Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880726 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
@TEDNERSY.....No

problem with her....Menstrual beginning for most teenage girls is often
eventful with many misses.But as they grow up things will begin to fix
up.Teenage females with 1st first menstrual experiences may even miss
dia menses as long as 2-3months b4 a proper start of their ovulationary
menstruation,most women dat often have such problems do start dia
menstruation quite late.However,if she is experiencing such
problems...it is adviceable to meet a GYN to address any PELVIC
ANOMALIES/ABNORMALITIES.This is not a serious problem as it will balance
up either in her early 20s or late 20s.......Having Mild misses of menstruation does not mean a future problem with fertility.But if in any case....she did not menstruate afta the lapse of 6months...it is adviceable dat u SHE visit a GYN for which she shall be test/diagnosed/treated for any SECONDARY AMENORRHOEA problem....since she has started menstruation(not PRIMARY)....!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks Doc. God bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Furitfulme: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks doc. the truth is that i an irregular circle. but seeing it twice in the month of September and and the second was with abdominal pain and light stain, and just four days after the menses, i went to pee in the morning and saw thick or clut of blood in the WC.
Am wandering what it could be.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shithapuns: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2013
when is the best time to take clomid?..3rd 4th or 5th day of cycle?...google says 5th day is cool..some peeps say 3rd day.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2013
@Furitfulme.......When

women tell me dey av twice menstrual period in a month...i ask them
only one question.....DO YOU KNW UR MENSTRUAL CYCLE?....also,Have u
observe if u av a SHORT MENSTRUAL CYCLE?.....The ansa is,women with
short menstrual cycle of 21-24days often complain they av twice
menstruation but the truth is dat they menstruated once for each cycle
periodically.I also explained previously dat ur problem edged with
problem with counting though u may still av menstrual
irregularity....Also,a woman does have one OVULATORY PERIOD in a
mid-cycle in a month-so,she is expected to av an OVULATIONARY
MENSTRUATION just once any above or less than dat is jus an
ANOVULATIONARY BLEEDING...wich we preferable toned up with
METRORRHAGIA.So,it is either ur 1st bleeding is OVULATORY or the 2nd one
is OVULATORY leadin to proper menstruation,den the either bleeding bin
after or b4 cud b ANOVULATORY....leading to non-menstrual
bleeding-METRORRHAGIA.If u observe SPOTTINGS On ur pant/WC....u may b advice to meet a GYN to check u properly for problem with METRORRHAGIA/OLIGOMENORRHOEA...such as CERVICAL/UTERINE POLYPS.....ADENOMYOSIS/ENDOMETRIOSIS....PCOS......OVARIAN/UTERINE/CERVICAL CYST......OVARIAN/UTERINE/CERVICAL CANCER......FIBRIOD(LEIOMYOMAS).....ENDOMETRIOMAS.........and many odas!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2013
@shithapuns........even GOOGLE will tell dat what its gives to u should not supercede the required medical approach given to u by ur medical doctor,although some of what it renders ar right.........even GOOGLE is being modified nearly everyday...so b wise and b attentive to what ur doctor is rendering to YOU!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sexysaxist: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
hello doc pls i seriously need ur help. am having a problem with my menstration. i see it for jst two days and always scanty and black in colour. another thing is dat am losing weight dat i dont undastand why, i also incheing around my private part and sometyms it will seems as if i hv a cut at the upper part of the closing and boils too. am seriously worried especially the lost weight. pls help. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
@sexysaxist........for

ur SCANTY MENSTRUATION/BLACK COLOUR....a woman's menstrual interval is
2-7days,avin a menstrual flow interval of 2days,no squalms.However,avin a
darkcolour menses cud be as a result of POOR CONTRACTION of the UTERINE
MUSCLES to pour fluids down the CERVIX,it cud also be.........PARTIAL
CLOSURE or STENOSIS of the UTERINE CERVIX as a result of P.I.D or trauma
done on it afta vaginal delivery/colposcopy/physical trauma,but most of women with dark-menses often exhibit normalty and this may often fix itsef well again.For ur
weightloss...it cud be PHYSIOLOGIC(normal),PATHOLOGIC(normal) or
IDIOPATHIC(no special cause).However,i would advice u attend to problems
causin u to loss weight dan looking the weight loss itself.For ur
PRURITUS VULVAE(ITCHING) and BOILS(FURUNCULOSIS).....it shows clearly
dat u have a PID.....of which cud revolves with
BACTERIAL/FUNGAL/PROTOZOAN Infection of COLIFORM SPECIES like
STAPHYLOCOCCAL INFECTION(causin the boils) is exclusive with
U.T.I.....SO,go and do a TEST......and bring me result...or follow the
treatment render to YOU!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sexysaxist: 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Thank u doctor I really do appriciate ur response God bless u. But please wht kind of test do u recommend?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2013
@sexysaxist.............These test are to be done 1)HVS or 2)MCS or 3)URINALYSIS-BACTERIAL COUNTS 4)HPF-WBC/RBC.......These are enough......and if you have the cash,u may try PCR........
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Qutie025: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2013
Hello doc,pls I need ur help.I'm in my mid twenties and I noticed a redish growth (peanut sized)around my clitoris about four months back. It does not pain but I don't feel comfortable with it. Pls is it normal? If no,pls what cud be the cause n the possible remedial action to be taken?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 10, 2013
@Qutie025.......for
a non-ulcerated growth,it could be SOFT-SORE with HAEMOPHYLUS
DUCREYI,for painless sore...it cud be SYPHILLIS with TREPANOMA
PALLIDIUM,it can also be L.G.V......and odas with HERPSE SIMPLEX
VIRUS(COLDSORE)...but when it comes to proper growth,it can be HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS(HPV)....TUMOUR of the VULVA/VAGINA........odas cud b NABOTHIAN CYST'S of the ENDOCERVIX(nt a problem) nd d count goes on.My advice is......meet a GYN to carryout EXFOLIATIVE CYTOLOGY for PRECANCEROUS GROWTH/CANCEROUS GROWTH and also HVS/MCS for any problem with upper/lower genital infection too.....bring me result!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamud3: 7:30am On Oct 11, 2013
Please drug for supplement ovarian cyst
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udysweet(f): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2013
Hi doc many tnx 4d gud wok.God bless. Pls I hav an issue;hav dis discharge comin fm my breast clear colored.its becoming embarrasin cos durin sex .was told it cld b non lactationsl galactoreal dnt knw wat dat is. Again last tim I had a missed period was in 2003 since then notn. Not lik I wnt to tak in but jus occured to me cos been hearing abt infertility alot dnt wnt to b caught in dat web. Are der tests I can do to determine my fertility status an possible treatmentz to boost it more? God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettyblack: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2013
Doc GOd bless u for ur help.am 28 tryn to conceive since six month.pls I nid a gud fertility drug
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
@MAMMUD....u

do not tell the kind of OVARIAN CYST,we have dfrent kind of ovarian
cyst,they ar mainly,FUNCTIONAL CYST(FOLLICULAR/CORPUS LUTEUM
CYST),ENDOMETRIOID CYST(ENDOMETRIOMAS),CYSTADENOMAS and DERMOID CYST and
PCOS bin inclusive.Now,treatment for diz CYST differs single supplement
that works for all....one for one....But in all of diz...FUNCTIONAL
CYST wich includes FOLLICULAR/CORPUS LUTEUM CYST sims to b more
common...ovaries makin cyst is part of a woman menstrual life with the
gonads...but an OVARIAN CYST bcoms PATHOLOGIC wen it happens dat widin
3months...d OVARIAN CYST has not degenerative.....Ur GYN will propose a
CYST removal wen this CYST ar cosin PELVOPERITONEAL DISCOMFORT and ever
increasing in size....afta dat,clinical managment proceeds......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
@udysweet.........NIPPLE
DISCHARGE in d abscence of LACTATION is knwn as
GALACTORRHOEA.GALACTORRHOEA is as a result of HYPERPROLACTINAEMIA....dis
very condition is brot abt by PROLACTINOMAS(a benign tumour of the
ADENOHYPOPHYSIS).However,dis problem can be done awy with by 1)Avoid
stimulating ur nipples 2)Usage of COLD/HOT COMPRESSORS 3)Complete
avoidance of GALACTAGOGUES and ANTI-PSYCHOTICS 4)use of DOPAMINE AGONIST like BROMOCRIPTINE or CARBEGOLINE.There is no FOOD dat increases FERTILITY....maintainance of oneself frm PID......and general pelvic region health keeps ur fertility at a good percent.......PROLACTINOMAS can cos SECONDARY FERTILITY...and women avin symptom of GALACTORRHOEA do av IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION.......too!...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote
author=prettyblack]Doc GOd bless u for ur help.am 28 tryn to conceive
since six month.pls I nid a gud fertility drug[/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote
author=prettyblack]Doc GOd bless u for ur help.am 28 tryn to conceive
since six month.pls I nid a gud fertility drug[/quote]I can only give u some fertility drugs on d ground dat i see any result frm u dat mainly frm a GYN dat u infertile with ANOVULATION as the primary problem or condition....I dont give drugs too freely as u might think.......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MizJaY(f): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hello Doc, please can u help me with whats going on here: im 17 days past ovulation and tested at 15 days past ovulation as my symptoms then were: breast tenderness, low abdominal cramping mostly at night, creamy cervical mucus discharge (quite much), fatigue, tiredness, nausea, backache. i got a very very faint line, on the home pregnancy test kit i used (at 15 dpo) so i decided to wait for two more days to test again as i heard hcg doubles every 24 - 48hours so i expected a darker line in 2 days time. So i tested again today (now 17 dpo) and its a bit fainter than the last test, almost invisible this time. some symptoms like fatigue, nausea, are not so much present again i just feel tired and my boobs are sore and swollen, backache is still present too and i get some very light cramping after i urinate or when i turn when lying on my belly and a little cervical mucus discharge but no sign of my period still. Is it too early to test? does this very faint line mean positive? what do you think the problem is here? heard about ectopic, chemical, miscarriages etc but i pray not to have such pregnancies. also is there anytin as false positive?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2013
@MIZ-JAY.......These
constitute pregnancy(majorly) and oda GYNAECOLOGICAL problems,without
mouthing words full on u,i would advice u stop usin HCG-STRIPT
TEST....go to a hospital so dey carryout SERUM BETA-HCG TEST....This
more reliable as it can confirm a BFP as early as 2WEEKS,so doin it
rules out PREGNANCY or confirm it.I wish u happy pregnancy....!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by thoshen: 9:04am On Oct 12, 2013
Hello doc,a frnd ws suppse to see her period on 29th sept bt didnt,mayb she miscalculate i said,so we waited for 2days only for her to av a mental taste in her mouth,after which her breast became heavy n she started having cramps like her period was coming,so we were relaxed,i told her to take a pregnancy home test which were negative,i said mayb its too early for d test.so i told we shuld wait til 7days from her suppose period that if she saw notin,then we'll go 2geda to a lab 4a blood test,which we did yestady 11th n it was negative,she still in panic that her period is not coming,her breast is still heavy and theres no period. Doc, is it that the test is indeed negative cz ma friend is scared cz she dont wanna b pregnant or we did d test too early.thnks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jadareese: 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
heloo drs .jus want to thank u for d enlightenment u giv on dis forum.may u be truly blessed. pls can u kindly interprete d result of dis hormonal assy;
LH-55.2(2.1-24.5)miu/ml
FSH-96.0(3.1-36.2)miu/ml
Prolactin-20.2(8.4-22.0)ng/ml
Progesterone-0.8(0.5-32.0)ng/ml.

thx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onyinyechika: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hi doc, pls wt can be the cause of light spottin after bedding? As av never experienced it b4. My period is regular, lasts for 6 days and has jst ened abt 3 days ago. Pls would appreciate if ur response is in simple english cos I dont understand d medical terms. Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kemifemi: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lucky-G-:
These signs are much common with OVULATION/MENSTRUATION and also with PREGNANCY afta some weeks POST-CONCEPTION...so only test can confirm it best!

I was asked to do a scan last week.The result of the scan is ok. No PID,no fibroid, no cyst, uterus is normal, ovaries are normal et al.
The gynae said the blood clots I saw on the toilet paper might be MP. The scan also showed that my uterus is empty.
He said I should try to be intimate for the next 2 weeks n he gave me another appointment for next week tuesday.
Am really eager to fall pregnant.
Have been on folic acid(naturesmart multibalance pregnancy care) n trevor supplement. I will like to know what supplements I can take to increase my chances.
A friend suggested vit E for husby n I.
Kindly advise .

Thanks Dr, will keep you posted.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
@thoshen........Doin pregnancy just too early at ur POST-OVULATORY PHASE will not fetch any good result.It is suppose to be done atleast 2-3weeks dat is frm an hospital test(BETA-HCG SERUM TEST),but if u wish to do it with a stript.....u shud follow it instruction and 4weeks on the dot afta d suppose menstrual cycle.Pls stop stressin ursef with STRIPT wen u can work over ur fears with a proper BETA-HCG SERUM TEST....However,PSEUDOCYESIS is a phantom pregnancy.....feelin pregnancy...but actually not pregnant.....it is jus psychological....try and avoid dis!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
@ONYEKACHI.....POST-COITAL
BLEEDING or COITAL-BLEEDING can either b normal or abnormal,women with
POST-COITAL/COITAL BLEEDING cud be diagnosed for 1)Trauma on the
vagina/cervix due to increase penile intromission pressure 2)CERVICAL
POLYPS 3)OVARIAN CYST/OVARIAN TORSION/APOPLEXY 4)increase use of blood
thinning drugs 5)side effect of some contraceptives like POSTINOR 2 6)CERVICAL/OVARIAN CANCER and odas includin P.I.D.....If observe spottings,it is advice u do a cancer screening test to rule out any precancerous cells..treat ur P.I.D if any...den maintain a go love-making pattern to avoid the penis hitting rough on ur inside....for most cases....it is normal...for some cases....it goes byond wat u imagined!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
@jadarese......The best to analyse ur result is the person dat did it for u because looking at ur LH/FSH...i dont knw if these values cud be for ur FOLLICULAR PHASE....LUTEAL PHASE or POST-OVULATORY PHASE...bsides dat,i dnt knw if u are in ur CLIMATERIC PERIOD.....but the person dat did this for u may knw the laters....but not ur CLIMATERIC or not.......However,ur values ar not terrible.....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
@KEMIFEMI....u
dnt have to take FOLIC ACID....or TREVOR to bcom pregnant.To bcom
pregnant is independent of FOLIC ACID or TREVOR.Try to b free...ensure u
are not hooked psychologically to this pregnancy thing.As much as i
knw,women worryin to bcom pregnant do have with many tears....but relax
ur mind,daz wen pregnancy now goodly comes.Maintain a proper healthy life....abour ur PELVIC REGION treat all P.I.Ds...and have this peace of mind wich is above all men understanding.However,in talkin abt supplements.....the best i can do is to INDUCE u to OVULATE..of wich i shall settle for u ur OVULATION time...tell wen to av coitus.......but on usin this drugs....u must obey all i command u to do...as to avoid O.H.S.S........
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bobola12345: 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
hello, please where can i get mipsoprostol or cytotec or any abortion pills.. it's urgent. thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kemifemi: 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=Lucky-G-]@KEMIFEMI....u
dnt have to take FOLIC ACID....or TREVOR to bcom pregnant.To bcom
pregnant is independent of FOLIC ACID or TREVOR.Try to b free...ensure u
are not hooked psychologically to this pregnancy thing.As much as i
knw,women worryin to bcom pregnant do have with many tears....but relax
ur mind,daz wen pregnancy now goodly comes.Maintain a proper healthy life....abour ur PELVIC REGION treat all P.I.Ds...and have this peace of mind wich is above all men understanding.However,in talkin abt supplements.....the best i can do is to INDUCE u to OVULATE..of wich i shall settle for u ur OVULATION time...tell wen to av coitus.......but on usin this drugs....u must obey all i command u to do...as to avoid O.H.S.S........[/quote

Okay. Its not easy but I will try and take it off my mind. Please what's O.H.S.S?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
good evenin doc. May d good Lord continue 2bless u. Pleaze i hav gone 2various chemists around my home to buy dat VITEX SUPLIMENT(CHASTEBERRY) But som of dem said dey dont know it. Please is it a tablet? Am worried! Tnx or is der an alternative?

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.