Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List (16105 Views)

Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Queen Of England Honours Nigerians In Her Honours List Of 2015 / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by AdeniyiA(m): 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
BTW, how N WHAT do our rulers(not leaders) think self?
infact, aso rock needed to be spiritually purged.
Nigeria néeds PURGING!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by AdeniyiA(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
many of those people bn given d award wud neva av returned such money if they were in such position.
seriously, d man deserves a national honour
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by onyfrank: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
Thats why God doesn't go with majority. D taxi driver has done wat is right. Let the mother Nature reward him.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by folahann(m): 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why we call it Nigeria
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by vulpeslopez(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
The Taxi driver no well 1.8million I no go return na 18million I wan come return?...everybody way de form say them go return d money just de talk their own.chai....if na my house dat man dey stay I for don give am Quicknotice sharpsharp.....Honours List my foot which Honour dey 9ja?

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by KDULAR: 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
many of those people bn given d award wud neva av returned such money if they were in such position.
seriously, d man deserves a national honour
True majority of 'em will pursue the purse of the owner so as look for how to steal more.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ZeusI: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
You are not even ashamed of posting this thread. Nigeria was not forged from honesty, so any man lacking in avariciousness should bear the cross of that man; poverty of the spirit(for his; is the kingdom of heaven)! A good man should not be expectant of applauds or praise or National Honour for any good done, God will reward him.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ZeusI: 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sam Milla: dont worry. We prefer to honour thieves.

Dont forget this is Nigeria.
Tell me one thing that is right here?
Becoming immensely rich by your effort. That is true freedom, the survival of the fittest. Nigeria is not for some feminine traits possessors(seeking govt provided 'Always Ultra' and 'Feeding Bottle')and weaklings and loafers.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by kingblosky: 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
They don't want people that return millions on the list; they only want those that steal billions.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ignis: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
dridowu: If d man has kept the money to himsellf , may be he would have make the list ?..................9ja dy Bleep person up....................:hissssssssssssssssss
Exactly, In Nigeria good people are not recognised
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by sylve11: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2012
ignis:
It's steal and not still

grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by faithbukky(m): 5:12am On Sep 12, 2012
Kawu Baraje made the list because he was PDP acting chairman. What a criteria. I still dey laff. The taxi man is not a member of pdp. Period
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by mikuz(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2012
Maybe he would make the list for that of next year.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Xandulyn(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2012
What he did was for God and NOT man. Even if he doesnt stay long on Earth to reap his rewards, it will be passed on to his Children and Generations unborn..... That's how God works. Let the Nigerian Govt recognize their like-minds, they will perish together like "Like-minds".
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by landinfo: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2012
Hw can sum1 4get 18m in a taxi/hotel? sumtin is fishi dere...d owna MUS b a thief/crook or a ritualist
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by onyxo76(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2012
honors list indeed.for those who followed tunde fagbenle sunday punch back page column some 3 weeks ago will observe he made a case for the former oau vc ;prof roger makanjuola to be given a place in a honors list for his incorruptible style of leadership while in office.
sadly i doubt if that will ever happen as those awards are only given to.....
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by wisestfool: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2012
So painful!!!!! I just remember, Even some man of God cannot do such a thing.
we don't seems to recognize and encourage good things....
sebi dey share the National Award among themselve.....Mtchewwww angry
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by luckarub(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2012
dikkybutt: Isn't it a shame - a very big shame- that Imeh Usuah, the Abuja-based Taxi Driver, who made headlines earlier this year when he returned Items worth 18 Million Naira that a passenger forgot in his Car, didn't make this years honours list?

Mr. Usuah, a father of 6, could have made away with that money and be a 'big boy' now. Rather he returned it. What did he get in return? To the best of my knowledge, he got a paltry N30,000 from the National Orientation Agency.

Wouldn't it have been wise to factor in such an 'ordinary' Nigerian while compiling that list that honours mainly Individuals that have milked our commonweatlth.
We do not honour heroes. We do not set good precedence for others. What a disincentive for other Taxi drivers to tow the path of Imeh Usuah.

I wrote this piece last November after the sham of an award last year http://ekekeee.com/irrational-dishonour-awards-by-dickson-u-kalu/ it is still relevant today. @DicksonKalu

I am sure u also know that the usefulness of the awards have not been told to Nigerians, so maybe because they (the govt) knows that it might be useless to him even if they give him, he cannot use it for anything, even when contracts want to be awarded, they won't remember him, so just leave the man alone, not until we know what these awards would be used for...
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Catlanta: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
I don't see why people should be honoured for doing what is right! Should that be our driving factor? "maybe if i return it they will honor me?" No you should do good because it is the right thing to do. always!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Catlanta: I don't see why people should be honoured for doing what is right! Should that be our driving factor? "maybe if i return it they will honor me?" No you should do good because it is the right thing to do. always!
But good work should be commended and even rewarded so that people other people will want to do good.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by HumbleServant(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
That man did the right thing. Everybody cannot be thief. His help will come from God.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by free2ryhme: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
dikkybutt: Isn't it a shame - a very big shame- that Imeh Usuah, the Abuja-based Taxi Driver, who made headlines earlier this year when he returned Items worth 18 Million Naira that a passenger forgot in his Car, didn't make this years honours list?

Mr. Usuah, a father of 6, could have made away with that money and be a 'big boy' now. Rather he returned it. What did he get in return? To the best of my knowledge, he got a paltry N30,000 from the National Orientation Agency.

Wouldn't it have been wise to factor in such an 'ordinary' Nigerian while compiling that list that honours mainly Individuals that have milked our commonweatlth.
We do not honour heroes. We do not set good precedence for others. What a disincentive for other Taxi drivers to tow the path of Imeh Usuah.

I wrote this piece last November after the sham of an award last year http://ekekeee.com/irrational-dishonour-awards-by-dickson-u-kalu/ it is still relevant today. @DicksonKalu

Nigerians will continue to amuse me.. Y on earth do you want the Taxi driver to be on Honours list? Being honest is a civic responsibility not a feat of some sort. This is an indication of the high rate of corruption that has pervaded our society ... grin The honours list is not an-all-comers affair... haba ... is this an indication that something must go for something before you can be honest? Na wa ooo
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
IN 9JA ONLY CROOKS AND CRIMINALS ARE WELCOME. HONEST PEOPLE ARE NOT. SO DONT WASTE UR TIME STAYING HERE IF U WANT TO MAKE AN HONEST LIVING COS U WILL ONLY BE TRAMPLED. EVIL REIGNS EVERYWHERE U GO IN 9JA.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by delta234: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
The man did it because in his thinking, that was the right thing to be done. Moreover, the money(or valuables) in question were not his and he returned them to the owner.I guess he did NOT do it to be rewarded by anybody!(not the owner,not even the NOA)
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Olaolufred(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2012

He would have made the list easily If He did steal the money,
The system in nigeria does not believe in Honesty. The best truth is, our system persecutes truth and enthrones lies and fraud.
Go through the list, you will find out that 80% of the nominee are those who drained this nation dry.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
Youngclem0: Na wa 4 dat man oooh

Last month, a Keke Napep driver in Aba returned 35million forgotten in the luggage area of his tricycle after the money was dicovered the following morning when he was washing it.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by samfash4re: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2012
I remember in 2008 wen a pilot in USA landed a plane on river and prevented it 4rm crashing. He had d honour of sitting wit obama during swearing-in but it is a pity dat in nigeria worthy and sincere pple are not honoured by d govt only thieves are honoured and dats y dose useless lawmakers see dem selves as honourable and distinguished. I hate dis govt.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Waladade4luv(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2012
Demdem: Actually, what Imeh did is not honourable in the eyes of the Presidency. No one does that in Aso-Rock. next time he should ensure he does the honourable thing.
dia will neva b nxt time 4 him. Opportunity lost
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by LKO(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Olaolufred:

He would have made the least easily If He did steal the money,
The system in nigeria does not believe in Honesty. As a meatter of truth, our system persecutes truth and enthrones lies and fraud.
Go through the list, you will find that 80% of the nominee are those who drained this nation dry.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by jjay28(m): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, the man fall hand die. mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. naija no be wia im supose do that kin thing.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ignis: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nairaland=info:
Hw can sum1 4get 18m in a taxi/hotel? sumtin is fishi dere...d owna MUS b a thief/crook or a ritualist
Please don't conclude. Similar thing has happened to me before.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ibsureboy: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeparipa.....fellow Nigerians

.yy
Chanchit: If my papa return that kyn money, we go fight, xpecially in Abuja, the creddle of stolen money.
grin
Chanchit: If my papa return that kyn money, we go fight, xpecially in Abuja, the creddle of stolen money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happening Now: 19 Northern Governors, IG, COAS, IBB, Others In Emergency Meeting / Prayers Held For Buhari's Health In Nasarawa (Photos) / BREAKING: 'without Consulting INEC, We’re Proceeding With Campaign', Says APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.