Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877994 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
@unspeakablejoy........Who
is dat dullard giving u CHYMAR(CHYMOTRYPSINE) for a UNILATERAL TUBAL
OCCLUSION....My goodness!.....What help can CHYMAR drug do to help ur
condition?...........Nothing,quite funny......I cant help myself
laffing.....quite a fun with d young man dat gave u dis
INJECTION......Did u av any GASTROINTESTINAL problems?.....Y the
CHYMAR?..........Well.....na wa o!....However,O.H.S.S means OVARIAN HYPERSTIMULATION SYNDROME......Dis is a problem when the OVARIES are greatly worked on by drugs to induce OVULATION......This problem can result to OVARIAN BLEEDING.....VOMITING.....SHOCK.....ARRYTHMIASIS........and some problems in pregnancy!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unspeakablejoy: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
unfortunately, d gyn is not a young man, elderly man! Bt now what shd I do? HELP!. GYN say d medication is to soften d tissue blocking d tubes b4 Flushing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unspeakablejoy: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Doc, thks a lot ur response made me do a quick research on google. I wld like u to pls google "SYSTEMIC ENZYME THERAPY for fertility treatment" and pls let me have ur view in relation to d chymar shot my gyn recommended. Thks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Gud day doc , pls am ttc and saw my period on 22 to stop on 26 dat 5days when is my ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
@UNSPEAKABLE.......''unfortunately, d gyn is not a young man, elderly
man! Bt now what shd I do? HELP!. GYN say d medication is to soften d
tissue blocking d tubes b4 Flushing''..........I just laugh...continue with the oldman.....i kept to my cool.....wen he has finished with u...pls bring me result.....funny u...funny him!......CHYMOTRYPSIN afta dat TUBOPLASTY......or any form of FALLOSCOPICAL work.......funny cheesy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
oluwawunmi: Gud day doc , pls am ttc and saw my period on 22 to stop on 26 dat 5days when is my ovulation
If ur menstruation stop at 26th of October,u shud be expecting ur next ovulating period to be between 9th-12th of the next month
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labella12: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Haba this grammar is too much and very confusing even for people in the medical line. I think you should ask olawunmi her cycle length and even if you assumed its 28 days you have given her wrong dates. Can I ask where do u practice?

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nnemmpi(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
goodey dr,my wife did a scan two week ago and the result is cyesis(which you said it mean early stage of pregnant) thouh we are yet to take any pregnat test,but today which is 27 day of her monthly circle she saw some blood that look like her period,but her period normally start between 28,29 and 30.this is the first time she will be seing are period(if indeed is her period) on 27 day of her circle,dr pls is it normall?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
@labella12.......
1st...d grammar i used here for her not big....2nd if u av bin
following my answers to everyone i can recall i gave a general pattern
of arriving an ovulatory cycle(MENSTRUAL CYCLE= OVULATORY PHASE + LUTEAL
PHASE).....3rdly i did not say ''THIS IS'' ur ovulatory phase day, rada
i used the word ''BETWEEN''...If it is between.....i took good
assumptions over some lenghts of a woman's cycle.If i were u i would have justly post ur own answers to her question b4 u unjustly murder me......thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
@nnemmpi.........CYESIS

mean PREGNANCY not early pregancy....U av to knw dat in the presence of
pregnancy der shud nt really be normal menstrual cycle.In some cases
with early pregnancy most women do experience slight bleedings,diz
bleeding cud b excused by some GYN as a IMPLANTATION BLEEDING,this form
of bleeding rides off oda pelvic complaint and happen to b slight dan a
profused bleeding and may not cos any harm to the bleeding.However,if a
woman is bleeding,it is not pretty good to advice her to feel she is
menstruating at all...If ur wife is observing vaginal bleeding...she is
expected to rush off quickly to her OBS,not just for the bleeding only
but for any singular pelvic complain....The GYN may examine her in every
respect and take inferences as to c if she is aving of these form of
THREATEN MISCARRIAGE.......or........SPONTANESOUS
MISCARRIAGE.........or..........INEVITABLE MISCARRIGAE...........U did not put hw old is her pregnancy...and u did not put the severity of her bleeding......I cant assure a normalty........it is only a clinic test/scan dan confirm if it is normal or not..............But u must neva suppose such bleedin as menstruation and thru such instances cos ur wife to lose her pregnancy......Make a visit to the OBS as soon as possible....Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labella12: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sorry I am not trying to murder you I was only drawing to your attention your error for you to correct your mistakes telling her she would ovulate between cycle days 19 and 22 which would be very wrong if she has a 28 day cycle and a 12 to 14 day luteal phase but may be right if she has a 32 to 35 day cycle. menstral cycle is follicular, ovulation and luteal phase.

Then again I can see you are looking for admission to read medicine so I rest my case. Do accept my apology
Kudos to you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
@labella12......Am so sorry....o!...greenly sorry..u got convoluted and misss-match with this thread.....well.....cant speak for myself.....d things i do...do speak for me.....though my thread is mixed with so many incredulous histories......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
@FUNGRAMOT....Pls in addition to all i av render to u.....pls! i also want u to visit any good OBS and discus HUGHES SYNDROME with him......HUGHES SYNDROME(ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIGEN SYNDROME) is also a common reason for RECURRENT MISCARRIAGE.....as in ur case...i 4got to add it to d formers.......Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RipVanWink: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
yes..doc..pls check the advise you gave the lady about her ovulation days...i think its wrong....first ask her how long her cycle is normally ..then u can calculate her ovulation window......ovulation occurs 14 days before the next period...so increase ur chances of pregnancy..serious bd 3 days b4 expected ovulation and 3 days after ovulation n also on the expected ovulation day...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labella12: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why all the blanks are we to fill them up? Why do u have to use capital letters for medical terms? The reason I asked where you practice because if you are in Nigeria I would ask you how many patients with Hughes syndrome you have diagnosed and which laboratory you used. Going to google and textbooks to get info on diagnosis and tests that are not readily available.
Very easy to call unspeakable joy doctor a dullard for what you think is an error
Please stop asking people to call u or send you mails send them to see a good gynae
@ripvanwink of course he is clearly wrong
He has opened threads for practically every branch of medicine on reading through I see that he is looking for admission to read his dream course Medicine
People please beware

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
@ labell12,Ripvanwink and lucky-y am very grateful 4 ur concern my last period is on 24th of sep
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labella12: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oluwawunmi you need to state the day your period started and state your cycle length I.e how many days between when one period starts and the day you see your next period to give u an idea of when you are likely to ovulate. There are ovulation test kits available in pharmacies to also help you know when you will ovulate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
@labella12......the truth is dat...am a Primary 3 pupil.....my teacher just taught me how to play with d system.......daz y i am here.......I hope dis one glorify u....To God dat made me........i av neva extorted any fee frm anyone.......n i will neva.........Even frm people dat give me calls........i hardly pick dia calls......u may talk with JOSSY101.....i dnt av much time.....at most with her.....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
@labella12.........cant pay u enough for ur enough for ur good critics.....keep it up........U av not seen any NIGERIAN with HUGHES SYNDROME.....but u av seen a NIGERIAN with S.LE or pregnant women with S.L.E and PREGNANCY......Well,some S.L.E probs in PREGNANCY is connected with A.P.S(HUGHES SYNDROME)........Well am quiet...keep on d barracks....daz how u win all of them...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote
author=RipVanWink]yes..doc..pls check the advise you gave the lady
about her ovulation days...i think its wrong....first ask her how long
her cycle is normally ..then u can calculate her ovulation
window......ovulation occurs 14 days before the next period...so
increase ur chances of pregnancy..serious bd 3 days b4 expected
ovulation and 3 days after ovulation n also on the expected
ovulation day...[/quote] Thanks for ur constructive obloquy....great to knw dat frm someone dat nothing wierd or temperamental with me.U may neat it at the head......I neva indeed ask her CYCLE....daz an error on my path....thanks Chum........and i am just a newborn baby.......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unspeakablejoy: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thks Doc, I did a little research and I wld like you to google " Systemic enzymes in fertility treatment and pls relate it to d shots my gyn is giving me. Awaiting ur response. Thks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
[quote
author=Ehibeca]Sw my period 2nd- 4th of october n i do nt knw d exact
tym i ovulate..pls doc wen does my ovulation occur?[/quote]cs i dnt knw hw 2calculate it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
[quote
author=unspeakablejoy]Thks Doc, I did a little research and I wld like
you to google " Systemic enzymes in fertility treatment and pls relate
it to d shots my gyn is giving me. Awaiting ur response. Thks[/quote] Have ansad u on dis.....and i dnt see any reason to discuss furda....if u r okay with his CHYMOTRYPSIN(CHYMAR)....goodluck!......I av told wat i knw!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ehibeca: cs i dnt knw hw 2calculate it
MENSTRUAL CYCLE= OVULATORY PHASE(OVULATION) + LUTEAL PHASE.............U can meet a GYN to help u with ur LUTEAL PHASE basically frm test......afta dat u can get to knw ur OVULATION period......It is almost a 14(th) day for for average 28days of cycles and may varies with women with dfrent cycles like the 30-35............
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemzod: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hi doc,pls i was pregnant last yr n had UTI. I was given antibiotics in d clinic bt after delivery i started havin pain in d lower abdomen.i was treated for staph,e.coli and candida at different intervals afta having urine mcs and high vaginal swabs.since april i had been having bites in my left side of the tummy.i went for scan and results were normal,IVU and d result was dt all was normal except dt right ureter is redundant and calyces of right kidney are dilated. ESR is 60,and kidney function tests are outside normal range.i was treated wt nitrovard and cepodem.but i still have peppery like pain on both sides of my tummy.also, i still av different kinds of pain in my tummy. What else can i do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ labella....i share your concerns as well

...i rememeber when i first joined the ttc thread and read old post and read about someone i think mogbomoya..not too sure now...that met up with the dr she met on this thread (who was into googling and pasting as well) and allowed him to inject her with God knows what! In the student's quarters of luth! Whe is lucky she dint get aids or something more serious

This is a faceless with no means of verification...people need to thread carefully especially with doctors, prophets and the likes

@lucky ....i am not saying you are fake o! (Its btw you and God) Just advising people to thread cautiously
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yeske: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Good day doctor. I have been ttc for 5 months. I treated PID 4weeks ago. Hoping for something positive. I saw my period today and have been having serious unbearable pains since morning. I will like to know what I can do to stop or at least reduce the pain. Also, is it normal to have menstrual pains while having regular sex? A doctor told me that it is supposed to have stopped after I got married. Thank you Dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
@yemzod.....Goodevening

Madam..Ur case is not a big one.....I shall dysmystify ur condition frm
one phase to the other.Ur problem is 90% close to HYDRONEPHROSIS and
PYELONEPHROLITHIASIS.HYDRONEPHROSIS is a condition in wich there is a
dilation or distension of the PELVIS or the divisions of the
KIDNEY(CALICES) as a result of obstruction of flow of urine into the
URETER.This obstruction also can be brought as well by stones too...wen
it cos by stones it is now knw as PYELONEPHROLITHIASIS.U see the PELVIS
of the Kidney is formed frm the calices and the pelvis boot into the
ureter,it means that the ureter pass it down to the bladder.When this
action is paralyse in dat the flow of urine is to the ureter is
hindered,the ureter is an in a state of redundancy and clearly speaking
it can provoke a problem call RENAL COLIC...this problem coses the pain
dat u feel at most.In oda case since it seems u urine is not flowin ur
kidney will be comin to a state of atrophy too.So it is so clear dat obstruction to ur urine flow is laying the ureter not need or unusable...dis obstruction cud be cos by mainly either by FLUID RETENSION in the PELVIS of the Kidney or the CALICES of the PELVIS.....I wud advise u to visit a UROLOGIST.....And pls do a BLOOD TEST/URINALYSIS for the followin 1)UREA 2)CREATININE 3)ELECTROLYTE(SODIUM ION) 4)pH 5)ALBUMIN.........As for ur ESR....it increase cud as bin with many factors including ur URINARY TRACT INFECTION...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by seyiabi: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Omowunmi is a mobile phone based health education application that delivers relevant and timely information via text messages and voice calls to expectant mothers based on their Last Menstrual period (LMP) and New Mothers based on their delivery date.

To subscribe for FREE, Send 1111 leave a space, then your Last Menstrual Period in this format DD/MM/YY to +19788000222
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Yeske.....Goodevening,we
av 2 forms of menstrual cramping in a woman,they are PRIMARY
DYSMENORRHOEA and SECONDARY DYSMENORRHOEA.DYSMENORRHOEA as a word means
MENSTRUAL CRAMPING.PRIMARY DYSMENORRHOEA in a woman is the natural
cramping of the uterus felt by a woman during her menstruation,dis form
of DYSMENORRHOEA is not abnormal but due to a substance call
PROSTAGLANDIN.So primary dysmenorrhoea on it own weda strong or least is
a matter of internal inflammation cos by PROSTAGLANDIN.However on d other 1,SECONDARY DYSMENORRHOEA,it is usually ABNORMAL...The main coses of SECONDARY DYSMENORRHOEA are 1)ENDOMETRIOMAS 2)ENDOMERIOSIS 3)ADENOMYOSIS 4)P.I.D 5)OVARIAN CYST(DERMOID CYST) and oda more.However if u experience dis pain wen doin sex...well it is adviceable u dnt do sex during ur menstrual to alleviate ur crampings durin sex making.This to bring to ur notice dat ur need to b examine properly for any pelvic condition.....unbearable pains in menstruation cud be pathological..and my best advice is dat..pls visit a good GYN!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yeske: 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Lucky-G. Thank you. I will visit a gyn.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by clily: 3:40am On Oct 27, 2013
I realy thank God for dis thread, God bless u guys..pls i need ur advice, yestaday was my ovulation and i had unprotected sex with my hubby n since then hv been worried cos am still a nursing mother..dnt knw d best contraceptive to use dat wont hv side effects and also i want 2 knw if there is any effect of using d postinor tabs once instead of spacing it., urgent advice needed., tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.