Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878279 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:
Doc.. I have been having a reoccurring vaginal candida. After treating it with some antibiotics and v-inserts.. It disappears and comes back again. Please suggest for me a natural or any remedy to curb me of this.. It makes me xperience pain during sex..

You were actually treating the infection wrongly. Candida is a yeast/fungal infection. You don't treat it with antibiotics. Rather, you treat with antifungal medication, plus immune booster.

Well, you have to treat it with an effective antifungal insert and oral, otherwise, the dyspareunia(painful s*x) would linger. You can send me a PM let me recommend what to get.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hi
Just joining nairaland. Married for 5 yrs, been pregnant naturally twice and had miscarriage. First one was 5mnths 1/2 and second was 10wks. 3 ivf, to failed 1 successful though by 6wks there was no heartbeat. Been told I have retroverted womb. Last week Wednesday met with a Doctor that says my uterus is down and retroverted and that is why I had miscarriages and that I need to do surgery to correct it so that I can carry my pregnancy tru. I need opinion on this and abt the surgery. Any doctor here! Help!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
evankelly123:
plz Doc,donot no why my boo sperm goes out after ejaculation even after lying down for a while.as u have explain that its hydrospermia(watery fluid). donot understand d explanation.ls thisnormal ?can it stil make me conceive? does it contain spermatozoa atall.its kinda confusion. he has gone for almost all the test.No infection or whatsoever.what drugs can he take..thank u
NB: someone told me about AFRETARON TABLET,have bought it for him thou
I dont think there s a problem wt his sperm since he has done those tests. it takes just one sperm ro fertilize an egg and each ejaculate contains abt 20 mill. I had same experience(ie d fluid flowing out after s*x) and i still took in afte some months. try to relax and keep trusting God.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
missnigeria:
Pls Doctor,my period had not return after giving birth to my 10months old baby.Im presently having pregnancy symstoms.could it be im pregnant without period.Is it normal because im still breastfeeding,I hope it would not affect my baby.All i could remember is that i met with my hubby only once when my baby was 9months old.Any effect or danger pls
its very very possible dat u re pregnant, esp if u re nt on any contraceptive and having unprotected sex. Do a pt to b sure. And no, there s no adverse effect on ur baby.U dont need to stop breastfeeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Consy11:
Good Morning Docs! My question goes like dis; after a CS, how long should i stay before another conception? tnx
18months is fine. Ur uterus wld hv healed by then. Goodluck!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:
Doc.. I have been having a reoccurring vaginal candida. After treating it with some antibiotics and v-inserts.. It disappears and comes back again. Please suggest for me a natural or any remedy to curb me of this.. It makes me xperience pain during sex..

The obvious err with you has been that,you have been treating it with an antibiotics.No! Not so!

It is also nothing too new or spectacular that that candida vulvovaginitis keeping recurring again and again.Candida albican as a vagin.a microbiota can only show an infective capability in conditions where the vagin.al ecosystem is dealt with-vagin.al pH.

Naturally,your condition may improve if you

1)Avoid using harsh soap down there.
2)Using any scenty fumes down there
3)wear pants that allow air to aerate the region
4)Avoid shaving incessantly
5)Dry up the region with a good scentless cloth after the use of toilet

Medications,may require prescribe caplet of antifungal drugs or injection such as with fluconazole or clotrimazole and others.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
tchiwinnie:
its very very possible dat u re pregnant, esp if u re nt on any contraceptive and having unprotected sex. Do a pt to b sure. And no, there s no adverse effect on ur baby.U dont need to stop breastfeeding.

Even without menstruating?
Did you take in without menstruating? Normally, regular menstruation signals ovulation preceded. Did you not read the part she said she's yet to menstruate after she gave birth? The only possibility lies in a coincidence where her first ovulation after childbirth result to fertilization, without a chance of menstruating.

Hmm!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
Hi
Just joining nairaland. Married for 5 yrs, been pregnant naturally twice and had miscarriage. First one was 5mnths 1/2 and second was 10wks. 3 ivf, to failed 1 successful though by 6wks there was no heartbeat. Been told I have retroverted womb. Last week Wednesday met with a Doctor that says my uterus is down and retroverted and that is why I had miscarriages and that I need to do surgery to correct it so that I can carry my pregnancy tru. I need opinion on this and abt the surgery. Any doctor here! Help!

Much as it supposed or seemed not to be expected,a retroverted uterus in pregnancy right itself as one is on her pregnancy-weeks for this varies.Retroversion of the uterus may not really pose an ecumbrance to carrying pregnancy,equally i do not see any it as a core reason for your pregnancy loss.Women with retroverted womb do carry pregnancy to term and some may have it anteverted out of confinement.

But,if your doctor has an inclination towards turning this around by a surgical design.Well,let's look at the outcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Thank yu Dr LuckyG1. According to him he says that since the uterus is backward and close to the tail is the spine, it thus make the pregnancy to grow backward toward the spine tail thereby causing pain and making it impossible to grow well. During my last pregnancy I had terrible waist pain at the middle of my bck it was so painful as though It was my period because that is how my period does to me. The pain is just like wen I had my first miscarriage, it's come intermittently and precise.pls, Doc, i need opinion, am so worried. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
Thank yu Dr LuckyG1. According to him he says that since the uterus is backward and close to the tail is the spine, it thus make the pregnancy to grow backward toward the spine tail thereby causing pain and making it impossible to grow well. During my last pregnancy I had terrible waist pain at the middle of my bck it was so painful as though It was my period because that is how my period does to me. The pain is just like wen I had my first miscarriage, it's come intermittently and precise.pls, Doc, i need opinion, am so worried. Thanks

In all the pregnancy you have been carrying do you always have this sharp backpain?!

What about poor urinary frequency during micturition?

Did your doctor discus with you any problem that could be responsible for a retroverted uterus if not natural?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

Even without menstruating?
Did you take in without menstruating? Normally, regular menstruation signals ovulation preceded. Did you not read the part she said she's yet to menstruate after she gave birth? The only possibility lies in a coincidence where her first ovulation after childbirth result to fertilization, without a chance of menstruating.

Hmm!
ur last sentence explains it. its possible she ovulated, and then conceived, so no menses. i ve seen patients like dat. frm pregnancy into anoda without any period in btwn, so yess its posibl. And her baby s 10months, complementary breastfeeding s nt a form of contraceptive
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Abt the pains, NO. How I had the first miscarriage; it was a 5mnths and, it all started at night wen I bend to carry my laptop suddenly I felt the pain and that was abt 10pm at night. The pain suddenly started increasing and Wundt stop. Before long it was intermittently like each 5mins tru out the night and I was urinating every mins. Then at abt 6:30 I bleed and I was rush to the clinic. There was still heart beat not untill the next day the heartbeat was no more.
My second pregnancy I didn't feel pain and by 10wks the were not growing well so the doc advice evacuation.
This last one was ivf that eventually . Before I went for pt was having waist pain most times. Wen I went for scan which was 6wks there was heart beat two days after I went bck, there wasn't heartbeat anymore.
Then I have this painful waist pain during my period and as am I am now am having the pain though I have finished my red robot week ago.
I hope I have put yu tru a bit. And hopefully yu understand my writing. Thank yu so very much and I really really do appreciate ur help.
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
And, YES I do have frequent urination during my red robot. And, NO the doctor didn't say the cause of the retroverted womb.
I know if it natural or It happen. That makes me think bck to my playful youth. I guess during my childhood I felt from our quaver tree and landed on my bck. Cud it be the cause? I remember....... Chai... I used to have waist pain.... I remember... Cud it be the cause? And is there solution.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
tchiwinnie:
ur last sentence explains it. its possible she ovulated, and then conceived, so no menses. i ve seen patients like dat. frm pregnancy into anoda without any period in btwn, so yess its posibl. And her baby s 10months, complementary breastfeeding s nt a form of contraceptive

Hmm!

I guess you didn't construe my explanation. Maybe your knowledge in endocrinology is not too vast. Read about negative and positive feedbacks.

Now, she said she's having pregnancy related symptoms even without observing her menstruation after childbirth, and I said it's unlikely it's pregnancy, perhaps it's just PMS(symptoms alike), and I also explained one of the reasons why her menstruation likely hasn't started yet. Prolactin antagonises estrogen and progesterone, as well as FSH/LH. And I said regular breastfeeding stimulates an increase in prolactin, thereby antagonising the secretion of other sexual hormones. In some breastfeeding mothers, the antagonisation of a slight increase in prolactin may not necessarily inhibit the secretion of other sex hormones responsible for ovulation and menstruation. But in her case, she's been amenorrhoic since childbirth, a discreet indication her prolactin is antagonistic to other sexual hormones.

And I'm yet to see Pts that took in without active menstruation, because the chances of that coincidence I mentioned earlier is slim.

Hmm!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
In medicine, it's impossible to take in without a womb. In religion, it's very much possible.

We deal with logic. But there are times when nature proves logic wrong. But that doesn't change the fact that logic must still be followed.

Medicine would never believe an "SS" can change to "AA" genotype. But then, it happens religiously, and doent mean medicine would begin to assure "SS" Pts of such possibility.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ufemia23(f): 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

You were actually treating the infection wrongly. Candida is a yeast/fungal infection. You don't treat it with antibiotics. Rather, you treat with antifungal medication, plus immune booster.

Well, you have to treat it with an effective antifungal insert and oral, otherwise, the dyspareunia(painful s*x) would linger. You can send me a PM let me recommend what to get.
Sorry I used the word antibiotics instead of antifungal. Actually been using fluconazole brand... Pls recommend me what to get
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:

Sorry I used the word antibiotics instead of antifungal. Actually been using fluconazole brand... Pls recommend me what to get

I seldom recommend on threads. The last time I recommended an OTC, I was banned for some days by the uns**tle moderator who actually assumed OTC for POM.

But then, from discretion and logic, it's very likely the reason why you're having recurrence is due to sexual activity. Let me ask, are you sex*ally active? Was your sexual partner placed on treatment as well?

You know, when a dirty hand(a lady with STI/UTI/VV infection) shakes a clean hand(his male partner), and later goes to the tap to wash her hand clean(treatment), while her male partner didn't get same wash as well(treatment), her hand would be cleanse of the dirt(infection). But when she returns to shake the dirty hand of her male partner, what do you think would happen?

Well your guess is as good as mine. So please respond to those questions I asked.

Pardon my analogy. Just wanted you to understand it better!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ufemia23(f): 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

I seldom recommend on threads. The last time I recommended an OTC, I was banned for some days by the uns**tle moderator who actually assumed OTC for POM.

But then, from discretion and logic, it's very likely the reason why you're having recurrence is due to sexual activity. Let me ask, are you sex*ally active? Was your sexual partner placed on treatment as well?

You know, when a dirty hand(a lady with STI/UTI/VV infection) shakes a clean hand(his male partner), and later goes to the tap to wash her hand clean(treatment), while her male partner didn't get same wash as well(treatment), her hand would be cleanse of the dirt(infection). But then she returns to shake the dirty hand of her male partner, what do you think would happen?

Well your guess is as good as mine. So please respond to those questions I asked.
Well you are right.. That's the truth. He wasn't placed on treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:

Well you are right.. That's the truth. He wasn't placed on treatment.

Hmm! I thought as much.

Well, now you know why your infection is recurrent. Also, your immune is likely suppressed.

You,with your man, should get treated. You should also get immune booster.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
@luckyG1, pls check my thread. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
And, YES I do have frequent urination during my red robot. And, NO the doctor didn't say the cause of the retroverted womb.
I know if it natural or It happen. That makes me think bck to my playful youth. I guess during my childhood I felt from our quaver tree and landed on my bck. Cud it be the cause? I remember....... Chai... I used to have waist pain.... I remember... Cud it be the cause? And is there solution.

I like your sense of girlishness.No time to be held bound by natural stickable phenomenons,my dear.Such a free-mindedness in putting down things of memory!

Well,falling down from a guava tree has no magic in reverting the positional anatomy of your uterus if not breaking the hip bone.

As you may know,backpain is a normal complaint with women.Commonly,lower backpain does crop up most with all female reproductive activities-ovulation,menstruation and pregnancy.An excrutiating backpain may either evolve from an abnormal condition or/and a normal condition too.

Besides,it is expected that a woman with a retroverted uterus complains of increase urinary frequency or decrease urinary frequency.Such as it may quality of life may(not) be affected.

Thus,in respect to the quest on ground.I have no offense if the doctor could be given to some chance to prove is prowess,this does not mean i became a proponent to doing the surgery all because of the hip/back pains during your confinement.As much as there is nothing to loss,he should be given an equivalent chance to tilting it into a normal uterine position and see how preggy works out in that position?

Has he discus chances of persistency with you before?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
@luckyG1, pls check my thread. Thank you.

I did not see any thread you opened,did you mean post?!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gazelle510: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
@luckyG1, thank yu so much for ruling the fall out. Much better now. Will take my chances. Thanks, and u hope yu had read the previous post before the one yu quoted. Thank so much, I do appreciate. Stay in top.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
@luckyG1, thank yu so much for ruling the fall out. Much better now. Will take my chances. Thanks, and u hope yu had read the previous post before the one yu quoted. Thank so much, I do appreciate. Stay in top.

....wish i had!

But we are always friends.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Doctors in the house pls help. I really feel so stupid asking this question. The thing is, I made a mistake with the prescription the doctor gave me. I am eleven weeks six days pregnant. Some weeks ago, I had pains in my lower abdomen and the doctor recommended a urine mcs. Result came back with moderate growth of staphylococcus species in urine culture after 24hrs. strong Sensitivity was to ciprofloxaxin and gentamicin. I was weakly sensitive to Zinnacef according to the test. Due to my pregnant status, the doctor recommended zinnacef and he wrote in the prescription paper zinacef 500mg bd 1/52. He didn't explain more than that and maybe I didn't even check the prescription paper before leaving. Later, when I went to buy it( Zinnat tablets -cefuroxime axetil) I foolishly assumed I had to use it for "1" month. I think part of the assumption came from the fact that my husband, who gave me the infection, treated it for a week, but it was still present after treatment. So I started the regimen, tried avoiding sex as much as I could because he wouldn't treat himself yet; and kept on using it until tonight, making it the 16th day. I just started feeling that maybe I was doing something wrong, why should I use an antibiotic for one month in my first trimester? that was when I went back to the prescription paper, read it again and realised my mistake! one out of fifty two weeks and I had to use for another extra nine days. I'm so scared right now that I've hurt my baby. pls is my baby safe with 16 days antibiotics?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

Hmm!

I guess you didn't construe my explanation. Maybe your knowledge in endocrinology is not too vast. Read about negative and positive feedbacks.

Now, she said she's having pregnancy related symptoms even without observing her menstruation after childbirth, and I said it's unlikely it's pregnancy, perhaps it's just PMS(symptoms alike), and I also explained one of the reasons why her menstruation likely hasn't started yet. Prolactin antagonises estrogen and progesterone, as well as FSH/LH. And I said regular breastfeeding stimulates an increase in prolactin, thereby antagonising the secretion of other sexual hormones. In some breastfeeding mothers, the antagonisation of a slight increase in prolactin may not necessarily inhibit the secretion of other sex hormones responsible for ovulation and menstruation. But in her case, she's been amenorrhoic since childbirth, a discreet indication her prolactin is antagonistic to other sexual hormones.

And I'm yet to see Pts that took in without active menstruation, because the chances of that coincidence I mentioned earlier is slim.

Hmm!
i m nt saying ur explanation isnt in order. i m saying she shldnt rule out pregnancy as its very possible. u may nt hv seen it yet in ur practice, bt i ve seen women tk in after giving birth b4 their menses returns,(nt just one case o). she shld just do a pt, dat ll determine her nxt line of mgt.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
haemi:
Doctors in the house pls help. I really feel so stupid asking this question. The thing is, I made a mistake with the prescription the doctor gave me. I am eleven weeks six days pregnant. Some weeks ago, I had pains in my lower abdomen and the doctor recommended a urine mcs. Result came back with moderate growth of staphylococcus species in urine culture after 24hrs. strong Sensitivity was to ciprofloxaxin and gentamicin. I was weakly sensitive to Zinnacef according to the test. Due to my pregnant status, the doctor recommended zinnacef and he wrote in the prescription paper zinacef 500mg bd 1/52. He didn't explain more than that and maybe I didn't even check the prescription paper before leaving. Later, when I went to buy it( Zinnat tablets -cefuroxime axetil) I foolishly assumed I had to use it for "1" month. I think part of the assumption came from the fact that my husband, who gave me the infection, treated it for a week, but it was still present after treatment. So I started the regimen, tried avoiding sex as much as I could because he wouldn't treat himself yet; and kept on using it until tonight, making it the 16th day. I just started feeling that maybe I was doing something wrong, why should I use an antibiotic for one month in my first trimester? that was when I went back to the prescription paper, read it again and realised my mistake! one out of fifty two weeks and I had to use for another extra nine days. I'm so scared right now that I've hurt my baby. pls is my baby safe with 16 days antibiotics?

If the leaflet is with you,why not study it to see how adverse this drug could be during pregnancy?

How safe your baby could be,we can not really guaranttee,antibiotics becomes harmful both on excessive use and prolong usage even for less harmful ones during pregnancy.

Little is being regarded about how harmful Cefuroxime could be in pregnancy.If the drug is taken once daily,little or no insult may or may not have happened with the baby forming.However,the doctor shall have to know about this and all necessary check will be done to know what risk should be kept in mind to disallow your pregnancy from falling through.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 09, 2014
haemi:

Your baby is safe. Don't fret.

But next time, ask the doc all the necessary questions you need ask, and try get a second opinion here before taking any prescriptive medication.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

Your baby is safe. Don't fret.

But next time, ask the doc all the necessary questions you need ask, and try get a second opinion here before taking any prescriptive medication.
Oh my God! thanks so much Marc9! I couldn't sleep well all through the night. Was just blaming myself and feeling like a total idiot. This will NEVER happen again by God's grace. I'll always get a second opinion here before using any kinda drug again.
LuckyG1, your response is also much appreciated. thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2014
Pls how do I count my LMP? Because my LMP started with spotting 4 like 3 days b4 d main flow started on d 4th day and it lasted 9 days and I conceived in d circle so my questn is do I start d counting frm d day of d spotting or d day d flow started? Tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
This is really serious o!yesterday I did a pregnancy strip test(urine),it is positive,i dint beliv it.I had to go to lab to do another test(blood) to confirm,it also came out positve.Infact i dont know what to do again because myself&my hubby has decided no more children,dats why i distance myself from my hubby.we met only once when baby was 9month,im still breastfeeding my 10month old baby&i hav decided to breastfeed him for 1yr 6months.infact i hav not even seen my period since i gave birth to him.I dint even know how to go about all this becos they said its not good to breastfeed a baby while pregnant.PLS DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE WHAT IS THE NEXT LINE OF ACTION.PLS HELP.THANKS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Can't believe I was proved wrong by a lady! This is a d***ace to me! Jeez!

I resign! sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.