Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880709 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jadareese: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
gd day Dr. pls I don't know wat could be wrong wt me.in d past 2 weeks plus I hv been feeling excessively fatigued,loss of appetite,occasional vomittin/spittin (especially when i drink water)and general tastelessnes. I hv nt had any AF in over 6months due to my battles wt pcos.and PT strips hv bn disappointin in d past.any ideas wat could be wrong?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MizJaY(f): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Good day Doc, am 10weeks pregnant and I have cravings for some particular fruits but I'm not sure how safe they are for me at the moment. Pineapple being one of them but I heard its not too good to take during pregnancy. I just bought some african star apple (native names: agbalumo/ udara) and also pepperfruits which I just ate now, orange makes and tangerines makes me throw up so I don't take them. other fruits like mangoes and avocado pear etc are out of season cos we r approaching dry season. Is it safe to take agbalumo and pepperfruit? I take coconut water too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Miz_JaY: Good day Doc, am 10weeks pregnant and I have cravings for some particular fruits but I'm not sure how safe they are for me at the moment. Pineapple being one of them but I heard its not too good to take during pregnancy. I just bought some african star apple (native names: agbalumo/ udara) and also pepperfruits which I just ate now, orange makes and tangerines makes me throw up so I don't take them. other fruits like mangoes and avocado pear etc are out of season cos we r approaching dry season. Is it safe to take agbalumo and pepperfruit? I take coconut water too.

Udara is gud. I dunno wat pepperfruit is M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear. I'm hapy u r cravin fruits #healthy picca. Drink lots of water too wit tym u wil start likin oranges and try d ones dat are not too ripe or yellow. Coconut water won't cause any harm too. Hav a 9mths smth preggy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
jadareese: gd day Dr. pls I don't know wat could be wrong wt me.in d past 2 weeks plus I hv been feeling excessively fatigued,loss of appetite,occasional vomittin/spittin (especially when i drink water)and general tastelessnes. I hv nt had any AF in over 6months due to my battles wt pcos.and PT strips hv bn disappointin in d past.any ideas wat could be wrong?

Sorry abt d symptoms. U can go for PT in a standard Lab n malaria parasite test. If u hav been meetin ur Oga u can as well b preggy. I ve seen some cases of PCOS becomin preggy witout major interventions.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bagayouche: Wen can one know when she is ovulating,since am trying to get pregnant. Please help me understand how to count d days

Some pple experience increase in EWCM @ around Ovulation period, some experience pains and a host of other non specific symptoms.

U can track ur ovulation usin digital ovulation testin kits.

Dependin on d length of ur cycle, I usually advice to BD frm day 9 (d first day of AF is day 1) to abt day 21. To cover all d period because ovulation day is not a constant. I hope dis helps
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
Miz_JaY: Good day Doc, am 10weeks pregnant and I have cravings for some particular fruits but I'm not sure how safe they are for me at the moment. Pineapple being one of them but I heard its not too good to take during pregnancy. I just bought some african star apple (native names: agbalumo/ udara) and also pepperfruits which I just ate now, orange makes and tangerines makes me throw up so I don't take them. other fruits like mangoes and avocado pear etc are out of season cos we r approaching dry season. Is it safe to take agbalumo and pepperfruit? I take coconut water too.

Iv eaten pineapple at least 5 days a week since i was 4 weeks. Now i am 17 and half..still going strong...no complications whatsoever

I also take orange every day to help with my digestive system as i have suffered a great deal of indigestion

P.s i checked with my dr first....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bumytebaby(f): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pls doc what could be the cause of of slight stomach pains during the 1st trimester in pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
bumytebaby: Pls doc what could be the cause of of slight stomach pains during the 1st trimester in pregnancy

Im not a dr but its the womb expanding / stretching slightly to accomodate the foetus...it is pretty normal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettyblack: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
My fellow sisters in d house God has answersed my prayers000000000 n He wil do d same to all dt wnts to conceive....chaiii chineke egosigo na odi ebube.

6 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
cheesy @bumytebaby favoured gal is very correct. If its not too painful jus ignore it buh if its too painful u can take paracetamol buh not more dan 3days. cheesy God is in control n u ll av a smooth n healthy 9mths. Amen.

@prettyblack congrats. God b praised!! He alone did it! To @al in d waitin room dis is jus d beginin because der wil be an overflow of bfp's IJN! AMEN

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bumytebaby(f): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
What could be the likely cause of long ejaculation in men during sex and what's the remedy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RipVanWink: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
bumytebaby: What could be the likely cause of long ejaculation in men during sex and what's the remedy?

what do u mean delayed ej.aculation? or thick one?...pls clarify ur question
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Trippledots(m): 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2013

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2013
@Trippledots.........This thread is not meant to give ABORTIFACIENTS of whatever reasons to be used for!...If u va bin given MISOPROSTOL....y not meet who gave you to tell you on how to use it....daz how it should be.However i preach against abortion due to the high chances of SEPTIC ABORTION most ladies are suffering after bin done!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itire: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Good morning doctor, I have not seen my period for 5 months and counting now. Although it has been irregular it has always been 3-4 months. Please is anything wrong with me? What are the implications? And am 19 and has never had sex.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bagayouche: 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Tnx doctor u have helped me a lot. But I want to ask I have been having lower abdominal pain like mestrual cramps it goes and comes. I was supposed to see my period last week but I have not seen it till nw. I feel pains on my nipple and my breast heavy I have back pain.I used pregnancy test stick n sunday but it showed negative.please can u explain to me wats up tnx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
@itire..........Th
question u asked can only be answered when u visit a gynaecologist.You
only gave this complaint,u did not say anything about your
physicals.The gynaecologist may sincerely ask you so many question abt
ursef....sign and symptoms as well as with your medical history?...Do u
av a bald scalp?....do u suffer hirsutism.......do u suffer nipple
discharge?.....Are u obese,average or skinny?......Is dis condition of
urs familial with ur mother,aunt,sisters and oda females in ur house? And many more questions.You are advice to visit a GYNAECOLOGIST which may see reasons to diagnose you for any problems regarded to 1)Anovulation 2)Hormonal imbalance 3)P.I.D 4)hypogonadism 5)PCOS 6)Galactorrhoea From prolactinomas.Pls......i would advice u visit a GYNAECOLOGIST for full briefing!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
@Bagayouche.......Breast
heaviness,nipple pains,lower abdominal pains are usually with
ovulation/menstruation/pregnancy and as well with some gynaecological
problems.The point of interest here is dat,since u av not seen ur
menstruation and u avin diz constituted symptoms and signs while not do a
BETA-HCG test atleast 2-3weeks from ur LMP.It can alwys show a positive
if u r pregnant.Stripts dont easy detect the HCG enough atmost tym to
prove ur pregnancy bin positive or not in dat these stripts are wrong applied or the instruction are not rightly followed.My advice is dat.....do make an appointment with a GYNAECOLOGIST to oversee ur breast/nipple/lower abdominal complaint............Congratulations!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by paulohgirlie(f): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Can strip dictect if some1 is preg, a day after wen d person suppose to menstrate. Eg mp is 20th, can strip b positive if used on 21st?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
@Paulo-girlie.......HCG-STRIPT cannot detect the HCG in the urine in just a day after ur suppose menstrual period.An HCG-STRIPT can detect the HCG in urine atleast from 3-4weeks after LMP.However,for a faster result u can visit d clinic for BETA-HCG SERUM test...wich can prove ur BFP...atleast 2weeks.....Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
pauloh-girlie:
Can strip dictect if some1 is preg, a day after wen d person suppose to menstrate. Eg mp is 20th, can strip b positive if used on 21st?

Depends on the sensitivity of the hpt.....mine detected hcg 4 days before my expected period. Most strips however should be able to detect at 99% accuracy on the day of your expected menstrual period (which is approx 4 weeks after last menstrual period depending on your cycle length) if your hcg is progressing normally

So the answer to your question is actually yes
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@Paulo-girlie.......HCG-STRIPT cannot detect the HCG in the urine in just a day after ur suppose menstrual period.An HCG-STRIPT can detect the HCG in urine atleast from 3-4weeks after LMP.However,for a faster result u can visit d clinic for BETA-HCG SERUM test...wich can prove ur BFP...atleast 2weeks.....Thanks!

I think you'v got it twisted.

.LMP is last menstrual period and that isnt the same as supposed menstrual period and you have just used both interchangeably which is wrong

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2013
Hi dr,
i A̶̲̥̅♏ 3months pregnant and have. Thyphoid and malaria, how do i get this treated, A̶̲̥̅♏ Ŋφτ̲̅ in lag at the moment, W̶̲̥̅hε̲̣̣̣̥rε̲̣̣̣̥ A̶̲̥̅♏ registered, please what do i do...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2013
@Favored Gal....u r unarguably correct!.....hCG is alwys produce after implantation,and implantation can takeplace in some women as early as 6-8days and odas as late as 8-12days.In somewomen implantation has taken place even before they observe a missed period daz why they cud test for hCG as from the 1st day of a missed period.while others cud av dia implantation soonest...often d reason y the HPT is adviced done afta a week!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itire: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@itire..........Th
question u asked can only be answered when u visit a gynaecologist.You
only gave this complaint,u did not say anything about your
physicals.The gynaecologist may sincerely ask you so many question abt
ursef....sign and symptoms as well as with your medical history?...Do u
av a bald scalp?....do u suffer hirsutism.......do u suffer nipple
discharge?.....Are u obese,average or skinny?......Is dis condition of
urs familial with ur mother,aunt,sisters and oda females in ur house? And many more questions.You are advice to visit a GYNAECOLOGIST which may see reasons to diagnose you for any problems regarded to 1)Anovulation 2)Hormonal imbalance 3)P.I.D 4)hypogonadism 5)PCOS 6)Galactorrhoea From prolactinomas.Pls......i would advice u visit a GYNAECOLOGIST for full briefing!
thanks for replying I don't have a bald scalp neither do anyone in my family. I don't have. hirsutism. and I don't have nipple discharge. I am. very average. and am the only one with the problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2013
@Julieni.....How
do you know you have MALARIA/TYPHOID FEVER?....Have you done any
laboratory test to confirm these conditions?...Early pregnancy symptoms
are usually deceivable for MALARIA/TYPHOID FEVER.We advice that you
visit a Medical laboratory scientist to confirm these conditions before you embark
on treatment.Your doctor may suspect these too but it is adviceable you
lay more presses on your Doctor to confirm these condition to avoid taking such
and such medications for what is just pregnancy
disturbances.......Above all see any OBS for proper check up since you have not started ur ANC!........THANKS!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bagayouche: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Tnx doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dr, pls av been having menstra pain since 19th which av not have 4 past 3yr now d problem is my mp ouht 2 last for 5days 2day normaly should be half day dat d 3rd day while d remaing 2 days will be just sporting but there is no sign dat it will stop and i want 2 know my ovulation day my last mp is on 22 oct and dis month is 19th pls d pain is much thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
hello doctor,
after i had two miscarriages. sept2012 and may 2013 respectively..i have been seeing my menses...eg. last month started 19th to 22nd october...since november...i havent seen any. and am worried cost i dont pregnancy test..it shows negative...what could be happening...could it be sometin serious is wrong..am 28yrs old lady..pls help urgently

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.