Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti (6354 Views)

FG To Establish JAMB E-testing Centres In 774 LGAs / Iyalode Of Yorubaland To Establish Vocational Private University / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by jmaine: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2012

Electronics giant, Samsung, is set to establishing an engineering academy in Ado Ekiti, capital of Ekiti State, as part of its partnership arrangement with the state government.

The establishment of the academy is part of the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the state government and the management of Samsung in Seoul, South Korea on Monday.

Governor Kayode Fayemi signed for the state government, while the Executive Vice-President, IT Solutions Business, Samsung, Mr. Seongwoo Nam, signed on behalf of his firm at a brief ceremony at the company’s head office in Seoul.

According to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode, other areas of collaboration between Ekiti State and Samsung as contained in the MoU, include e-governance, healthcare, technology park, smart city and safe city initiatives of the state government.

Fayemi said the partnership with Samsung would boost the state government’s ICT plans, especially its e-school, e-payment and e-government projects.

The statement said Samsung was one of the major partners of the state government on its computer-per-child initiative, which is designed to put a laptop computer on the desk of every student in the state’s public secondary schools by 2014.

According to the statement, 33,000 laptop computers out of the planned 100,000 are being distributed across the state in the fist phase of the project.

http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2012/09/samsung-to-establish-engineering-academy-in-ado-ekiti/

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Why e be say na only Ekiti news carry am.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by miteolu(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2012
Like GSM village, Ikeja?
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by aribisala0(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Fail to see the attraction or business case for Ekiti?
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by pdone: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2012
Seun and Moderators, I take God beg una, please go back to nairaland archive since the creation of this site. Pull out all the "TO, Will, " About to, "By so so years ",etc contracts and tell me the number of them that has been completed. Stop posting this "To, To , To , contracts" please. Enough of these ghost projects. Let them start and complete the work first before we rejoice. I like goods news but I hate it when it plays with my reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Esss(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2012
aribisala0: Fail to see the attraction or business case for Ekiti?

Me neither..

Ekiti State....!! Everytime I think of Ekiti, I can only seem to associate it with poverty, backwardness,child prostitution and child molestation..
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by tjadeba(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2012
Do Ekiti people need this? I wonder why Nigerian leaders are clueless. This governor has not even solved the basic education problems bedevilling the state, he is talking of a Samsung academy. How does this help raise the state's poor standard of education? How does this initiative improve on the facilities in the state owned schools? Why not solve the basic problems facing the education sector of the state? You need to go the state owned schools to know what i am saying. The secondary schools do not have proper science labs to train its teeming learners, the state university does not have modern facilities to handle science and engineering courses thereby churning out half baked science and engineering graduates year in, year out. These politicians just love to use our destinies to play politics, because i do not see any good fruit that will be reaped from this meaningless trip to SEOUL, South Korea

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by tjadeba(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Me neither..

Ekiti State....!! Everytime I think of Ekiti, I can only seem to associate it with poverty, backwardness,child prostitution and child molestation..

I beg to disagree with you on the bolded word
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Esss(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2012
tjadeba:

I beg to disagree with you on the bolded word

Ekiti State have brothels inside secondary schools and Primary schools.. https://www.nairaland.com/795581/ekiti-shut-down-brothel-near

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Adanyebe(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2012
why in EKITI and not LAGOS or ABUJA?... how do we stand to gain from this? does dat mean we'll be able to start manufacturing SAMSUNG products from here in Nigeria and start selling it to the rest of the world in years time?I think the Govt. shud try and be clever on this so as they dont sway talents from here for themselves and for the growth of their company only.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by dhrey: 11:02am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Me neither..

u've never made any gud comment since wen av been seein ur post,i can now see dat is hw ur life is.where den do u want dem 2 take it.ur local village abi.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2012
I don't know when states like Ekiti will start getting their priorities right. Wetin concern Ekiti with technology. they should focus on Agriculture and stop fooling themselves and NIgerians.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by dhrey: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2012
Adanyebe: why in EKITI and not LAGOS or ABUJA?... how do we stand to gain from this? does dat mean we'll be able to start manufacturing SAMSUNG products from here in Nigeria and start selling it to the rest of the world in years time?I think the Govt. shud try and be clever on this so as they dont sway talents from here for themselves and for the growth of their company only.
na only lagos nd abuja dey dis country,is nt a most 4 u 2 benefit 4rm it.d pple of ekiti wil enjoy it nd rest of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Esss(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2012
dhrey: u've never made any gud comment since wen av been seein ur post,i can now see dat is hw ur life is.where den do u want dem 2 take it.ur local village abi.

Thanks for being my fan, but sadly I never knew you existed until today..

Okay, here is my autograph for you wall...

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3q7zvr.jpg[/img]

Okay.. bye

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Jisunpack: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: Why e be say na only Ekiti news carry am.

You made the above post trying to discredit the news, but when it was dawn on you that the news and indeed Samsung are interested in Ekiti state, you flipped to your bigotry mode and spew another rubbish.

afam4eva: I don't know when states like Ekiti will start getting their priorities right. Wetin concern Ekiti with technology. they should focus on Agriculture and stop fooling themselves and NIgerians.

So is building a beer and Kain kain factory in Anambra state a priority? bigoted ediot!

3 Likes

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:
So is building a beer and Kain kain factory in Anambra state a priority? bigoted ediot!
Anambra is a commercial and an industrial state, so you should expect different kinds of factories springing up here and there.

Everything is tribalism for some of you.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Jisunpack: 11:23am On Sep 11, 2012
Shut just the fucck up! only a goat driven by sheer bigotry and hate will make the useless and stupid comments as you did. Getting Samsung in Ekiti is not a priority according to these bigoted mongrels.

I thought you said ACN governors are embarrassment? scoundrel.

afam4eva:
Anambra is a commercial and an industrial state, so you should expect different kinds of factories springing up here and there.

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Esss(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:

Dont mind the Ewu Ijebu..

Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Pgent1(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2012
Am dissappntd with d way some nairalanders reason,u're beefng ekiti,when ur own govt no get sense 2 go sign memo with samsung&i hope u didn't 4get dat ekiti is d fountain of knwldge,u shuld try 2 apprc8 gud tinz dan sit down&postng rubbish with dat 3rd hand phone ur grandpa gave u
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Pgent1(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: I don't know when states like Ekiti will start getting their priorities right. Wetin concern Ekiti with technology. they should focus on Agriculture and stop fooling themselves and NIgerians.
oh boy u dull no be small,i pity ur career
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by festusdaodu: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2012
Ǻ̀́м̣̣̥̇̊‎​ greatly suprised and at the same time disappointed at some of the comments. The main idea of siting such a world-class facility is majorly to tap into the vast human capital abundant in the state and not neccessarily the economic aspect. It is on record that ekiti state ranks highest in academic and professional excellence all over the country. For instance, the state mostly has the highest cut-off points into secondary, university and even federal govt jobs which is basically due to high scores of its indigines. Let us stop being biased and myopic in our assessment of national and sectional issues.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by dhrey: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Thanks for being my fan, but sadly I never knew you existed until today..

Okay, here is my autograph for you wall...

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3q7zvr.jpg[/img]

Okay.. bye
see dis village boy,frivolous pple lk u shld b ban on dis thread.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by odunragbada: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2012
Am very disappointed with the type of responses on the news » Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti « with the level of education and exposure,and the way ICT is crumbling in Nigeria you people are graduates for God sake dnt imagine what am seen as a reply, Samsung academy is going to add values to soc-economic activities in ekiti.why is it dat people in lagos to be precise urban cities r selfish so u dnt want others to develop and moreover i discover the reply is somehow political so my dear friends forget about ACN,PDP,and others pray to God that they should embark on programs that u will be involved in and gainfully employed i love the initiatives is just dat government project take alot of time i pray that the ekiti state government should be successful in this project
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2012
odunragbada: Am very disappointed with the type of responses on the news » Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti « with the level of education and exposure,and the way ICT is crumbling in Nigeria you people are graduates for God sake dnt imagine what am seen as a reply, Samsung academy is going to add values to soc-economic activities in ekiti.why is it dat people in lagos to be precise urban cities r selfish so u dnt want others to develop and moreover i discover the reply is somehow political so my dear friends forget about ACN,PDP,and others pray to God that they should embark on programs that u will be involved in and gainfully employed i love the initiatives is just dat government project take alot of time i pray that the ekiti state government should be successful in this project
People should develop based on their strengths. It's not by force for every state to be like Lagos.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by dhrey: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2012
Pgent1: Am dissappntd with d way some nairalanders reason,u're beefng ekiti,when ur own govt no get sense 2 go sign memo with samsung&i hope u didn't 4get dat ekiti is d fountain of knwldge,u shuld try 2 apprc8 gud tinz dan sit down&postng rubbish with dat 3rd hand phone ur grandpa gave u
thank u my brother.they dont appreciate good thing in there life.
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Dotman01(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Wetin concern ekiti with technology? . . . But it'll be alrite if the school is situated in anambra? U be confirm ode
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Dotman01(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
People should develop based on their strengths. It's not by force for every state to be like Lagos.
but according to ur earlier post its ok for anambra
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2012
Dotman01: Wetin concern ekiti with technology? . . . But it'll be alrite if the school is situated in anambra? U be confirm ode
If it was situated in Anambra or even Ogun or Oyo, i would understand. But not Ekiti, Ebonyi or Zamfara. Don't you get it or are you common sense deficient?
Re: Samsung To Establish Engineering Academy In Ekiti by dhrey: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
wat do knw abt strength.empty skull

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whiteplains British School Tuition Fee / Full Chapter By Chapter Summary Of Independence (novel For 2017 Utme) / What Does Credit Load, Credit Unit and Credit Hours Mean In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.