Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List (16112 Views)

Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Queen Of England Honours Nigerians In Her Honours List Of 2015 / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by dikkybutt(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Isn't it a shame - a very big shame- that Imeh Usuah, the Abuja-based Taxi Driver, who made headlines earlier this year when he returned Items worth 18 Million Naira that a passenger forgot in his Car, didn't make this years honours list?

Mr. Usuah, a father of 6, could have made away with that money and be a 'big boy' now. Rather he returned it. What did he get in return? To the best of my knowledge, he got a paltry N30,000 from the National Orientation Agency.

Wouldn't it have been wise to factor in such an 'ordinary' Nigerian while compiling that list that honours mainly Individuals that have milked our commonweatlth.
We do not honour heroes. We do not set good precedence for others. What a disincentive for other Taxi drivers to tow the path of Imeh Usuah.

I wrote this piece last November after the sham of an award last year http://ekekeee.com/irrational-dishonour-awards-by-dickson-u-kalu/ it is still relevant today. @DicksonKalu

22 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by k2039: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2012
dikkybutt:
We do not honour heroes.
we love to reward/honor bad behaviours/characters/crooks/theives

dikkybutt: We do not set good precedence for others.
They are setting precedence for crooks and theives
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Chanchit: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2012
If my papa return that kyn money, we go fight, xpecially in Abuja, the creddle of stolen money.

6 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by dikkybutt(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2012
@K2039: you took the words right of my mouth

@Chancit: you would be angry with your Father because you know he won't get any recognition for his Honourable act.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by achi4u(m): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2012
As a theiving govt,they see his action(s) as an un-nigerian and very fo.olish.How can he return such amouth of money in the first place?

if na my papa...na to disown am.simple

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by k2039: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2012
Chanchit: expecially in Abuja, the cradle of stolen money.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2012
that clearly shows what nigeria is, the more u still the more honourable u become!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2012
Only criminals and rogues are honoured in nigeria. Sorry for the dude. If na me dat money don enter network busy! undecided

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2012
Actually, what Imeh did is not honourable in the eyes of the Presidency. No one does that in Aso-Rock. next time he should ensure he does the honourable thing.

4 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
The National Awards is for honouring thieves, their friends and their supporters. I'll never give my all to "Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by jmaine: 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
So Imeh Usuah missed out on his blessing and testimony by returning that stash . . .grin . . .

He sure deserves some level of encouragement from the FG and Nigerians at large . . . .
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by kulboy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Demdem: Actually, what Imeh did is not honourable in the eyes of the Presidency. No one does that in Aso-Rock. next time he should ensure he does the honourable thing.
grin grin this is so true
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by irecruit(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
WOW, THIS IS SURPRISING, WHAT A NATION.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
You guys have to know that the term "Honorable" is relative and it means different things to different people. How can a thief see someone like Imeh as an Honorable person. If he had stolen that money, bought a governorship ticket and looted the treasury of his state, by now he woould have been awarded the CON.

9 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by SamMilla1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
dont worry. We prefer to honour thieves.

Dont forget this is Nigeria.
Tell me one thing that is right here?

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Biggyd2: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
Before nko? The guy has a conscience so he won't be recognised. Many of our leaders have theirs buried in the middle of the ocean. I am sure they will be calling him a compound fool for returning the money.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Youngclem0: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
Na wa 4 dat man oooh

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ebamma(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
you pick 18million go return give the owner na mumu dey worry you

3 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by AkpuNku2: 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
I believe the owner of that 18m must have more than that in his/her account

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Odinaka00(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Chai if na my papa return dat kain money(thou him nor fit try A̶̲̥̅♏) I for dis-own my papa

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ignis: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
cogitoErgo: that clearly shows what nigeria is, the more u still the more honourable u become!
It's steal and not still
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by kundul: 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Honestly he'll b looked @ with disdain if he made d list even ryt in d hall. Do u think he'll even b allowed 2 sit close 2 a dangote, a govnor, a senator, or d wealthy dt made d list? Dey'll mk sure he's isolated in d hall dt himself wuld almost die of complex. So pls allow him b ooh. 2 bad 4 our govt

7 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by misreal(m): 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
dis is exactly wat i said in de last thread.award shud be giving to patriotic nigerians nt looters
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by jamil2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=berem]Only criminals and rogues are honoured in nigeria. Sorry for the dude. If na me dat money don enter network busy! undecided[/quote

if you commented more that I dont suprise..
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by shegzy4luv(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
D man returned d money because he is highly interested in taking his GARETH BALE peacefully rather dan eating wat will make him be hospitalized in Germany.

4 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by creserve: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
It is so unfortunate that it is the likes of governor Suswam of Benue,a reknowned WAEC certificate forger,former governor Odili,a looter who is being shielded form investigation and prosecution by the judiciary because the wife is a serving judge and Mahmud Lai Alabi,a front for Sen Saraki,who ochestrated the writting off of the Senators huge debt to intercontinental bank when he was made the interim CEO of the bank. Indeed Nigeria is a wonderful nation.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by dridowu: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
If d man has kept the money to himsellf , may be he would have make the list ?..................9ja dy Bleep person up....................:hissssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
When the good now suffers and the bad enjoys and continues living well. Hmmmm something is wrong.
When a terrorist gets 3 yrs jail and a 5 naira thief gets 30 to lifetime jailing then something is wrong and its all pointing to a particular thing ama not say.

God help us
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by khattab008: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
That man deserves some recognition joor return 18m and NOA gives u 30k not up to one percent of d money returned HABA
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Leemak: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
dt man called Usuah or wot is his name na fool....u can do dt in a country where there is sincerity, d owner of dt money must b among those ppl dt ar stealing our money in dis country if not how could a businessman/woman dt hav laboured so hard 4get dt type of money in a taxi?......dt taxi driver should not b honoured with a national award because he is an international mugu of all times!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
is he members of PDP? how many governors and senators does he eat and dine with? how many rigging did he execute in his constituencies during elections? if not next time he should know what to do with that money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Delegates Visit Aisha Buhari In Her Home (Photos) / EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu / Magu, Going The Way Of His Predecessors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.