Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List (16106 Views)

Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Queen Of England Honours Nigerians In Her Honours List Of 2015 / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by lanyats: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
IF ONLY THE TAXI DRIVER HAD STOLE THE N18M AND CONTESTED THE NEXT ELECTION INTO THE STATE OR NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.
HIS NAME WOULD APPEAR IN THE LIST OF AWARDEES THE FOLLOWING YEAR!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by lacasa: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ђδω u want mek Jona honour d man na

The man ηo be Thief now

With Jona, na only Thief dey get Award na grin
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Ajibel(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2012
The real honor coms 4rm God..d man nids not to worry

3 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by vislabraye(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
berem: Only criminals and rogues are honoured in nigeria. Sorry for the dude. If na me dat money don enter network busy! undecided

Are you doing good to get recognition?
I bow for Naija people O. They can be so religious yet they lack simple qualities like integrity.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by striker07(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
the way people are condemning the man shows high level of moral decadence that exist in our beloved nation, later we will have the gut to criticize a leader, a nation deserves thier kind of leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by vislabraye(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
What is wrong with our govt. They honour thieves. Some of the people awarded are behind the problem we're facing today.
Adenuga was involved in oil scam and yet he was nominated. He should be facing trials. Jimoh Ibrahim another crook. This nation is just a paradox.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Exponental(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
He probably is on d foolish/ stupid list.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
ignis:
It's steal and not still
OK, thanks, did not see it!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Then, who deserves to be honoured in Nigeria?
I wish I can give the man N18m back.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by sharpshap(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Its so sad sad

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by naptu2: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
I have often criticised the national honours list (I don't believe people should be given awards based on the office/positions they hold, I don't believe people should be given an award when they've just been sworn in to a position and have not performed. I believe most of the people who get the top awards are people of questionable character, although deserving people get some of the lower awards), however, this time I'll look at it from a different angle.

How are people nominated for these awards? I gather that anybody can nominate someone by sending the person's details (why you think he deserves an award, etc) to the ministry of special duties.

Did anybody nominate the taxi driver? Have you ever nominated anybody and what was your experience?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by naptu2: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by andyanders: 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
dikkybutt: Isn't it a shame - a very big shame- that Imeh Usuah, the Abuja-based Taxi Driver, who made headlines earlier this year when he returned Items worth 18 Million Naira that a passenger forgot in his Car, didn't make this years honours list?

Mr. Usuah, a father of 6, could have made away with that money and be a 'big boy' now. Rather he returned it. What did he get in return? To the best of my knowledge, he got a paltry N30,000 from the National Orientation Agency.

Wouldn't it have been wise to factor in such an 'ordinary' Nigerian while compiling that list that honours mainly Individuals that have milked our commonweatlth.
We do not honour heroes. We do not set good precedence for others. What a disincentive for other Taxi drivers to tow the path of Imeh Usuah.

I wrote this piece last November after the sham of an award last year http://ekekeee.com/irrational-dishonour-awards-by-dickson-u-kalu/ it is still relevant today. @DicksonKalu

Listen my brother, Unless you are a thief, you CANNOT get these Awards been given by the Federal Government.

They are waiting on Ibori to come back so that he can be nominated for an award. Unless you can steal big, then you can be qualified to be given an award.

Had it been the guy stole the money, invest with the money, enter government, steal big, then, the federal government can now recognize him.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Sogo10: 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
Dont know y u r speaking 4 d man.u dont know d criteria 4 selection.and wen u do good if u dont know u dont ask 4 anytin in return.it is only God dat can honor u.with dat u become immortal.
Sogo10: Dont know y u r speaking 4 d man.u dont know d criteria 4 selection.and wen u do good if u dont know u dont ask 4 anytin in return.it is only God dat can honor u.with dat u become immortal.
if d honest man come out tomorrow and says he is going 4 a political post.wont u 4 vote 4 him.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by robert2051(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
The only item/s worth 18million naira that readilly comes to mind, that can fit into a car(taxi) is cash, currency or monetery tender of some sort, so this man actually returned money!
Let him not worry, if honoured alongside those presently nominated he would be down with the wrong crew, 18 mil! Na wa oh! I hope he's been rewarded well, 6 kids no be joke for cabby!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by harlos: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
They r not encouraging us to be nice,we don't even knw which to choose

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Antho4lyf(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
U knw what is wrong at the eye of man sumtyms maybe right at the eyes of God so maybe dat guy wants to mke heaven not money

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Antho4lyf(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
U knw sumtyms what is considered wrong at the eyes of man might be rgiht at the eyes of God so maybe dat guy want to mke heaven not money.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by hamidred(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
please somebody help! Something is going wrong in Nigeria
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by mikuz(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
And you tell me Nigeria is not cursed?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by offshoreking: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why should his name be on the list? he return his own national cake. So he have miss his own honour.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by dannywest: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
By Nigerian Standards, he did a stupid,not honorable thing.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by kay4cashmoney(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
Don't 4get that d Man av honour with 30,000 & IMON ( international Mugun Of Naija ) wat else? He didn't deserved more than that Guys
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Latnok95(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Post.. I am marveled by what you write.. Its called NATIONAL HONOUR n nt charity honour.. Besides, the man didnt return the money because he wanted an honur, he returned the money because of his conscience..
Do u wnt d govt to giv him CON or GCON?
*this is hopeless*
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Latnok95(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
offshoreking: Why should his name be on the list? he return his own national cake. So he have miss his own honour.
And your type wil b d 1st to call our leaders thiefs..
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Imagineers: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is the fault of National Orientation Agency. The necessary paperwork needed to present him to head of service was never prepared. Somebody was waiting to collect his share of the 30k before the necessary papers will be forwarded.

Do we still need oyibo man to do this for us? Our deficiency in paperwork robs us of many good dividends.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by gogodaye(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is the mess in which we now find ourselves as a society and people. Good natured persons should continue to be honest and not wait to be applauded for their honest deeds, without sounding off as being boisterous just today, after concluding my transaction at the bank on my way out of the Ecobank bank branch situated at the central area of abuja opposite the NNPC towers l found a pack (bundle) of One Hundred Thousand Naira wrapped around with a duly filled UBA deposit slip on the floor. l picked same up and drew the attention of the banks' security detail and we both proceeded to see the chap in charge of operations, and he contacted the gentle whose name was written on the UBA slip on the phone number written thereon. The gentleman explained he was in the banking hall of another bank in the complex housing the Ecobank branch and the cash had probably slipped out of his bag. He was asked to come forward to pick same up whilst l left. One only needs to imagine the trauma the gentle would have had to go through upon his discovery of the same sum of money.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by offshoreking: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
Latnok95:
And your type wil b d 1st to call our leaders thiefs..

And did he steal? i mean the taxi driver.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by greatgod2012(f): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
i prefer to keep my mouth shut, but all i know is dt, its good to be good but one shouldn't be stupid!!!!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by Latnok95(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
offshoreking:

And did he steal? i mean the taxi driver.
nah! He didnt.. But in ur opinion, e suld av taken it..
Re: Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List by ziccoit: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
ASO ROCK COMMETEE ON WHO MADE HONOUR LIST CHAIRED BY MR PRESIDENT.

GEJ:- As far as we honour the the looters of multiple of 18M who definitely going to support our effort to bambuse these haters by 2015, we are on course.

ABATI:- don't mind the mumu man sir.... He should have pocketed the money and donate sumptuous amt to the PDP secretariat.

ATTACK LION:- You are on point sir. They don't know anything. Honour is earned not de......

GEJ:- attack lion what are you trying to say

ATTACK LION:- Padon (pardon) my claws (tongue). I wanted to say honour is demanded or bought not earned

ABATI:- he is going to serve as example to the rest on how things should go.

GEJ:- Pls, the two of you should pencil down how the gathered ones are going to be useful on the long run as this will determine who gets what.

BOTH:- Yes sir, we are walking (working) on that sir.

GEJ:- meeting adjourned till after the process

BOTH:- yes sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Price Hike Imminent As Marketers Propose N165 Per Litre - Leadership / Tinubu Pledges To Build Knowledge Based Economy (Video) / Ladoja Dumps PDP For ADC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.