of our Book and the questionable legacy of our Prophet. 

Dear friends, there is no time to waste. Let us put an end to this lie. Let us not fool ourselves. Islam is not a religion of peace, of tolerance, of equality or of unity of humankind. Let us read the Quran. Let us face the truth even if it is painful. As long as we keep this lie alive, as long as we hide our head in the sands of Arabia we are feeding terrorism. As long as you and I keep calling Quran the unchangeable book of God, we cannot blame those who follow the teachings therein. As long as we pay our Khums and Zakat our money goes to promote Islamic expansionism and that means terrorism, Jihad and war. 

Islam divides the world in two parts: Darul Harb (land of war) and Darul Islam (land of Islam). Darul Harb is the land of the infidels, Muslims are required to infiltrate those lands, proselytize and procreate until their number increase and then start the war and fight and kill the people and impose the religion of Islam on them and convert that land into Darul Islam.

In all fairness we denounce this betrayal. This is an abuse of trust. How can we make war in the countries that have sheltered us? How can we kill those who have befriended us? Yet willingly or unwillingly we have become pawns in this Islamic Imperialism. If this sound to you abhorrent, we ask you how can you support a doctrine that is so deceiving, so cunning and so ruthless? Let us see what great Islamic scholars have to say in this respect. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2006
To all the Infidels in the house and to antagonists like babyosisi that are desperately trying to portray Islam in bad light, i still don't understand your missions. Anyway, whatever you intend to achieve here is a massive failure. If you are trying to reach the fainthearted and unserious muslims, you don't find them here because they don't care that much to engage people like you but if your target is people like us who are DIE-HARD AND PASSIONATE MUSLIMS, then you are a total failure and you d rather start another thread where we can talk about parties and politics may be we both may share some common grounds. Lets respect each others faith and believe, we are too cool for religious fight here
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2006
belloti:

To all the Infidels in the house and to antagonists like babyosisi that are desperately trying to portray Islam in bad light, i still don't understand your missions. Anyway, whatever you intend to achieve here is a massive failure. If you are trying to reach the fainthearted and unserious muslims, you don't find them here because they don't care that much to engage people like you but if your target is people like us who are DIE-HARD AND PASSIONATE MUSLIMS, then you are a total failure and you d rather start another thread where we can talk about parties and politics may be we both may share some common grounds. Lets respect each others faith and believe, we are too cool for religious fight here

Well well well,it looks like someone is upset.
what else can I say.
here is a shoulder?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2006
belloti:

To all the Infidels in the house
who gives u the right to call some one an infidel
dont just let me catch u cos i would twist ur neck u wont only be an infidel at the end but also an idiot
u better watch ur islamist fascist words

have a nice day
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2006
His prophet mohammed(WAS) told him he looks like satan being a black man,apparently he did not know the guy only regarded arabs.
no mind am kaercy5,no be im fault,na where they born am,forgive am,many wey talk like am before don change,he needs some oral abluttion.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Zappking: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2006
what ?master proffesor?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2006
I was tempted to withdraw my line about the infidels because i actually replied in a state on anger but subsequent posts have ruled out that possibility.

Anyway, i dont think we are being smart if we descended to the level of absurdity here. Some stupid guy yanked his mouth so wide and i wrote back in anger. that i think its enough especially if the underlying message is understood.

Lets improve in our conducts here our messages may sound more logical and appealing
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2006
On Monday 04 sept 2006, A gunman has opened fire on a group of foreign tourists in the Jordanian capital Amman, killing a British man.
The shooting happened at the Roman amphitheatre, a popular attraction.

Five other tourists were injured - two British women as well as tourists from New Zealand, the Netherlands and Australia. The gunman was arrested
Eyewitnesses said the attacker, said to be a Jordanian, approached the tourists shouting "God is great" in Arabic before firing at least 12 shots at the small group of tourists.

What are we now arguing about when your Moslem brothers in the Mid East are proving me right and you wrong that Islam and terrorism go together
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2006
well well well.
What more can we say?

If Sunnis and shites slaughter each other daily like aboki slaughters nama for suya what do you expect them to do to non muslims?
So much for the'peaceful' religion.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by olabowale(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2006
All the people here are shouting and talking past one another. How can you here any one. is anybody even listening to another person. You may disagree with each other/somebody, but may also learn something about your belief at the same time.

There is no dialogue that should be wasted. If you are not won over by an argument, you might win your opponent over. Inshort, until you listen, you will not gain anything.

Even though I will never become a Christian, but i am willing to hear what the christian have to say. The christians should do the same too.

I believe that we should not generalize and therefore each other very carelessly as if are not pating any mind to our fellow Human being.

From the ranks of the Jews and Christians I have close associates and we do care about each other, both within white and black, yes the african and Nigerians- christians, I mean here.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by donmayor(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2006
Be warned, If you start respecting their muslim faith, a day would come when you would killed for no reason. You are still an infidel even though u respect them. It is only the blind that would say islam is not sponsoring terrorism. Even the blind knows that.Every new day brings a new threat from no one other than muslims. Just look at the video of the muslim convert talkin to americans last week. He is a fairly new convert and he is threathening his fellow Americans and u tell me the quran is not a teaching manual to breed hatred? Wake up and lets stop deceiving ourselves
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2006
olabowole,at the beginning of this thread,the whole idea was to let Muslims and anyone else know that Christ is the only prince of peace.

The Movie Da vinci code (which by the way flopped at the box office) was released and NO CHRISTIAN caused any mayhems,burnt flags,carried hate placards,killed their neighbors or anyone or chanted death to everyone else or the Christian version of allahu akbar,the Muslim murderous chants.
You did not see Christians in large numbers in street corners chanting like idiots and demanding apology from all and sundry for dissing Christ.Infact no other religion does the aforesaid but Islam.
Shouldn't you guys agree that you need to learn a good lesson from that?because so far your violent protests have not been in your favor that's why you are struggling so hard to shove the 'Peace thingy' down our throats
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by olabowale(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2006
@babyosisi; It is true that Prophet jesus was peacefu, so was Jaoh is Cousin, Zakariyah, Joseph, Yaqub, Isiaqa, Ismaila, Ibrahiim (AS) their father.

Jesus was not unique in this character. It is a trait of Prophethood. When you know Muhammad their successor, you will see the same thing. His suffering at the hand of makkans was for ten years, it was gruesome. Within that period, many muslims, men and women alike were killed. He went to taif to preach to them to worship God, they stoned him so much so that his whole body was bloody.

The Angel that God put in charge of the mountain and Jibril came to him for Muhammad to give the command to destry the people of taif. If Muhammad had given the command, taif would have destroyed by the mountain crushing it. Muhammad (AS) did not give that command, stating that maybe later generations from that city will become Muslims, even if the present inhabitant would not. Today the whole of taif is Muslim.

He left makka and took refuge in madina, then known as Yathrib. He organized and formulate a constitution among its inhabitants; Jews, Christians, Idolators and the small bands of the Muslims. they cooperated among themselves and Muhammad (AS) and the Muslims never broke their alliances. It was always the non Muslims that broke each and every alliance. When alliance is broken, it is natural that all bets are off.

Whenthe Muslims began to fight in wars, it was in self defense. there was no time that the Muslims started the aggression. The Muslims won many war and were very merciful to the captives; The victory of badr for example.

When Muslims under the leadership of Muhammad (AS) conquered makka, without shedding blood, he entered the city not riding on his animal. He lowered his head in reference to the God, Allah ta'ala, who made the victory possible.

He went to the ka'aba and tumbled each and every one of the 360 idols in this Holy House. All of them were destroyed all the while praising Allah the Only GOD> This destoys the baseless hypothesis of each person that we Muslims worship Idol (Some say the moon god)

The God that we worship is the same God that Jesus and all the other prophets (AS) and those who truly followed them worship.

As for moon god, have you heard that Muhammad (AS) splitted the moon into two, each half moved so far apart that it appeared as if they were resting on the two mounts next to each other still in Makka. He did this, because the makkan said he should split the moon if it is true that he is a prophet. He said Bismillahir Rahmanir rahiim and when he spread wide his two hands as if to direct the traffic, the moon splitted.

He also brought them together by invoking the name of Allah, the True God (The God, Deity).

I believe that this will help you to begin to change your opinion. You must never forget that you have bad Muslims, that thus not say Islam is bad.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2006
The real Islam not the "peace" the moderates talk about

Why Muslims are so violent.

Sure, here in the west, they've tried to "Christianize" their beliefs and many of us gullibly believe that Muslims are a peace-loving people--but history, Muhammad, terrorism, and Jihad tell a different story, my friend. It is written in their law that Muslims must kill those that don't convert. Their leader, Muhammad made his fortune plundering and killing. Don't think it happens today? Looking at Algeria. Look at worldwide terrorism. Look at Khadafy, the Shaw of Iran, Sadaam Hussein, Arafat's Palestine, etc. The word "assassin" came from a secret sect of Moslems who killed folks while supposedly high on hashish. Violence and Islam are good friends. Why does it seem like they are always fighting and terrorizing people? Why is Islam so militant and overbearing? If we make a simple analysis of the foundation of this religion, the answers will become very apparent. It all begins and ends with a man named Mohammad. The Hadith (another "holy" book of Islam) says that Jihad, or holy war, is the second best thing to believing in Allah and his apostle (Muhammad).

Allah's apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and his Apostle." The questioner then asked, "What is the next?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause." (Hadith vol. 1, no. 25).[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]The Hadith also says that Murderous Muslims could take the property of people they killed during a Jihad (there are different types of Jihad). In addition to killing infidels like Christians and Jews, Muslims are also commanded to kill anyone who leaves Islam (Hadith vol. 4, no. 260).
The Quran requires violence. Sura 9:5 says,

Fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every strategem of war.
Sura 5:33 records what is done to infidels who resist Islam:
[/color][color=#990000]

Their punishment is, execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from the opposite sides, or exile from the land.
Muhammad also burned out eyes with hot irons (Hadith vol. 1, no. 234) and deprived people of water until they died (vol. 8, no. 796).
In Islamic countries you can be incarcerated and tortured without due process--this was all part of 7th century Arabia. The dictator could do whatever he wanted to. I read an article in the Washington Post about Sadaam Hussein's son. They said that he was a terror. One night he raped a woman and when she complained, he killed her. He did stuff like that all the time and one night he got shot up getting out of his car and was paralyzed.

See the article, Muslim's rape children while crying "Allahu Akbar!" (god is great)

The following is an article from The Frontline Fellowship that does extensive missionary work in the Sudan, a country where crazy Muslims are killing, plundering, and destroying in the name of jihad. You can order their video "Sudan: The Hidden Holocaust" from their website or Jeremiah Films,

JIHAD – ISLAMIC HOLY WAR
The relentless and often vicious persecution by Muslims against Christians is seldom recognised or understood. Many assume that the concept of Jihad, or holy war, espoused by Muslim leaders like the Aytollah Khomeini and demonstrated in terror bombings are aberrations not truly representative of Islam:
"We shall export our revolution, to the whole world. Until the cry 'Allah Akbar' resounds over the whole world. There will be struggle. There will be Jihad . . . Islam is the religion of militant individuals . . . Islam will be victorious in all the countries of the world, and Islam and the teachings of the Quran will prevail all over the world . . . This is the duty that all Muslims must fulfil . . ."

These were the often repeated public pronouncements of the Ayatollah Khomeini after the revolution in Iran in 1979 ("The Blood of the Moon", by George Grant).

Nor was the Ayatollah alone in such militant threats. Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud declared: "We shall never call for or accept a negotiated peace. We shall only accept war - Jihad - the holy war. We resolve to drench the lands of Palestine and Arabia with the blood of the infidels or to accept martyrdom for the glory of Allah".

The President of Sudan, Lt. Gen. Al Bashir, has often spoken of Jihad. At the 40th anniversary of Sudan's independence, Al Bashir celebrated the spirit of Jihad which was engulfing the people of Sudan. The head of Sudan's ruling party, the National Islamic Front (NIF), Dr. Al Turabi, has often declared his goal of an Islamic empire controlling (initially) the horn of Africa (Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Sudan). This he calls the Grand Islamic Project.

At a two week conference of Muslim leaders from 80 countries, hosted by Muammar Gaddafi in Tripoli, Libya (October 1995), strategies to transform Africa into an Islamic continent were discussed. Participants openly admitted that their goals were to make Arabic the primary language of the continent and Islam the official religion. One SA member of parliament, Farouk Cassim declared: "It will probably be the biggest revolution to sweep Africa." Head of the Islamic Propagation Centre International (IPCI), Yousuf Deedat, announced afterwards that South Africa was high on the agenda of the Islamic offensive: "We are going to turn South Africa into a Muslim state. We have the money to do it," (Sunday Times 22/10/95). At present less than 2 percent of South Africans are Muslims. What few Westerners understand, however, is that those Muslim leaders who call for the overthrow of all governments and the establishment of an Islamic superstate controlling all aspects of life for every person on earth are not extremists on the fringe of Islam. Actually, Jihad, the subjugation and forcible conversion of all people to Islam and world domination are central tenants of Islam. Jihad is ranked by many Muslims as the sixth pillar of Islam.

Jihad was so important to the founder of Islam, Muhammad, that he declared it to be the second most important deed in Islam.

"Allah's apostle was asked, 'What is the best deed?' He replied, 'To believe in Allah and his Apostle.' The questioner then asked, 'What is the next (in goodness)?' He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause.'" – The Hadith, Al Bukhari, Vol. 1 no 25.
Muslims, in fact, divide the world into two sectors: Dar-al-Islam (the House of Islam) and Dar-al-Harb (The House of War). The only countries considered to be at peace are those where Islamic law (the Sharia) is enforced.

Islam in Arabic means submission, surrender or subjugation. A Muslim is one who submits. The Arabic word for peace is Salam. Islam is the active form of Salam. Muslims see themselves as a "peace making force" using argument, intrigue, commerce, threats, terrorism, warfare and every other means possible to secure Islam as the only religion worldwide.
Muslims are not permitted to make peace with a non-Muslim country until its inhabitants surrender to Islam. They can agree to a cease fire for a period of time – but never to peace with non Muslims.

The Quran teaches that Muslims are superior to others: "Ye (Muslims) are the best of peoples evolved for mankind . . ." Surah 3:110.

Muslims are forbidden to befriend Jews or Christians: "O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is one of them . . ." Surah 5:54.

Islam instructs its adherents to fight until their opponents submit. Christians and Jews may be spared if they pay "Jizya" – a penalty tax – with willing submission: "Fight those who believe not in God nor the last day . . . Nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay Jizya (tribute taxes) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" Surah 9:29.
"Fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait (ambush) for them in every strategem (of war) . . ." Surah 9:5 (also 2:193).

For those who resist Islam – execution or mutilation is decreed: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution or crucifixion, or the cutting off of the hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land . . ." Surah 5:36.

The Hadith, which is a record of the words and deeds of Muhammad, is also viewed by Muslims as inspired. Next to the Quran, it is the most important source of Islamic Law. It's teachings are regarded as binding on all Muslims.

The Hadith teaches that apostasy is punishable by death: "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57.

A Muslim may not be punished for killing a non-Muslim: "No Muslim should be killed for killing a kafir (infidel)." Vol 9:50

Those who die in holy war are guaranteed to go to Heaven. "The person who participates in Jihad (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to paradise (if he is killed)." Vol 1:35

It may be hard for Christians to understand the concept of such a militant religion, but the primary aim of Islam is not spiritual but political. The ultimate purpose of Islam is the establishment by force of a worldwide Islamic state where Sharia law is enforced on all.

To achieve this is the goal of Jihad. Islamic scholars identify a multitude of forms that Jihad can take:

1. There is the Jihad of Words. Muhammad was a brilliant and gifted orator silencing his enemies in a war of words. In Arab culture it was customary for feuding tribes to select a poet to mock and provoke the opposing forces with spontaneous verses of cursing. These linguistic warriors engaged in verbal combat seeking to inspire their own side with a sense of superiority and strength whilst undermining the morale of the enemy. This war of words, which Muslim leaders today such as Gaddaffi, Saddam Hussein and Yassar Arafat still engage in, is actually a war of nerves.
2. There is the Jihad of Deception. When Muslims are small in number they can follow the example of Muhammad's 83 followers who fled from persecution in Mecca to Abyssinia (present day Ethiopia). There the Christian Negus (king) offered them refuge. When the Meccans demanded their return as slaves, the Muslim exiles declared that Islam was merely a variation of Christianity. The Muslims selectively recited those passages of the Quran that agree with the Bible such as the virgin birth and miracles of Jesus and His ascension to Heaven and ultimate return. They remained silent on the unbridgeable differences (such as the denial of the Trinity and the atonement) between the Quran and the Bible. As a result the Christian Abyssinians protected the Muslims from the Meccans.

In this way, when it was most vulnerable, Islam grew and developed in a Christian environment. (If we only demonstrate our Christian love without proclaiming the truth of the Gospel we could strengthen anti-Christian forces).

Muhammad compromised with the Meccan merchants during a particularly intense time of persecution. Formerly he had fearlessly condemned polytheism. Then, under pressure, he accepted the Meccan belief that Allah had a wife, Al-lat, and two daughters, Al Uzzo and Manat (Surah 53:20-23). Later Muhammad repudiated these so called Satanic Verses and claimed that all previous prophets had been tempted by demonic influence.

3. There is the Jihad of the Sword. After fleeing to Medina (the Hijra) in AD622, Muhammad started to summon his followers to attack and plunder the caravans of Mecca. His followers initially resisted these calls until Muhammad presented a series of "revelations" commanding Jihad (holy war) and permitting looting ("Whoever has killed an enemy and has proof of that, will possess his spoils" – The Hadith, Vol. 4 no. 370). Where the booty was not large enough, Muhammad held captives as hostages until their families paid a high ransom for their release. Hostage taking has continued to be a common practise in Islam to this day. Those who participate in Jihad are granted a blanket absolution (Surah 8:17) and guaranteed to go straight to Paradise (Heaven) if killed. 4. There is the Jihad of Taxation and Financial Reward. Those who refuse to submit to Islam are forced to pay a special tax for non- Muslims (Jizya). Those who convert to Islam are often offered financial rewards or scholarships.

5. There is the Jihad of Slavery. Those Muslims who engage in Jihad not only can seize property, extort ransoms and demand taxes, but also capture slaves. The only places in the world today where slavery is still practised are in some Muslim countries. In Sudan, the Islamic government uses slavery as an incentive to encourage Arab Northerners to attack the Christian Blacks in the South, and as a weapon of terror to destabilize non-Muslims. According to the Sharia Law, Muslims are allowed to enslave, own and sell human beings.

6. There is the Jihad of the Sharia Law. Non-Muslims are degraded to a lower class status and are denied equal access to the law because their testimony is not valid against a Muslim. This even applies to murder ("No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel"wink. The death penalty is applied to anyone who renounces Islam and converts to another religion. When the wealthy Bedouins of Arabia professed faith in Allah to escape attack, Muhammad did not accept their confession. ("The desert Arabs say 'We believe'. Say, 'Ye have no faith; but ye (only) say 'We have submitted.'" Surah 49:14) Islam does not place much value on personal faith, but demands surrender to the political rule of the Sharia.

It is significant that the calendar of Islam does not begin with the birth of Muhammad, nor the onset of his supposed "revelation", nor the assembling of the first Muslim community, nor the flight of Muslim refugees to Abyssinia. The 12 years of persecution in Mecca were not considered the start of their new religion. The Muslim calendar only begins when Islam became a political state in Medina.

7. There is the Jihad of Polygamy. The devastating defeat of the Muslim forces by the Meccans in the battle of Uhud (AD625) led to what could be considered one of Islam's greatest victories. So many of his men were killed that Muhammad permitted his men to take up to 4 wives (Surah 4:3, 4). With the advent of Western medicine, infant mortality has plummeted. And the Muslim birthrate has skyrocketed. Muslims are increasing in number twice as fast as other religions. This is due to birth control and abortion in Western lands and polygamy in Muslim lands. Muslims are not increasing much by missionary outreaches, but by having many children. Polygamy (rather than persuasion) has become one of Islam's most effective weapons for Holy War, providing Islam with a disproportionate numerical advantage.
8. There is the Jihad of the Spirits. According to the Quran, Muslims are not only men and women but also spirits who fight for the spread of Islam (Surah 46:29-33 and 72:1-15). Also a Muslim is to fight on Muhammad's behalf both in his life and after his death (Hadith Vol. 1 chapter 43).

Clearly Islam is a religion of force which denies basic freedom. No Muslim even has the freedom to change or leave his religion. The huge block of over 1 billion Muslims presents the greatest political and military threat to the Western world and the greatest missionary challenge [editor's note: I do not agree with this, the Great LovePeddler is the greatest enemy of the gospel of Christ] to the Christian Church. Muslim states are the most severe persecutors of Christians, and Muslim terrorist groups are the most vicious hijackers, kidnappers, bombers and assassins. As the recent East African bombings remind us, Islam is a challenge that we cannot ignore.
How we chose to respond, in prayer, publications, proclamation, projects and persistent vigilance will determine much of the course of history in the coming 21st century.

Peter Hammond

This is an excerpt from an email I received--

As more details emerge surrounding the murder of Wall Street Journal
reporter Danny Pearl, it seems increasingly likely that the object of the
kidnapping wasn't demands or ransom but the murder of Danny Pearl himself. Pearl was
ordered to tell the camera he was "a Jew. My mother was a Jew," he
reportedly said just before his murder. Pearl's kidnapping-murder involved at least
15 conspirators, according to Pakistani police investigators.

Danny Pearl was chosen to be slaughtered because he was a Jew. The demands
made at the time of his kidnapping were, by design, impossible - they gave a
24-hour deadline with no negotiation and it is believed that Pearl was murdered on
schedule.

[i]The gory details of Pearl's videotaped murder are evidence of the maniacal
hatred of his murderers. According to reports in the major media, Pearl is
shown mumbling some obvious propaganda statement about Americans being
unable to "walk around free" as long as our government's policies of
"unconditional support of Israel" continue. After admitting his crime: "I am a Jew. My
mother was a Jew," a hand appears and cuts his throat. The rest of the
description is not for the squeamish. You may want to skip over the next paragraph.

After Pearl's throat is cut, his head is severed and held aloft by a hand
in front of the camera. The tape cuts to his murderers repeatedly stabbing
his lifeless corpse. The scene cuts to Pearl's head lying on a pile of
newspapers as a message scrolls across the screen: "If our demands aren't met, there
will be more like this."[/i]Those "demands" included releasing the al-Qaida prisoners from Cuba and
delivering fighter jets to Pakistan. The only thing they left out was a
demand we publicly execute President Bush in the Rose Garden. They had no
intention of ever releasing Danny Pearl. Ever. Danny Pearl was a Jew.

Israel is hated with a visceral, bone-deep hatred impossible for most
modern Christians to comprehend. This week, a 15-year-old Palestinian girl
charged a group of Israeli soldiers with a knife. The soldiers shot her dead. At her
home was a suicide note, proclaiming her intention to become a martyr. Her
unknowing father said when he found out what she had done that he was "proud" of
her. How can anyone comprehend hatred that deep?
Back to index

Islam and women.

Muhammad wrote in the Sura 4:3 that it is unlawful to have more than four wives, but he had more than four. Muslim scholar Ali Dashti lists 22 women in Muhammad's life, including 16 wives. He also stole his adopted son's wife Zaynab and made her his own. One wife, Aesha, was only eight or nine years old when he took her to bed.

Female Muslims must be covered head to foot like Muhammad's women who needed it in the desert sun and sand.

Women are treated bad in Islam. Let's look at the Quran, Sura 4:34:

Men are the managers of the affairs of women, Those you fear may be rebellious--admonish; banish them to their couches and beat them.
Muslim women can be kept prisioners in their own homes and denied the right to go outside the house if the husband orders. They can't even vote in some countries. In Iran they must carry written permission from their
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2006
some of Mohammeds peaceful actions.

[b]When the Prophet was in Mecca and he was still not powerful enough he called for tolerance. He said "To you be your religion, and to me my religion" (109:6). This famous quote is often misused to prove that the general principle of Quran is tolerance. He advised his follower to speak good to their enemies (2:83), exhorted them to be patient (Q. 20:103) and said that "there is no compulsion in religion" (2:256). But all that changed drastically when he came to power. Then killing and slaying the unbelievers was justified in innumerable verses with harshness and without mercy. The verses quoted to prove Islam's tolerance ignore many other verses that bear no trace of tolerance or forgiveness. Is it normal that a book revealed by God should have so many serious contradictions? The Prophet himself set the example of unleashing violence by invading the Jewish settlements breaking the treaties he had signed with them and banished some of them after confiscating their belongings massacring others and taking their wives and children as slaves. He inspected the youngsters and massacred all those who had pubic hair along with the men and those who were younger he kept as slaves. He distributed the women captured in his raids among his soldiers keeping the prettiest for himself (33:50). He made sexual advances on Safiyah a Jewish girl in the same day he captured her town, Kheibar, and killed her father, husband and many of her relatives. Reyhana was another Jewish girl of Bani Quraiza whom he used as sex slave after killing all her male relatives. In the last ten years of his life he accumulated a score of wives, concubines and sex slaves including the 9 year old Ayesha. [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
These are not stories but records from authentic Islamic history and the Hadiths. It can be argued that these behaviors were not unknown or unusual for the conquerors and leaders of the mediaeval world but these are not the activities befitting of a peaceful saint and certainly not of someone who claimed to be the Mercy of God for all the creation.

There were known assassinations of adversaries during the Prophet's time, that took place at his behest. Among them there was a 120 year old man, Abu 'Afak whose only crime was to compose a lyric satirical of the Prophet. (Kitab al Tabaqat al Kabir, Volume 2, by Bin Sa'd, page 32) Then when a poetess, a mother of 5 small children, 'Asma' Bint Marwan, wrote a poetry cursing the Arabs for letting Muhammad assassinate an old man, our Holy Prophet ordered her to be assassinated too in the middle of the night, which was carried out while her youngest child was suckling from her breast. (Sirat Rasul Allah (A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad"wink page 675, 676). [/b]
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2006
Islam is evil.
run run run,it is intolerant and killing is it's forte.
Do not be deceived.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by olabowale(m): 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Babyosisi; Goodnight. However when ever you want constructive conversation I will provide my contact. I gave you evidences to the corruptibility of Bible, but you seemed not to have read it. You are so angry.

Take it easy. Drink cold water. No alcohol.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2006
olabowale,you have absolutely no evidence.
How can you attempt to disprove the Bible with the Koran?
If you believe that what stops you from believing that the Danish cartoons with Muhammad warning suicide bombers that virgins were no longer available was true?

No Christian would lose sleep over such nonsense.
Worse things were said of Christ by his towns men.
The Koran is just one of many false books and we know it.
The Bible warned us of false prophets that would arise after Christ and we know Muhammad was one of the many.

I am neither angry nor have any reason to be.
My main aim on this website is to prove with koran and hadiths that Muhammad was a murderous,pedophilic,womanising opportunist and that Islam was not and is not a religion of peace unlike Christianity.
That allah is a pagan diety worshipped by mohammeds clan which he elevated to mean 'God' and that Islam is total deception of pagan worship of a moon god sprinkled with some religiousity and so far I have not done a bad job.

I know that many after seeing Islam exposed will begin to wonder what goods they've been sold and begin to ask questions.
You people cannot deceive the world any longer by telling them Muhammad never murdered people arbitrarily or was such a peaceful person  when we know he was not.
Your attempt to conceal his evil side is not succeeding.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by olabowale(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2006
@Babyosisi;
Your statement is not worth its value in Salt. Now this is the amount of salt that maybe sprinkled on just one meal. My dear Sister, when you want to talk and its not just idle talk and in jest, we can start over again; respecting each other, one another and pondering on what is said with clear mind and adequate intelligence.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2006
you are certainly entitled to your opinions. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2006
Olabowale, you are just getting to know these guys. For them, the truth is only but a one way traffic. so why bother?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2006
Jesus says,I am the way,the truth and the life.
No one comes to the father but by me.

Any other gods na so so ye ye.
[b][/b]
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2006
"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is one of them . . ." Surah 5:54.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2006
Its pretty obvious that the jews and christians are not our true friends. But we are bound together by common destiny and universal human spirit. Thats probably why we are here in nairaland taking all kind of rubbish from some unreasonable members.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2006
belloti:

Its pretty obvious that the jews and christians are not our true friends. But we are bound together by common destiny and universal human spirit. Thats probably why we are here in nairaland taking all kind of rubbish from some unreasonable members.

Neither are the shittes your friends if you are sunni.
When I have a friend who may sneak up at night to behead me because allah tells him to,do I need enemies?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2006
Babyosisi, we don't sneak out to behead even our enemies but we engage in constructive dialogue. Thats the teaching of our religion, Islam. but you find it more convenient to associate Islam with violence and terror, there 's basically no arguement on earth that can change your perceptions. Can you recommend any option left for me?.

I am a peaceful muslim, i ve never fought anyone, i worship my Lord with all sincerity and devotion, i respect the sanctity of human lives, i don't know what practical difference i may have with you.  
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2006
belloti:

Babyosisi, we don't sneak out to behead even our enemies but we engage in constructive dialogue. Thats the teaching of our religion, Islam. but you find it more convenient to associate Islam with violence and terror, there 's basically no arguement on earth that can change your perceptions. Can you recommend any option left for me?.

I am a peaceful muslim, i ve never fought anyone, i worship my Lord with all sincerity and devotion, i respect the sanctity of human lives, i don't know what practical difference i may have with you.

I feel sick to my stomach when i read such blatant lies and hypocrisy! Babyosisi quoted several TRUE accounts of muslim attrocities and their visceral and incomprehensible hatred for non-muslims and with jews in particular and yet all you can muster is the lame "we engage in constructive dialogue" nonsense!
Which dialogue? Is dialogue engaged in on hijacked aircraft? Is murder, hatred, burning of flags, suicide bombing your own equivalent of dialogue? Which teaching of Islam preaches dialogue? Can someone pls quote these verses that seem to exist only in the minds of people in denial?
Why do you think people "find it more convenient to associate Islam with violence and terror"? Is it because they just want to slander Islam or because they are tired of state-sponsored terrorism, knee jerk violence and suicide bombings in the name of Islam?
Is anyone spurning threads just to hate on Islam or could perchance there be some truth in these "allegations" that muslims would prefer to bury under the lie of dialogue?

You refer to others as infidels, you dont need to retract the statement or appologize because YOU ARE SIMPLY FOLLOWING THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE QURAN! Those who dont refer to us as infidels are those who are confused about Islam!

How can you claim to "respect the sanctity of human lives" when your own quran expressly denies others the right to life?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin lipsrsealed
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2006
There is a you tube piece where a muslim cleric was speaking out against modern muslims not following the teachings and examples of Mohammed to practice true Islam.
By that he meant that these westernized Muslim should stop preaching this peace and tolerance thing and stand by their jihad and conquer module.

Bellotti,you may be a peaceful person by nature but Islam did not teach you that.
There is nothing peaceful about Islam and Shariah regarding treatment of minorities including women and children.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by cgift(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2007
babyosisi:

There is a you tube piece where a muslim cleric was speaking out against modern muslims not following the teachings and examples of Muhammad to practice true Islam.
By that he meant that these westernized Muslim should stop preaching this peace and tolerance thing and stand by their jihad and conquer module.

Bellotti,you may be a peaceful person by nature but Islam did not teach you that.
There is nothing peaceful about Islam and Shariah regarding treatment of minorities including women and children.

This is just a tip of the iceberg of what Islam is.

Islam + Catholicism = War + Terror + Blood = Beast In Revelation = AntiChrist.

I just 'wish' that the quest for political power by these two groups will make them face themselves cos they support same thing VIOLENCE! They are just same.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by ritaNL: 4:59am On Sep 07, 2009
na wa oooo. shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do Many People Fear Death? / What Will Happen To Those Who Died Without Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.