Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims (14556 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2006
belloti:

David, am from Zamfara and i believe am cool. cheesy

Zamfara? shocked The same state as Governor Ahmed Sanni?
Is he still contesting for president?
Might also depend on your tribe, sometimes cultural differences do exist that predispose certain people to violent behaviour. The Hausa and Fulani muslims are about the most violent muslims in nigeria. I think the fulanis are slightly better, i once lived in Yola and i had a few wonderful fulani friends over there.

Some are cool and some are not, unfortunately those who are not are giving those who are a bad name. Its much easier to assume ALL muslims are bad than to start figuring those who are and those who are not. Now thanks to the last terror plot, British and American authorities are begining to do what they should have been doing all along, racial profiling! Citizens of certain countries with certain names will start getting extra surveillance, it will probably be harding for such individuals to get into those countries. Much as that is undesirable as many muslims are actually peace-loving, its the only route left for western governments desperate to protect themselves from the savagery of those who hide behind the mask of religion to carry out their nefarious acts! Now muslims in London are demanding a Sharia system of govt! How unthinkable is that? This is a nation founded on christian and secular principles, it goes against the grain of common sense that an immigrant be demanding his hosts change their centuries old system to suit his own parochial religious beliefs, if they so much desire sharia, why are they fleeing Iran and Pakistan in droves to come live and perpetuate their morbid hatred in the west?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2006
David i dont know how you so much associate Islam with violence, while at least you are more likely to meet a peaceful muslim than a violent one anywhere in the world.

And to be sincere, violence in muslim world and else where is more for political reasons than political. In Zamfara for instance, there has never been any kind of religious uprising or watever, unlike places in the North like kaduna and jos where you have ethnic and other political grievances.

Am glad Terror in London is homegrown, this explain how bad the uk foreign policy and other factors can turn young and promising citizens into suicide bombers. i believe there must be injustice somewhere because no one wants to die for vain and immaterial cause. Uk is only turning their future leaders into monsterous killers by certain political actions or inactions.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2006
belloti:

Am glad Terror in London is homegrown, this explain how bad the uk foreign policy and other factors can turn young and promising citizens into suicide bombers. i believe there must be injustice somewhere because no one wants to die for vain and immaterial cause. Uk is only turning their future leaders into monsterous killers by certain political actions or inactions.

Dont be carried away by the "home-grown terrorists" hype. This people may have grown up in London but their actions are not as a result of UK policies. Rather their actions stem from deeply ingrained hatred for anything western and for any nation that supports Isreal, it stems from their intolerance for other and their religions, it stems from their wanting to turn the west into just another Islamic empire! They may have been born in London but they certainly do not represent the face of the British youth.

The fact that they are even in the UK at all is down to the western style official immigration policy of not refusing entry to certain individuals on the basis of race and nationality. They would be well within their rights to refuse entry or citizenship to such individuals they term as security risks!
these are not the "future leaders" of the UK as you are being misled to think. NO ARAB CAN EVER ASPIRE TO EVER BE PRIME MINISTER OF THE UK no matter how long he has lived there!

Have you asked yourself why these "home grown" terrorists are from certain parts of the world and certain religions? Are they the only ones who do not like the UK's foreign policy? What really is this "foreign policy" they are not happy with? What "injustice" are you talking about here?

This same set of ungrateful immigrants enjoy government subsidies for education and housing, things that are not available to them in their native pakistan, they enjoy the right to free speech and freedom of association, the same cannot be said of those from pakistan or Iran! These
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2006
@bellotti,if I were you I would go back and modify that lasting posting of being glad the terrorists were homegrown,the word glad and terrorism should not be used together in any sentence if indeed you don't advocate it like you claim.

I cannot believe you even thought of that let alone but it down for all to read.
Is there sometime you're not telling us?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2006
Babyosisi, your english didnt make a bit of a sense, may be u need to check your spellings. Anyway, the desperation in ur grizzly posting by trying to link my post with terrorism is quite disappointing. you are free to call me a terrorist if you like but i know i am not one and i dont even encourage anything close to that. but i dont care how shortsighted people like you percieve things. I have a thread i started where i stated clearly that it is forbidden for any muslim to harm any innocent soul, i stand by that and i condemn any act of terrorism the world over.

The Uk setting appealed to me in a way when i noticed that all the suspect were homegrown. its something new. it mean something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
belloti:

The Uk setting appealed to me in a way when i noticed that all the suspect were homegrown. its something new. it mean something is wrong somewhere.

There is nothing wrong with the UK! Frankly, the fact that those so-called "home-grown" terrorists come from a particular religion and ethnic background should point you NOT at the british system but at the religion and cultural system that nurtures this ingrates! These are men who would never have had the kind of opportunity the british govt provides for them in their own native countries!
There would be cause to take a critical look at the british system if and only if the terrorists were drawn from a much wider base. For now, African, asian and caucasian youths do not seem to think there is any reason for them to go blowing up trains and aircraft, only muslim arab youths seem to think so! the problem must be from them!
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2006
David, for the first time i am tempted to agree with you. In whatever way we look at Terrorism, it is a very crazy phenomenon. But instead of pushing it under the carpet, now that its spreading like wild fire, we need to analyze the root causes. It doesnt make sense why anyone will blew himself up just to make a statement.

My believe then was that Terrorism is for people living in a hopeless situation like the palestine, but for Uk born muslims that were given enormous opportunity to excel, it has to be for a different reason altogether. May be there is a perception of double standard in Uk's dealings in the middle east and may be that percetion has some level of credibility.

My point now is inorder to tackle the the terrorism virus, why don't we look at the likely root causes, even if we don't agree with them. i think its time we listen to all sides
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2006
belloti:

David, for the first time i am tempted to agree with you. In whatever way we look at Terrorism, it is a very crazy phenomenon. But instead of pushing it under the carpet, now that its spreading like wild fire, we need to analyze the root causes. It doesnt make sense why anyone will blew himself up just to make a statement.

My believe then was that Terrorism is for people living in a hopeless situation like the palestine, but for Uk born muslims that were given enormous opportunity to excel, it has to be for a different reason altogether. May be there is a perception of double standard in Uk's dealings in the middle east and may be that percetion has some level of credibility.

I dont think so belloti, take a look at the nationality of most of the last few british-born terrorists, most of them have been of Pakistani origin, surprisingly Pakistan is one of the few countries in the middle east that actually enjoys western support. President Musharraf is an important Bush ally in the middle east, they are an active part of America's war on terror, Pakistan was involved in driving the taliban out of afghanistan and in the search for Osama Bn Laden. So how come? Why are Pakistani citizens still trying to bomb UK and American interests?
What double standard? Is it possible to please identify this mysterious "foreign policy" that so annoys the arabs? The issue is not just "UK muslims" as there are thousands of African born muslims in the UK, the issue is ARAB UK MUSLIMS!
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2006
[b]Pres. Musharraf is a well known ally of the west but do u think he does that with the backing of his people. ofcourse no. he infact decide to tow the line in order to douse the move for democracy in Pakistan. But david, have you for once visualise the life of an average Arab living in the middle east?. Can you envy anyone living in gaza, west bank or even in Iraq, pakistan or Afghanistan? They grew up watching hopelessly how the west, especially the US, dabble in their affairs with glaring lopsideness. The US has no business in Iraq or Afghanistan in the first place. The Israel issue should be settled once and for all. We have heard all the excuses by the terrorist and in all cases, they are linked to one or both of the above reasons.

The bottom line here also is that Terrorism is not an Islamic concept rather its an Arab dilenma. And if we carefully understood their motivation we might be on the way to eliminating it. I still want to believe that these Arabs are not getting a fair deal from the west and the sooner we correct the anomaly the better for everyone.[/b]
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ belloti, i quite agree with you, infact sorry i cant contribute right now as Bolton is thrashing Totenham right now,

cheesy

i'll be back. cheers! Dont go blowing bridges before i return lol grin
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2006
belloti:

Babyosisi, your english didnt make a bit of a sense, may be u need to check your spellings. Anyway, the desperation in your grizzly posting by trying to link my post with terrorism is quite disappointing. you are free to call me a terrorist if you like but i know i am not one and i don't even encourage anything close to that. but i don't care how shortsighted people like you percieve things. I have a thread i started where i stated clearly that it is forbidden for any muslim to harm any innocent soul, i stand by that and i condemn any act of terrorism the world over.

Sorry I cannot only write in Igbo,I learnt English in school up to graduate school.
Since you are so smart,I'm sure you still got the message.
Read it again.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2006
babyosisi:

@bellotti,if I were you I would go back and modify that lasting posting of being glad the terrorists were homegrown,the word glad and terrorism should not be used together in any sentence if indeed you don't advocate it like you claim.

I cannot believe you even thought of that let alone but it down for all to read.
Is there sometime you're not telling us?
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by belloti(m): 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2006
Babyosisi, u think we are only smart Arsses here, we didnt get to graduate schools. thats another let off from you. But we don't go bragging about our bunch of certificates here, we only communicate in an intellectual manner. that speaks louder.

David, my dear Arsenal just got humbled by some little rats called Aston Villa in our mighty emirate. i only pray you are a Bolton fan.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2006
belloti:

The bottom line here also is that Terrorism is not an Islamic concept rather its an Arab dilenma. And if we carefully understood their motivation we might be on the way to eliminating it. I still want to believe that these Arabs are not getting a fair deal from the west and the sooner we correct the anomaly the better for everyone.

1. I cannot envy those who live in the middle east, pakistan, palestine e.t.c because they choose to live in such sordid squalor! Isreal has within 50 years virtually turned a desert with no water into an oasis! Why can't the Arabs do the same rather than spending valuable time burning American and Isreali flags, hurling stones at the Isreal border and joining jihadist organisations? Is the problem in Iraq that of the USA? Before the invasion, Saddam was busy gassing the kurds in his country and virtually had the other segments of the country under oppression. Is it the americans that are causing shiites to kill sunnis and vice versa? So if someone came to fight my father, i have to kill my brother in protest?

2. Terrorism is NOT an Arab concept ONLY! it is a central tenet of Islam that every "moderate" desperately wants to pretend does not exist. Why else do we have muslims in Northern Nigeria killing christians over a cartoon drawn in Denmark? Why are the muslims in Sudan killing christians and animists in Darfur? The arabs have only perfected a means of causing wholescale murder in the name of religion masquerading as political injustice! There is more injustice being done by repressive Islamic govts than western govts will ever cause! Everyone is focused on the fact that Isreal occupied Lebanon for over 20yrs and bandies that as the reason for the rise of Hizbollah, most forget that hizbollah's financier and backer, Syria occupied the same Lebanon for 22 years!

Please click the link below to see images of Syrian attrocities commited against the Lebanese people! No one shows this pictures, it is only when it involves Isreal that we like to yell "injustice" at the top of our lungs! Bear in mind that Syria does not have the excuse of constant unprovoked terrorist attacks on its citizens!

http://www.2la.org/lebanon/ee/terrorlb.htm#TerrorLb

Pls note: Some images are graphic!!!
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2006
Keep it that way honey.
I wish you all talked the same way rather than resort to large bonfires.
You were the person that inferred I was unintelligent.
I just wanted to tell you that my lack of intelligence has not been a handicap, thank you very much.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by olabowale(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2006
Muslims the world over should be unhappy and therefore hold a public protest when Jesus (AS), a prophet in Islam is spoken or written ill of. That is the least we can do, since the Muslims are very weak, presently. No prophet of God, starting from Adam to Jesus (AS) and their successor Muhammad (AS) should be derided any shape or form . If the Christian will not stand up to defend their god, the Muslims should stand up to protect and defend their prophets, every one of them.
Oh you Christians, be sincere to yourselves. Please do a soul searching. Do you love Jesus or you are just saying it with your mouth and there is no substance to it. Then stand up for him.
For us muslims, we will not allow anyone to denigrade Muhammad if the Christian denigrade their god. Muslims the world over, you do not have to resort to physical attacks of any group of persons who abuse any of the prophet of God and any of the followers (companions) of any of the prophets. Register your disagreements by protesting these evil groups or individuals, take legal actions against them if you can. pray for their change of hearts or wrath of God to come upon them if they do not desist. But be patient and wait for the decision of God.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2006
olabowale thanks but no thanks.
Our Christ is man and God enough to defend himself.
We don't need to protest and burn down mosques and slaughter innocent citizens to defend our Lord.
He can hold his own quite well.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2006
davidylan:

Why can't the Arabs do the same rather than spending valuable time burning American and Isreali flags, hurling stones at the Isreal border and joining jihadist organisations?

I would say your wordings are stereotypical in nature, So I wont say much here, other than point to UAE, Qatar, etc where your so called ARABS, have a developed nation and live in peace? The reason? I leave you to decide.

davidylan:

2. Terrorism is NOT an Arab concept ONLY! it is a central tenet of Islam that every "moderate" desperately wants to pretend does not exist.

All we have got from you to support that deduction was a quotation of the Quran if I am not mistaken, in another thread, and if I were like you, I would had quote from your old testaments or even new too, to support your same out of context quotations, but no I wouldn't do that because its fallacious, I would never distract people like you always do, to agree with you.

davidylan:

Everyone is focused on the fact that Isreal occupied Lebanon for over 20yrs and bandies that as the reason for the rise of Hizbollah, most forget that hizbollah's financier and backer, Syria occupied the same Lebanon for 22 years!

Actually everyone believes that to address an issue, you have to know the root of it. If you choose to be different and you have another approach to solving a problem, without knowing the source and the cause of that problem, please let us know, because you tend to know it better than anyone else.

Terrorism is a reality but Islam just like christianity does not approve it.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
@ logical your last statement is one that would gladden everybody's heart unfortunately very few of you can say that with boldness and I wonder why.
That is what we have a problem with.

The other problem is to find out the root cause why Muslims seem to be more susceptible to committing terorist acts.
Is there something in the teachings that may be causing this untoward side effect.
You may not need to answer but this is something that should concern any Muslim like the rest of soceity because it could be you or your family in the next targeted plane.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2006
babyosisi:

The other problem is to find out the root cause why Muslims seem to be more susceptible to committing terorist acts.
Is there something in the teachings that may be causing this untoward side effect.
You may not need to answer but this is something that should concern any Muslim like the rest of soceity because it could be you or your family in the next targeted plane.

I repeat not only on this thread, Muslims are not susceptible to committing terrorist acts, rather humans are. The problem is when we tend to choose to cling to our stereotypical approaches to reasoning.

When an act of violence occurs and its viewed, the first identity check on it would be, what is that person's religion to enable proper phrasing of that violence, If that violence is perpetuated by a human that happens to be a Muslim, the sentence would then be crafted with the word terrorism, or terrorist in the construct. If that violence is perpetuated by somebody other than a Muslim, then it is an ordinary Crime.

Thats the reality you have to face when browsing through foreign news especially from the western media today. The question is, does that make Muslims bad? No rather it makes us understand that, its a weapon of sympathy against certain political agenda's such as Sadam is a terrorist, because he is acclaimed to be a muslim, but Fiedel Castro and Hu Jintao are not.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2006
If I should believe you, tell me how many Americans or foreigners have been bombed,beheaded,kidnapped and tortured by castro.?

In the name of what religion is he willing to die?.
Please stop confusing issues.
So Abacha and Babangida who killed their citizens should be regarded as terrorists by the way they are Muslims too.
How many sikhs,Hindus,Christians even animists celebrated Sept11 or are willing to blow themselves up for the cause of their belief.
How many Christians did you see militantly protest da vinci code burn flags and threaten to kill the film producer? or raise hell.
Only Muslims go about their discontent by violent murderous protests and you think we have no reason to question this barbaric acts.

Do you need a list of terrorism by Muslims ?
You cannot solve a problem without first acknowledging it no matter how hard you try.
Al zaqarwi and the rest shouted allahu akhbar before and after beheading innocent citizens and if Muslims are not willing to find out why a supposed peaceful religion has produced tons of murderers and growing willing to blow themselves up by their own testimony for the cause of Allah,like I said it could be anyone in the next targeted plane or train.

It is time for the Islamic religion to look inwards and perhaps change the tone they have been using because we are all paying the price dearly.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2006
@babyosisi

You miss it again, its not about me, its about the points I have laid down, the credibility of it, so you don't have to make it personal.

Maybe you might want to browse through the historical archive of Fidel Castro, his uprise against the goverment etc etc and maybe read extensively on what terrorism is, because your understanding seems to have come from media relativity.

Did I mention Abacha and IBB? I guess not, here you go making up generalized statements out of the examples I have given. Even though the subjects in relative question, were not rightly placed, their position was not established the same way Fidel Castro was. So please read through the historical archives and relate it with the definition.

Do you agree that there are christian terrorist in Ireland and Sri Lanka, for example? This is because by religion, they are christians. Please answer this question, thank you.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by donmayor(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2006
Christian terrorist are not terrorising in the name of the gospel. They are fighting independent, country related wars. Islamic terrorists are driven by words in the koran and their perception that if u r not a muslim u r an enemy, an infidel.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2006
donmayor:

Christian terrorist are not terrorising in the name of the gospel. They are fighting independent, country related wars. Islamic terrorists are driven by words in the koran and their perception that if you're not a muslim you're an enemy, an infidel.

Words in the Quran? You derived that by browsing through hypotesis on the case, I suppose? Am I correct?

How about I do the same? Starting from the old testaments, looking for how God according to the bible destroyed a whole city of homosexuals and use that today as an anthem against my cause of wiping homosexuals out of the world? Because God believes they do not need to exist, and its following his way? I guess that is not applicable since its in the realms of your beleif?

But in reality, that is exactly what you are doing, using quotations out of context to assume.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by donmayor(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2006
It's not an hypothesis. Don't u watch bin laden's video? In whose name is he fighting? Logical? Al-Zarqawi turned muslims against themselves in Iraq although fighting in the name of Allah just to defeat the 'infidels". I am not assuming, I have never read the koran but I watch Bin Laden on CNN and his motive of fighting are clear as a bright sunny day. don't be blinded.
Yeah the bible is against homosexuality and God would eventually be the judge of that not some christians strapping bombs on themselves and blowing up themselves in gatherings of homosexuals.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2006
@donmayor,they are impossible to reason with no matter how hard you try.
The good thing is that many Muslims are ashamed of atrocities that have been committed and attributted to the cause of Allah and fighting the infidels and vehemently oppose it.

Most others would rather point fingers at everyone else to make us lose focus
Logical only needs to see the example in Northerrn Nigeria with Muslims slaughtering Christians everytime they feel Mohammed has been disrespected.
You cannot change what you don't acknowledge.

Again for the last time Christ did not murder or teach anyone to murder in his name unlike Mohammed who killed and led wars.
If you tell me that it was for that time in history,many Muslims still following that example need a lecture on that because the world is tired of all this.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2006
Logical:

@babyosisi

You miss it again, its not about me, its about the points I have laid down, the credibility of it, so you don't have to make it personal.

Maybe you might want to browse through the historical archive of Fidel Castro, his uprise against the goverment etc etc and maybe read extensively on what terrorism is, because your understanding seems to have come from media relativity.

Did I mention Abacha and IBB? I guess not, here you go making up generalized statements out of the examples I have given. Even though the subjects in relative question, were not rightly placed, their position was not established the same way Fidel Castro was. So please read through the historical archives and relate it with the definition.

Do you agree that there are christian terrorist in Ireland and Sri Lanka, for example? This is because by religion, they are christians. Please answer this question, thank you.

You my man are the one missing it,IBB and Abacha were just my examples to tell you that Castros agenda was not different from the dictator Abachas.
They did not kill in the name of religion but politics.

Since you choose to equate Castro to Alqueda and Islamic jihadists and know better,what religion did he seek to convert the whole world to and how many planes to and from America has he targetted in the name of his god?

To answer your question above,the terrorists in IRA have a target and they are not doing their fighting in the name of Christ because he did not give any such command.

A good analogy to you would be the Shittes and sunnis that blow themselves up even in mosques,those factions have their targets,they are not our problems as long as they blow up just themselves in the name of whatever they choose to fight for.
The same way if indeed there are terrorists who profess to be Christians in Srilanka,they are not running around planning to blow the rest of the world up and they know their targets.

There are Islamic terrorists planning to kill us all in Britain,Americia,,Nigera,middle east,Indonesia,Sudan.
whereever there are Muslims there are groups in the name of allah planning to kill off Christians and Jews.
You don't even need to be literate to see it.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Ugwumba(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2006
Brothers,

before una start one religious war here, make i weigh in.

Most conflicts have their foundation rooted in religion, or the lack of it (which in fact is a 'religion').

The IRA (Catholicism), Castro (Communism - the anti-religion 'religion'), Shiite vs Sunni (Muslim sects) vs the West (Christian dominated) vs Israel (mainly Jewish), the Fulani-Hausa conflicts (Islam versus then atheists), Fulani-Yoruba (Islam vs Oranmiyan) etc.

So u see, u are both, to a large extent, right in your arguments. No 1 religion has the monopoly of virtue or violence, each has had its torrid past and present.

Get rid of the religious divide (difficult) and you solve a major reason for the conflicts.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 3:17am On Aug 30, 2006
babyosisi:

You my man are the one missing it,IBB and Abacha were just my examples to tell you that Castros agenda was not different from the dictator Abachas.

They did not kill in the name of religion but politics.

Since you choose to equate Castro to Alqueda and Islamic jihadists and know better,what religion did he seek to convert the whole world to and how many planes to and from America has he targetted in the name of his god?

To answer your question above,the terrorists in IRA have a target and they are not doing their fighting in the name of Christ because he did not give any such command.

When it comes to analysing crimes perpetuated by Muslims, you agree that their cause was religious based, but when it comes to those perpetuated by Non Muslims, you agree that it has no religious motive. Interesting.

I don't even know where to start since you are soo misguided with the meaning of terrorism. I am not a teacher, I am only a clarifier, for those seeking for the truth. I still can't figure the way you analyse things, but I guess if you really know the historical background of Castro considering his uprise to what he is now, you would know exactly where I am coming from, but since you don't have such a rich understanding of political, or even historical occurencies or simple terminologies used vs propaganda approaches, I would hereby rest my case, since you are not ready to even evaluate what I have written already, rather you are looking for answers to affirm to what you already believe.

A clarifications of Northern conflicts, whether you are muslim or not, as long as  you are not of Hausa Origin, during the conflicts, your life would not be spaired. I was in Kano in 1990-1992 conflicts, and I know how many Yoruba Muslims were slaughtered.

As for affirming to your already mindset/beliefs, That I cannot really help you with. Sorry.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2006
@ logical I ask you again what religious cause Castro was fighting for and in the name of what god?
enlighten us on the IRA bombers in Northern Ireland  and in what name they are fighting and if there aim is to fight the course of Christ?or for political reasons and what threat they  are to you?
I regard the terrorism caused by Muslims as religious because so they say and they give us quotes in the Koran why they are mandated to do so.
If that aggravates you,someone needs to tell them not to do so and the other Muslims should not celebrate them.

Big difference.
1.The Muslim terrorists tell us they are mandated by Allah to kill the infidels.
2.Their matyr tapes shout allahu akbar like you do and proclaim Islam.
3.They say they are awaiting a reward from allah of 72 houris and even males  in paradise for fighting the good fight
4.Muslims come out en masse sometimes in arms to protest cartoons,books,beauty competitions.
4.They burn flags and shout death to the zionists whenever .they feel Mohammed has been dissed.
5.In Nigeria they have killed tens of thousands in riots started by them.
6.In Sudan they have killed,raped and captured southern Christians and animists in their raids.
7In Indonesia and phillipines they capture and kill or forcefully convert.
8.They celebrate terror activities and suicide bombings en masse when it happens.
9.Everywhere there are Muslims,there are groups planning to kill and annihilate anyone who disagrees with them

We open the Koran and read where Mohammed waged wars and killed and captured people and made them his slaves so these people say they are following his examples.

It leaves us with just one explanation why Muslims are very susceptible to violent and terrorist acts,there could be something in the teachings  of Islam  with violent connotations causing them not to love but hate other people with opposing views so much that they are willing to blow up themselves with their enemies.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by Logical(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2006
babyosisi:

We open the Koran and read where Muhammad waged wars and killed and captured people and made them his slaves so these people say they are following his examples.

Is it? shocked, when you say something like that, you should include quotations to support that statement.it would help other readers, atleast me, so I would know what exactly you are reffering at, and be able to give proper response in regards.

babyosisi:

It leaves us with just one explanation why Muslims are very susceptible to violent and terrorist acts,there could be something in the teachings of Islam with violent connotations causing them not to love but hate other people with opposing views so much that they are willing to blow up themselves with their enemies.

There could be? First you attest by claiming it promotes, now you are not sure? Interesting.
Re: Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims by donmayor(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2006
Logical, you have no point at all. It's clear even to the average muslim that his religion promotes violence. You can try to distance yourself from this violence by saying it's those that take a radical view of islam instead of trying to deny a well known fact. Mohammed preached violence against non muslims in his time and probably because of changing times, that directive can no longer be followed but radical islamists still cling to that directive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Best Theology College In Nigeria / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Comforting Scriptures For All Relationship Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.