Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878309 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Amhappy(f): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
uboma:

Wow! I want to assume that there is another uboma who is in the medical field. I am not a trained doctor... Good health to you.

Yes there is. Maybe your big bro from anoda mother. Thanks,God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by queenet246(f): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pls doctors in d house or advices are needed.
A friend of mine was 3wks pregnant and she bought misoprostol tablets which she said they told her to take 2 that afternoon then insert 1 in d night then take d remaining 1 orally in d morning d next day (as its 4tabs inside d pack). After doing all dis there was no sign of anything happening.
So am asking if there's anything else that can be done. Help a sis a beg. Cos if I tell d whole story here u guys will marvel. Even though she didn't tell me wen d going was bad.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
queenet246:
Pls doctors in d house or advices are needed.
A friend of mine was 3wks pregnant and she bought misoprostol tablets which she said they told her to take 2 that afternoon then insert 1 in d night then take d remaining 1 orally in d morning d next day (as its 4tabs inside d pack). After doing all dis there was no sign of anything happening.
So am asking if there's anything else that can be done. Help a sis a beg. Cos if I tell d whole story here u guys will marvel. Even though she didn't tell me wen d going was bad.

How caring of u to take ur friend's problem like it was urs?! Samaritarian!! Smile....

Well, 1st of all, ur friend is not 3wks pregnant! she is likely 4 or 5wks gone!

2nd of all, misoprostol alone is nt a recommended 'Ab***tifacient'. It's just contra-indicated in pregnancy. But then, it's commonly used for such, and works for some, ineffective for others.

Let me ask, when exactly did "she" insert/take the pills?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by queenet246(f): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Marc9:

How caring of u to take ur friend's problem like it was urs?! Samaritarian!! Smile....

Well, 1st of all, ur friend is not 3wks pregnant! she is likely 4 or 5wks gone!

2nd of all, misoprostol alone is nt a recommended 'Ab***tifacient'. It's just contra-indicated in pregnancy. But then, it's commonly used for such, and works for some, ineffective for others.

Let me ask, when exactly did "she" insert/take the pills?

My dear u won't understand but if we can talk privately I van explain to u.

D medicine was taken on Saturday/Sunday that's 29/30th. So d insertion was on Saturday night.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
queenet246:

My dear u won't understand but if we can talk privately I van explain to u.

D medicine was taken on Saturday/Sunday that's 29/30th. So d insertion was on Saturday night.

Send me a PM
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
She got it when she doesn't need it. When she'll need it, she might not get it. TTC helter skelter now sets in!

Irony of life!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by queenet246(f): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Marc9:
She got it when she doesn't need it. When she'll need it, she might not get it. TTC helter skelter now sets in!

Irony of life!

U said d truth up there but that is not d question at hand. I only asked for an advice or rather an alternative to d already set in situation. Don't start talking about what is gonna happen tomorrow cos we don't even know wat tomorrow will bring.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
queenet246:

U said d truth up there but that is not d question at hand. I only asked for an advice or rather an alternative to d already set in situation. Don't start talking about what is gonna happen tomorrow cos we don't even know wat tomorrow will bring.

U misconstrued me!

1st of all, I never referred to your friend

2nd of all, I never said 'will'. I said 'might'

3rd of all, in my years of experince, i've come to realise it's a lot easier to handle TTC related issues successfully right from the point where ladies make mistakes and try to correct the mistakes unwittingly, without taking into account its future implication!

I rather offend you with the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by queenet246(f): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Marc9:

U misconstrued me!

1st of all, I never referred to ur friend

2nd of all, I never said 'will'. I said 'might'

3rd of all, in my years of experince, i've come to realise it's a lot easier for me to handle TTC related issues right from the point where ladies tend to make mistakes, and try innocently to correct their mistakes, without taking into consideration it's future complication!

I rather offend you with the truth!

No offense taken. Besides I thought that referred to my post but still let's allow d future to think of itself.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
plz Doc,donot no why my boo sperm goes out after ejaculation even after lying down for a while.as u have explain that its hydrospermia(watery fluid). donot understand d explanation.ls thisnormal ?can it stil make me conceive? does it contain spermatozoa atall.its kinda confusion. he has gone for almost all the test.No infection or whatsoever.what drugs can he take..thank u
NB: someone told me about AFRETARON TABLET,have bought it for him thou
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
evankelly123:
plz Doc,donot no why my boo sperm goes out after ejaculation even after lying down for a while.as u have explain that its hydrospermia(watery fluid). donot understand d explanation.ls thisnormal ?can it stil make me conceive? does it contain spermatozoa atall.its kinda confusion. he has gone for almost all the test.No infection or whatsoever.what drugs can he take..thank u

The seemen is a mixture of sperm cells(at least 20million motile cells), fructose, prostate fluid, IgA, seminal fluid, water, and other constituents that nourish the sperm and make the seemen assume a viscous form.
Your hubby or fiance, boo, may be lacking some of these constituents in his seemen.

Well, he can try the afretaron tab. Though I would have recommended a more effective seemen boosting supplement, but let him first try the afrotaron tab!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pls doc, i want to know what causes a cyst. Is it high or low fsh/lh.

Anoda question. I hrd a cyst is an immature ovum, can it get fertilized and as a result bring about blighted ovum. tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
diegs:
Pls doc, i want to know what causes a cyst. Is it high or low fsh/lh.

Anoda question. I hrd a cyst is an immature ovum, can it get fertilized and as a result bring about blighted ovum. tnx

Well, FSH is responsible for egg development and maturity, while LH is responsible for its release. That means low LH should be responsible for ovarian cyst formation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
lol...he is my hubby not finance. Your prescription wil be appreciated plz.have been trying to 9months now. And he ejaculates easily..its kinda frustrating.thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
evankelly123:
lol...he is my hubby not finance. Your prescription wil be appreciated plz.have been trying to 9months now. And he ejaculates easily..its kinda frustrating.thank u

Try not to tag ur husband ur 'boo' next time, before he starts booing you at home! We don't have to always import american slangs with no reasonable meaning.

Well, your husband is having sexual dysfunction I guess. But with kegel exercise, and a good sperm boosting supplement, particularly the one gotten from sea products, I'm sure his virility, his performance will be revived, and he'll become 'nackson or papa ajasco' #smileee#
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 05, 2014
Marc9:

Well, FSH is responsible for egg development and maturity, while LH is responsible for its release. That means low LH should be responsible for ovarian cyst formation.

You didnt answer thevsecond question. Is it possible for an immature egg to be fertilized and result tl blighted ovum
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 05, 2014
diegs:

You didnt answer thevsecond question. Is it possible for an immature egg to be fertilized and result tl blighted ovum

Yes its possible. The immature egg(blighted ovum) is released immaturedly, likely fertilized, and implanted in the uterine lining. The blighted ovum begins to enlarge in the uterus, giving a pseudo-gestational impression. It eventually becomes thwarted.

When exactly did you miscarry? And how many false weeks gone were you at the time of miscarriage? did you have an evacuation afterwards?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Marc9:

I miscarriage in june. I was 4months and did the evacuation in july. Now that my husband and i are settled, i would like to try again. Pregnancy has not been on my mind for some months.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 05, 2014
diegs:

I miscarriage in june. I was 4months and did the evacuation in july. Now that my husband and i are settled, i would like to try again. Pregnancy has not been on my mind for some months.

I understand.

Well, your hormones have to be balanced, your menstruation regular, your husband confirmed okay, for pregnancy to be feasible.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Consy11(f): 11:05am On Dec 05, 2014
Good Morning Docs! My question goes like dis; after a CS, how long should i stay before another conception? tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2014
Consy11:
Good Morning Docs! My question goes like dis; after a CS, how long should i stay before another conception? tnx

It depends on how quick the uterus heals. But I'll advise you stay at least 2yrs, 3yrs or more! Just to be on a safe side! Stay 3yrs, it's safer!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nnetriplet: 3:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Hi to all, all the great Doctors in the house may baba God embrass you all with correct blessings and favour, Amen!.....well, I hv been just been diagnosed with PCOS, cry feel so depressed), my marriage is about 1yr plus (actually going to 2yrs) and I have just seen my period thrice through out my marriage...inshort before I got married I had a very irregular menses but I never took it serious then (regrets) cos there was "no need" now I don marry need don come...sometimes I just feel like dieing and am so depressed...my mother gave birth to 7 of us, my elder sis has 3, why will my own case be different?....the funniest thing is that everyone in the family keeps having this dream of me putting to birth...my mother called me that she had a dream where I just delivered twins, my dad had the same dream same with my younger sis,...my DH called me yesterday that he had a dream where my mum came visiting...am like all these dream wey una dey dream make e come true ooo.....Dr prescribed Metformin, 500mg daily...was experiencing serious nausea and abdominal pain...but make I confess after 3 weeks I "upgraded" it to three times per day...and I just finished a 5-day course of clomid...am just just Desperate!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dennykel60: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2014
evankelly123:
to improve the quality of his sperm, get 40 plus for men. It contains saw palmeto, lecithin, zinc, vitamin D,E and C combination of different supplements for maximum result. For more info, Whatsapp 08136478517
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dennykel60: 6:29am On Dec 06, 2014
Nnetriplet:
Hi to all, all the great Doctors in the house may baba God embrass you all with correct blessings and favour, Amen!.....well, I hv been just been diagnosed with PCOS, cry feel so depressed), my marriage is about 1yr plus (actually going to 2yrs) and I have just seen my period thrice through out my marriage...inshort before I got married I had a very irregular menses but I never took it serious then (regrets) cos there was "no need" now I don marry need don come...sometimes I just feel like dieing and am so depressed...my mother gave birth to 7 of us, my elder sis has 3, why will my own case be different?....the funniest thing is that everyone in the family keeps having this dream of me putting to birth...my mother called me that she had a dream where I just delivered twins, my dad had the same dream same with my younger sis,...my DH called me yesterday that he had a dream where my mum came visiting...am like all these dream wey una dey dream make e come true ooo.....Dr prescribed Metformin, 500mg daily...was experiencing serious nausea and abdominal pain...but make I confess after 3 weeks I "upgraded" it to three times per day...and I just finished a 5-day course of clomid...am just just Desperate!
sorry madam, I understand how u feel. Why not go natural with REV up capsule, 40 plus for women and African potato. They contain combinations of supplements that helps a woman in such situation.for more info, Whatsapp 08136478517
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2014
Nnetriplet:

Well, metformin simply manages the insulin disorder associated with PCOS, but doesn't really correct the endocrine disorder.

There's more to getting pregnant than just inducing ovulation. Clomid would induce ovulation, and the egg may likely get fertilized, but would there be an optimal progesterone, with estrogen secretion to sustain implantation, and placentation?!

I'll advise you consult a gynae.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nnetriplet: 7:13am On Dec 06, 2014
Marc9:

Well, metformin simply manages the insulin disorder associated with PCOS, but doesn't really correct the endocrine disorder.

There's more to getting pregnant than just inducing ovulation. Clomid would induce ovulation, and the egg may likely get fertilized, but would there be an optimal progesterone, with estrogen secretion to sustain implantation, and placentation?!

I'll advise you consult a gynae.

I consulted one and he was the one who prescribed metformin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Consy11:

After a CS,an indication of 1year and 6months is enough to start planning for another pregnancy.But if you have done CS atleast 2 times,the time to start planning for another pregnancy becomes evenly longer more than the former.But it all depends on when the doctor you carrying another preggy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2014
Nnetriplet:

I consulted one and he was the one who prescribed metformin

From assay,what was the value of the androgen hormone?

Also,the FSH:LH?

Actually,Metformin is only meant to address the insulin resistance which flank with PCOS.Some doctors may advice the combination of CLOMIPHENE CITRATE and METFORMIN.This has been helpful for some women anyway.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
Pls Doctor,my period had not return after giving birth to my 10months old baby.Im presently having pregnancy symstoms.could it be im pregnant without period.Is it normal because im still breastfeeding,I hope it would not affect my baby.All i could remember is that i met with my hubby only once when my baby was 9months old.Any effect or danger pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
missnigeria:
Pls Doctor,my period had not return after giving birth to my 10months old baby.Im presently having pregnancy symstoms.could it be im pregnant without period.Is it normal because im still breastfeeding,I hope it would not affect my baby.All i could remember is that i met with my hubby only once when my baby was 9months old.Any effect or danger pls

If you've not observed your period since you gave birth, then it's unlikely you're pregnant. The symptoms you're experincing could actually be something else, say like PMS. But I'd have expected you to use a PT strip to rule out pregnancy.

Now here's the deal. One of the reasons why breastfeeding mothers do not menstruate after childbirth is because of the high prolactin level in their blood. When the babies suckle, they stimulate the bre*st in producing more milk, indirectly increasing the level of prolactin as well. An increase in prolactin triggers a negative feed in which GnRH stimulates low secretion of estrogen and progesterone. So, as long as you're still breastfeeding him regularly, that would inhibit the secretion of hormones responsible for menstruation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ufemia23(f): 11:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Doc.. I have been having a reoccurring vaginal candida. After treating it with some antibiotics and v-inserts.. It disappears and comes back again. Please suggest for me a natural or any remedy to curb me of this.. It makes me xperience pain during sex..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.