Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880659 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
hello doctor am a woman of 26ys old with 3 children...i noticed of recent that i have no urge fopr sex...and i pity my husband cos...he is not dat type dat will look outside...i mean i hate d mention of sex....now wen i do it, it is for doing sake...i need help b4 my marriage have problems!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dominique(f): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Seems 'dr' lucky has problems complying to simple rules. He has been told to stop posting on this thread after it became established he's not a medical personnel. Sorry, lucky-g, You left me no choice but to send you on a brief vacation away from this section. When you return and still refuse to heed to warning, I'm afraid your ban could be indefinite and forumwide. The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
arcbabe: pls I don't know what dw and dh stands for and what is acv that was mentioned there?
dw-dear wife
dh- dear husband
acv-apple cider vinegar
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maureen44(f): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2013
hello doc,

pls am experiencing scanty menses since jan 2013, and am ttc for 11 months, pls what do u suggest.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Hello doc. I've been trying to conceive for a year and six months. Have gone for all tests suggested by my doc including HSG.

My dh also did same.
His semen analysis shows:
volume:2.5ml
count: 10 million
actively motile:15%
sluggish:45%
non-motile:40%
morphology:normal
noted: no significant bacterial growth after 48 hrs at 37degrees.

My scan shows normal-sized anteverted empty uterus with moderate myometrial echo.
small particles was noted in urine and UTI suspected.

My HSG also stated normal patent tubes.

We were treated for possible UTI.

My doc says every other thing is in order and put us on herbal fertility vitamins.

Pls is there any other thing you can say about this result.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
@joybik...check out the ttc thread, you may find women in your condition and rub minds...many suggestions on how to increase count has been treated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
@favoured girl, thanks. i'm following up on that. U mean d count is low? Why then will my doc say its normal. Pls docs in d house I need ur opinion and advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
Yup...according to w.h.o. normal levels is 15million for conception so yeah 10 million is medically classified as low...my dh had almost the same count and he had to make a lifestyle change which involved quitting smoking and he also took wellman tablets.

I concieved the very nxt month. The ttc thread link is below

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
@favoured girl, I've been reading thru the thread anyway. I guess my problem now is to convince my dh that its low. I've been trying to let him understand but he still took it to doc who assured him its ok and asked if I'm in medical field. If I had more time I would av loved to visit the doc with him but I'm usually busy and only take off when I av my own appointment as the doc that sees me referred him to another doc though same hospital. I've already tried to make some changes in our diet. At least now I'm convinced on where to work on more. Thanks once more. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by PearlO(f): 1:38am On Nov 07, 2013
Hey doc...
pliz I think ve got wart..saying so coz my boyfrndz got smthing dat luks like it on his joystick...pliz hw do I treat it n wot shld he do to stop transmitting....Thanks in andvance...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chineloSA(f): 2:08am On Nov 07, 2013
Pearl-O-:
Hey doc...
pliz I think ve got wart..saying so coz my boyfrndz got smthing dat luks like it on his joystick...pliz hw do I treat it n wot shld he do to stop transmitting....Thanks in andvance...

Eeeeew, that thing is no joke o. Sorry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by PearlO(f): 7:07am On Nov 07, 2013
nw am rily scared.....so u knw anything u i cn do, pliz?..hw bad can it b?..thanks @ChineloSA
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2013
Pearl-O-:
nw am rily scared.....so u knw anything u i cn do, pliz?..hw bad can it b?..thanks @ChineloSA

Go see a dr, get tested and treat yourself..that's a serious matter not one for the internet pls

And hello con.dom? Strap up and protect yourself from STDs, HIV and unwanted pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chineloSA(f): 10:08am On Nov 07, 2013
Pearl-O-:

To be honest the person I saw with the sickness, had them and they were almost the size of an orange. sad sad Very big. She had to be admitted for a some laser treatment for about two times and some surgical cutting. Can't explain in medical terms,I am a commoner.

So yours maybe too little is size for that. When they grow big, they smell ( you cant be in the same room with people, you can smell yourself ), painful, oozing pus, she couldn't close her legs nor walk angry angry

Go to the doctor NOW, they will determine whats best for you. Don't stay with them till they grow big. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by PearlO(f): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks a mil @ChineloSA....am rily gr8ful.....bt ain't got no growths bt felt I might ve contracted from ma bf....@favored gal, thanks for d advice ..it twas jst a careless act ...rily gr8ful
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoka2: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2013
@joybik
Apart from the count issue, he also has motility issue. That means among the 10mil, its only 15% that are active. Don't want to cause a scare for u,but its gud to know what d problem is, so u hv a gOod game plan. that doc is not telling the truth. What fertility Vitamin did he recommend?
Let ur dh make a life style change as favoredgal said as well as take gud fertlity vitamins. Many pple recommen fertilaid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pinkylips1: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hi Doc or anyone else here that can help...am on a 30 days menstrual cycle,I saw my period last on the 22nd of last month,October and had unprotected sex on the 3rd of November,I took Postinor 2 the next day,that's the 4th of November,had my ovulation on the 7th,I just am a bit worried if conception happens 3days before ovulation or on the exact date and what are my chances of being pregnant...tanxs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by isha99: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
We have brand new Ultrasound scanning machines in Abuja with optional 3d functionality for sale with one year warranty. You can pay 70% now, balance in 2 subsequent installments. Pictures are too large.drop your email address or number and i'll send it to your box. Price:400,000
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ndky: 5:17am On Nov 11, 2013
Am really clad u r here...sorry to ask bcs I wnt to knw.my wife is seeing her MC on d 15-18,what date is perfect for us to meet so she can get pregnant.?tanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good afternoon doctor i have been having unpleasant vagina discharge and lower abdominal pains. I went for a pelvic scan and the result showed i have ovarian cyst. It showed a normal sized empty anteflexed uterus with heterogenous echo pattern measuring 83.9mm x 41.8mm x 45.4mm. There is a sonolucent thick walled bilobed mass at the (R) Adnexa that measures 66.2mm. The (L) adnexa is intact and there is no free intra-peritoneal fluid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
udoka2: @joybik
Apart from the count issue, he also has motility issue. That means among the 10mil, its only 15% that are active. Don't want to cause a scare for u,but its gud to know what d problem is, so u hv a gOod game plan. that doc is not telling the truth. What fertility Vitamin did he recommend?
Let ur dh make a life style change as favoredgal said as well as take gud fertlity vitamins. Many pple recommen fertilaid.

Pls I've responded to this on ttc thread as i found out u're there too. Also I believe others on the thread will also advice on the topic.
Pls check it out there as I await ur reply. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 4:36am On Nov 12, 2013
arcbabe: Good afternoon doctor i have been having unpleasant vagina discharge and lower abdominal pains. I went for a pelvic scan and the result showed i have ovarian cyst. It showed a normal sized empty anteflexed uterus with heterogenous echo pattern measuring 83.9mm x 41.8mm x 45.4mm. There is a sonolucent thick walled bilobed mass at the (R) Adnexa that measures 66.2mm. The (L) adnexa is intact and there is no free intra-peritoneal fluid.

Do an endocervical swab MCS cos ovarian cyst wouldn't b causin unplesant odour of womanliness discharge. Its probably an infective process
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 4:42am On Nov 12, 2013
ndky: Am really clad u r here...sorry to ask bcs I wnt to knw.my wife is seeing her MC on d 15-18,what date is perfect for us to meet so she can get pregnant.?tanks

On a general note u shldnt wait for ovulation befor u can meet her. 2X in a week is okay buh frm day 10 its advisable to start meetin wit her @least evry alternate day til abt day 20 or 21. D human body system is unique n na only God sabi d exact moment of ovulation. Hope dis helps
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 4:48am On Nov 12, 2013
pinky lips: Hi Doc or anyone else here that can help...am on a 30 days menstrual cycle,I saw my period last on the 22nd of last month,October and had unprotected sex on the 3rd of November,I took Postinor 2 the next day,that's the 4th of November,had my ovulation on the 7th,I just am a bit worried if conception happens 3days before ovulation or on the exact date and what are my chances of being pregnant...tanxs.

D failure rate of emergency contraception is greater dan 5percent even wen taken correctly so d failure rate is high n increases wit every 24hr delay. Hopin it doesn't fail next tym use a condom or abstain on dose fertile days cos EC has a serious side effect of causin ectopic preggy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2013
DonaTee:

Do an endocervical swab MCS cos ovarian cyst wouldn't b causin unplesant odour of womanliness discharge. Its probably an infective process
have done HVS and the doctor priscribed some drugs that didn't stop the unpleasant vagina discharge and it seems most of the drugs priscribed are making it worse. just tell me what I can do to stop it. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
arcbabe: have done HVS and the doctor priscribed some drugs that didn't stop the unpleasant vagina discharge and it seems most of the drugs priscribed are making it worse. just tell me what I can do to stop it. Thanks

Personally I don't regard HVS becos d vagina flora can contaminate it and give false positiv result. Endocervical swab MCS wil get a true picture of wat is goin on in ur uterus. An ultrasound scan may also help to rule out PID.

U can use swissgarde super Cider. Also takin yoghurt wit activ cultures wil help.

Vaginal douchin shld b stopped because it interfers wit d normal flora makin way for harmful organisms.

Buh if I see d culture result I may knw wat else to say.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by meme5: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good day Dr. I did hsg, n the result said frimbia adhension. Is it possible to get pregnant naturally with this frimbae adhension? The Dr said the tubes are opened, only issue is the frimbia. My Dr(a gyne) said with the hydrotubation i did, i can get pregnant naturally.I enquired frm a fertility clinic, but their dr said i had to do ivf. Pls help me, which is really true. I hope to get pregnant naturally,coz i cant afford ivf,but if its my only chance, we will av to save for it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
me_me: Good day Dr. I did hsg, n the result said frimbia adhension. Is it possible to get pregnant naturally with this frimbae adhension? The Dr said the tubes are opened, only issue is the frimbia. My Dr(a gyne) said with the hydrotubation i did, i can get pregnant naturally.I enquired frm a fertility clinic, but their dr said i had to do ivf. Pls help me, which is really true. I hope to get pregnant naturally,coz i cant afford ivf,but if its my only chance, we will av to save for it.

Well d fimbriae is locatd @d end of d F.tubes n function to sweep ur egg into d tube for fertilization to occur. D 2doctor av different schools of thot.

Thank God d tubes r open. U can get preggy.

Go to d thread of "Alternative to ttc" on NL and see d supplements and castor oil pack treatments dat can help dissolve adhesions n heal scars. U can also browse Do it ur self uterine massage so dat u can massage ur inner organs to dislodge d adhesions

Pray wella because wit God, ttc na moi moi. I wish u loads of baby dust
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bagayouche: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
Wen can one know when she is ovulating,since am trying to get pregnant. Please help me understand how to count d days

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.